569 Users Online
Bing, Google, Mouseling, Adora, Flair

Passing Through — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
<b>(The order right now is: Sloane, Shadowstorm, Ruiko, Nina, Kashi)</b>

Shadowstorm padded around the forest, the volant leaves rocking back and forth on the trees. The wind whistling slightly. <i>It's peaceful here.</i> is all she could think, they only thing her mind would allow to be thought for a few moments. <i> But peace can never last.</i> The words burned into her like an inferno of truth. She had to eat, hunger made her stomach growl with anger and she couldn't stand it anymore.

Shadowstorm lifted her head and breathed in deeply. Her foot was twisted and it stung badly. But she scented something as the scents hit the roof of her mouth. <i>Rabbit?</i> She thought, crouching slightly looking for the area of the delicious scent. <i>Where are you now?</i> She wondered seconds before seeing the rabbit. She silently stalked it. Barely making a move. She was nervous, extremely, like a murder at his trial. She knew catching this rabbit could be the difference between life and death. She was petrified.

She silently leapt at the rabbit, she was lithe and slender so it was easier. She landed on the rabbit and held it down. She thanked the wolf spirits for her catch and pressed down on it's neck until it was dead. She started to savor the mouthfuls of rabbit. The rabbit was juicy, fresh, and delicious. She took a huge gulp and savored the flavor some more, knowing that she didn't know when she would eat next. She finished the rabbit swiftly and was still hungry. <i>Hunger, but alive.</i> She thought, continuing forward.
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2012, 04:18 PM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Border runs at been important since her own attack and the pup’s births. Many had an untold agreement to protect the pups at all costs and she too had made an unspoken oath to her pack mates to protect them all at all costs. Most did not understand the true meanings of family. . .blood related or not. Too many things had been happening in the little place she had called home, but most of them welcoming. She had friends, a family, a mate. . .anything she could have asked for. She was once again happy with her life. Nothing could bring Nina Hervok down again.

Her tail was even wagging slightly behind her, the pain that she had been feeling throughout the days vanished. She could now walk steadily on her paws without any pain in her back leg. Though her eye had been permanently damaged she remained happy. She had recently met the new recruit, Sloane, and had been happy in knowing that she could trust the young male. He was, in fact, respectable enough. Through her time in this land she couldn’t have thought of any time she had been happier.

Her patrol continued effortlessly until the end. It was when she caught the scent of a loner near the borders. Another wolf. . .female. Her one emerald eye gleamed in worry. If this wolf was over her borders she would have to chase her out. . .but if she wasn’t. . .she just hoped Volkan wouldn’t get to her first. Her, now Second, old friend had done something extremely unacceptable,, demanding a loners food and the loner hadn’t even been close enough to the borders. It turned out soon enough that this wolf had ended up being Nina’s mate in the end of it all. Leaving Nina in anger with the female.

Now as she made her way over to the scent she spotted a female. The loner. The female had a black fur, with eyes that were undetermined at the moment. The seemed quite older than Nina at first glance but she couldn’t be certain yet. Rolling her shoulders back and raising her head she confidently walked forward. She would keep her conversation with this female regular, friendly if possible, warning her that she was too close to the borders.

Opening her mouth, she spoke in a kind voice, "You might want to finish that before my pack mates get here. I‘m sure there are a few nearby. You are quite close to the borders."

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
Shadowstorm turned around startled, nearly jumping out of her pelt, by the wolf's timing and presence near her. <b>"Who are you?"</b> She snarled, unable to hide the shock and surprise of the females presence. <b>"Where did you come from?"</b> She questioned again. She was in trouble, she could feel it. <i>How could I be so stupid as to not check for other wolves in the area?</i> She thought over and over again, she scented the air, No other wolves near by that she could tell of. <i>Is she lying then? Is she in a pack? Or is she alone. Like me, I don't want to be alone.</i>

She stood there, reflecting on her chances of surviving here while she waited for an answer. <i>She's bigger then me, most likely slower too. I could probably knock her off balance and go for her neck and chest if she threatened me.</i> She observed. <i>But if this is not true, I've lived a good life, a lonely life yes, but a good one. I survived for 6 years, but that's good without a pack right?</i> She stood, waiting, ready for death. She pondered where she would go when she died. <i>Will I see the spirits of my brother, or my parents? Will they welcome me with open arms? Or will they look down on me, full of shame for losing the fight for my life? Is this wolf even a threat to me?</i>

She scented again, just in case there were other wolves around like the mysterious she-wolf in front of her. She caught a brief scent, probably nothing, but she couldn't tell. Like it was masked. Maybe a rabbit, or a piece of prey. But she tensed up and prepared for the worst, just in case she was to meet her family again today.
(This post was last modified: Jun 19, 2012, 12:00 AM by Shadowstorm.)

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane was still getting to know the territory of his new pack. The easiest way was to do border patrols as he could easily pick of the scent and follow the invisible line with no trouble. No longer a loner, since meeting Aeylen and being accepted into the pack he took it upon himself to mark the territory as he went. It was a strange feeling indeed strengthening the borders of a pack rather than skirting around them to avoid trouble. The sense of rightness as his large paws moved over the ground with nearly silent and <span class='word'>volant</span> grace, especially for such a large specimen, settled comfortably on his russet shoulders.

As of yet, he had only met one of the other pack wolves, a lovely fae by the name of Nina. He looked forward to meeting the others and the pups that would soon be out and about, but at least his first encounter with a pack mate had gone smoothly. Unless he was badly mistaken, he and Nina would become fast friends in time. She was kind and honorable, traits that he greatly admired and lived by. His bushy tail wagged as he caught her scent on the breeze, telling him that she was quite close indeed. He decided to seek her out and perhaps they could chat a bit more.

As he neared her location, her distinct scent grew stronger and was joined by another. That of a fae. He wasn't sure if it was another pack mate or not, but it lacked the distinct markers of Copper Rock Creek. Even after such a short time the land had put it's mark on him. Between that and the subtle scent of the Leadess, Aeylen, that clung to him from his first meeting with her, he was clearly marked as belonging here. The mystery wolf was not.

Memories of her many healing scars from an attack came to his mind in a flash and he quickened his steps to reach her, worried that there might be trouble. He would not let any harm come to the little healer. She was his friend and his pack mate now and as such, she was under his very capable protection. When he was nearly upon them he heard a strange voice snarling questions, presumably at Nina.

He exited the woods at a brisk pace, hackles raised to full height, giving the oversized male a truly imposing appearance. His bright amber eyes flashed at the the tiny black fae, flicked toward Nina to assure himself that she was unharmed and then back to the stranger. He moved to stand tall next to the smaller brown wolf, head and tail high in a show of confidence. His voice was deep and smooth as he pointed out, <b>"I believe that those questions should rightly be directed at you. You are dangerously close to the borders and that is not wise with pups on the ground,"</b> he pointed out logically.
Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The brown fae's emerald eye watched the loner, kindness being overextended to this female. She was no threat to the older woman. The lady in front of her was as much as a threat to her pack mates and herself. Considering the circumstances that her pack mates were under, try had received four new mouths to feed, one of them being a full grown wolf. Aeylen would have needed the food but unlike her old friend, Volkan, she had enough sense to leave the female be. The woman reminded her of an ill being. One that had been tainted of many years of loneliness. But unexpectedly, the torment started to unfold. The female in front of her started yelling. Panic gripped at the young girl's heart as she kept a straight face through it all. Through the speech her stance then went from being quite neutral to dominant. She was asking her foolish questions on her own packs boundaries. How dare she!

Her own thoughts were spoken out loud by one or her pack mates, one of whoms scent and voice classified as Sloane's. The male was one of respect and she honored him greatly as her family. She was briefly reminded of a time when they had met and he had commented about protecting others females. And it seemed that was what he would be doing soon enough. Glad that she had a source of comfort by her side she butted him lightly on the shoulder with her muzzle before tearing her piercing gaze back to the stranger. What Sloane had mentioned was absolutely true, with pups already born this loner had taken quite the risk coming out hear by herself. 

