(See All?) Announcements
486 Users Online
Mouseling, Bing, Google

Through thick and thin... — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 4 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Chantille had done all that she could and Nina was alive. For that he would be eternally grateful to the healer, and indebted to her for the rest of his life. He didn't know what he would have done if his sweet Nina had died. He would have killed her murderer to be sure, but in the process of it all, he would have lost himself. Hate and vengeance did not sit well with him, but when he thought of the other male that was all that he could think about. For Nina's sake, he did the best that he could to not dwell on it. There would be time for that once he had her home, safe with her family. That thought twisted his heart. He should be her family, but he had nothing to offer her. And she needed her pupil's care.

Thoughts of Elettra and her vast healing knowledge came to him, but he wasn't sure what either would feel about meeting the other. They both pulled him in opposite directions. One had his dedication and loyalty, his promise to support her and the other had his heart and soul for life. So, they headed towards Copper Rock Creek and her family there. He felt torn, even now at the thought of leaving her again, especially now. But they did have this time together. For him to be with her and aid her. To show her how much he loved her no matter what, through thick and thin. He would be here for her, somehow, always.

They were now passing through the willows and their gentle branches hung down, almost as if trying to comfort and caress the pair of tortured wolves below them. He was torn by his divided loyalties and she, literally was torn to pieces by another. He winced as he looked at her many lacerations and her broken leg. What he would do if he could take all of the pain from her, even to himself, so that he would not have to see her suffer so. He couldn't even begin to imagine what even their slow pace of travel must cost her. He was constantly by her side, his pelt barely touching her. He was afraid of hurting her more, but he needed to be near for her to lean on. It seemed as if she was taking advantage of his closeness more in the last little bit. He loved having her close, but it spoke of her fatigue.

<b>"Nina, my love, it's time to rest. Let's take shelter beneath these beautiful willows,"</b> he suggested gently, leading her to the base of the nearest tree. He looked up at it and marveled how it could be so beautiful and look so sad at the same time. Then he looked at his Nina and wondered much the same thing. He stretched his pale muzzle forward and licked her cheek, his golden eyes glowing with love for her.
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2012, 01:13 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
She was numb. . .ever since the encounter. The encounter with him.  She had been on edge ever since. Afraid. Very very afraid of what awaited her and her future. She was also sad, sad that her blood brother would hate her enough to want to kill her. What had she done? The reaction she had gotten from him almost suggested that she herself had been a murderer, which she wasn't. She didn't want to go home, not yet. She looked terrible. The scars, the leg, and her eyes. One of them clamped shut and the other filled with pain and sadness. The only thing that helped her hold on was the male next to her. She limped, very weakly, next to him, their pelts pressed together as she struggled to go farther. She was so tired, all she wanted was rest. The more time she got to spend with him the better. He made her feel safe, and the warmth of his pelt was protection. 

She almost seemed to be in a trance. Step, breathe, limp, step, breathe, limp.  She was concentrating extremely hard on the things that should have come naturally to her. But when Koda finally spoke she was lrelieved. A break. . .rest. .finally.  When she got to where he was leading her, his voice reached her ears. Nina, my love, it's time to rest. Let's take shelter beneath these beautiful willows. Those beautiful willows. The things that portrayed what she could have been or much had been. A beautiful wolf she had been. The shape, the eyes, the fur. Now she was bedraggled. She looked like something that had just come out of death's door, which ironically, she had. Now she was just a small wolf, with a broken heart, but one that was healing. 

That was right, Koda was here for her and she loved him. She knew that now, and it wasn't just because he had saved her. But because they were close. She understood him better than others and the way he but aspects into place it just made sense. He was handsome, but that was not how she saw him. His personality was what stood out to her the most. Something, she found, she couldn't ever find here, in Relic Lore. Laying down, finally, she looked up at Koda and his golden eyes. What was he thinking? Did he think that she was just a weakling? Someone who couldn't stand up for herself?

Opening her mouth to speak she said in a broken voice, "Thank you so much, for everything, Koda. You have helped me so much."

She knew she couldn't cry, but she wanted to all so badly. She needed to be strong in front of him, just like she had to be strong in front of everybody else. Picking up her head she nuzzled him. It was an affectionate one but held much weakness to it. Not the determined ones she had shared with her the first time she had met. Before she could get a response from him she lowered her head back to the ground, her one emerald eye watching him carefully. 

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
As she stopped, she seemed so drained that he worried that they had traveled to far in her weakened state. They would stay here for the night, he decided. It wouldn't do to save her and then have her perish from sheer exhaustion. Her words brought him back to the present. <b>"How could I not ? I will always be here for you."</b> He gave voice to the thoughts from earlier. <b>"You are my heart Nina, and I will always come when you need me, I will always know!"</b> His words didn't make sense, but that didn't make them any less true.

