(See All?) Announcements
605 Users Online
Google, Bing

A little help, please... — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by illusions who has 52 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Jade was lost. She was looking for her brother Steel and had heard that he'd headed into this region, but somehow she'd ended up in the middle of what appeared to be nowhere. She'd caught a glimpse of a lake from the distance, but she couldn't seem to find it now. Every turn that she took, she became more confused and a little scared. She scented a pack's borders and she dared not enter. She hoped that someone would happen by that she might get a little help, but the thought terrified her too. She was tiny and weak and could easily fall victim to an angry land owner. For that reason, she kept a good distance from the strongly marked borders as she skirted it.

She wondered again where Steel was. He was the only family that she had left. When Mother had left, and her brother had disappeared, Jade had wandered alone for months, barely surviving. A small pack had taken her in and she'd been content there for a while, but always searched for both absent members of her family. A few months ago, she had discovered that Mother had been killed in a cougar attack. Despite all that Mother had put her through, she grieved for her death. Now, Steel was all that she had left and that had prompted her to leave her adoptive pack behind and go in search of him. It was hard to track a wolf that did not want to be found though. She knew that she was getting close and her drive to find him would keep her going, but she was utterly lost in these strange lands.

Feeling a bit of panic starting to close in, Jade moved even further from the borders and lay down under a thicket. Here, she was somewhat hidden, her mulicolored pelt helping her blend in with her background. She needed to calm down. Every sound of the forest around her made her jump. She pushed herself backwards into the clump of bushes until her rear end bumped into the base of them and she could go no more. She started counting backwards to herself... <i>Ten, nine, eight, seven...</i> The strange ritual worked it's magic and she was soon merely nervous and not terrified.

She was not brave, but she wouldn't let her fear keep her from her goal. She would find Steel. With that thought, the exhaustion of the last weeks and months of searching caught up to her once more and she drifted into an uneasy sleep.
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Time was passing, Ava was healing. Border patrols no longer took a toll on her heart. The fade of Rhysis' and Naira's scent hardly bothered her anymore, and soon their disappearance entirely would go unnoticed. There were the usual scents on the border, for no loner had graced their presence since Ash's return. Then, her black nose caught the scent of a different wolf further into Lost Lake territory. Ava paused and stood, peering around though there was nothing to be found in immediate eye sight. She would've been content to let it go, had the wolf not carried a scent far different than those who'd lived in Relic Lore a while. She had to be new to the land, and therefore, would be extremely naive. It was more a preventative measure than any kindness in her heart that drove Ava outside of her packland. Lone wolves were often staving and might come near a packland to steal a little game, and the scent extended over a good part of land. The female had been skirting their borders for at least a little while. It was only safe to see for herself.

The proud second exhaled a sigh and lowered her head, following the smell through the pebble beach and cold stone ground until it took to an area with more trees. The search was taking longer than she initially thought it would, and with a disgruntled snort Ava lifted her head and looked impatiently about her surroundings. Was this more trouble than it was worth? The trail was freshest here and yet she was far enough from the borders for it to be none of her business. Besides, the wolf obviously didn't want anything to do with Poison Path if she had retreated so far away. Content that her job had been done, the black-coated female turned around to return to her home only to find a tangled thicket housing one small she-wolf within their branches. Immediately her tail rose and her chest puffed out, but the actions were diminished the moment she looked upon the female's features and found her to be asleep.

Oh... this was awkward. Ava tilted her head and just stared for a moment, not entirely certain if she ought to wake her up, or let her go.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Jade shifted in her sleep, a feeling of unease coming over her. She woke up sluggishly, still quite groggy. She hadn't realized just how tired that she had been. The feeling that she was being watched washed over her and she looked around frantically, spying a black wolf looking at her oddly from not too far away. Taken by surprise and now fully awake, the tiny wolf scrambled to her feet and tried to back away, belatedly realizing that the clump of bushes was behind her, effectively blocking her exit. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest. She knew that she wasn't trespassing, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't be attacked.

The bushes had been great for some concealment, but she preferred open spaces where her speed could be put to better use, be it hunting or fleeing if necessary. Doing her best to <span class='word'>glutch</span> her nerves, she looked at the larger fae, who appeared a bit younger than her, yet filled with confidence and said, <b>"H-hello. I'm J-Jade. I'm a bit ... lost"</b> She hated sounding so scared and weak, but she couldn't help who she was. She could almost hear the scorn in Mother's voice. '<i>Good for nothing weakling!'</i> Jade had ever been a disappointment to Mother.

Shaking the thoughts inwardly, Jade looked at the strange apprehensively, not knowing what to expect and feeling utterly trapped. She couldn't even bring herself to move free of the bushes...
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Thankfully the female had not been in a deep slumber for within moments she roused and spotted Ava. Her frightened stare was somewhat unsettling to meet, especially as her jerky motions brought her backwards in to a bush. Ava leaned backward a little. <i>Stars above, please don't give me another crazy,</i> the Poisoned girl could only hope as she braced for some form of backlash that was entirely undeserved and only fitting that she would receive it... but the little wolf did not attack. The black she-wolf would not diminish the distance between herself and the stranger, nor would she remove the distrust that had appeared in her eyes, but she made no move to look threatening.

The she-wolf's words did little to satiate her distrust, though it wasn't as though the night-colored female did not believe them. <i>Lost</i>? How fitting that she would end up at their lake, for that was its namesake. Most wolves were not 'lost' unless they sought something, for through all her travels to get to Relic Lore Ava had never considered herself lost. She'd only been travelling, wandering, and the few packs she'd encountered and been interrogated by had all gotten the same response. <i>I'm not lost, I'm just on my way.</i> Maybe she was like all wolves that happened to enter the Lore, lost souls on the search for broken pieces of their family. Like Narime. Like Naira. Like Ava herself. If that was the case with Jade as well it would be no surprise.

Standing a little straighter, she responded, "<b>Ava. What are you looking for?</b>" No point in beating around the bush, now, was there?
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Still a little unsure, Jade gained some confidence when she wasn't attacked outright. While the black female wasn't gushing with friendliness, she also wasn't snarling.<i>"Ava. What are you looking for?"</i> Nothing like getting to the point. Taking a few breaths to slow her jittery heart and raising her head slightly Jade answered, <b>"My brother, Steel. I haven't seen him in two years, but I've tracked him to this region. He'd be hard to miss. Three, black and white with stormy blue eyes and a, um... <i>rough</i>... personality."</b> Strangely, her words were sure and strong when it came to her mission of finding her prodigal brother.

When she was done speaking, her head drifted back down meekly and she waited to see if this stranger might be able to help her find Steel. If not, maybe she could point the way out of this confusing area of land. True or not, Jade felt as if she was going in circles and nothing seemed 'right', but that could also be her frayed nerves. Her sage green eyes met the bright amber eyes of the midnight female hopefully.

Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>The Poisoned girl's gaze remained watchful while the smaller female composed herself, though her stare broke briefly as she flickered away from eye contact when Jade revealed the intentions of her search. Bitterness filled her lungs like tar, thick and black, and she remained silent and looking off into the trees while the other wolf provided a brief description. Why did everyone always come following their family? Didn't they want an independent life? Ava's thoughts followed the nature of her bile, though she didn't actually mean them. She felt the crushing weight of guilt on her heart for not having followed her siblings away from home, because now they could be dead, they could be starving, or they could have found a better life with each other, and Ava would never know. But the black-furred female could only sit in silence for so long, so with a quiet sigh she turned her eyes back to Jade. Her expression was neutral, no signs of the emotions that had just rushed through her, as she responded solemnly, "<b>I'm sorry, I've never heard of him. As far as I know he hasn't come this way. </b>" No blue-eyed wolves so far, actually, and none with <i>rough</i> personalities.

Yet Ava had made herself the <span class='word'>syndic</span> and she couldn't rightfully turn around and leave, though it was clear there was nothing for her here. "<b>These mountains are not kind, especially to wolves who are fresh from loner life. Most aren't strong enough to get here.</b>" In fact, Ava was rather surprised Jade had. No matter. "<b>You might have more luck going futher inward, where water and game is easier to catch? That's where I would go, at least.</b>" Perhaps that could help her find her sibling.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Jade's hopeful expression faded at Ava's words. No sign of her brother. She was sure that the black wolf would have remembered him had she ever met him. He was like that. Memorable. Then the other female spoke of the difficulties of living on the mountains and suggested a direction which might be easier for her.

The tiny wolf was grateful for her help, but suddenly she didn't want her to go. Ava was the first wolf that she had met in this region and she was loathe to be on her own again, just yet. Worried that the other woman was about to go, Jade finally took her first hesitant step out of the thicket, muscles quaking anxiously. <b>"Thank you for your kindness."</b> Her voice was small, but less fearful than before. This fae had shown her nothing but friendliness so far.

With a small dip of her head, she took another tiny step forward and swallowed hard. Then she met the others eyes with a pleading look, <b>"Please, don't go yet..."</b> Now she was fearful of being left alone in these mountains that frankly gave her the creeps. It was definitely odd, since she normally was completely at home with nature. She felt almost as if they didn't want her here, almost like she hadn't passed muster. Well, that was a feeling she was far too used to.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Observantly she kept the other female's expression within her amber gaze, watching solemnly as the hope vanished from the smaller wolf's feature. Yet nothing tugged on her heartstrings, and her heart continued to beat empty. Silently her attention was taken once again when Jade hesitated toward her, and she accepted the female's gratitude with a half-smile. <i>Kindness</i>. What did she know of kindness anymore? Ava was bitter on her best days, miserable on her worst, and equal parts lonely and full of hatred at all other times. As much as she loved and trusted Athena, the white lady having brought back a random male to their meeting to groom for leadership had struck her quite hard. It was as though their day in Riddle Heights had been nothing but the talk of fools, for it was clear she still had secrets. The black-furred female refused to acknowledge the secret of her own... a lover, far from home. She missed Kade every day that she could drown herself in all the tears she cried over being alone every night, and yet she couldn't leave the Mountain until she knew it again. The wolves in their clan were different now, and she hardly trusted any of them. It was starting over again, only harder.

So no. There was no kindness to be thanked for. But before she could deny it, the female uttered another sentence, so quiet with her voice but so loud with her eyes as the green eyes stole her's and she looked into a loneliness not unlike her own. Ava turned toward the female and felt guilt rain over her head finally. She was truly being too selfish these days; after all, the girl was just a lonely rogue. It took several moments to swallow her feelings, but she did eventually. With a nod her legs went weak and Ava fell to a lazy sit, tilting her head in the little one's direction. Then the awkwardness dawned on her. Well... what was she to do? Would her company alone suffice? Probably not. The silence would eat them both in a moment. Small talk had once been among her greatest fancies, yet art was hard for her to repeat. Slowly though, Ava managed, "<b>Well then... what happened, Jade?</b>" It was a vague question, but that at least was on purpose. This way the female could talk about whatever was on her mind. Small-talk was easier that way, that much she could recall.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Jade trembled and took another tiny step out of the bushes. She could almost see thoughts crossing the other fae's reserved face. Nothing obvious or telling, just consideration maybe, but after what seemed an eternity she sat down. <i>She would stay...</i> A relieved, yet shy breath escaped her. Then another short silence and the midnight fae inquired, <i>"Well then... what happened, Jade?" </i>

<i>What had happened, indeed...</i> Ava was being kind enough to listen to her, to stay with her for a bit, despite her almost frantic fearfulness earlier. The desire to tell her <i>everything</i> was very strong, but she didn't want to make the black fae regret her decision. Jade got the strong feeling that this was not a natural thing for her to do at this point. She was making an effort for a stranger and it warmed Jade's lonely heart to no end.

<i>A summary then?</i> <b>"T-thank you for s-staying." </b> Her voice was soft and utterly grateful and she dipped her head shyly at the other woman. Then she went on slowly, <b>M-Mother and Steel d-disappeared when we were b-barely yearlings. I-I found a p-pack to take me in, b-but never quite f-fit in. I-I just r-recently learned of M-Mother's d-death. Now I am searching for Steel as he's all I have left and I just <i>have</i> to find him!" </b> Again, she cursed her nervous stutter, but felt better for getting her pitiful story out. She half expected Ava to have fallen asleep, for who truly cared about her and her story... but she seemed to have paid attention to each word and Jade's eyes misted with gratitude.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Ava's decision to be kind paid off in one tiny step from the woman further from the cover of nature. She sure was... uneasy. The black-furred girl wondered if she had ever been so painfully shy, but within her mind the image of Jade warped into a different, small, green-eyed girl. <i>Arlette</i>. They were both teensy and nervous and slowly inching away from their shells, and the pale-furred one had certainly won over Ava's heart. The connection was enough to lower her steel-reinforced guard touch further, focusing her brilliant amber stare on the trembling female. Every word crept from her jaw with uncertainty, stuttering her story while battling an obviously hindering shyness. Her story was short, lacking in <span class='word'>surfeit</span> details and rather typical of most wolves. A parent always died, a family always split, and someone went searching for the past. Ava had done it, but Ava had left the search. But Jade didn't really seem the sort to drop the pursuit to pursue a life of her own.

"<b>I'm sorry to hear that,</b>" Ava murmured, muting the heaviness in her heart as it bled out into her words. A moment of peace would fall over the two wolves as Ava surveyed her company. She was of typical grey-wolf coloring, and slender in build, though she couldn't quite discern if she was just lanky or lacking in muscle tone. Possibly both... probably both. "<b>I'm sure you'll find him, though. Relic Lore is a pretty big place and yet, you seem to find the same wolves every once and again...</b>" She thought briefly of her nameless River wolf friend, and how often their paths crossed. Jedd, of course, as well... though she wasn't so happy to see him. Shutting her thoughts off she plastered a smile across her dark maw and added, "<b>Have you been travelling long?</b>"</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2012, 01:35 PM by Ava.)