Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
At first when Narimé had entered the wildwood she wasn't
particularly there to hunt. She was still traveling north looking for any
trace of her father. Plus she had seen this vast forest when she had climbed
to the top of Riddle Heights. The yearling was curious about these woods and
who inhabited them. She padded through the morning gazing at the bountiful
trees. It seemed like every kind of tree she knew of made up this vast forest.
The sun barely showed through the branches as it cast its warm light upon
the forest floor. Dappled sunlight struck her coat making her look like a spotted
wolf traveling through the wood.

She growled as her stomach churned. Apart from her ground squirrel
nearly two days ago she hadn't eaten anything. She longed for a more filling
meal which would quiet her growling belly.
She could scent wolf on the wind and although she was nervous of going
closer to the wolf scent she had to ask them if they might have seen her
father. She would not give up on finding him. Not until she searched every
corner of Wildwood.
So she began trotting towards the wolves. They seemed quite far away
she noted as she scented the wind. It would take a little while to get to them.
Of course she didn't notice the prey items hding from her all around the woods
as the wolf passed through.

A flash of brown fur shot out from just in front of the yearling. Leaves scattered
as the wolfs claws dug into the earth propelling the young wolf forward insitinctually
after the moving object. She didn't even realize that it was a rather large hare that she was
chasing until she lept over a fallen tree still sprinting after it. After a mintue of sprinting
neither animals noticed how close they were to the other wolf scent. Narimé had closed in
on the hare and was just a leap away from it. The two creatures leaped over another fallen
log in clear view of the border. Silence followed as Narimés strong panting filled her ears.
She had pounced on the hare and broke its back easily with her strong jaws.
Then it hit her. The wolf scent she had been following before. It was very strong. While
still panting heavily she picked up her head and her meal looking at her surroundings more
carefully. She couldn't see any wolves around. But the stench of wolf permeated the air.
Was she at a border?

The yearling ducked her head while looking around. Would she get into trouble for
taking a kill so close to a packs border? But she was sure she hadn't crossed it yet.
So it should be fine right? She needed the meal. The large hare would fill her
for at least a day. Quickly the pup began scarfing down her still warm catch.
Hopefully she wouldn't be seen so close to the border,and if a wolf did attack her
she would run away leaving whatever remained of her hare.
(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2012, 03:44 AM by Narimé.)

Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/sibtable1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 315px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; text-align:justify;"> Sibyl darted between the trees and through the undergrowth as if she were hiding from something, her gait an unsteady scamper. Running down her sides were several scabbed over scratches and patches of dried blood and mud, the worst of which was a clotted wound running across her snout, dried blood darkening the normally copper fur of her muzzle a darker tint. Her eyes darted suspiciously over the forest, and every little rustle of leaves or scurrying animal made her flinch. Her expression was that of something pursued, scared, nervous, and ever watchful. It was her run in with the she-wolf Treena which had left her in such a state, where the stormy night of their encounter had escalated into a fear-fueled fight. The tiny wolf wasn’t a fighter and the battle had left her worse for wear. Sibyl had fled from the wood of willows back towards her packlands, where there was at least some semblance of safety.

She was steadily nearing Cedarwood Forest from the south, nervous as she had not yet crossed pack borders where she could depend on some protection from the pack. It was only when the great Cedarwood trees became more and more plentiful, a sign that she was nearing home, that she relaxed slightly. She smelled an off scent, an unknown wolf that did not have whatever made up the signature scent of the Hollow wolves. Sibyl lowered her head and proceeded with caution. The trail was fresh, someone was here very recently, but there was no way of knowing whether they meant any ill will or if they were just lost, or visiting maybe.

Sibyl saw the figure from a distance, hunched over and gobbling down something she couldn’t quite see yet. Her heart galloped faster as her mind played out various scenarios of some aggressive beast which would attack if disturbed from its meal. But, what were they doing here? So close to the border of her pack and eating? Was she obligated to do something about it? Slowly and quietly she made her approach, head held low to the ground as she snuck closer. Finally at a good speaking distance she stopped and scrutinized the stranger. The visitor was pretty big, but from the scent she could tell she was young. She noted the food at her feet, a half finished meal of rabbit. “Hey, hey you,” she addressed the silvery wolf, her voice small and timid.

