(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Bing, Google

write it on your hand — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Why wasn't Junai looking for her anymore? She'd watched her sister wander away, in the direction of the water, and then come back and lie down. That was easy. And Junai had made such a big deal about winning. Borlla was on her way out, wriggling out the front end of the root cave, when the black wolf spotted her. Why was she mad? It wasn't her fault that Junai had given up.

"What do you mean, where'd I go?" Borlla freed herself, shaking off her dirty pelt, looking up at her irritated sister with very confused and almost angry eyes. "We were playing hide-and-seek. I was hiding! And when I thought you'd find me, I went somewhere else. You were supposed to chase me!" Her pale brows furrowed. "...I didn't hear you though." She still couldn't get why Junai was being like this. It was just a game. "I won!" She grinned, suddenly perking up at this realization.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Chi who has 64 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
http://a.imageshack.us/img717/5995/70049898.png);">
WITHOUT YOU THERE'S NO REASON FOR MY STORY
      The sly pup wormed her way out of the root she had hidden under, giving her fuzzy pelt a shake before looking to Junai with a rather aggravated expression on her face—as if she had a right to be angry! <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“I looked there before and you weren't there. You were cheating,” Junai accused a little pointedly, watching her sister carefully, perhaps as though afraid she might disappear again. <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“I didn't wanna chase you; it woulda been a waste of my time.” Lies—indignant, stubborn lies. Eternally a sore loser, Junai was sure to make the worst out of her sister's triumph.

<b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Didn't you know that you're not allowed to leave you're hiding spot? That's against the rules.” Her words were spoken matter-of-factly, if not slyly, and she looked down at her sister with a lazy grin that seem all-knowing. So perhaps it hadn't originally been a rule... But Junai was the grown-up here and they would play by the rules she chose! <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“In other words, you're disqualified for breakin' the rules. I win.” And, judging by her haughty expression, that was that as far as the argument over the winner was concerned.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
definitely stopped right in the middle of my pokemon battle to reply to this. XD that intense.

Did Junai even have any idea what she was saying? Did she not know the whole point of hide-and-seek tag? Maybe she hadn't caught that when Borlla had said it earlier. Clearly her sister had gone insane. Borlla was obviously angry, her usually wide cute eyes, narrowed and attempting to burn another hole into Junai's soul. And a "waste of time"? Junai had just sullied the game that her little sister held dearest to her soul. The one thing she could call her own, what made her a champion.

"Are you crazy?" Borlla barked, though it was less than threatening. "It's not against the rules in hide-and-seek tag! Don't you know anything? You're supposed to run in tag, stupidhead!" The barking continued until Borlla was so upset she felt tears welling up in her eyes. No! No! She was the winner! Her limbs trembled, and she growled at Junai, eyes narrowed, but slightly welled up with frustrated, angry tears. "I'm the winner! Not you." She grumbled, her voice a low rumble.

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2010, 12:46 AM by Borlla.)
Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
i feel suddenly awesome knowing that. :o

Crazy? Did that little twerp just accuse her, Junai Tainn, of being crazy? Preposterous! The relief that her sister was safe fizzled away into nothingness, leaving Junai stared down at her youngest sister with a look of mocking triumph that was sure to be gone soon with the way things were going. Honestly, it was never a good idea to insult Junai, family or not, because she had a short fuse and a plain old rotten temper. Borlla was lucky that she was a pup, otherwise Junai would've shown the runt who was the real winner here.

<b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Don't you know the rules? You not supposed to run until you for sure know that you've been spotted, stupidhead.” Her tone was snide and yet... Yet her sister's expression stopped further shouting on Junai's part, her ears pulling back at the utterly heartbroken expression on her little sister's countenance. Really? She was starting to cry? Aw, crap, she didn't want to be told on and then yelled at by Indru for being heartless... And yet she didn't want to lose either. Clearing her throat, she mumbled a little awkwardly, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“We, uh... We could both be winners, Borlla? Ah, yeah, cause I found you real quick but you ran too fast for me.” The thought annoyed her. Honestly, she didn't like the thought of tying to anyone and especially not with her baby sister. But, if that would stop those dang tears, then she supposed she could share the title—though only if Borlla was willing, of course.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
you should. XD also, most intense game of hide and seek/tag ever.

"I heard you running towards me! So that makes you stupid, again." Borlla wasn't going to back out, even if it killed her. She sniffled, keeping the anger plain on her face, even though it was starting to make her eyes burn. Junai used to be a pup! It wasn't that long ago! She should have known the rules. "C-cause, if I'd waited until I saw you, then you would have gotten me. Some of us aren't tall meany-heads." The childish terms probably weren't helping her case much, but she wasn't yet familiar with many of the words that adults used when they were angry. She'd never been on the receiving end of those...Yet.

Her eyes watered now, finally falling down her furry cheeks. Junai wanted to tie. Really? Backing down so soon? Borlla had to widen her eyes now, since keeping them narrowed was causing a bit of uncomfortable burning from the tears. Her expression was rather innocent, the tears were beginning to lose their original meaning however. Sure, at first, she'd been quite upset that Junai would be so cruel as to turn the tables like that...Now she was using them to her advantage. "Bu-But, there can only be one winner at hide and seek tag!" Moving up to Junai, she placed one paw on her sister's before a small smile developed. "You're it now, which means I win!" Borlla's logic was now that, seeing as Junai had declared herself the winner and therefore the one supposed to be hiding, Borlla was "the tagger". Silly big sister.

Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
indeed! 8) though, junai is a sore loser—and she's supposed to be the adult here. xD;

Again? How was she stupid in the first place? <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“I woulda given you a headstart to run, stupid. You didn't need to gimme a friggin' heart attack, okay?” That was the point that annoyed her above all else, the fact that her sister didn't seem to realize why she had been worried. Exasperated, Junai thought to herself, 'The twerp couldn't identify compassion if her life depended on it.'

Or, perhaps Borlla, eternally devious like Ioni, could detect such compassion—and manipulate it with unexpected ease. Junai had abandoned pride for a shred of good sportsmanship, a quality that was not common in Junai Tainn. It was simply out of pity that Junai offered to share the title of winner with Borlla, but she soon realized the severity of her error when a tiny paw was placed atop her own and triumphant words echoed from her sister's mouth: she had been double-crossed. Annoyance overtook her features and Junai pushed herself to her feet, glaring down at her sister. <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Yeaah right. I never even got the chance to hide and you've cheated twice now. I'm not sure I really wanna play with someone like you.” And she started to oh-so slowly make her way back to the den area, half-excepting Borlla to beg her to keep playing, as evidenced by one ear rotating back to listen to the child behind her.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla's not much better. XD She should have taken the offer. -shakes fist-

Borlla wobbled nervously on her paws, wishing for Junai to tarry. Yeah, maybe she hadn't taken the right approach to winning this game, but Junai hadn't either. The pup wasn't about to call it a tie though, not when she knew she'd rightfully won! But she'd been shut down. It wasn't even a fight anymore. Her big sister was just walking away. She whined, and wobbled, before running towards Junai. "Wait!"

She sat, eyes shooting momentarily over her shoulder at the wilderness behind them. "I know how to solve this." Looking back to Junai, her eyes gleamed proudly. While she wasn't necessarily up for possibly losing her winning title, she had enough confidence in herself to know that she had a chance of earning it legitimately, without "cheating", even though she was still sure she hadn't. "You can go hide now, and if I find you, I win. No running until you're seen though." Her nose wrinkled in distaste for that rule, but decided it might as well go down the right way so Junai wouldn't have a chance to complain about cheating again.

Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
sorry for the wait! been spending the past few days with family. ^^; hopefully you don't mind the slight powerplay to keep things goin'? :3

Children were surprisingly easy to handle when you were practically a child yourself as Junai was—keeping Borlla close was simply a matter of being her competitive, obnoxious self. 'Simple.' Grinning to herself, her sleek chest puffing out in immature pride, she turned to face her youngest sister and replied with a shrug, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“All right, I can handle that. Now shoo, go count—and keep your eyes closed.” The possibility that Borlla, sly and devious like Ioni, might cheat seemed highly likely in Junai's eyes... While she hardly thought she could be beaten by a pup, she wanted to make sure all odds were in her favor. That way, fair and square, Junai could be crowned the winner.

Once Borlla closed her eyes and started to count, however, panic struck Junai. Crap, crap, crap! Where was she supposed to go? Unlike Borlla, Junai was fully grown, a fact that eliminated most, if not all, good hiding spots. Crap, what was she supposed to do? She took a step in one direction and then the opposite, completely and utterly stuck in regards to where the heck she should go. After a moment or two (was it just her or was Borlla counting fast?!), Junai took a few panicked steps away from her sister, grimacing in defeat. She had failed in the hiding department, but... But she would surely win when it came to tag! When her sister cried out the last number, Junai managed a cocky smirk (though she was disheartened by her mild failure), and cried out, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Ya found me, but can ya catch me?” With those words, she turned tail and ran, heading for their starting point, her pace mercifully slowed due to the haphazard glances she threw behind her to ensure her sister was keeping up.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
not at all. :3

Tucking her nose away into her chest, she started to count, "One, two, three..." On and on she went, just barely able to hear Junai running around behind her. What was she doing? It was very tempting to peek, but Borlla was really going for the win and if Junai caught her cheater, that would be the end of that.

When she reached the end of the count, Borlla sucked in a huge breath and shouted, "Ready or not, here I come!" Perhaps a bit over dramatically, since when she turned Junai was standing right there. "Wha-what?" And then she rad. Borlla fidgeted for a moment, watching as her big sister attempted to ruin the game again. Of course, maybe she couldn't even find a place to hide. That idea alone made Borlla feel like a winner. She could out-hide her sister.

But too much time had been wasted already. A tiny little growl was emitted from her throat and she leaped forward, moving into the fastest run she could muster. Junai was already fairly far ahead though, and Borlla was already tripping over the forest debris. "Junaiiii." She whined, still running but a lot slowing.

Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
feel free to punch me in the face for the wait. :P

Surprise was evident on her sister's features, leaving Junai to grin smugly to herself. Borlla thought she was so smart and so sly, but she didn't know anything. Perhaps one day she would be a greater threat, something of the same caliber as Ioni... But for now? For now, Borlla was just Borlla, small and tiny and silly. Junai almost pitied her, but she had never really been the overly sympathetic sort and pushed away any mildly nice reactions and darted away from Borlla, the idea of success looming irresistably before her in her mind's eye.

And yet despite the infinitesimal distance between losing and winning, something happened. Her name was cried and, unable to help herself, Junai looked backwards over her shoulder, too hyped on adrenaline to slow down and yet unable to shun her sister's cry. The tables turned with that backwards glance, her conscience nagging her to do something good, something sisterly; the receding face tugged at her heart strings and Junai's paws slipped awkwardly, the movement quite obviously forced (perhaps as though she were afraid of falling and yet was willing herself to be courageous or some crap like that). She went flying (more or less literally) face first into the forest floor, her chin skidding along the forest floor as she rolled onto her side, crying out dramatically, <b style="color:#2A4F0F; font-family:georgia;">“Owwww!” She lay still, watching her sister in the distance, hoping she was happy, remarking dramatically, <b style="color:#2A4F0F; font-family:georgia;">“Borlla, come here, my dear younger sister! I, I see the light... I think this may be the end for me.” Not really—her side only ached a little and her chin only prickled from a vagrant pine cone. But still... Pity always got you a win, right? Fear hadn't worked, maybe this would.