527 Users Online
Google, Bing

Wet Slippers — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
46 degrees Clear Sky - Early Night Around 8:30pm - Full Moon

The lagoon rippled with flashes of sparkling reflected light.
The moon gazed down upon the water with her bright face and
coated the haimish landscape with her dazzling light.
A silver shape flitted along the banks of the moonlit lagoon. It lept and chased
the fireflies as they flew. Then the silent creaure stopped, trotted to the edge
of the sparkling lagoon, and lapped gingerly from the cool water. Its eyes sparkled
a bluish purple from the shadowy banks. The wolf picked up her light gray head and
stared at a firefly as it danced through the reeds. Her fur sparkled silver in the moonlit night.

I wish I was as beautiful as these star bugs. They are as pretty as the real twinkling stars.
The yearling turned her beautiful face towards the trees and wondered if anyone had seen
her dancing with the insects. It would be embarrassing if someone HAD seen her, but
then again maybe she wouldn't care if someone had seen. Since it would have showed her
real funloving and gentle nature, and other wolves should like her for who she is. Right?
The silvery yearling believed that was the way of thinking her father probably would have had.
Always be yourself! Narimé smiled and brought her attention back to the moonlit lagoon.

With a few quick steps she snatched a firefly out of the air with her jaws and chewed it.
Her face changed to disgust and the yearling promptly spat the bugs remains out.
Well I can't eat these little things... She thought quietly while standing on a boulder
at the edge of the sparkling water. But at least they make a beautiful sight. She nodded
to herself and began to step off of the boulder. Wet moss did not greet her paws kindly
and as the wet plants lost their grip on the boulder the silver she wolf slipped off of the boulder,
faliing into the cool waters of the lagoon.
The area where the boulder protruded out of the lagoon was not shallow either, the drenched
yearling coughed and sputtered after she broke the surface of the lagoon.
"Well At least I can swim with these stupid clumsy legs of mine!" Narimé hated her long legs!
They weren't good for anything except making her look odd and ugly since her body size
wouldn't grow into her legs yet.

The she wolfs swimming disturbed the white disks which had floated on the waters surface.
The moons reflection danced in Narimé's wake as she swam around the boulder to the shallow
area filled with reeds. With a low growl she pulled herself half way out of the water then slipped
on the mud and fell face first into the brown muck.
"Aw come on!!" She snarled at herself and shook out her mud plastered and drenched fur.
(This post was last modified: Jun 01, 2012, 04:19 AM by Narimé.)

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane had been traveling silently all day, once more lost in his thoughts. It seemed to be a constant state for him any more and he wished that he could just sweep them away until he was ready to dwell on them. The sun had gone down hours ago and the moon was high in the sky now, it's perfect fullness glowing down on the clearing before him. The large clearing was the home of a beautiful lagoon. Small ripples in the water came to life with the sparkles provided by the moonlight and it brought a smile to his face. He might be a male, but he found that he had a deep appreciation for beauty in all forms.

He walked to the edge of the water and drank his fill of the cool water with his long pink tongue. Then he lay down right where he had been standing and let the slight evening breeze comb through his fur. His amber eyes drifted shut and finally his thoughts let him be for the moment. It was a perfect moment of peace. He heard a soft splash in the distance, but assumed that it was a fish or a frog frolicking in the moonlight and ignored it, returning to his quietude. A few moments later he her wet thump in the distance, followed by a small irritated voice, <i>"Aw come on!!"</i> Well, that certainly was no frog!

The large russet male sprang to his feet and scanned the waters and the shoreline for the origin of the voice. He finally located a silvery form down the shore to the left of him and he bolted that way, his long legs bringing his there in short order. He slowed himself by sliding along the ground, digging his claws and paws deep into the damp earth. When he finally stopped he looked over and saw a small silver female half covered in mud and dripping wet. He fairly towered over her, but he gave her a gallant smile and asked, <b>"May I be of assistance, Miss?</b>
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé looked up to see another wolf padding closer. He was a big
russet fella which made Narimé uneasy, but his calm voice assured her a bit.
"Oh... Why did you have to be here when this happened? I feel so stupid now..."
She closed her eyes and laid her ears to the back of her head embarrassed. If the she wolf
could blush she would have been red all over.
"I'm fine I guess." the silvery yearling used her claws to dig into the mud and
wrench herself out. "Although I may have to clean this off in the water again..." She
growled at the thought of getting into the water for the second time tonight.

With a shake of her head she slunk past the male still embarassed and sat
herself down on the shoreline. Narimé tried to ignore the male and hide her face
from him as she groomed herself. The only thing was the mud wasn't coming off easily.
Why'd he call me miss? Narimé busily licked at her shoulder trying to clear some muck
off her gray fur. Then she took a quick glance to see what the male was doing. He was big
as he stood there and his eyes blazed in the moonlight. She shook her head still embarassed
and continued trying to hide her face in her fur.