She tried to look like she had some sort of authority by lifting her head up out of its usual slouch but she could only manage to look unsure and a little scared, her tattered appearance not helping. She hoped the she-wolf would take the wounds as a sign of courage rather than what it really was, a symbol of her weakness. But this time if things went bad she would make sure to run. That was something she was good at. Again she spoke up in her tiny voice, “Miss, are you supposed to be here?”
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was so startled when the other wolf spoke that she coughed
on a piece of her rabbit. She shook her head and swallowed hard bristling
when a sharp bone that she hadn't gnawed enough scratched down her throat.
"Ow.ow.ow.ow.." She sat on her haunches and twisted her head in pain for a few
seconds. Then she looked up at the other wolf. A rusty wolf stood before her watching
the yearling with suspicious eyes. Narimé noted the nervousness in the wolf however,
and decided that the smaller wolf wouldn't purposely try to pick a fight.

Ehah. I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to come so close to your border ma'am." She
dipped her head respectfully. It was only right to be submissive when you were so close
to another packs territory. She had learned this lesson from prior experiences in Wildwood.
"It's just this rabbit happened to run this way. If you want you can trace my and the
rabbits scent back to see how far away we came from your land. I honestly didn't
mean to come this close." She lowered her body still trying to show how non threatening
she was. With a little smile she looked up warmly to the wolf.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/sibtable1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 315px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; text-align:justify;">Sibyl stared as the young wolf coughed on a piece of her meal. She really hoped she didn’t choke to death, and felt a pang of regret for having startled her. She probably shouldn’t have approached so quietly. Sibyl herself hated to be startled. The ash colored female lowered her head and apologized for killing the rabbit, and Sibyl gave a silent nod in return. She would take the apology. After all, Sibyl had spent a hard, lonely year as a wolf without a pack, and she could sympathize with the hungry yearling. There would be no point in even trying to chase her away, since Sibyl had no appetite and the remains of the carcass would just sit and rot. Someone might as well eat it. It perhaps wasn’t in the best interests of the pack to let a loner so close to the border, but Sibyl figured as long as she didn’t go in, it would be fine.

The silvery wolf suggested Sibyl might track her trail to check her story, but Sibyl shook her head. "“No, that’s fine. You might want to be more careful next time, though,” she said in a soft voice. She believed her, and it wasn’t a big deal to her anyways. The lowered stance and warm smile of the grey wolf set Sibyl at ease, but only a little bit. Sibyl gave an uneasy smile in return. “So, where did you come from, anyways?” Sibyl's red snout twitched as she tried to tell where the wolf came from, but it was a confusing mix of unfamiliar things.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was deliberating on whether to pick up her rabbit again and finish it.
At least until the female asked her a question.
"Where I came from?" She flicked her ears behind her pointing in that direction.
"I came from the south basically. I have been traveling around a lot looking for someone."
She dipped her head a little almost ready to take another bite of the rabbit. Then decided
against it. It might be wrong to eat in front of a pack wolf near their border. She
picked her head up again and tried to sit comfortably. But it was hard to with the stranger
so close.

"Yeah I first came here through some really high mountain chain, and a lake
hidden in the mountains, then I
worked my way north through some meadows, a forest of Willow trees,
some wierd Lagoon and now I'm here." She finished leaving out most of the
details including pledging herself to Elettra and her dream of a new pack, and Sloane,
and every other wolf she had met along the way. So far she'd only met one real pack.
The Poison Path pack and three of its members. This wolf in front of her smelled of the woods
and many other wolf smells which said to Nariméthat this wolf was also from a pack. But not
the one she'd met previously. How many packs live in this place I wonder? And whats
their pack name?
She kept herself quiet unwilling to ask the female about her pack.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/sibtable1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 315px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; text-align:justify;">Sibyl watched the girl curiously, reddish ears cupped forward and bronze eyes focused. She mentioned something about looking for someone, and Sibyl was curious who but unsure if it was her place to ask. Perhaps she could help? But she didn't even know the girl's name, after all. Sibyl had expected that she would resume eating, but she didn't. The silvery wolf lowered her head, looking like she was about to take a bite but seemingly decided against it. Instead the wolf fidgeted in discomfort and looked back up to Sibyl. The brown wolf was a little unsure why the girl was so uncomfortable around her, usually it was the other way around. Usually Sibyl was the one made uncomfortable by strange wolves.

