(See All?) Announcements
705 Users Online
Google, Bing

Lope de Loop — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by xexes who has 83 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Skittles

In the spring time, the blackberry fields and briars always vamped up, preparing for the heat and UV ray onslaught of the summer. Until they began to bloom, the two always seemed indistinguishable, and both plants just as eager to penetrate the skin of any passerby with sharp, nearly serrated thorns. But patches of unripened berries, even if they had swords attached rather than razor-sharp thorns, could not discourage Skittles, demurge of The Imaginary Realm of Skittles.

In a blackberry clearing, he had found room enough to lay, flop, and mud-wrestle with his invisible friends in comfort. The dampened earth plenty was enough to keep him cool and dirty. There were only a few things that could get under Skittles' skin, but whatever could get into his fur was never one of them. Laying with his head rocked back to the sky, he had a clear view of the clouds, his mind somewhere up among them.

With his paws held to his chest, he let his mind wander. Here and there, he moved one as if to point at a particular cloud, murmuring to himself all of the different things it could be. To the side of him, a pile of blackberries lay strewn about, freshly picked, and all of them seemingly unripe. Upon closer inspection, scattered all around were the empty stems of the earliest ripe blackberries. Smudges of purple tainted the corners of his mouth, a criminal caught in his crime. For once, it was a good snack.

(This post was last modified: May 31, 2012, 04:46 PM by Skittles.)
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I'm guessing he's laying on his back looking at the clouds?
Narimé held a ground squirrel in her jaws. She was
extremely happy with herself for catching it. Though the silvery
yearling had to say that she had caught it only with dumb luck. In the very
least she had a meal to eat. Her first meal since the deer carcass she had fed off of
about five days ago. It had been pretty much picked clean by the ravens before Narimé had
gotten to it so she wouldn't have even called that a meal.
The yearling couldn't wait to tear into the warm flesh of the mammal. As she trotted to
find a clear area to eat the female tasted the creatures blood running down the sides
of her jaws. She would have just sat right down and eaten the thing if she wasn't being
pricked by thorns ever two seconds. The blackberry bushes were thick as she trotted
through the newly sprung growth. The thorns tugged at her pelt brushing it as she
walked through. With the ground squirrels blood around her maw she couldn't scent
Skittles by the time she padded right into his clearing. With a start the silver wolf stiffened when
she spotted the yellowish gray wolf. Straight across the clearing the male was on his back
with a seemingly lost look staring at the clouds.
Narimé was wary and she didn't want to bother the male if he was resting. She spied
a bunch of berry stems all around the male and wondered if he had just eaten a sweet snack.

"Ubhmmm. xcuse meh Iwah dust...ugh.. old um.." Stupid tupid!! Am I not thinking today?
she berrated herself for being so stupid. He wouldn't understand her through all that fur
in her mouth. Not wanting to set her prey down she warily set it between her paws. She
didn't want him stealing it on her, even if he was a good wolf. Nari did not trust him.
"Sir I hope I'm not bothering you, but could I share your space here?" She guestured to
the clearing in which he lay and where she stood four feet away. It seemed there would be no
other place for her to quickly eat. So why not here with some company? As long as he was
fine with it, and as long as he didn't want a piece of her tiny meal. She would not share
her meal with him if he asked. Since it was her first meal in nearly a week. If he did
ask to then she would simply say "have a good day" and leave looking for another clear spot.

Inactive No Rank
Skittles

Lost in the world of ambiguous marshmallow shapes, his gaze was set on the sky above when he heard a voice. His ears flicked in the proper direction to listen. Hesitant, his skin trembled and he shut his eyes for a moment. This was surely a pack wolf telling him that the borders had already been marked and he needed to get out. That's about how his luck with things went. But when no such thing happened, his eyes opened and his head turned in the direction of the satellites atop his head.

"Sure.", he managed to say, painfully. A shy smile crept on his face as he quickly looked away, afraid to look at the woman. "There's lots of room.", he emphasized the fact that she was welcome by tapping the ground as far as he could stretch with his paw. He felt embarrassed by his position and tried to cover his man parts with his tail, as no lady would want to look at that. Not feeling satisfied, he rolled his legs over to cover them and kept his chest facing the sky.

He snuck a look to see what she looked like. Pretty. But kinda skinny. His heart felt compassion for her as he realized how small her meal was. "The berries are good. They make you feel full. But a little sleepy.", he added, motioning to them. "I won't hurt you.", he added, hoping to soothe whatever instinct she might have had to run away. It seemed every female did that, running away as fast as they could.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé smiled; just by that shyness she knew that this wolf would not hurt her.
He actually seemed quite nice. She sat a few feet away giing him enough space for himself
and yet being close enough to share his company. White teeth flashed as the yearling began
gnawing on the ground squirrel. The mammals bones cracked under her jaw pressure while
she nommed on it. Well at least I don't have to eat in the thorns, and I can have dessert too!

