(See All?) Announcements
989 Users Online
Bing, Google

Do Wishes Really Come True? — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
(This is after Cali's visit with Indru and after the pups birth)

The white fae barely even felt the twigs and leaves that were trying to trip her up and get lodged into her once-tender pads. Her firm muscles rolled beneath her white pelt, stronger with each mile traveled in duty to her pack. She was relentless in patrolling and marking the territory for Indru and Corinna and their pack, which now included her. Once a shy, almost awkward fae she was now exuding strength and confidence. She took pride in her job of looking out for her new family and would never walk away. There was something distracting her today though. An ever present 'something' had been niggling at the back of her mind, something she hadn't allowed herself to think about in over a year.

Her dream of Corinna's and Indru's pups climbing all over her seemed to have awakened her dormant need for her family. She and her mate had been expecting pups, yet they had died in her belly. Both mate and pups killed in a bear attack. Her heart wrenched at the memory of them. Opening that door allowed another to open as well though. Her birth family. Her proud father, her shy step mother, her sweet little sister. They were the only ones that mattered from her old pack. Her one regret was not knowing how they were faring. After the death of her little family she just couldn't go back to her birth pack. The pain was to raw and she had wandered aimlessly for months before arriving here in relic lore. Her new life here was her saving grace and of all of those in her new pack, only Indru knew of her past, of her heartache. No other need be aware of it, but she had felt the need to be up front with him when she had joined.

Now her whole life revolved around her duty to Swift River. Thus, she shook away her memories and moved on, determined not to let her emotions distract her from her purpose. That was her old life, much as she wanted to know. This was her new one and her birth family was far, far from here. She continued on her way, marking the borders, strengthening the message of the River Pack's power and unity. Her emerald eyes constantly swept the terrain before her. She knew every tree and every shrub. Nothing was out of place. Nothing was not as it should be. Yet somehow, Cali felt on edge, as if waiting for the other shoe to drop. It was disconcerting and the muscles in her neck and shoulders were growing tight with tension.

In an effort to sooth her nerves, Cali moved closer to the river that marked the border of their territory. She resisted the urge to get in the flowing current, having recently discovered a love for it. Instead she lowered her snowy head and took a long drink of the fresh cool water, relaxing ever so slightly in the process. Then she let out a big sigh and lifted her head, looking across the waters to the land beyond, emerald eyes as ever, scanning for anything amis.
(This post was last modified: Jun 03, 2012, 11:02 PM by Cali.)
Never Underestimate a Heart of Fire...
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Big mountains and many other lands had threatened her from getting to where she wanted to be.  But she had finally made it. She had gotten into Relic Lore. The place where she would live, perish, find a pack, and hoping to Gods she would find her sister. With a smile plastered onto her face she recalled the distant memory of old Reed. Much older Reed then her. Mr. Hedgehog Man she would call him. Twitching her ears in amusement she skipped forward a grin on her brown and white face. Her tongue soon  flicked out of her mouth as she panted. Her tail wagged behind her as the breeze blew her fur back. Then she caught something. Well, she technically didn't catch something she caught scent of something. Pack borders. Her ears lifted slightly as she hopped closer. Was there a wolf there? A smile crossed her face as she darted forward. Wide emerald eyes took in the scene in front of her. 

There was a white wolf right in front of her with emerald eyes. The exact same eyes as her. It was Cali ,it had to be!  Running forward she launched herself at her sister momentarily forgetting that he had recently smelt pack borders. 

Latching her paws onto Cali's white shoulders she started to yap in glee. "Cali! Cali! It's me Jessie!!!"

Joy now radiated from the young female's body at the sight of her sister. She still looked the same, putting aside the dull look in her eyes. She couldn't be happier. She was alone with her sister again. How could she have asked for more? Her mate wasnt with her right now. She was alone. And Jessie could finally see her lost sibling again. Going back down on her paws she gave a smile to the wolf se presumed her sister.
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
Cali saw a form running at her, attacking her. Her newborn instincts rose to the surface and she met the onslaught with fangs and vicious snarls. She snapped at the grey form and got only air. As she was about to launch another attack she was frozen in her spot by words, joyful words. <i>"Cali! Cali! It's me Jessie!!!" </i> The blood drained from her face and she covered her now lethal fangs with lips that were quivering with emotion.

