(See All?) Announcements
785 Users Online
Bing

How Many Times Has it Been? — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">When he agreed to her request, her tail started to wag slightly, but his last words did not please her. She didn’t need another to support her for food. . .well she did, but she could live off of berries and what not and she could find a few other dead animals here and there. But his tone implied that there would be no arguing involved. So she didn’t argue at all, he was doing this out of free will, she had nothing to do with the decision he was making. Though she wasn’t happy with how the whole thing had turned out, she didn’t mind. Getting her strength back did involve meat, and she wouldn’t be able to start learning if she wasn’t in tip top condition.

With a small smile, she dipped her head at Sloane, "Very well, thank you so much, Sloane!"

She then approached Sloane and gave him an affectionate lick to the cheek. She was thankful for what he was doing for her. Next time. . .if Ash, Rhysis, or Athena attacked her, then she would be ready. There would not be as many injuries as there had been before. She could be ready, but it meant staying in pack boundaries much more than she was used to. But it could be worth it. . .if she could learn how to defend herself. She would no longer have to feel useless and she could once again, become strong.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Although she didn't argue with his decree, he didn't miss the fact that she didn't like it. She was a proud wolf and didn't want to rely on anyone but, wasn't that what packs were for? Finding enough meat for both of them would be easy, so there was no reason for him not to help her. He also was quite serious about her needing to be as fit as possible, for the road would not be an easy one for her. When she finally agreed and thanked him, he breathed a sigh of relief. At least now he wouldn't have to resort to leaving dead or injured animals in her path. He didn't like being secretive, but he would not let his new friend go without.

<b>"Wonderful! Then it is settled. You concentrate on getting healthy and strong and I shall to my very best to train you to defend yourself. I will have to think on some new techniques, but I like a challenge!"</b> He gave her a big smile as he warmed to the idea of training the healer. He was actually looking forward to it and wagged his long fluffy tail to show her. He felt more and more that he had made the right decision in joining Aeylen and her Copper Rock Creek pack, especially as Nina was here and he'd already started a friendship with the healer before they were ever pack mates.
Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">The large brown male stared at her, as if wondering if she were telling the truth of not. The golden female was not a liar, however, and she never broke her word. And it was one of the reasons she was still here, in the Creek, instead of with her mate. The thought of him leading beside Elettra brought anger into the girl though. The two ladies hadn't had a nice start with each other and Nina didn't exactly like her. But she didn't judge Elettra yet. . .she still wanted to get to know her more. The brown female's tail begun to wag, overjoyed that Sloane was going to help her out. She was glad she had a close friend in the pack, not a newbie who had no clue what they were doing.  The male seemed quite comfortable with the pack so far and she happened to be quite glad that he was. It only meant that it would take him less time to fit himself into the way they did things. 

With a smile she said, "Thanks, Sloane! Is there anything else I need to know about you?"

She didn't want to pry too far but she was curious as to how the male had come to Relic Lore. Most wolves had a past before they came to the lands and she was sure that this male had one. But she didn't want to poke her nose into his business. It would seem rude but Nina couldn't help her general curiosity. The golden female tilted her head slightly, her one eye seemingly hiding all the mystery in the world. 
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Nina seemed very grateful for their arrangement and it was good to know that they would spend more time together because of it. He enjoyed her company immensely, she had a good heart and it seemed that was getting harder and harder to come by these days. Then she asked about him and he knew that she referred to his past. To his 'story'. He wasn't ready to share the darker details... wasn't sure if he ever would be, but there was no reason not to give her the information that he had given to their leadess, Aeylen.

<b>"I suppose that my story is much like anyone's,"</b> he began. Actually, he hoped that it wasn't but life could certainly be cruel at times. Then he summarized, much as he had for Aeylen, <b>"When I was nearly a year old, my sire was ambushed by a small band of rogues and their leader took over our pack, killing or chasing off all of the males. My mother made me promise to live, so I left. I've lived on my own, since then. Well, until now that is!"</b> He finished his brief story with a bright note in his voice and a wink for her.
Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">She listened to him with patience, her tail continuously curling, a nervous habit she had become to pick up after awhile. It meant she was slightly on edge, but at the moment, it wasn’t Sloane. It was her own live story, one she didn’t take pleasure in but she knew one day she would have to officially one day, but right now was definitely not the time. Nina head lifted slightly with Sloane’s words. Poor guy. . .who would chase out all of the males in the pack though. . .it would make no sense. But it wasn’t her place to ask. It would have to wait.

Nina tail thumped on the ground behind her and her one good eye sparkled, "Well, I‘m glad you got accepted in the pack. It‘s good to know I‘ve got someone I can trust. Watch your back though. . .you never know when someone will turn on you." Her last words were clipped in brash, but they held an ounce of softness in them. She wouldn’t forget what happened with her brother and family. She never wanted that to happen to anyone else either.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
He watched her as she listened to his brief tale. He knew that she was smart enough to know that there was more to it than the skeleton of a story that he'd given her, but she didn't push for more and for that he was very grateful. When she expressed happiness to have him there instead, he gave her a charming smile and wagged his long tail to show his own happiness.

A slight frown had formed at the tone of her final words, but he wiped it away before answering, <b>"Me too, Nina. It was a long time coming, but I am glad to have finally found a new home and new friends. This new start means more to me than you know."</b> Now he could move on from the dark days between his perfect life as an honored son of a well loved leader and now. The days where the desire for revenge had eaten at him every day and he'd been impotent to do anything about it. Now he could move on an try to forget his baser days, living as his sire would have wanted, supporting his new pack.
Knight of Honor
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Her fluffy tail continued to curl as she listened to Sloane, and soon a large smile grew on her small face. She would soon get the honor of learning how to defend herself, and there was no one better to teach her then a close friend. She knew that she trusted him and that she would be able to train without feeling uncomfortable, which was a great thing considering all of her circumstances. She continued to listen, her head nodding along with his words.

Finally she laughed and said, "I‘m glad. I am sure you will fit right in with the family." She had surprised herself though, it was the first time she had laughed, really laughed in awhile. She couldn’t help but be overjoyed with herself, happy that she had more of her shine back. Her laugh was one of the things that had made her former self, and she had shared it with Sloane, something she would not say or mention. But it was a big step for her. She couldn’t wait to tell Koda.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane smiled softly at his friend. <b>"Thank you, Nina. Speaking of fitting in, I should probably get going on border patrol duties." </b> A big part of him didn't want to leave her company yet, but he knew that as a fledgeling pack member he had to tend to his duties even more religiously to prove that Aeylen had not made a mistake in accepting him into her family. He spared a brief thought as to when he might finally meet her mate and his other leader, but figured that it would come in good time.

Giving her a chivalrous bow, Sloane took his leave of the golden brown fae that had taken the time to befriend an oaf like him. He trotted off feeling content and happy with his choice and wanting nothing more than to do his duty and fit in with his new pack. He took great care to patrol and mark the borders, adding his own strong scent to that of his new family, proclaiming himself their protector and guardian to the rest of relic lore.

(You can post/archive or just archive... up to you!)
Knight of Honor