(See All?) Announcements
219 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Bing

On the move again... — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
This day was no different than all of his days before. Having no place to call his own, he was once again on the move to new territory. He'd met some wolves and made some friends, but he hadn't yet felt the urge to put roots down. The thought was ever in his head though, ever since his first encounter with a wolf of this region, the spirited Chantille, he just couldn't shake it. That aside, he was entering a different area where the trees seemed a bit darker and he felt a bit on edge. He was not a superstitious wolf, but he just didn't feel as comfortable in this wispy shadowed region. He moved farther eastward and the trees thinned, giving way to a denser rockier terrain. The ground was tougher on his feet, but his calloused feet navigated the uneven terrain with ease.

The large wolf was actually enjoying the challenge of the rougher terrain. He remembered his brief time with the cream colored she wolf, Chantille and her challenge to race. He'd lost badly, but had enjoyed the thrill. There was not as much excitement here, but it required a bit more concentration and that was fine by him. Less free time to think about whether or not he wanted to join a pack. He wished that he could find some game to hunt or anything to help distract him further. His mood had been on the depressed side ever since he entered this section of woods and he would certainly be glad to leave it behind.
(This post was last modified: Jun 04, 2012, 04:26 PM by Sloane.)
Knight of Honor
Played by Bridget who has 90 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Finn Millinae
Recovery was well on its way with Finn. She felt quite a bit better; her wounds were now covered with scabs. She carried a slight limp, but not one that affected her mobility terribly so. Light brown eyes had more light in them; she was not as depressed. The wolf had wondered what happened to her brother...all she hoped for him was death. It was terrible to think or even say, but it was true. She did not give two shits what happened to him. If he was to die, she hoped it would be a painful death.

The silvery lady carried herself through the woods, branches raking at her fur. Wincing as one poked a scab, she turned her head, snarling lightly at the branch. "Come on.." She rolled her eyes, continuing to walk along. The forest was thick; there was an eerie feel about it. Hunger tore at her stomach, and the woman would eat almost anything available to her. Her nose worked the ground, scenting for any leftovers from another carnivore. She could hunt, but it would take most of the energy out of her.
"If a man knows anything, he ought to die with it in him."
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Lost in his musings, Sloane was caught off guard for a moment when he nearly ran into one of the strangest creatures that he'd ever seen. Upon closer inspection, he could hazard a guess as to what it was that he'd stumbled upon and that was a mountain goat. Neither of them were exactly on a mountain though, so the sift truly was a strange one. When it tried to hop away from him, the mystery was solved. The poor creature had a broken leg, which did not allow it to navigate is normal home. Which was why it was here, facing a very large and very healthy wolf.

The thing bleated in fear and tried once more to hop away. Sloane had sympathy for it's fear, but the circle must continue. The best he could do for it or any creature that he hunted was to make it as quick and as painless as was possible. When the large russet wolf attacked from the front, all he got was a shoulder full of wicked horn. Luckily not the sharp side, but the pain was still intense. Quickly reevaluating his plan of attack, he ran in circles around the injured animal, causing it to spin unsteadily in it's bad leg and falter. As soon as he saw his opening, he struck with his long, sharp fangs and ripped the goats throat open. In mere moments the deed was done and his prize lay at his feet. His eyes blazed wildly as they always did during a hunt and he felt the need to sing of his victory. He lifted his muzzle to the sky and let loose a howl that was simple filled with confidence and strength.

Then, he settled down in front of the mountain goat and began ripping at it's furry pelt to get to the warm meat inside. It didn't take long before his muzzle and fangs were coated red with blood and he made a truly fierce sight to behold.
Knight of Honor
Inactive II. Subordinate
Finn Millinae
Finn looked around; no prey was to be seen, no carcasses could be smelled. Releasing an aggravated grunt, she continued to walk, even though she wanted to rest. Not a moment after her anger subsided, there was a strong howl that pierced the air. Like a mirror being shattered, the sound scared Finn, making her stiffen up. Light brown eyes blinked and widened as she scanned around; where did it come from? Padding forward quickly now, the sudden scent of blood stung her nose. Finn's mouth immediately began to salivate, and she shook her head. How foolish.

