A Little Morning Jaunt — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
With a skip in her step the silver she wolf sped forwards
to the meadow. Her mood was bright as the morning sun after
her cozy night with Sloane. She checked behind her to see if he was
coming, but she didn't see anyone behind her.
Where'd he disappear to? She scented the air searching for his warm
scent, but all she could smell was the scent of the plants around her.
The plants and animals smells mixed together in her nose but her brain was
able to easily distinguish what was what, and there was a good scent in the air.
Morning and dusk are always the best times to spot deer grazing, and the young female
could smell the deer not too far away. Not only could she smell deer, but she could scent
blood too. The blood of a newborn fawn. Though she didn't know this. For all she knew
one of the deer had an injury of some sort. But the scent of blood made her body tense.
Where is Sloane? she felt uncomfortable now without his presence nearby.

With a sigh Narimé sat down. Even if there were deer out there the two wolves
probably wouldn't be able to take down a full grown one.
"So we find a ground hog again or something. I don't know." She shifted her
paws and began grooming herself. She'd been doing that a lot for the past few days.
Even though she thought of herself as ugly because of her long legs she still kept herself
representable. Cleanliness is a must to make a good impression.
Not that she had to make a good impression here.So why am I doing this so often!? Narimé growled at herself and yanked her head forward to look for her friend again.
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2012, 09:56 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
At some point after leaving the lagoon with Narime', Sloane had lost himself in thought. He was worried for her. He had nothing to offer the little silver fae, but his friendship and brief protection. She needed to be in a pack and he wasn't yet sure if that was the path he was ready to take, so he had a dilemma. Much as he wanted to just stay with her and protect her, she needed the security of numbers and stability. <i>What was he to do, to keep his little Blue Eyes safe?</i> Deciding not to dwell on this problem for the moment, he shook his heavy thoughts off and looked around for the cause of them.

A moment of great panic hit the large wolf when the little silver fae was nowhere to be seen. His heartbeat raced in his chest before he caught her scent. Apparently, she had pulled ahead of him as some point when he'd been lost in thought. Sloane didn't possess great speed, but he did possess very long legs attached to his over-sized frame. What he lacked in speed, he more than made up for in sheer length of stride. In short order her scent strengthened and he caught sight of her sitting down, grooming herself and looking a bit dejected.

Relief washed over him at the mere sight of her, safe and apparently looking for him as well. He bounded over to her side and said, <b>"I told you that you're not getting rid of me that easily, Blue Eyes!"</b> He tried not to let her see how worried he had been about her, but their was no hiding his joy at being next to the tiny fae once more.
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Eh...Really tiny. Next will be better. Sorry!:P

"What do you mean try to get rid of you! I was looking for you." She
yipped quickly then laughed. It's not my fault you were too slow. The silver
female stood up again nudged his shoulder with her muzzle then gave him a big grin.
"So anyway, what are we going after specifically?" She only asked the question since
there were many scents on the breeze coming from the heart of the meadow. Plus
she had no clue what prey item would at least fill their bellies even partially.

She watched the sun as it steadily turned the sky a lighter shade of blue.
Narimé noted a large bird wheeling in the sky, a vulture and wondered where it was
headed. Purhaps there was a dead animal somewhere close by. But the bird continued
wheeling without a general course of direction.

Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko pranced through the meadow. He was in
high spirits after a good nights sleep with a full belly
of moose meat. He was still a little full but now he had the
strength to live without a worry for a little while at least.

Oops. Perhaps he spoke too soon. The scent of wolves washed
over the male as he slowed in the high grass. He wondered if he should
even go to see who exactly was near. He scented a male and a female.
Heh, maybe I should just leave them alone together. Give them some space.
The old wolf chuckled at his dirty mind. No they were probably here for a
different reason. He had also scented the deer as they grazed at the far end of the meadow.
Even so, maybe I should go mess with em and break up their little party? He
wondered slightly how he was going to do this. Maybe ask them to hunt with him?
Not only would that make them uncomfortable hunting with a stranger but they
might all get a good meal out of it. Plus Follko would get a laugh out of watching the
two wolves stress rise as he hunted with them.
"I guess thats an idea.." He lowered his head and began stalking through the grass
towards the two wolves. When he could finally see them he barked a few times
to let them know he was coming. He wasn't about to surprise two wolves.

