(See All?) Announcements
732 Users Online
Bing

Hero / Heroine — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
( continued from <a href='http://relic-lore.net/index.php?showtopic=2258' target='_blank'>here</a> )

Morning broke the next day with the sun shining as beautifully as it ever had. The only signs of the night's violent storm were a greener grass and the unmistakable scent of rainfall that hung around despite the majority of the landscape having dried out before she woke. Ava's eyelids parted slowly, reluctantly, more than content to spend the rest of her days in the absolute comfort she was currently surrounded by. The stones kept the den dry, warm when it was raining and cool now that it was not, not to mention a particularly pleasurable company had kept with her the whole night. As the sleep slowly dripped from her consciousness she lifted her head from the cradle she'd made of his body, a dopey smile etched upon her muzzle given in regards to the Grizzly Hollow Guardian who had ended up being much more just hours prior. Where he used to exist only in dreams, <i>Kade</i> had made himself part of her reality and she was nothing short of thrilled. But she wanted to avoid being creepy so she insisted her eyes find something else to rest on rather than the sleeping man, drifting through the small entrance to their escape.

While Poison Path had failed to grace her thoughts last night she found herself unable to cast the worry away in the daylight. As gently as was possible the coal-coated female slipped away from their embrace, remarking the tragedy with a gentle sigh as she crawled through the opening and immersed herself in the bright world beyond. Well-rested, the only soreness she had to account for was dealt with by a hearty stretch that left her body feeling languid. He ought to spend the night more often; sleep was so easy to come by with such a combination of safety and happiness. Briefly her amber gaze roved her surroundings, peering toward the mountains and around the Lake's edge to see if any of her packmates were about. To her surprise there was no one lounging and she could not catch the scent of any of her superiors. Wherever the morning patrol had taken them, it was not close to the make-shift cave she'd found last night. Her heart had no guilt for the feelings he awoke inside her, but for all their pack's delicacy and secrecy she couldn't imagine Rhysis appreciating her canoodling off-duty.

There was no need to worry any longer on the subject - they weren't around and once again, it was only her and Kade. Ava turned her cheek toward the den. She couldn't help but feel a bit naughty, but doesn't everyone the first night a boy sleeps over? Fully awake now her half-smile slid into something sanguine and full. At his arrival a verdict had to be made if he had to return to the Cedars so soon. The thought was disheartening so she ignored it and instead admired her homeland. Somehow it seemed so much lovelier than it ever had the mornings before, and he was <i>very much so</i> to blame.
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
<blockquote>It was not the picturesque, pale glow of dawn light that had roused the slumbering brute. As gingerly as Ava had tried to slip from his side, her movement had roused him in the best of ways. For a moment he would lie still, his eyes roving the shades of layers of the rocky walls that surrounded him as he rehashed the prior night's fateful events. With a satisfied grin, the wolf would stretch his neck and legs, closing his eyes as he breathed in his female's scent - a fresh dose to start the day. But he couldn't just remain there forever, and as a matter of fact he did not want to. Instead, his desires were to embrace the world they had created together, at her side, and rising to his feet the man would shake the sleep from his body.

He found her, perched a handful of lengths from the cool, dark den. It was a fight to resist drifting to her side, as it would have been so natural, but a part of him was content watching as she observed the lakeland, in all of its glory. The area had always captivated him; the angles of the mountain's slopes, featured with scattered, ancient conifers; the way the winds always seemed to blow sideways; the sheen across the water's surface, so bright, like a piece of the sun survived within the lake itself. And now, this place had taken on another meaning - <i>it had brought them together</i>.

As he quietly approached, silver eyes would look over the sleek curves of the back and legs of his <span class='word'>demiurge</span>, reflecting on the fact that, even when she graced the sun with her presence, the hue of every hair upon her body was jet black. Brushing past the shewolf's shoulder, Kade started the day by issuing an affectionate nudge to her cheek, his body throbbing with pride.

<b>"Good morning,"</b> his quiet voice broke the peaceful silence. Morning shadows draped the landscape perfectly, almost enticing to be investigated. Silently, he wondered what adventures the world had in store for them today.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
The calm of the easy morning had seeped through her skin, afflicting her with an inner peace so absolute that nothing could cause it violence. There was only one thing that could make the morning entirely perfect and it would appear he had already awoke, evidenced to her as a fresh morning wind tugged at her fur and brought with it her favorite scent. A delicate smile played along her black lips as she waited patiently for his approach. Ava knew he loved the Lake, probably even more than she did, and she didn't want to interrupt his own view of the morning beauty that surrounded him. Perhaps one day they would end up living together on the lakeshore as they had the last night to watch the sun rise and fall over the mirror of the water's surface - that was a hope she could entertain herself with. Though Ava barely heard his approach, she was not frightened when he brushed against her. <i>Fear</i> was the farthest thing from possible to beat in her heart when she felt his muscles move against her beneath his thick coat; and for the moment she would close her eyes and enjoy it, a literal dream come true.