The girl was small though. Not that she hadn't expected it. But with a narrowed eye she detected something odd in the way she was standing. Was it the slight tip of weight to one side? It reminded her briefly of how she had stood during her injuries with. . .oh! There it was. The slight twisted paw. It wasn't completely obvious to a blind eyes, but she had healer's hawk eyes an with two eyes she might have even been able to spot it quicker. She could help with that. .just a few simple herbs. 

Her own thoughts were spoken out loud before she could track them, "I could help the recovery to your paw."

The scary part about Nina's voice was that it sounded like she was simply stating the weather. She didn't even seem to notice she had spoken out loud. Her gaze became momentarily fixated on the woman's paw. Webs to wrap. Poppy seeds for pain.  Dertoct to fight infection. The things she needed instantly popped in her head. She wasnt quite sure if she needed the dertoct yet but if she did, she would be ready to go get it. She wasn't sure what kind of case this was, but before long she decided to drag her gaze up and fix her eye on Sloane's large figure. 

Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
Shadowstorm saw the wolf she had picked up the foul scent of earlier, <b>"So, this is a bit strange, 2 wolves, bigger then me, cornering me and threatening me for my life even though 1 of you could easily take me out? Disgraceful to the wolf spirits. Then one other says I have a bad paw?"</b> she taunted. carefully not to step out of place. Distract them and run, the new comer can't run as fast as me for sure, he's to big. The other wolf may not be as fast as me, run inland and hide. Once there, find some prey and camp out for the night. She thought, excellent, I have a plan, not to set the first brick in motion.

"If I were a NOBLE wolf, I would have just fought one on one, but that must not be how it is now-a-days. Yes, I remember before you two were even born, nice one on one fights for territory. Those were the good days. But those days are over now, so if you don't mind, leave me be. She said, sneering the last part to emphasize it. Pups though? She thought, best avoid the birthing den then. He leaves whistled a warning of danger like they knew everything. The wind felt soft, but it was cold. What am I doing here still? She asked herself, but she still felt petrified, not wanting to move. How volant are these wolves? She wondered, getting ready to run, to put up a chase. To win.

<b>"Listen, just leave me be and I'll leave you alone."</b> she offered in a fake, kind voice. She was evil, some would say, she liked to manipulate kindness. She has ever since someone used it to kill her family, if that wolf hadn't showed up, she'd be with her family again today. <i>Why can't I run, why am I still here? Why am I manipulating this wolf?</i> She wondered, but the urge to stay and manipulate was stronger then her will power. Her paw ached and she wondered how this wolf knew her secret. No one had noticed before, it should stay that way. The twist was ever so slightest.

Then it hit her, <i>I'm leaning to one side slightly,</i> she discovered, adjusting her weight, putting more on her injured paw. <i> Now try and offer me help? I can take care of myself. I'm volant, I'm slender, and I'm alone. It will stay like that.</i> She was about to do something she'd never done before, <b>Who are you guys any way? I mean, I'm just passing through and you come up and threaten me! What kind of wolf does that? Seriously!"</b> She hoped her ploy worked. She was manipulating them, but do they realize it?

As she waited for a response all she thought was, <i>if they attack, lunge out of teh way and run. Always run, move in land. Don't stop running, they will catch you. Hide, stay away from the birthing den. Stay away from other pack members lurking around and be careful. Be sneaky, hide and be the shadows. Be like your father.</i>
(This post was last modified: Jun 19, 2012, 05:26 AM by Shadowstorm.)

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Nina greeted him with a small butt to his shoulder, seeming pleased to have his presence and support. Again, it was novel to be working together, but slowly the feeling of ease seemed to be growing. Their newly formed friendship was a great boon and he didn't like the way the this snippet of a wolf was talking to her. To them, now that he stood by her side. She had some nerve, trying to turn the tables and make it seem as if they were in the wrong for defending their own territory.