"Hello there young ones. " He smiled all invitingly while holding his head and tail high.
"A nice day isn't it? And a good morning to hunt." He wagged his tail twice then looked
over the two wolves. Two big wolves. They were taller than he however he might have been
in better condition than they were.

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Just as Sloane began thinking that they would have to settle for smaller game this morning, his thoughts were interrupted by the jovial greeting of and older dark coated male. The man seemed nice enough and Sloane would have greeted him equally had it not been for the presence of Narime', his little blue eyed friend. Out of nowhere an overwhelming urge to chase off the stranger came upon him, but he pushed it aside with a confused thought as to where it had come from. The older male was correct. It <i>was</i> a good day for a hunt and if Narime' was all right with it, the three of them ought to have a chance at taking down a good sized elk or deer.

With a civil nod of his head, Sloane greeted the stranger, <b>"Greetings, sir. I'm Sloane and this is Narime'. Indeed, it is a good day for a hunt."</b> His words were friendly enough, but were laced with a tiny bit of an emotion that Sloane was unfamiliar with and filed away to analyze at a later time. Although he presented no real threat, the over-sized russet wolf felt his skin crawl a bit when the other male got near Narime'. Unconsciously, he shifted his weight and placed himself slightly between the two. He would let no harm come to his young friend.

Deciding that he would let Narime' decide if she was comfortable letting the other male join them, he turned to the young fae with an inquiring look. He was trying to gauge how comfortable she looked when all he could think about was shielding her from potential danger. Why his protective urges had gone into such a high overdrive at the innocent greeting had him puzzling over his reaction within himself. He pushed the strange thoughts and feelings aside and tried to listen with a clear open mind to what Narime' would do or say next. His amber eyes softened as he looked into her beautiful blue ones and he smiled as his long lush tail fanned the air behind him to ease her mind. <i>Of course, she might not be nervous at all and he could just be acting like an overprotective oaf!</i>
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé scented the male before he showed himself.
Her hackles rose before he even stepped out into the clearing.
Why does someone else have to be here too? She asked herself
then wondered slightly why she was asking herself this.
Wait, why should I even care? It's really nice to be with Sloane and
all but why is it I only want to be with him and no one else?
She pondered
the thought as an older gentlemen padded through the grass. He had a rusty black
coat which reminded Narimé of one of her brothers back at her older pack.
He introduced himself nicely and Narimé was again set at odds with her emotions.
One part of her wanted to take Sloane and ditch the elder. Then another part of her said
that wasn't a niceway to think and that the male might actually be a nice guy to get to know.

"Umm. I guess it's okay if we hunt together..." She dipped her head and watched
the orange eyed male warily. How come he asked to hunt with us so quickly?
especially since he doesn't know us...
She grumbled in her head and moved closer
to Sloane when she felt the other male was a little too close.
Well I guess my good day streak has come to an end. She turned around flicked her
tail in a follow motion and without another word and began leading the two males to
the far end of the meadow where the deer she scented earlier were grazing. Narimé
was too unhappy to notice if either of the two males had wanted to lead the hunt or not,
and took the lead herself. Her long legs drawing herself closer to their prey.

Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko watched the reactions of the two wolves closely.
He didn't want to miss one peak of distress on the pairs faces.
As Sloane introduced himself Follko dipped his head in hello to
the gray male and then to the little yearling. He wondered why the male
was following her around when she wasn't even old enough to breed yet.
Maybe she's got a good head on her shoulders and keeps him in line. He
scoffed in his mind while scenting the wind for a meal.

"My name is Follko Theizkei, and it's my lovely pleasure to meet both of you." He
flicked his ear to Sloane in greeting then stepped a bit closer to Narimé. He was
mildly dissappointed though when she stepped closer to Sloane.
Heh... Young love... He did however get a kick at how nervous the gray male
was of him getting near Narimé. And her own distress almost made him laugh out loud.