She pulled away slightly, looking into this grown fae's eyes. Eyes that were mirrors of her own. A gift from a father to his two daughters. <b><i>"Jessie? Could it really be you?</i></b> Her soft voice quivered with emotion. She hadn't seen her sister in over a year. Jess hadn't even been a year old and now here she was a small, but full grown adult. She shook her head in disbelief and then an idiotic grin broke out on her face and she threw herself on her little sister with unbridled enthusiasm, fueled by love. <b>"Jessie!!"</b> How could it be that she was just thinking about her birth family and who should she see, but her very own baby sister!

<b>"I am so sorry for behaving like that! I am in charge of protecting our borders and you caught me completely by surprise. Please forgive me Jess! You have grown into such a lovely lady. Certainly not the gangly pup that I remember!"</b> she laughed. She hoped that she hadn't scared her too much. All she'd wanted was a loving reunion with her sister and she'd been greeted by snarls!
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Being so caught up in seeing her sister again, the girl hardly noticed the show of aggression that the white female showed. She had finally seen her sister. Someone she hadn't seen in Gods' knows how long. Blinking beady emerald eyes at her sister she full out grinned. The sign of the white arctic female made Jess's heart shine just as much as her words were. How kind of her to compliment her. Who knew what could be happening right now. She couldn't believe it. The one who had given her the lead she had scarcely trusted yet, she had been right. Perhaps it was right to have wishes come true though. She wanted to find her sister, and her wish was received. 

A large smile splayed across Jessie's face as she exclaimed, "Thanks so much, Cal. I have missed you so much. And borders? You have a pack now, C?"

To say she was impressed was an understatement. She wouldn't be able to ever believe that her sister was leading a pack if they had told her. But now seeing and talking to her sister again she couldn't believe it. Then another thought crossed her mind. Cali ha apologized. But what exactly had she apologized for. With a small mental grimace she opened her mouth to speak again. 

In a strong voice she said, "It's quite alright, Cali!"

Jessie felt slightly bad though. What if her sister felt bad for her accepting the apology. If it was for something stupid then everything would hopefully be okay, but whatever. She should stay with her sister. And if she was truly alpha then it would be a pinch to getting accepted.
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
<i>Her own pack?</i> Ahhh! Her sister had misunderstood. <b>"Jess, I'm so glad to see you! No, no. I don't have a pack of my own. That was the idea, but... well, things have changed an awful lot in the last year little sis. It's a long story, but suffice it for now to say that I have joined the Swift River pack and I was patrolling when you sideswiped me!"</b>

She grew excited at the idea of Jessie joining as well. <i>What would Indru and Corinna think?</i> Hopefully, that an extra set of paws would come in handy. She didn't want to lose her sister now that they'd been reunited. She was family. Blood family. Then she thought of their parents with a smile and turned to meet Jess' emerald eyes, her own alive with excitement. <b>"What of Father and your mother. And everyone else... how do they fare?"</b> she asked in an cheerful voice, anxious for some good news from home.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
OCC: Im probably about to make up a bunch of things <3 

Strong emerald eyes watched her sister with love. She had grown to be quite the polite lady she was now. Not the immature teen she was when she left with the rag of a mate that she had. Now looking at her she couldn't believe how much her sister had changed. And she wasn't leading a pack, so much for getting in easily. She wouldn't mind being in the same pack as her sister though. It would be fun. Then Cali asked the question Jessie had been dreading. What of Father and Mother? Gathering a swallow Jessie opened her mouth to speak. 

In a sad voice she said, "I haven't seen Father in awhile. Mother died of some kind of disease a few months ago. Brenton is healthy though. Still my best friend as he always was."

The thought of her friend made her smile. She couldn't go back now though. There was nothing she could do. She was with her sister now and that's all she ever wanted. Was to find her sister. And she had and now she was going to stay with her sister. As it should be. Smiling at Cali she spoke once more, "Do you think this pack would accept me?"
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
Cali's heart broke as she heard about her family. Jessie mother hadn't been Cali's, but she'd still loved her dearly. <i>Father missing?</i> That could only mean one thing. He too was gone. Their father would never desert his family. Only death would take him away. Her eyes burned and tears filled them as the realization that her family was all gone, save Jess. Emotion caused her throat to tighten and she held in the scream that she wanted to let out. <i>This was not how it was supposed to be!</i>

Her parents were gone, her mate was gone, her pups never even had the chance to live in this world. All she had left was her baby sister. Nothing could part her from Jessie again. Cali struggled to paste a smile on her face for her sister's sake. <b>"I won't lose you again. I'm sure that they will love you!"</b> She prayed that she was telling the truth. There was only one way to find out though. She would have to call for her leaders. She didn't dare take her sister into the territory without permission. She was still fairly new herself and had worked hard to earn the trust and respect that she had eked out of her betters.

Gathering her courage, she sat back on her haunches and sent out a howl for her leaders, directing it towards the den area. Corinna would still be with the pups for they were still quite young, but hopefully Indru would be near and have heard her call. Or even Marsh, although he might scare Jess to death before accepting her...
(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2012, 01:57 AM by Cali.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
The brown and white female felt sympathy for her white sister. She knew she would be upset to hear the news about their family but she felt even worse when she smiled. It was an obvious fake one, not that she commented on that. Jess had always been able to see right through her sister no matter what and now she could only smile with her sisters comment. It was sweet and it warmed the girl's heart. Tilting her head slightly she was confused when Cali lifted her head and howled. What was she doing?

Reality quickly struck her as she thought to herself. She was calling for her leaders. This was unexpected and quick. Was her pelt properly groomed? Would her submission be enough? Was she so small that the leaders wouldn't want her? Doubts swam in the girls little head. Quickly turning around she have her pelt three quick licks before turning back to her sister. With a small smile she spoke. 

"I'm ready." Jessie spoke in a strong voice. 

Twitching her ears she waited for any sign of sound. What is they didn't come in the first place? She hardly even knew her sisters position in this pack. She waited though. She would not cower in fear, no longer would she tolerate being mistreated like she had been with her friends in the past. She dare tell Cali of that just in case she wanted to rip their pelts off. Jessie had many friends, some of who weren't really here friends. They decided to take advantage of her multiple times. Hurting her in the process. No longer would she have to deal with that. She would have a family again.
Inactive No Rank
Cali Swiftpaw
Cali smiled warmly at her sister, and this time it came naturally. She could clearly see that Jess was nervous. That was to be expected, <span class='word'>natch</span>, but Cali would be right here to support her. In the mean time, there was much to catch up on. The white fae moved closer to her sister once more and gave several affectionate licks to the side of her muzzle, then burrowed her white face into her sister's two tone neck or a long moment.

Then she backed up and sighed. <b>"Well, little sister, tell me about yourself! It had been much too long, I know. You have grown so much and your are so beautiful!"</b> Her heart ached for the time that they had missed, but at the time it was the right thing to do. She had belonged with her mate, pure and simple. However, because of her departure, she had missed half of Jessie's life. It was time to make up for lost time!

Jessie was putting on a brave front, but she remembered all too clearly how different it was to need to be accepted into a strange pack rather than be born into one and accepted from the time you left your mother's belly. It had been quite a culture shock, indeed. <b>"It may be a while before anyone shows up, so we can talk for a while. It will help to pass the time!"</b> <i>And ease your nerves.</i> Her last thought was unspoken, but wasn't it her job to make her sister's life easier if she could?
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
The instant Cali's muzzle went into her neck fur for comfort Jessie had to struggle not to stiffen. What the fuck was this wolf doing? This is your sister. Calm down. She succeeded in not becoming stiff and she immediately calmed. This was just her sister, not another wolf. She had time to talk to her sister though, which made her happy. Her sister's leaders would take awhile to be here. Smiling at her sister she thought quietly to herself. Should she tell her sister the truth? Or just be quiet about her life? Nah....she should definitely tell her sister the truth. 

Opening her mouth she spoke in a strong voice, "I have been swell. Though I wish I would be better. Some smart bitches decided to take advantage as me, as usual. That's why I came here. I got a lead and I wanted to try and find you."

Though her voice was calm she was surprised by her own language. It seemed as though she had a slip of the tongue. Not that she minded the slip of the tongue but she didn't wish to be seen as unholy by her sister. Wincing slightly at the way she spoke she tilted her head. 

Opening her mouth again to speak she said in a sincere voice, "Sorry about that."

She remembered last time she had seen her sister she hadn't liked having such foul language around her. But wolves can change cant they? She certainly had with her life, but whatever. Talking did help pass the time. But where we're Cali's leaders? She wanted to join a pack and be with her sister. . .officially.