She seemed to be peering into his very soul now with her one good eye. The torment that he saw there broke his heart all over again. She was holding something back, some great anguish that went beyond her injuries. Again, he didn't know how he knew this, but he was sure of it. After all that she had been through, she was trying to hold it together for his sake. <i>Silly girl.</i>

Her brief nuzzle had not been enough. He could never get enough of his sweet Nina. He reached out for her again and nudged her gently. <b>"Tell me what troubles you.</b> His voice was tender, but firm. Holding in so much emotional pain had to drain her. She needed all of her strength and right now listening was the only thing that he could do to help her. He would move mountains to make things easier for her.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
 His soft words warmed her heart. She was wanted, but wasn't she wanted by her brother too, yet he had attacked her. But Koda would never do that, he was, well, him. When he reached out to her she froze before relaxing soon after.  This was Koda not Ash. When he nuzzled her she fought a smile. She couldn't smile right now. If she did it would hurt the still healing cut on her eye. The one that sealed her fate on if she would ever see out of that eye again or not. She to even reached out for him. She wanted him by her side pressed close against her so she could fear nothing. To know that she was safe.  When he spoke it almost seemed like a command to her, so she complied. 

Opening her mouth to speak she said in a pained voice, "Koda, my own brother tried to kill me. He was the only family, blood family, that I had left. And he wanted me dead. I-if he found out about me living, still, even not healthy he would want to kill me. I don't want to die, not yet. I have found out so many things in the past few days and I don't want to lose everything just because of him."

By the end of her sort speech she was in tears. They were stroking her own face. She even bit back on her tongue to keep the strangled sobs from emitting from her mouth. She had opened up to him, shared her thoughts with him, and cried. But the whimpers and whines that threatened to escape her, those she would not release. She never had to anyone. The last time she had cried. . .the last time she had cried. . .how terrible! She couldn't even remember. 

He wouldn't leave her though, as he had mentioned. She loved him and he returned brotherly feelings towards her, which was enough. Enough to fill her soul with delight. He was here for her and he wasn't leaving anytime soon. The tears she was shedding was making it harder and harder for her to see him. Where was he? But she knew. . .she knew he was there, always there for her. She couldn't lie to him because she knew he would be able to see right through her. 

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
He waited patiently for her reply. He knew that it wouldn't be easy for her to let out whatever it was. It was infecting her like an illness though, and he meant to <span class='word'>divulse</span> her of it one way or another. Gently, of course, but she could not go on carrying it inside of her. He was not prepared for her next words though. <i>"Koda, my own brother tried to kill me."</i> His jaw literally dropped for a moment and his eyes went wide with disbelief. That demon had been his sweet Nina's <i>brother?</i> He closed his mouth with an audible click and he burrowed his head in her neck once more. What was she going through that her own blood wanted her dead? It was clear that she was terrified for her life, but it had to be killing her slowly that it was her own brother that wanted her gone. <i>Why?</i> He didn't understand what she could have done to merit such hate.

He just comforted her with his nearness for a long moment. Then he drew back and his dark honey eyes searched hers before he asked out loud, <b>"But why would your brother want to hurt you?"</b> Although he asked the question, in the back of his mind the answer had little merit. He had tried to kill Nina, and very nearly succeeded. He would pay for that, regardless of the reason.

Koda could fairly feel her trembling with her pain and terror. He moved closer to her, touching pelts and sharing his warmth and love with her. She had to know how he felt about her. He had not kept it a secret. Once more, he wished that he had something to offer her now. Then he could whisk her away with him and keep her safe by his side for all time. Inwardly, he cursed bad timing. If he was already a part of a thriving and established pack, he would ask her to come away with him. He knew she would not abandon her post as healer though. Her loyalty was one of the things that he loved about her most though and he would not change a thing about her. He loved her just the way she was, regardless of what anyone thought.

Her tears were nearly his undoing. <b>"Nina, my love, I will not let him harm you ever again."</b> His words and tone were sweet and comforting for the fae that held his heart in her pretty little paw, but there was and underlying promise in them to himself. He would make sure that he did not lie to his love. Her brother would pay for what he had done.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The way he spoke to her and the gentle care that he was assuring her made her fall. The sobs erupted from her body as soon as he spoke. She didn't even know. She hadn't even known she had a brother, how could she have known what she had done to offend him. She had met him officially once and he seemed nice enough, defending Treena. The tears still came though, running down her face and her body started to shake more. The more she sobbed the more she couldn't think. Her medical knowledge and logical thinking went out the window. When she felt him press against her she buried her face over his paws and into his chest. She needed to answer him. But his next words broke her heart even more.  He would protect her from him, she would no longe have to live in fear. 

Soon enough she whimpered, "I don't know. I didn't even know I had a brother until he told me himself," she paused slightly before continuing, "I'm so scared Koda. I can still feel the blood and see his wicked smile. I don't like it."