When she opened her eyes she was still holding the same gentle smile upon her face and the dark she-wolf tilted her head to Kade, fondly fixing him with her amber gaze. As she looked upon him there wasn't anything physically different - he was the same rugged man, black fur adorned with striking silver accents and scars, his face even more handsome than she'd ever remembered it completed with that liquid metal stare capable of submerging her in rapture. The only thing that was different now when she looked upon him was knowing that he was <i>hers</i>... and just as thrilling, that Ava was his too. In that second she decided she would waste no more timing staring at him, as much as she did enjoy doing so. They'd better things to do with a full day's time ahead of them - and what a beautiful day it was. Never before had she been so willing to forsake duties, but the cache was just fine and the borders could go a day without seeing her on them. The calling was different today.

Ava turned toward him and licked his cheek, the miniscule motion greatly outsized by the amount of affection she meant by it. "<b>Good morning,</b>" she returned, a wiry grin following her mimicry - what a good morning <i>indeed</i>. There was a moment of quiet where she hesitated and the grin dwindled, unwilling to ask just in case the answer was opposite of what she wanted... but the words pushed past her lips as though they had a will of their own. "<b>Please, tell me you're not needed in Grizzly Hollow? Not yet,</b>" she questioned, framing her words with a playfulness that was betrayed by the plea in her eyes. If he left already, she'd be torn. Night had fallen and disappeared with the rising sun, but their time was not over, not yet. It had just barely begun.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
<blockquote>The shewolf's greeting was warmer than the pale sunlight that played over them, and he smiled wide as she placed an affectionate lick upon his cheek. The foremost question of the day inevitably squeaked from her mouth, one he had already managed to contemplate in his minutes of consciousness. Where sarcasm could have run rampant, as it tended to when they were together, he would provide his companion with a serious answer. <b>"Not yet,"</b> he cooed. <b>"Today is for you and I."</b> And there were oh so many things they could do with it. Though he was certain she had most likely become acquainted with the lakeland by now, surely there were a few places she hadn't seen.

Bramble Falls and the Drooping Willows were not far, either, should they retreat from the Lost Lake entirely, though his growling stomach would not permit the male to undertake such a travel without paying his due respects. Quietly, he wondered if she was hungry, too. A hunt was a lot of work for a day meant for play...

After a good stretch, the silver featured creature would steal a last glance over the serene scene as all thoughts and plans seemed to break from his mind. Once again, he found himself in a dreamlike state - with her at his side, the lake beaming below. How easy it truly was to construct a world of their own, as though it didn't exist at all outside of their times together.

Energized by the fact that this was the first morning of the rest of his life with Ava, he seemed all the bit lighter. A mischevious feeling crept up his spine as his tail rose triumphantly behind him, and his eyes would connect with hers for a good moment before he allowed for them to stray - a decoy. Without a second's notice, a playful nip would graze the tip of her dark snout and in a flash the man off, leaving only a cloud of dust, and his beloved, behind as long, powerful strides carried him to the treeline. Sliding to a quick halt, the wolf's broad head craned backward to ensure she would follow, not without breaking the serious feel of the moment with the day's first (and undoubtedly not the last) spat of humor.

<b>"I'll race you to forever,"</b> he quipped, though he was pretty damn serious about the "forever" part.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jun 01, 2012, 04:38 AM by Kade.)
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
The sun seemed to sparkle a tad bit brighter following Kade's words, as if the promise of a day spent together were the very cause of it - Ava certainly believed it. Subconsciously she leaned toward him, a pleased smile expressing her approval in the most demure way that it could. At once the options became overwhelming, for which a moment she took to consider that which she could, all the while training her calm gaze upon the Grizzly Hollow wolf as he eased the remaining tension from his muscles. There would be time, time that came during nights alone, that she would continue to wonder how exactly, and why, the man had charmed his way into her heart (and be thankful for it of course) but the day was their's, and needed to be seized. Despite herself it would seem she was a moment too gone within her own mind; she had missed all the warning signs of his impending mischief and her man landed a nip to break her reverie, then bounded off while leaving a stunned Ava in his wake.

