(See All?) Announcements
422 Users Online
Google, Eclypse, Bing

A New World — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 32 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

Having been kept in the den.. Calla was quite happy to stay there. She wasn't exactly the most boisterous of her siblings, as she had discovered during their time cooped together within the den.. It was warm, it was dark -and usually had plenty of room..unless her brothers or sister stabbed their paw or nose into her eye. Then it became far too cramped for her liking. Calla shifted as she roused from sleep, sneezing before a yawn parted her jaws, tiny milkteeth flashing in the sunlight as she blinked blearily around. The dark shadows of the den didn't bother her - and she could make out the forms of her family without a single problem. Calla moved, nosing towards the nearest lump - one of her brothers...or her sister no doubt and began to attempt tugging on the nearest appendage she could try to get her puppy teeth on.

With the sounds outside having roused her from sleep.. she was bored and seeking someone to entertain her.. At least until mother came back to give them a meal so she could sleep with a full, rounded belly once again. Calla grunted as she squirmed closer to the unfortunate sibling she'd chosen as her target of play this morning. Paws were far too large for her, but she still fought to get closer.. perhaps to crawl on TOP of the puppy that was closest to her. Come on!... Get up... play with me! Mother had made it quite clear that they were not to leave the den - or venture too close to the opening that she oftentimes slipped in and out of.. And slightly timid and worried at the new things and strange sounds the outside world brought, Calla wasn't about to do that to release her boredom..Siblings it was!

Table by Katsuma
(This post was last modified: Jun 18, 2012, 05:10 PM by Calla.)
user posted image
Played by Grey who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
<blockquote>Taima had spent the last half hour plotting about how she would escape the old bear den. Being sandwiched between her sleeping siblings, however, quickly diminished any inkling she had conjured. Her tail was trapped beneath one of her brother's hind limbs and Calla or Ryvet (whoever this was sleeping beside her now), she was certain, might wake up and tattle on her. She slowly closed her eyes after sighing deeply. Come to think of it... all her <i>thinking</i> had worn her out.

Her head nodded to the side and she comfortably rested her temple against her forearm. She had just about reentered a slumbering state when she felt someone or something clamp their jowls around one of her feet. Attempting to withdraw her limb from her sibling's reach, the girl let out a small whine, keeping her eyes closed. Maybe Mom would stop them from bothering her further. One of her dark rimmed ears twitched as she heard her sister fuss about beside her. She didn't even dare to open her eyes until she felt the pest start to clamber <i>on top</i> of her. Her eyes widened as soon as she opened them and her ears perked up as her mind became alert once more. A light growl slid between her teeth as she curled her upper lip and lifted her head to face the ball of white fluff that was obviously just begging for her attention.

Facing Calla's side, the girl lightly nudged her nose to her sister's elbow. Two shrill yips briefly opened her jowls as she looked at the being that disturbed her rest. For a second, she quieted, anticipating Calla's next move or a verbal reprimanding from the parent or guardian who was possibly watching the den's entrance form the outside.</blockquote>
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

Calla ignored the growl that slipped from her sisters lips as she continued to clamber over Taima's side, trying to reach her ear so she could pull on it. .. at least until her larger sister moved, dislodging her and sending her tumbling back to the floor of the den with a startled squeak. Calla shifted to get her feet under her before she yapped, her fuzzy, chubby backside wiggling before she pounced towards Taima, trying to engage her elder sibling in a game.

The young pup didn't care that she was possibly waking up her other siblings.. That was more fun! AFter all..more to play with her, more fun was to be had. The youth tried to tug on her siblings ear, or some of her fur - even better..her tail! She did look towards the dens entrance, wondering if an adult would intrude and ruin their playtime.

Table by Katsuma
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
<blockquote>Nothing and no one seemed to even mind that Taima was being bothered by her <span class='word'>makebate</span> of a sister. But, rather than being upset, the hankering to play and test out her limbs and senses took over. Her eyes searched the darkness for what Calla's attention had snagged on. Her black-tipped tail lifted off the den floor in her sister's mouth, and the dark-pelted girl was quick to return the deed. Or, at least, try to... Crawling forward on her elbows, she arched around and opened her jowls, grasping at the air, unable to get a hold of Calla's wispy, ashen tail.

A rather frustrated growl vibrated in Taima's throat but it quieted as she rolled over and tried to wriggle away (for the sake of keeping their brothers out of their one-on-one squabble), tucking her large paws close to her chest as her sister briefly looked toward the den entrance. Any interference at this point would probably render Taima slightly more adamant or aggressive. Even for a play-fight such as this one and possibly the next... Calla might have briefly won this little dominance fight and made Taima give in to her desires to play, but the masked girl was not about ready to give up. Again, she patiently waited for Calla's next move and an opportunity to make a sportive strike of her own, raising a tawny paw just slightly in preparation to bat at her younger sister - be it her leathery nose, pale face, shoulder, ears, or whatever managed to be within reach.</blockquote>
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

The bat smacked her square in the face and Calla bared her tiny fangs with a playful growl before she shook her head. With enough force to send her stumbling backwards on her hind end, ears folding every which way as she sneezed. Puppy blue eyes opened, staring at her sister as she lifted her muzzle and yapped, bouncing towards Taima, small fluffy tail wiggling over her back excitedly. Play!! Of course.. After she attempted to barrel into her sister, she then tried to run - or rather.. stumble away.. Which took her towards the exit of the den.. There was more room to play out there after all, right?

Table by Katsuma
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
<blockquote>Calla growled and her sister basically grinned, all of her sharp ivory teeth showing between her ebony lips. Ha! Well... <i>almost</i>. As soon as the ivory girl had regained her bearings, she was back at it and Taima had to brace herself. She gathered her large paws to her chest and closed her eyes... then... BAM! Calla's yap filled the spacious den before she charged into her sibling's ribcage and tottered away from her reach.

Rolling over onto her side, Taima yipped back at her. Once she had gathered her limbs underneath her she eagerly followed. Today, the girls would be the ones out on an adventure... Chasing after her sibling just a few wobbly steps behind, she, too, began to climb up the gentle slope that led up to the surface above. She was not sure about whether or not Mom or Dad or any of the pack would be there, but she was willing to take the chance to play out in the open. Going out only meant that they would be away from the boys, able to enjoy the sunlight, and, most importantly, have more room to play!</blockquote>
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

Bungling towards the open mouth of the den, Calla was more than happy to make it outside.. although.. the bright sunlight made her stop and stand uncertainly.. wobbling slightly on chubby legs. Her pointed tail was up, waving around animatedly enough to knock her over as she adjusted to the bright lights. It took a few minutes, but she eventually opened puppy blue eyes... and looked up, only to sneeze at the different smells.. and stare around. Play forgotten for a few moments in lieu of the awe that standing outside was. And a little fear.

Calla got to her feet and took a few tentative steps away from the mouth of the den, turning over her shoulder to see if her sister was following.. before she stuck her nose in the dirt and sniffed it. Momma's smell was here.. and papa's.. But there were others to. Were they older brothers and sisters?

Table by Katsuma
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
<blockquote>Following on Calla's heels, Taima scrambled up the tunnel, running right into her sister's backside. She stumbled back onto her rump with a soft <i>'oof!'</i> and fluttered her eyes, blinded by the sudden amount of sunlight all around her. Calla sneezed, and Taima's head tilted before she, too, let out a muffled <i>'chooo'</i> from her half-closed muzzle. Everything seemed to hit her at once - the aroma of sun-warmed earth, the fresh grass, the cedar and fir greenery, the distant scent of the creek... all mingled with the familiar scent of her family. She watched as her sibling found her bearings and started to explore, stepping forth only after she made sure Taima was close by.

Her brow wrinkled. It seemed as if Calla had discovered something... The girl followed suit and lowered her nose to the forest floor. Instantly scents she recognized surfaced in her mind. Mom had been her... and Dad had been here... along with... <i>others</i> who seemed to be harboring the scent of Cedarwood Forest. She looked to Calla curiously, asking now what she had found to confirm they were on the same page, <b>"Whozat? <i>Mum-um</i>?"</b></blockquote>