"Umm. I guess it's okay if we hunt together..." He smiled at both wolves
and watched the female stalk off without her boyfriend here. She seemed a bit agitated.
"What'd I say? I was being nice right?" He looked to Sloane and cocked his head with
an innocent look on his maw.
"I didn't mean nothing" He tried to keep Sloane calm and dipped his head and body
for a second waiting for him to follow the female and stay between Follko and her.
The older wolf knew he would want to protect her.
"Ready to go when you are. And hell we should get going quick or she'll be done
with the hunt before we get there!" Follko joked loudly keeping his calm demeaner.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
The over-sized male was none too pleased with the stranger getting closer to Narime', but he felt a bit of warm satisfaction when she stepped closer to him, uncomfortable with the others' nearness. A fleeting look of smugness crossed his countenance, but he quickly wiped it off. He really had no need to worry about Follko. He seemed harmless enough and Narime' had made it clear before she hurried off who she preferred for company.

When the older male asked what he had done, Sloane gave a little laugh inside, since he suspected that he knew just how Narime' was feeling. Another set of paws would be great for hunting larger game, but he had enjoyed their solitude together and was loathe to see it melt away. Outwardly, he gave a shrug and hurried to catch up with Narime', giving her a gentle nudge with his shoulder as he matched his pace perfectly to hers.

The scent of the deer was getting stronger and they would have to see what the situation was and formulate a plan of attack. He had to admit that having to old man around might just give them the edge with their chosen quarry. He gave Narime' a secret smile, just for her, as he slowed his pace. The deer were just ahead in the willows, only a hundred yards or so separated them and he could detect at least four or five creatures. He glanced at Narime' and then looked over his shoulder for the other male, waiting for him.
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé felt comforted by Sloane as he
kept pace beside her. However now the real
excitment would begin. She seemed to have a better
nose than the two males from the start, and she used it
to fiure out which deer would be the best target.

Four deer stood a the willows the silvery female knew.
A fifth fawn was also with the adults. Even though the fawn
would have been the easiest meal Narimé knew that it would
not fill three hungry wolves stomaches. So she changed target.
All this information raced through her head as she scented out the deer.
Then as she neared the deer she began to creap to one side where the
wind blew towards her. A perfect hunting strategy. No deer would scent
the wolves if they crept up on them from this angle.

The she wolf flicked her tail telling one of the two
males to go to her left near the bank of the water at the edge of the
willows. Then she pointed her nose to the right asking Sloane to go
further up the meadow flanking the deer. Quickly she flicked her ears at the
doe she wanted to take. It had an infected tickbite. The bite on the back of the
does neck was slowly eating away at the animal and poisoning it.
She noted earlier how the doe
tried to glutch the water and had trouble bending its neck to
take a drink. Plus the scent of infection led the she wolf to target the doe.
Narimé pointed at the doe and waited for the others to get into position.

Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko growled slightly as he followed Sloane
and Narimé. The elder was annoyed with the fact that
the yearling was the one taking the lead. Out of the three
wolves there the youngest was leading a hunt. How backwards
was that?!? He watched the young wolfs performance however
without a word; silently judging every move she made.

At first he thought she was going after the newly born fawn.
Then Follko began to scent the deer more carefully. Sickness,
weakness. One doe was injured. I nice bigger meal for the three of
of them. And the fact that she moved us into the head wind
means we can smell the deer but they can't smell us.
He approved of
this as he followed behind both wolves silently. She also seemed smart
enough to know to use the surrounding grasses and foilage to hide themselves
as they crept closer. Follko was slowly beginning to actually trust the females
instincts.She has talent, I can see that...But the real challenge will come from the chase.

When the silvery wolf gave her directions he suddenly realized exactly
what she was planning to do. The deer were bunched up next to the edge of the willows
and the waters edge. One wolf would circle around to scare the deer towards the two
waiting wolves and in the process possibly seperate the target doe.
I guess she's not too shabby... He decided to take her left side and be on of the
waiting wolves. With a slow creap he slipped through the grasses into his spot
and waited for Sloane to do his bit.
Lets just hope the other youngin is smart enough to see her plan. He glaced at
the grayish male then back to his prey. The doe was only about thirty-five feet away.