"So what are you doing out here this late? " Narimé tried to break the silence while she groomed.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Even through the mud and the wet fur, her blossoming beauty was plain to see. She was young, maybe a year or so, but still a little feisty. She pouted for a moment when she thought that her moment or embarrassment had been witnessed. Then she struggled in a hopeless attempt to clean the muck off of her pelt, fretting about having to get wet once more. He liked her instantly and wanted her to be more at ease with him. She was taking his mind off of more serious matters and he suddenly felt like acting more like a youngster. A smile crossed his face as inspiration struck him.

<b>"My name is Sloane and this is where I have chosen to spend this evening. I am a loner and so I am always somewhere new."</b> He moved over to the waters edge and said, <b>"I think that you had a great idea. A swim sounds like a perfect activity!"</b> He ignored the fact that swimming had obviously not been her intention. Then he backed up and gave her a mischievous grin. Without another word, he ran towards the water and jumped in with a giant splash. Water went in all directions, including hers. Then he paddled around in a circle and said, <b>"The water is wonderful! Come, swim with me."</b> He invited the little silver fae in with a smile.
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé listened quietly as she groomed. The male, Sloane, seemed
like he was nice enough. She turned her head to watch him as he spoke.
"You're a loner too?" She cocked her head and then stood up as he neared the edge
of the starlit water. What's he thinking? He's gonna slip that close to the edge! She
took a step forward as he spoke about always being in a new place.
"I think that you had a great idea. A swim sounds like a perfect activity!"
What?!? But the waters a bit chilly! Thats how you get a cold! She wanted to yell at him
like her mother used to to stay out of the water, but she kept her jaws shut.
However as she thought it through she realized that the water would clean
her pelt faster than her grooming would. Should I or shouldn't I? She wondered.

With a grin Sloane had jumped into the lagoon and now he was calling her in. Narimé
refused the urge to jump in laughing after him like she really wanted. She shouldn't
trust this wolf just because he was being nice, but after losing her father
and family she needed someone to trust.
"I guess it would be easier to clean this off I guess.." She watched him smiling in the water
and wondered why he was being so nice to her. All the other wolves she'd met in
Wildwood since she'd arrived weren't at all as nice as Sloane.
So with a a quick glance at the male she lowered her head, yipped a high note
and ran straight into the water. She tried to jump over him into the deeper water past the
male and surprised herself by making the jump. She cleared his rusty ears and landed
in the moonlit water behind him.
"Ahaha! I made it!" Narimé smiled and sputtered a bit as a wave splashed into her maw.
Then she turned her attention to the male and tried to swim a half circle around him. With his
fur wet he looked like a brown wolf not a redish wolf. She laughed as she watched him with her
blue eyes. She marveled silently at how his golden amber eyes blazed in the night.
"Well since you told me your name I will tell you mine." She smiled again then dunked
her head quickly to remove the mud.
"My name is Narimé Lagina." She smiled again and shook her ruff. Droplets
of water sprayed from her fur onto Sloane as they swam.
(This post was last modified: Jun 02, 2012, 12:18 AM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
For some reason tonight, here with this young female, he felt as lighthearted as a pup again. It was truly refreshing for the having been on his own for a year, he hadn't had time to play games and just be young. He'd had to fight to stay alive. Always on the move hunting for the next meal or place to bed down for the night. Always alone. It had made him strong and he was now a proficient and well fed loner, but he'd missed out on a lot. He decided that for tonight at least, he would enjoy himself for the sheer pleasure of it.

Sloane could see the hesitation and indecision that the young fae was dealing with. She seemed a bit surprised that he was a loner. Not as surprised as he was that <i>she</i> was one herself. She was so young and seemed too delicate to be on her own. Of course, that was a matter of perspective. To him, many wolves seemed smaller than they really were. She finally decided to join him, blaming the need to clean herself. He smiled as she launched herself over his head, returning the favor of splashing him in her own landing. She was quite proud of her accomplishment and he laughed with her as he shook the new wetness from his head. Then she introduced herself, dunked her head to clean it and shook, wetting him once more.

<i>Narime' Lagina</i>. He laughed again and gave a gentle splash with his muzzle. <b>"Narime'. A beautiful name, Blue Eyes.</b> He dubbed her with his nickname before he thought that she might take offense to it. She really had the most beautiful blue eyes, lightly tinted with lavender. He wondered if the unique color was a trick of the moonlight.
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Blue Eyes? She felt flustered after he'd called her that.
Narimé wasn't expecting any wolves here to be like this. She was
starting to like him. Maybe he would be a good friend that I could travel
around with. Would he let me travel with him?
The silvery yearling wasn't sure.
But they were both loners so maybe. With a glance at the stars above she wondered
if her father would approve. He always knew that Nari made friends easily. And maybe
two wolves would survive easier as loners than one.