Sliding through some thick foliage, she froze as she spotted what had howled- a large man. Great. She whined in her head, lowering her body downward. Her tail lowered, tucking between her legs while her ears folded against her head. It was either try for the food or don't.....and starve. What the hell. Lady Finn lithely slunk out of the cover, parting her jaws quietly to speak. Her western tones made her sound very lady-like, although fear mingled within the back of her head. "Er...hello, sir. Couldn't help but follow your very robust howl..." She let a sheepish grin spread upon her muzzle. What if this wolf was dangerous? She would surely be screwed.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane had nearly sated himself and was sitting back, licking his muzzle clean of it's crimson coating. He sensed that he was no longer alone and froze, his senses focused outwards. Just as he determined where the other was and was about to turn towards them, ready to defend his kill and hackles raised, his blazing amber eyes landed on a small silver female. She was covered in healing wounds and it was obvious that she hadn't had a proper meal in far too long.

She came out of the bushes, tail tucked and showing submission to him. He may not have been her leader, but he was a very large healthy wolf and she was obviously not taking chances with ticking him off. He would never let another take his food, but he would also never hesitate to freely offer food to one that needed it so badly. He dipped his head to her and said kindly, <b>"Please, come. There is more than enough for both of us."</b> His brows furrowed slightly as he got a better look at her wounds. They were definitely healing, but he felt a moment of anger towards the phantom wolf that had done this to her.

Thinking that his size might intimidate her, he even went so far as to step back and reiterate, <b>"Please, eat your fill. I am quite sated for the moment."</b> He sat down a little distance away from the goat and watched her with kind eyes and a few waves of his tail.
Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Borders were borders and she knew she wasn't suppose to stray far from her own. Mainly because of what had already happened. . .that and well, the pups had been born. But she needed to have some space. Away from the looks and glances she would receive when walking among her pack mates. And now alone in the wilderness. She felt free again. But she knew her body still remained beat. 

Her once beautiful pelt was now covered in scars. Her broken leg finally mending but hurt like a bitch as it always was as it dragged behind her. She had gotten used to a position where she could tuck her leg underneath her but the position exhausted her so sometimes she just had to go back to letting it drag. One of her emerald eyes was now closed, permanently as she had found out days prior. An ugly pink slash across her eye made sure of that. She had been in peace until she heard the howl. Irritation shot through her. Why was this wolf so close to the Creek's border? Did this wolf not understand the meaning of boundaries. 

Getting off of her ass she stalked forward, her one eye piercing the way. Why was this wolf here? Right where the creek was suppose to be it wasn't though. Shit! She was going delirious. She wasn't even in her own territory. Ignoring her stupidity she continued to limp forward until she got towards where she wanted to be. There in the clearing stood a familiar male with Finn. 

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Finn Millinae
She kneaded the ground with uncertainty once Sloane told her she could eat the remains of the goat. If she was a pig, she'd be slobbering all over the place, leaping onto the carcass and tearing it apart. She was lady. Slowly approaching, her tail remained tucked, the submissive stance overtaking her. "Much obliged, sir." Finn spoke politely, light brown gaze stuck on the male as she approached the meal. She hoped...no, she prayed this was not a sick trap.

Once before the goat, she lowered her head, taking a heaping amount of flesh into her jaws. She had not felt this much food in her mouth for a long time. Chewing hungrily, her tail automatically began to wag, uncurling itself from beneath her. After swallowing the chunk, she smiled to Sloane "You really have no idea how much I appreciate this. I am grateful." Dipping her head respectively to the lone wolf, she ate some more. Lifting her head up, she introduced herself "I'm Finn."

There was a sound, and she turned her head, eyes falling to Nina in surprise. Jaw almost dropped open and to the ground "Nina...?" Finn's voice questioned out, eyes now wide. What the hell happened to her?
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
When she timidly approached the goat carcass he was pleased. Not that she was afraid of him, of course, but that she took him up on his much needed offer. He shook his head inwardly at meeting yet another abused female. He had recently met another by the name of Nina. <i>Did every wolf go around terrorizing helpless females around here?</i> He was just glad that he could help this fae in some small way. She looked like she could really use a break and maybe even a friend. He was willing to help her out with both for now.