Blinking away the stupor that had temporarily caused her blindness, she swung her body to find his retreating toward the tree-line. The night before Ava had purposely lead them farther away from the parts she knew, for reasons unneccesary to be explained. Though their make-shift home for the night had been easy for her to find, the black-coated she-wolf hadn't wandered far along these parts. Here, the mountain was not so barren as the areas she liked to frequent. Hesitation took her by her toes and held her fast to the spot where he'd left her, amber gaze somewhat vacant as she eyed the shadows that fell over Kade where he stood. Since her roots had taken in the open rises and windy stones she hadn't felt quite the same about the forests she used to call home - too many places to hide, too much hanging over head. <i>No worries</i>, Ava told herself, shaking her head to rid herself of the daze with a sly grin beginning upon her black lips. There was the Guardian of Grizzly Hollow at the edge of the trees - perhaps he'd extend the honor upon her.

Taking reign of herself once again, she lifted her head and proclaimed, "<b>Forever is a long time to run,</b>" Ava would never run from him, but therein was the specialty of a race - two runners on the same track. "<b>But I'll take it, as long as I'm by your side, and you're at mine.</b>"

Ava bolted forward with more fire in her pawsteps than there was in a fleeing hare's - though she felt a considerable absence of fear in comparison to a prey animal. She'd let her message be Kade's focus and bypass him with little more than a graze against his shoulder, purposefully leaving him with just the slightest touch as he'd done to her before she willingly made herself lost in the woods. Ava hadn't the slightest clue where she was going, weaving amongst the treetops that extended into the cloudless morning. The Poisoned wolf remembered every detail of their first evening together, before she'd even taken an oath of loyalty to anyone, including that this had been his home before it had been her's. With that knowledge, she was confident he'd find her, and likely within less time than she gave him... still, Ava would try to make it fun.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
<blockquote>He nearly froze at her first words, for a moment believing he'd asked too much. Forever absolutely was the longest of long times...But before she could add in her <i>but</i> the most familiar sensation came over him. It was not in the words his lover spoke - not today, or in the past - but in her eyes that he found his answer, and the one he was searching for as he stood in wait beneath the play of shadow. The energy of her bold stare told of loyalty, of trust, and of longing. The night he'd laid only a breath away from her, comfortably stationary upon the beach's sands and without any true comprehension of who she was to be to him, had sealed their fate. It was then that he truly knew that Ava was to be the object of his affection, even before she had charmed her way into his heart.

<i>"...as long as I'm by your side, and you're at mine."</i> There was no place else, and he would not have it any other way.

And with her first bound they would embark on the first of many adventures that fate had in store. The subtle brushing of her frame against his shoulder conveyed her reassurance and without a moment of hesitation the man followed in a swift pursuit. The forest was much darker than the open, stony space they'd woke to, but he preferred the darkness, anyway, and hell, they seemed to fit right in. Here and there Ava would disappear from view, but her sweet scent lined the foliage like a trail of stepping stones to guide him. The smell of pine sap was nothing like the cedar aroma of his home, and although he'd once cherished it before leaving the lakeland behind for pack life, not a day would pass now that he would not associate it with their young love.

Just when it would appear as though she held not only the swan dive record, but the 400 meter record as well, he'd finally caught up to the black speed demon. He'd been worried about her injury, but at the rate she was dancing her way over the large, exposed roots and muddied patches of earth, one never would have known she were ever hurt in the first place. In a burst of speed he would cover all the ground he needed to catch up and in a flash he was, in a more literal view, at her side. It would have been hard to make out the childlike smile he wore as his lips flopped here and there as a result from the pace they shared in combination with the uneven nature of the forest floor. Playfully, he would swoop in closer to her, his right side bumping against hers and not without a lighthearted nip to her shoulder before he swung away and took off in a diagonal direction. In the distance, the sound of rushing water pulled at him. There was just something about water he knew she wouldn't be able to resist, not this time, not ever. White water rafting wasn't originally on the schedule, but perhaps she could use him as a kayak. They were masters at improvision.