The female continued to list off the places she had been, and Sibyl was impressed at how far the young wolf had gone through Relic Lore already. Sibyl didn't have any sort of wanderlust and preferred to stay close to home when she could. Upon entering the Lore, she immediately joined a pack the first chance she got. Unfortunately Sibyl had a habit of getting lost or taking detours she rather wouldn't have. Sibyl looked down to the mangled hare and spoke, "You've been pretty far, miss. You can go ahead and finish your food. You did catch it, after all." She then looked back up to the cloud-hued wolf, then tilted her head and continued, "What's your name? Mine's Sibyl."
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé felt relief once the female said she could eat. Her stomach
roared so loudly that she swore the other female could prbably hear it.
Maybe she did hear it and thats why she's letting me eat. She thought
twitching her tail and dipping her head to take slow bites of her torn up bugs bunny.

Maybe he shoulda turned at albuquerque.

As she finished her meal the female spoke again. Her voice was
more curious than anything else, and Narimé began to relax further
as she stood by her little finished meal.
"Sorry I guess I should have told you my name right from the start.
She ducked her head in embarrassment. Almost always Narimé forgot to
introduce herself to new wolves. She realized that she had done this to every
wolf she met so far in Wildwood. Even Elettra, and every wolf she met had to ask
the yearling for her name. How am I forgetting my manners so much here?

"My name is Narimé Lagina, and it's nice to meet you." She flicked her ear in a "hello"
gesture then sat down on the soft earth.
"Sibyl's a nice name, Close to my Da's." She flinched inwardly thinking about her fathers
name. He almost never used it, but she knew it well. She liked it better than his nickname.
Dad...Sibo. Where are you? She sighed softly andtrying to get the courage to ask Sibyl
Narimé's question about her father.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/sibtable1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 315px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; text-align:justify;">Sibyl was staring as Narime gulped down the rest of her food, then realized it was impolite to stare and looked away. She didn’t know why the food sitting there had bothered her, but she was glad once it was gone. Now she at least didn’t have to worry about one of her pack coming upon the loner with the prey and Sibyl standing by doing nothing, and asking questions. Unless someone looked close enough to see the bits of leftover fur and blood, it just looked like the two had stopped to chat. There was nothing wrong with that, right? Sibyl glanced around cautiously to make sure no one else was nearby. She refocused her attention when the girl began to speak, apologizing for not giving her name immediately and looking rather embarrassed about it.

Sibyl listened as the girl told her what her name was, Narime, and then mentioned how she liked Sibyl’s name due to its similarity to her father’s. Well that was a first, usually Sibyl didn’t receive compliments. “Oh, well thanks. I don’t like my name too much, myself. What’s your dad’s name?” She asked. Narime seemed to be comfortable enough to sit but Sibyl remained standing. She didn’t want to be caught off guard by anything, even if this stranger did seem pretty friendly so far.
(This post was last modified: Jun 28, 2012, 08:10 AM by Sibyl.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
"Oh my father's name was Sibo Lagina." She answered
Sibyl truthfully and kept herself calm and collected. Now that she'd
asked her question to this wolf she knew her father wasn't in this area either.
Now she itched to get going and look for him elsewhere. Plus
Narimé was really far away from where she should be near Drooping
Willows. I wonder if this pack knows anything about Elettra and her goal...
The thought crossed her mind but she decided not to speak about it. Elettra's
howl would soon bring all of her new pack together including Narimé.
It wouldn't be good if other packs knew about us I think. She sighed quietly.

"So what's the name of this pack anyway?" She tried to change the subject from
her father since she didn't really want to talk about him much.
Narimé already knew about the Poison Path Pack but she was curious
to see what other packs lived in the surrounding area. There seemed to be quite
a number of them. She wondered if they got into fights at borders with other packs a lot.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/sibtable1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 315px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; text-align:justify;">"It's called Grizzly Hollow, it's-" Sibyl answered, then stopped herself. She had considered talking a little bit about the pack, the bear den it was named after, all the cedar trees, the pups that should be there when she returned. Sibyl had stopped talking though because while she knew Narime's name and trusted her a little bit, she was after all a loner. Sibyl was stretching the rules far enough by letting her take prey from the border, but also giving a loner information that could be used against the pack would be too much. Sibyl clamped her mouth shut and looked away, hoping to not have to explain her silence.

The dirt covered wound on Sibyl's side was starting to sting and disparately needed to be cleaned out. Her legs were also tired and weak, and most of all she needed a good rest back by the den. She was sure this girl would make no further trouble if Sibyl left. "Well, I need go to back now. You shouldn't stay here much longer. It was nice meeting you, Narime." Sibyl gave her farewell and then hobbled off into Hollow territory.

(ooc: Since this thread is pretty outdated, would you like to make a last post and archive it?)