(See All?) Announcements
493 Users Online
Bing, Google

i isolate my heart — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>Her rhetorical musing about how Angier's respect for Elettra had lingered and grown since she had left the Hollow barely fazed the large male. Though, when she asked as to why he openly vowed to offer his assistance, he flinched out of habit. <i>Twitched</i>, really... but he recollected himself and averted his gaze. The ball had landed in her court now and he felt utterly compelled to give her an honest answer. Elettra had <i>believed</i> him - whether in truth where Borden was still the tyrant he had been in his younger years, or in gullibility in which his words had persuaded her to believe his brother was unruly and careless. It had ultimately gone to the extreme to where she admitted he had been <i>right.</i>

<b>"She believed me,"</b> he replied truthfully. <b>"When no one bothered to hear me out, she... <i>listened</i>... Heeded my very words."</b> The corners of his mouth lifted again, apparently and genuinely touched by the memories of the two encounters he had had with her. <b>"She trusted me."</b> He looked into her eyes and attempted to read them. <b>"She took my advice and it helped her <i>move on</i>... Had I not been tied to my current pack, I would have followed her myself... to the ends of the earth. Debts, however, don't pay themselves."</b>

Once more his gaze fell onto the lifeless hare, debating for a second whether he ought to present it and gift it to someone or to stow it away for a rainy day, just one more deed to guarantee that his gratitude toward Indru was fully taken into account. Then, without warning, something clicked at the back corners of his head. He sniffed, <b>"Though, to be honest, I'll admit... I <i>loved her</i> once. <i>That's why.</i>"</b></blockquote>

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Ver who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remy Geddes
( One million apologies :( )
<blockquote>His initial reaction caught her by surprise and, of typical Remy behavior, but the large female on guard. Her diluted stare narrowed as she kept it fixed on Angier, wondering what sort of emotion garnered such an unbecoming twitch. As he went on, she still could not grasp what he was getting at. Did he admire her? Owe her something he was trying to turn around? Remy certainly held the woman on a pedestal but she would never react with such ferocity at the question of her loyalty. The story seemed to form some sort of religious content, believe, heed, trust, as though the woman was his source of faith. Of course, that was unlikely, because his fur reeked of a river and a bunch of other wolves, meaning his pack was not her's and therefore he couldn't follow Elettra <i>that</i> fervently. Yet as he continued, housing a small smile on his face and within his golden stare, he turned the tables. He helped... <i>her</i> move on? For what reason?

Remy was certain she had exhausted all her options for why he could have possibly done it when quite brusquely Angier attempted to prepare her for it, and then dropped the word without a drop of dishonesty in his voice. <i>I loved her once</i>. Oh, <i>geeze</i>. This had become sufficiently awkward. Remy had no need for love; love was for the weak. The only love she knew was devotion and it was far from the lustful sort. Her pale gaze reflected her aversion for such an emotion, yet she said nothing snarky or snappy in response to his brutal display of humanity. She could appreciate a wolf who showed his true character, even if it was the same one who enjoyed having a slippery tongue.

The history between her leader and this strange man was unconvered territory that, frankly, Remy did not intend to delve in to. "<b>Fair enough,</b>" she responded after a quiet moment of contemplation. Even if she had no knowledge of how it worked, the large female would accept it as a source for his loyalty. "<b>I suppose I shall inform her of your intentions, then, if you do or did once feel so strongly.</b>" Almost haughtily she lifted her nose in the air and added, "<b>The debt does not disappear even if I do find you even vaguely agreeable now.</b>"</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote><i>"Fair enough,"</i> she finally replied and the Lyall glanced back at the ground. <i>"I suppose I shall inform her of your intentions, then, if you do or did once feel so strongly."</i> His tail swayed from one side to another behind him. <i>"The debt does not disappear even if I do find you even vaguely agreeable now."</i> His eyes flickered to her and he nodded again, even if she continued to harness her pompous attitude, <b>"Of course."</b>

Slowly he inched closer to her, presuming and hoping it was appropriate and acceptable to claim the 'gift' Remy had offered him. He cautiously took the still-limp hare into his jowls, his eyes flickering to her before averting once more as he withdrew from her bubble of personal space. <b>"<i>Hank 'ou,</i>"</b> the words came out muffled but he conveyed his genuine gratitude with a few wags of his bottle-bush tail. Setting the rabbit down briefly as she had earlier, he dipped his muzzle, <b>"Please, inform her. Tell her I said 'hi...' and I will not forget. I patrol about this area every few days. Just... <i>howl</i> if you need me."</b>

A part of Angier's soul vibrated with delight as he turned to make his leave, almost hastily departing from the scene that had become his exchange with Remy Geddes, <i>Elettra's devoted follower</i>. Even as he arrived to the boundaries that made up the home of the Swift River wolves, he chuckled to himself when Remy's catch was safely cached away. He kicked the last bits of earth over the hole he had refurbished and filled but, instead of resuming his list of tasks he opted to travel away from the borders of the pack territory with a rather unbecoming smirk plastered once more upon his face.</blockquote>

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)