A few minutes later the ground squirrel was no more, and Narimé was thicking her chops
wishing there had been more. The blue eyed she wolf gazed around at all of the stems
littering the clearing.
"I see you like blackberries. I have never tried them before." She grinned while standing up
on her long stilt-like legs. She sniffed at a few berries to her right, but none of them really
looked ripe enough to eat. Too bad so sad. Even if they weren't ripe at least she would get to
taste the sourness of nonripe berries. Maybe the berries will get the fur out from between
her carnassials.

Narimé had piled up some berries and layed down again next to them. she lay nicely
on her belly with her front paws tucked under her chest fur. Then she began eating the berries
one by one. It was true they weren't as sweet as they could have been but it was a refreshing
taste after the ground squirrel. Plus the yellow male was right they were filling her belly.
"So what's your name? I'm Narimé Lagina." She introduced herself. It seemed only rightly so
since she was sharing his clearing and its berries.

Inactive No Rank
Skittles

Much to his eager, subdued surprise, the woman actually did join him, curteous enough to give him plenty of space to breathe in. Feeling calm and relaxed, he remained mostly still, except for a twitch here and there, but he had enough room between her to feel safe and secure. If it had been a male, the male could have sat on top of him and he wouldn't have cared. It wasn't so much that females were evil as that females were an entirely different species from a whole other planet. Who had cooties.

"I like blackberries.", he nodded his head vigorously. "There's a few ripe ones...", he began but faded as the woman scavenged for some. His eyes widened and he feared that she would take them and leave. With a paw dangling in mid-speech, he froze, as stiff as an aged corpse. When she settled back down, he relaxed again, eating them like an otter would. He divulged himself in a heavy breath to clear his lungs and nerves. He allowed himself a glance to eyeball the woman's frame, mostly paying attention to how skinny she was or wasn't. He didn't detect the smell of too many wolves on her.

Getting up himself, he acted like he was fetching more for his own figurative plate, but he carefully began to search and pile the sparse ripened ones. When he was finished, he began to transfer his pile mouthful by mouthful to a new spot only a foot away from the girl. At first, the pile was only a handful. But when Skittles went back to the bushes again, it seemed that he wouldn't be satisfied with the pile placed curiously close to the woman until it was a large heap enough to fill a grown pack.

"I'm Narimé Vagina.". Skittles eyes widened and his pupils shrunk to tiny dots. He began to cough violently from some saliva that had gotten stuck in his throat. There's no way that she just such a private part! He stood very still and began to take deep breaths. When that didn't work, he scrunched his eyes. And when that didn't work, he began to count his own heartbeat. One beat, two beats, three beats, gee I wonder what a beet tastes like...

He realized he was settled down and dismissed the thought. "Skittles. I'm a loner cauz no pack wants me, They say I annoy them. ", he paused and added as an afterthought "I'm a hard worker.", and went back to collecting a more berries for his pile. "Those are for you.", he added ambiguously.

(he misheard)
(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2012, 02:04 PM by Skittles.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
She watched the wolf. A smile coming to her face. He may be a little
well...loopy, but he was honest and funny at the same time. Narimé already
began to like this curious fellow. He was a better wolf than most of the wolves
she'd met in her short life. With a volant movement she took a blackberry
tossed it into the air and caught it on the way back down. She ate it up with a smile lighting
her face. Then she watched as he began going around collecting berries. She pricked her
ears up in surprise when he began piling up ripe berries right in front of her.
"Well thank you Skittles!" She gave him a wide grin and wagged her tail.

She watched him blank out for a moment and wondered what was going through
this guys head. Maybe he was confused by something. She didnt know.
Watching him with her blueish eyes she dipped her head and picked up three ripe blackberries
from her now large pile and ate them. Yes the ripe ones are always the best..
"Your old packs think you're annoying?" She growled at the thought of it. A pack should be
happy to have such a funloving happy spirit, no matter how strange he may be. Even
omegas have a role in a wolf pack. To keep the pack together and happy.
"I can see that you're a hard worker. And I can't believe no pack would keep you.
You seem very nice to me." She wagged her tail again letting it thump the ground beside her.
"I'm sure you will find a pack who will accept you eventually." She smiled at him and continued
eating the berries that he had brought her. Too bad though, she was starting to get full and
there was still a big pile left.

Inactive No Rank
Skittles

"You're welcome~!", his voice was a sing-song, as if a bird's melodious morning chorus. "That's because I am very nice.", he boasted aloud in a teasing voice. "But other wolves aren't always very nice, the nicer the wolf they find, the meaner they are. But it's not nice to talk about unpleasant things. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all...", he repeated a mantra from childhood, scolding himself.

"I hope so, Narimé. But what about you? Where did you come from, why aren't you there now? Are you going to join a pack too? ", he paused. "Narimé, even if you join a different pack than me, I would still want to be your friend. Can we still be friends, then?", he pondered aloud, his thoughts drifting off as his eyes examined the whimsical fibers of the clouds in the sky.

"When I was little, I used to have a brother and a sister. You remind me of her. You don't look very much like her, or have the same eye colors, or pelt colors, or nose colors, but your souls are the same color. It's hard to find souls of the same color, they always seem to be black and blue - even mine. ", a pause pursed his lips. "I'm sorry my soul changed color Narimé, but we can still be friends."

(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2012, 05:31 PM by Skittles.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Trying out a different color real quick.. I wanna see how it looks.

The silver yearling was happy to see Skittles get all excited, but
Narimé was all at once overwhelmed by Skittles questions. She
smiled nonetheless and waited for him to stop rambling.
"Well heres my list of answers then." She inhaled deeply in order to
recite all of her answers in one shot.

"I came from lands far to the south. The reason I'm not back there with my old
pack is because my father lead me away from there for some reason. He led me
far north to this land. But I was seperated from him just before we reached Wildwood.
So now I continue looking through this place for him."
She paused knowing that her answer to his second question wasn't a good one. She
caught her breath and thought about how to answer his third question.

"I will eventually join a pack once I find a leader deserving of my kindness. Like you
I have been bullied in the past because I was too kind." She thought for second
about his last question.
"Of course we will still be friends. Even if we are in different packs." She grinned
happily while watching him space out and stare at the whispy clouds.

"You had a sister like me?" She smiled at her own memories of her brothers and
sisters. She had two sisters and four brothers. A very large family. Whilst her four brothers
and her one sister bullied her constantly the second sister Amela always backed Narimé.

"It doesn't matter if our souls change color, we can still be friends forever. Memories
keep us connected even when we are not together. Even if our souls change our
memories of eachother will keep us connected. Ya know?" She tried to keep Skittles happy
but wondered about that herself. If that is true then Sloane and I will stay together forever
too, and Treena, Chantille, Eletttra, and my family back home. My father will also always
be connected to me, no matter how far we are apart.
She felt warm and secure after
the thought passed through her mind.

Inactive No Rank
Skittles

Skittles listened carefully, his eyes respectfully averted, but his ears tingling with every word Narimé enunciated, as if sensitive to each vowel and consonant. "That's strange. It sounds like he loved you, Narimé . I'm sure he had a good reason ; I'm sure he was doing what was best for you. Maybe if you find him again, you can ask. "

"I understand...", was all he could reply after the woman's tale of packs. He too had fallen the same fate. It was always the most tender hearts that got crushed first, and stomped on the hardest. "Be pure and good and good things will happen", he had always been told, but it seemed that it only brought the opposite fate. Having a kind heart in this world only seemed like wearing a big red bulls-eye : 'kick me'.

He thought about his sister, his last memories of her. "Yeah. She's around somewhere, we lost track... She was sad a lot, but she was always very nice, even when others were mean to her. She always pretended she was happy, and sometimes she was. I remember us playing tug-of-elk-bone, she was smiling and laughing then.", he grinned at her through closed eyes. "She was nice like you, she never said anything mean about anyone, and just like you she was quick to make friends. It didn't matter to her how old, sick, silly, or sad someone was. I felt like it was my job to protect her, but I failed, because we split up and I haven't heard from her."

Skittles thought for a moment. "My memories will always remember you, Narimé , even if I never see you again. You made me feel better inside, I hope I was able to do the same for you. It's my turn to help now, I'll watch over you wherever you go, so neither one of us will be lonely anymore. Even if we end up in different packs."

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
"Well I'm happy that you feel that way." She smiled and stood herself back up
onto her strong legs. She didn't really know what had led her here in the first place,
but she was a little farther away from Drooping Willows than she would like to be.
Narimé was unsure if she would hear Elettra's call from this far away.
Maybe I should go back towards the Willows? She felt bad for having to leave Skittles
after just making friends with him. Although by his last comment she believed he might
even follow her all the way back. Skittles was strange enough that he might just try it.

Feeling the wind brush through her silvery pelt Narimélifted her head and scented the
breeze. No other wolf scents were around. Only the scent of plants and small animals
scurrying about came to her nose.
"I think I have to go now Skittles. Is that okay?" She asked turning her gaze back to the
yellow male wondering if he would be sad to see her leave. She waited to see if he would
get up and ask to follow. The yearling wasamused at the thought.