The ebony and silver brute came to a sliding halt just before a small overhang gave way to a river as awe-inspiring as a peak view of the Lost Lake itself. It was quite wide, and with the angle of the downward flow was very fast. Perhaps too fast, he thought initially - he didn't want to see his love swept away - though a quick, closer inspection whetted his appetite for the possibilities. The waters were quite clear, and from where he stood the rocky riverbed was visible and revealing of its shallow depth. A perfect challenge for the swan-diving trophy holder and her devoted dark knight.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2012, 05:44 PM by Kade.)
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Ava had never known love before him, but this had to be it. The absolute weightlessness that came with every bound she took was unbeatable, just knowing that <i>he</i> was right behind her, or right around the corner, or just at her side. It was strange, how powerful the magnestism of his presence was, and yet it didn't make her feel powerless. The absolute opposite of it, even - she was empowered to soar above the realm of mere possibility and accomplish anything at all. That was Kade Attaya's blessing, and she wondered if he even knew it at all, the way he filled her with the warmest of joys. Her fear of the shadows disappated with every smallest reassurance, be it pawsteps to her left or a breath from her right. Everything felt effortless, as though neither mental nor physical gravity could hinder her. Every once and again she would tilt her head over her shoulder and catch glimpses of silver streaking through the shadows of the pine trees which hid his dark pelt. Ava could only hazard an attempt at a charming smile before she had to look forward again, lest she planned on impressing him with her headfirst-into-trees abilities.

With boundless energy channeled to her fleet feet, Ava took the lead shamelessly, and she could worry about the damage it might cause her healing injuries later on. Pain did not demand to be felt with Kade nearby. She twisted a dark ear to the footsteps as they sounded faster, turning her head as he bounded forward. A coy grin stretched across her maw and she welcomed him to her side, able to see the twinkle of mischief in his pale gaze as their bodies bobbed and weaved and twisted through the trees. Who needed starlight when there were his eyes? Brighter in color and far more enticing. Just for a moment the playful nature of their run melted away and she looked upon him, gold eyes full of wonder and heart full of trust; this was better than freedom - this was <i>completion</i>.

Then the gap between them would close and the black-coated female's gait would be thrown off course, dipping a little from the momentum while the nip to her shoulder grounded her mind. Her momentary set-back had given him the advantage and allowed Kade to blaze their further trails. A new vigor appeared in her toothy grin and she bounced forward again, eyes locking on to her target. Cloud nine would have to wait.

He knew her so well already. Kade twisted to follow the rushing sounds of water, which Ava was slower to pick up on but overly excited to hear. Out of no where the trees grew sparse and from the shadows the two emerged on to the grassy overhang. Fearless she stalked forward while a quiver of curiosity began in the base of her tail. Rubbing her muzzle in the thick fur surrounding his neck she observed the the swells of water leaping over the riverbed's path. Well weren't just the right amount of dangerous? Hesitantly, she dislodged herself from the comfort of his scent and crouched, paws dipping over the edge. Her intentions were written all over her face as she turned back to offer Kade her mischievous expression. "<b>Why don't you tell me if I still deserve my title?</b>" Ava had impressed him once before, but perhaps her repeat performance would be even better.

The lack of a running start would effect her distance, but the water was nearly as irresistible as the dark-coated man close to her. Leaning her weight forward, she pushed against the overhang and launched downward into the river. Happier laughter couldn't have come from any other wolf as she dropped through the air. She let the waters consume her and offer her back as much as they pleased and waited she floated into calmer territory to find her love.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jun 25, 2012, 10:12 PM by Ava.)
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
<blockquote>The expression written across the face of his lover stirred a whirlwind of emotion and excitement within his drumming chest. <i>"Why don't you tell me if I still deserve my title?"</i> were the words to accompany, and with an eager, frenzied wag of his silver-touched tail, a lighthearted bark would convey his absolute intention to indulge her, or to cheer her on. And, just as quickly as they'd come upon the magnificent challenge, there she went, a inkblot of black beneath the rushing current of shaded water.

Two point five seconds after, he hurdled himself in after her. The cool rush of the moment eveloped every inch of him, and in his moments of submersion he considered several things. One - he was, hands down, having the time of his life. Two - he did enjoy the feeling of the current as it slipped through the layers of his coarse coat. Three - shit! Was that a rock? Ouch. And four - he could <i>not</i> wait to lay a tender touch upon <i>her</i> slick, wet body.

Eventually his wide, black head would pop up enough to nearly spray his companion in her beautiful face as he gasped in a big breath. He did his best to avoid stubbing another toe, which was tricky to do since the depth of the river bed was nearly unguessable while one was meandering along in the rapids. Here and there on the way down his body would bump into his Ava's, and silly, insane laughter would erupt from his lungs like a volcano of spewing puppy love.

As the current subsided it was apparent that the pair had braved the worst, and most exciting of the mountainside river. The gentle, warm stare of his cold, silver eyes would search for her as he swam in an excuse of an impaired circle before paddling his way toward the river bank.</blockquote>