He gave her a big smile with her words of gratitude. <b>"Think nothing of it. I'd rather it go to a lovely fae in need rather than to greedy scavengers once I depart."</b> He kept his distance while she took ladylike bites, despite her obvious raging hunger. Just when he was trying to decide whether or not to ask what had happened to her, another she wolf appeared, almost as if his thoughts of a few moments ago had pulled her out of the air. She looked somewhat better than the last time that they had met, but it was plain to see that she would never be the beauty that she had once been. She still retained an inner beauty that was much more important, in his opinion.

Seeing the two of them together brought out his protective nature, despite the fact that it was far too late for him to have protected them from their respective attacks. The shock in Finn's voice when she saw Nina was plain to see. So they knew each other, but it was hard to miss the fact that Nina's wounds were fresher and more severe at that.

Anger built up in him and before he could sensor himself, the words just burst out of his mouth, <b>"Does no one protect their females around here?"</b> He was a little startled with his own outburst, but his words were heartfelt. Then he softened his tone, for his ire was not for them, but for those that had hurt them. <b>"I'm sorry. I just can't fathom both of you being hurt so badly."</b> He was nothing to them, yet he felt the need to protect them. It was just a part of who he was, his integral make-up.
Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
 The once golden beauty watched both of them with a watchful eye. Finn and Sloane. She remembered him from her encounter with Volkan and herself. Blinking her eyes at the two she heard a shocked voice come out of Finn's mouth. She was wondering if it was really her. And yet it was but it wasn't. With her encounter with Ash she suddenly held new terror in her, one that she couldn't refrain from. Koda knew that she was here most likely. Just like he always did. She knew to stay near her family now though, for if she didn't then, it would defeat the whole purpose of bringing her back. Oh how she missed him but she knew he had his duty to that female. Being so caught in her own thought she momentarily forgot to answer, but it seemed she would have been interrupted anyways by the young male she had met at her borders now had a terrible outbursts. Of how no one could protect their females. Koda had and she knew that, he would have protected her with his life.

Opening her mouth to speak she spoke in a fearful voice, "Yes, it is me, Finn. As for you Sloane, many things can happen, and not always can others protect us. And sometimes we are uncapable of protecting ourselves. "

The brown lady spoke in a voice that she didn't know she still possessed. Ye reasonable one, the one that said that she was still wise beyond her years. Closing her eyes briefly she breathed. Breathe Nina. 
In. . .1. . .2. . .3
Out. . .1. . .2. . .3

Reopening her eyes to watch the two wolves in front of her, her mind soon cleared of nasty thoughts. She was here, alive and close to healthy. She was almost there. To the point where she would be able to think reasonably again. . .she urned for that day to come. 

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2012, 07:54 PM by Nina.)
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Finn Millinae
Finn bit her tongue now, light chocolate eyes locked upon the torn tawny woman. She remained crouched low, although Sloane was friendly. Turning her body, she slunk forth to the female, nudging her neck gently. "What the hell happened to you??" she whispered, eyes glazing over in what could only be guessed as tears. Why was everyone getting hurt? Looking back to Sloane, she shook her head madly. "I...I don't know what happened to her, but I was attacked by my own kin. My brother."

Her voice shook as the mignon gray lady spoke, her skin casting goose-bumps upon her whole body. Eyes flickering to her paws, her head shook once more, as to be in disbelief. "He tried killing me because I left our pack.... the leaders were fine with it... I just don't know why he did it." Pull yourself together, woman. You don't want this wolf thinking you're in this for a pity party. Shrugging her shoulders, she looked back to Nina, gesturing toward the remains of the goat.

She thought she ate a lot, but in reality, she hadn't. From starvation, her stomach had shrunk quite a bit. She just couldn't fit as much food in her as she could anymore. Blinking blankly at the meat left over, she spoke softly "Help yourself"