Narimé struggled with the thoughts swirling around in her head. With a quick
sigh she decided to just have fun for now. Besides she was starting to chicken out
on whether to ask him if she could travel with him or not. She didn't want him to be
all like, "I'm more of a lone wolf, I work better without other wolves around me." and then
never speak to her again sort of thing.
So just enjoy the fun we're having now okay Nari? She told herself as she
swam a bit closer to the shallow water. She lifted her tail out of the water and flicked it
towards him sending a mass of water droplets towards Sloane. Then she laughed again and
started grooming her back licking her fur backwards to dry it out faster. Her legs still stood in
the chilly water. "So what are you going to do next after helping out a dripping wet pup on the
side of your path?" She glanced to his amber eyes and smiled tipping her head curiously.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
She seemed to enjoy his playfulness and said nothing of his nickname, so he took that as a sign that she at least didn't hate it. He was feeling rather light-hearted in her company and was behaving like the pup that he'd never had the chance to be. He'd been younger than this little female when his father had been killed and he'd had only himself to depend on. Life had been hard and he'd had to learn fast to survive. His brows furrowed momentarily at the thought of this sweet innocent young thing being out here on her own. She seemed healthy enough, but he knew better than most that circumstances could change in an instant and she could be on the edge of starvation.

He was distracted from his introspection by her question. <i>"So what are you going to do next after helping out a dripping wet pup on the side of your path?"</i> What was he planning on doing now? That seemed to be the question of the hour. He thought about it for a moment and was unsure of how to answer her innocent question. <b>"I have no set plan, Blue Eyes. I will enjoy my time in the moonlight with a little water imp, then sleep, then hunt in the morning. Beyond that, I haven't the foggiest idea."</b> He really hated the idea of leaving her, but he didn't know what his own future would bring. <i>Did she have anyone else to take care of her?</i> he wondered.

He was still chuckling at her tail splashing him. He returned the favor, with a slightly bigger splash of water in her direction. Then he looked into her pale blue eyes with his own amber ones. <b>"What about you, little Narime'? Where do you go from here?"</b> At least these questions would help ease his mind. Hopefully. He wasn't sure why, but he felt responsible for Blue Eyes. He wanted to know that she would be all right.
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Where am I going? To find a home yes, but where? And I still have to find my father too
but what will I do after that?
She didn't know where exactly she was going either.
Her stomach growled for a second time. Apearrantly the nausia from the firefly had worn off
and she was hungry again.
"I guess I'm going to sleep for now and maybe try to catch a squirrel or something in
the morning." She shrugged her shoulders and stepped out of the lagoon entirely.
Drops of water slipped off her pelt and fell onto the moons reflected shape as it danced
in the water. Maybe I should hunt tonight while the moon is bright? No then the prey
would see me coming
. Tomorrow she decided while sitting on the long grasses above the
bank drying herself.

A few minutes later and her gray fur was clean and dry. It poofed out keeping her warm as
she glanced at Sloane, then back at the sky. The stars were beautiful tonight too, not just
the full moon.
"I have to find my father still... I don't know where he is." She answered his question while
looking down at her large paws. She wondered silently if she would ever see him again.
"Maybe we could hunt together tomorrow morning and catch something good!" She turned
to look at him again with a smile.
But what do I do after that? I guess we part ways and keep trying to survive and find our
places to live. We will find our own packs and families.
She realized she had answered
her own question.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
It seemed that his little Blue Eyes' future was as uncertain as his. She searched for her father. When she spoke of that there seemed to be doubt in her eyes, or insecurity maybe? He hoped that she would find him one day. Or at the very least that she would find a stable, loving home. His instincts were telling him to stay with the young fae. That she needed him. He had never had anyone need him before and the feeling was a little uncomfortable. Not because he didn't like her. Quite the contrary. He liked her a lot, but she was just a kid and needed stability. Something that he couldn't give her right now.

What he could give her was security tonight and a full belly in the morning. They would tackle the rest after that. He exited the chilly water himself and moved a little ways from her to shake his large body vigorously to dry himself. Then he walked back over to her, exuding strength and confidence, despite his still wet appearance. He sat down besides her graceful little self, feeling like a clumsy ox next to her. His gaze followed her own pale one up to the well lit night sky. Together they sat under the glow of the full moon and the twinkling of thousands of bright stars. He looked down at her and smiled. <b>"How could life get better? I am spending a beautiful evening with a beautiful lady"</b> After he spoke the words, he go a little flustered and looked down at his paws, suddenly feeling big and awkward. <i>She must think him a terrible oaf!</i>

He swallowed hard to clear his throat and croaked out, <b>"We can definitely hunt in the morning, if you like!"</b> His normally smooth voice sounded like an adolescent's again and heat crept up his neck. Pushing his embarrassment away, he cleared his throat and tried again, <b>"We should be able to catch something quite nice together. An excellent idea, Narime'!"</b> He was beyond relieved when his voice came out normal and confident this time around. He smiled at her and waved his thick tail across the ground as he waited to see what she had to say. Hopefully nothing along the lines of <i>'Get lost weirdo!'</i>
Knight of Honor