She hadn't used the word because truth be it. She didn't hate anyone. She never had and she never would. She didn't even like the word. . .hate, it just wasn't something she liked. She didn't know how he could stand there now though, claiming that she was "his love." She was a terrible soul in it all from others point of views and she couldnt believe it. But he was here, with her. 

Tilting her head up she looked into his golden eyes, opened her mouth, and spoke in a strong voice, "I love you."

The words were short and simple but they surprised her. She had never thought she could admit that to someone and soon, fear crept its way back into her good eye. Ducking her head in pure embarrassment her sobs ceased. What is he would divulse from her? She didn't want him to leave. Her eye darted to look at anything but him for she feared he wouldn't take the news particularly well. 

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
The large male was at a loss with his love's pain and confusion. When she burrowed her head into his chest, he gently laid his large head over hers, comforting her the only way he could right now. She had just learned that she had a brother, only to have him promptly try kill her. He couldn't even begin to fathom what she must be going through, emotionally, no less physically.

Then she looked up at him with her beautiful emerald eye and said, <i>"I love you."</i> Her voice was filled with certainty, but soon fear crept back into her and she ducked her head away, glancing everywhere but at him. His heart leaped in his chest with her words and the joy that washed over him nearly overwhelmed him. His throat went tight with emotion and he couldn't even try to speak for a moment. When he did, it was with his golden eyes dark and moist, ready to spill tears of joy.

A tiny smile crossed his face at her unneeded worries. He touched her muzzle with his to still her and get her to look at him. He bathed her face with affection, washing away her salty tears. <b>"Nina, my sweet Nina. I love you too! To the ends of the earth.</b> There was not a hint of doubt in his words, only heartfelt conviction.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
 Her heart started to beat rapidly as she listened to Koda's words and she was pretty sure she heard Koda's own heartbeat. It was steady and strong yet fast, as of he was nervous. Nervous about turning her down and seeing how she took it? But then she felt her head being tilted up. She knew she couldn't do anything to stop the affection she was feeling. But his next words stopped her heart beat- for about a second- before returning to normal. He had just said he loved her. And she wasn't going to ruin it by answering a simple question. Instead having enough sense to not say anything yet she nuzzled him, pushing her head into his chest and inhaling his scent. 

He was hers and no one else's. Technically speaking of course. She then set down her head, comforted by the fact that he was near her. She was so so tired, yet the sun had barely started setting yet. Knowing it would hurt but doing it anyway she turned over on her back and looked up at him, her emerald eye sparkling.  She pawed at his muzzle slightly smiling up at him. Only the smile wasn't as nice as she would have wished but it was a small enough smile to be a smile. She tilted her head at him, wandering what he could possibly be thinking. 

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Now it was Koda's turn to wait nervously. Even though she had said the words first, he was still anxious about her reaction to his statement. He really didn't know why, as what they had between them had been easy and natural from the start. They had shown their feelings for one another long before voicing them out loud. Now that they had been spoken, the heartfelt emotion in the air could be sliced with a knife.

When she finally burrowed into his chest and breathed deeply of his scent, he did the same with hers, inhaling deeply of the essence that was Nina. If filled his nostrils and swirled around, deeply imprinting itself in his brain once more. Then she surprised him by rolling over and pawing at him, almost with the playfulness of a pup. Her tiny smile and antics brought forth a beaming smile from the large wolf. He lifted one creamy paw and gently batted at hers, careful not to jar her abused body. The last thing he wanted to do was cause her more pain. Their playful antics somehow seemed to cement their heartfelt words of moments before.

After a few short moments, Koda too rolled on his back facing opposite of his beautiful fae. Their heads were now next to one another's and he nuzzled her neck gently as their cheek fur mixed together, cream and shining golden brown blending beautifully. If it wasn't for the fact that he knew his love was still in great pain, he would wish this moment to stretch on forever.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
No other words had to be said to show what they were feeling. The fact that they were here together- right now- was enough to make her happy. He was perfection. . .the only thing that made her world right at the moment. He was treating her with utmost kindness through the time that they spend together. He too pawed at her muzzle and soon enough was on his back next to her. She wanted to get closer to him. . .yet she knew that would be impossible at the moment. The pain she was feeling was too unbearable and the fact that she couldn’t be closer to him hurt her even more. But she knew that she couldn’t always be able to have what she wanted. And then the question she had been dreading escaped her mouth.

Opening her mouth, hesitant words splayed from them, "How am I going to see you? You aren‘t going to join, Copper Rock Creek. . ."

She wished she could have enjoyed the silence for awhile longer. . .but she wouldn’t. The question she was asking had to be answered, and soon. She couldn’t just sit back and say nothing. After a few moments of silence she lay her head on his chest, her emerald eye searching his golden eyes for any form of an answer. What would they do? S he didn’t even know, but the thought wounded her. She knew she would have Kashikoi and Pakuna. But he wouldn’t be with her. He would be away, doing what lone wolves usually do. Sadness peaked its way into Nina’s head, but she pushed it away, focusing mainly on Koda.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »