(See All?) Announcements
503 Users Online
Google

I Promise You Walls — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
The sun was low in the sky, but climbing steadily higher every passing moment. But no sunlight could be seen from within the main den, where Borlla slept with her brothers, if they weren't already awake. It made her feel better, still curled up with one or two of the eldest of her siblings. It was as if mom and dad were still around. And anyway, she needed to give them a break every so often. She'd sleep where they could see her. A few stray streams of fresh sunlight attempted to poke their way through into the den, but couldn't quite reach the tawny pup's sleeping spot. All four paws outstretched towards the entrance, and the top of her head was pressed against a rock. She was comfortable, even if it didn't quite look it.

In the early stages of stirring, Borlla pawed the air, as if she were running, though she was truly trying to feel if anyone was in her immediate vicinity. Most of the older wolves had taken off for the morning already, and those were Borlla's usual waking victims. Her paws came in contact with nothing, so it was onto the next stage. Her tongue clicked a few times as she opened and closed her mouth, then unsteadily rolled to her paws, eyes still tightly shut. A small puppy yawn usually made her lose her balance, and she'd roll back up again, daring to open her eyes. And then she was done. Maybe not as awake as she'd like to be, but still being young it didn't really matter much to her. The earlier she was awake, the more things she could fit into her day. Being a puppy equated to traveling slowly.

Squinting around the still dark den from the slightly elevated perch of the entrance, she searched for her brother, eyes still groggy from sleep, "Triell," She hissed, leaning forward, hoping that maybe one of the sun rays that she wasn't blocking would fall on him. "Triell, wake up!" Her voice rose suddenly, hurting her own ears, and she hunkered over for a moment, peeking open one eye to see if yelling had worked.

(This post was last modified: Aug 17, 2010, 12:10 AM by Borlla.)
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
What was that noise?

In a state of semi-consciousness, Kinis' young mind tried to lazily sift through the possibilities, his body heartily rejecting the notion of waking up. It was still dark, wasn't it? And even if it wasn't, Kinis sometimes liked to sleep for longer; he knew that his older siblings liked to know where he was, and he was entirely happy to oblige them. Besides, the den was warm, even if it wasn't... well, quite right - but a sleepy puppy didn't need to dwell on the more morbid, depressing aspects of life at this unholy time.

In his half-sleep, Kinis shifted slightly, still rebelling against the idea of leaving dreamland. His slumber wasn't to remain peaceful, though, as the noise both increased and was identified.

Borlla. Who else?

Despite everything, Kinis couldn't help but whined softly to himself, hating that the idea of her had now invaded his head - he'd never get back to sleep now - but then he realised that, in order to escape her, he should probably pretend to be asleep anyway. Wasn't it a curious world? Thus, in a rather uncharacteristically devious way, he rolled onto his side, facing away from her, and did not react. She hadn't called his name anyway.

In a rather characteristic way, though, Kinis' acting was rather poor indeed. He could only hope that Borlla was truly uninterested in his company.

<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
No answer came from her black-pelted brother.

Borlla's brows instantly furrowed, and she moved a bit further back into the den, spotting slight movement from her other brother, Kinis. The girl grinned, except it wasn't the kind of grin that made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It was more like the kind of grin that you ran away from if you were smart. Borlla didn't know if her brother was smart or not, but she did know that his back was now to her, and he was vulnerable.

First mistake.

Her jowls twitched, exposing, for a moment, bright white teeth. This would be fun. Silly Kinis. Her crouch was sloppy as she slid into it, but she was having too much fun to care. Creeping closer and closer, she finally pounced, lifting her front end off the ground, and aimed her paws to land squarely on his side, probably a little harder than was really necessary. "Hey, Kinis. Wake up!" She spared no volume this time, which was sure to be enough to wake Triell now. "I saw you roll over. Don't fake. Kinisss." She leaned down, and huffed into his ear.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
Their pretty matching tables give me a happy :D

Why couldn't he sleep somewhere else?

Having foolishly believed his ploy to be enough, Kinis was entirely unprepared for the assault. She shoved into him hard and all pretence fell away as he cried out, startled and afraid and sad that he was now going to be sucked into her games. He didn't even bother to fight back; he laid timidly where he had been pushed, his face pressed into the ground, eyes tightly shut. Her taunts and shouts were enough to make his sensitive ears ring. Triell must have had ears of stone to sleep through all this. Why couldn't Kinis have ears of stone, too? If he just hadn't been woken up in the first place, none of this would have happened, and now his day was going to suck.

She knew he was awake, and his lack of confidence with acting meant he didn't even bother to try; whimpering softly, he flinched away from her muzzle in his ear, trying to edge away from her without standing up. Why couldn't she just leave him alone? "Borllaaaaa," he muttered as response, lifting a paw to bat half-heartedly at her in a truly awesome display of physical might. Now it benefitted nobody that Triell still slept; if he were awake, he could distract their sister and Kinis could be safe! As such, and partly in an attempt to avoid any more incoming attacks, Kinis scrambled to his uneasy, sleepy paws and clumsily hid behind Triell's still body. He put his head on his brother's shoulders, watching Borlla carefully, tiredness still in his eyes. "Leavemealone," he whined, fully aware that any imploring could likely egg her on, but desperate to try anyway.

<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>