Sloane couldn't begin to fathom the logic of her thinking, but that was besides the point. She was too close to Copper Rock Creek land and she needed to make her exit and quickly. Now that he had a purpose he would fulfill it and leave no doubt as to the strength of his new family. He snorted at her mixed up logic and took one step forward, fur bristling, and putting Nina slightly behind him should the black female choose to attack. His amber eyes blazed at her as he gave voice to the clear message his body was sending out. <b>"We have not threatened you, as of yet, but have no doubt that you will regret it if you do not head far from this territory, immediately."</b> Now his words were hard and held the promise to carry out his duty if needed. He did not want to attack her, but he would not hesitate to do so to protect the pups that were nestled in a cozy den somewhere nearby.
Knight of Honor
Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
Kashi had been patrolling the borders around the secluded spring to keep the borders secure. This job as soon disturbed as a female's scent came over the air. Among the scents he could also pick up Nina's scent and some male who was in the pack but he had yet to meet. Curious who they were Kashi made all haste to the border where Nina's form came into view. As he walked up the the group slowing his pace to a walk the black female came into view. The lone wolf was of comparable size to the young brown wolf but small all the same. He looked over to the male and Nina with an air of dominance he looked over at them <b>"It's good to see you again Nina, and I don't believe we have met, I'm Kashikoi"</b> With this quick introduction to his pack mates passed he turned his head to the female. <b>"If I'm right my pack mates have told you that you are awfully close to Copper Rock Creek territory."</b> After saying this he would wait for a reply from the female.

OOC: before the fight with Ash because I don't know what kashi's injuries will be
(This post was last modified: Jun 19, 2012, 06:37 AM by Kashikoi.)
With death comes life and with life comes hope.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Her own offer was soon refused with a snarl. Almost immediately Nina’s ears flattened on her head. This wolf was not welcomed here, she had attempted to approach the girl with kindness only to be snarled at and rudely talked back to. This wolf thought that she was being unfair and not noble. Was this wolf too old to comprehend right and wrong? She had met no wolf here dying to cross the boundaries of back territory. Perhaps this wolf had no sense of smell.

Opening her mouth briefly she spoke, "You‘re lying."

Her voice was simple but plain stating a simple fact. The twist was obvious to her now, something that couldn’t be easy. Even though she said she could run it was quite obvious that she would have some trouble. If her paw truly did hurt then running would not be an easy task. After talking briefly and Sloane stepping in front of her, she smiled slightly. Her friend was being protective of her, something that didn’t shock her.

Though soon after Kashikoi, the second of the pack, showed up. His dominance was obvious to her and she immediately bowed her head and lowered her tail slightly. Her eyes were patient and calm, leaving her slightly irked. Kashikoi was here and was going to make everything calmer. HE was going to make this female leave.

Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
<b>"Excuse me? I don't lie, and you should know, I can probably out run you all so don't even think about attacking me. I have a slightly twisted paw, yes, but not enough to hurt me. So stay out of my personal life."</b> she growled, then she noticed a third wolf, <b>"So you bring in a third wolf? What kind of wolves are you out numbering me three to one?"</b> She was teasing them, irritation them, but in her PENSÉE she was plotting her death, her plan, that in the end, might save her life.

<b>"So now that I've told you guys whats up, I guess you going to try to prove me wrong, your going to try to kill me even though I plan to stay far away from the birthing den you speak of."</b> She said, messing with them. A sarcastic and sly smile on her withered face. She was hungry, no doubt she showed it, but she would stand her ground against these wolves if it's the last thing she did. <i>Brother, help me now. Father, Mother, please.</i> was her only PENSÉE at the moment. She waited, and waited, and waited for the right moment to run. She could sense it, it was not the right time to run. It was almost as if her family's spirits held her down to the cold, hard, earth.

user posted image

user posted image
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »