644 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jethro

And All Was Quiet — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Partly cloudy; cool. Mid-day.

Think positive. Stay optimistic. It comes naturally to you.

Yet... it seemed impossible. Chantille had disappeared from Poison Path for a few days to collect her thoughts, as well as plants that grow outside of the Lore. Her head felt like it was about to fly off from all her thoughts, and she did as much as she could to keep it on steady. She returned to her pack believing she was well once more, but seeing the faces of her fellow pack mates tore her heart into two. She decided to rest in her favorite place....Fireweed Rise.

She walked along quietly, her head lifted at its normal level rather than low with sadness. Deep chocolate eyes scanned the field for other wolves, and as she decided there were none, she continued forth. Her tail swayed gently behind her as she padded along slowly. Ears were lazily held up; folding against her head whenever the breezes blew. The sun was covered by clouds, obscuring its ability to shed light upon the blood red flowers of the rise. No matter. It seemed to suit her mood, anyways.

She wished that she could jump into a body of water and have it perform some kind of abstergent - she just wanted to think normally again. She was upset, yes, but it was mainly for her brethren. She was concerned with how they were feelings...how their emotions would drive them. With a loud sigh now, the creamy woman nestled herself within the crimson and orange flowers. She allowed her head to lower and rest upon her paws.
Played by illusions who has 52 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Jade was intent on finding her brother, but her lack of social... well, <i>anything,</i> definitely didn't help her. She had met two wolves, both females, so far and had thoroughly embarrassed herself with both, stuttering and trembling with fear. She hated her debilitating weakness and blamed her mother for it. Her matriarchs harsh words had softened and weakened her rather than strengthened her. Now she wasn't much more than a shadow around other wolves. At least she was a shadow with a purpose. So far, she had come up completely empty in her fruitless search for Steel, but she would carry on with it. What else was she to do? She had no purpose other than the anchor of her stoic brother and he had no idea that she was even still alive.

With a sigh, Jade trudged on aimlessly, hoping to miraculously find some sign of Steel. When she exited the trees and came upon a breathtaking view, she couldn't help a gasp of amazement. Her affinity for nature called out to her when she took in the vibrant flaming field of flowers before her. They lacked the gentle scent of her favorite lavender, but they more than made up for it with their stunning beauty. She slowly wandered out into the sea of crimson blossoms and shivered with pleasure as they tickled her underside. With a soft sigh, she closed her eyes and took in a deep cleansing breath. Absolutely perfect!

The tiny wolf moved forward again, deeper into the flow of flaming flowers. She was so lost in her amazement that she jumped when she almost literally stumbled upon another wolf, laying in the flowers. Her creamy pelt had been completely hidden in the gently waving blooms. Jade sucked in her breath and stumbled backwards, ears and tail pinned to her trembling body. It seemed that the only way that she met anyone these days was by falling all over herself in fear.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Chantille's head slid off her paws and her nose hit the earth. Not with force, but gently. She snuffed in the grasses and flowers, eyes closing as her ears flattened softly against her head. The pollen rushed up her nose, and she pulled her head back, muzzle wrinkling before her lids fluttered. A loud sneeze escaped her, and she frowned, almost embarassed it seemed. "Oh goodness...excuse me."

Though there was no one around (or so she thought) her polite ways had brought her to excusing herself. With a small smile now, her tail flicked before she rolled merrily upon her back. She wiggled to and fro like an earthworm, allowing the cool soil to breach her creamy coat. As the smile lay upon her face, there was a noise. She flipped upward now, eyes peering in alarm to the direction of the fumbling sound. There, ahead, was a wolf.

Sitting still now, the woman bit her tongue. She observed the embarassed wolf quietly. The woman's tail was tucked between her legs and she seemed terribly frightened. Tilting her head, Chantille shook her head before parting her delicate jaws to speak. "Hello? Are...you ok? I won't hurt you." Right. Like that wolf was going to believe her. Well, it was the truth, dammit.
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
Jade could feel herself turning bright red with embarrassment and anxiety beneath her lush pelt. Of course the color was hardly necessary to see with her body language. It screamed I'm terrified and useless! Jade could kick herself. She should have scented the other woman or something, rather than daydreaming amid the fiery blossoms. One of these days she was going to get herself into some real trouble!

The cream colored female seemed concerned and quite nice, so Jade did her best to calm her nerves and speak calmly to the other fae, who appeared to be her <span class='word'>agemate</span> despite being quite a bit larger than her miniscule self. <b>"I-I I'm s-sorry for interrupt-ting y-you! I-I'm fine, th-thank y-you."</b> Her nervous stutter seemed worse than ever right now and she inwardly kicked herself for a fool.

If she'd come upon Steel like that, she would likely have lost a paw before his eyes were even open. He was the type to strike first and not bother with questions at all. That was Mother's handiwork and he'd been her star pupil in every way. She had been Mother's dismal failure... in every way. For a moment, she wondered why she continued her search for a brother that didn't want to be found. So he could turn her away in person? She had no clue why, but she wouldn't give up. When she calmed herself a bit, she would ask this woman if she had seen her stoic brother.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Oh, bless her heart... she was scared. Nervous. No need to be such around Chantille! Rising to her paws slowly, she dipped her head. Tail remained low and neutral as not to scare away the woman. She seemed to be around the same age as her. "Oh, goodness! You're fine! I was just smelling the flowers!" With a shrug of her shoulders, the creamy wolf turned, smiling at the blooming crimson and orange blossoms. Her chocolate toned eyes shimmered in the sunlight as she looked back to Jade.

"Lovely day, isn't it?" Her eyes now rose to the sky. "Glad the sun isn't beating down upon my back. Clouds are nice for a change." Her voice was smooth and silky as she spoke; her tones merry and calm. She wanted Jade to feel comforted in her presence. With eyes now back to ground level, she placed a milky paw before her and bowed. "I am Chantille." She usually did not give away her name immediately, but it seemed as if this wolf was no threat.
Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
(She is so sweet!)

Her whole body was trembling, her usual state these days. At least when meeting someone new. Ever since she had entered Relic Lore in search of her brother she had met wolves only when she was off guard. Which apparently was all the time. Swallowing hard as the creamy female spoke with soft reassuring words, Jade tried to still her beating heart and calm down. She was all right since this sweet female wasn't about to wipe her tiny form from the face of the earth.

Finally getting her nerves under control, Jade answered her introduction nervously, <b>"Y-yes, it's l-lovely. I-I-I'm J-Jade!"</b> She squeaked her name out in a small voice. This fae must think her a dim wit. She had assured Jade that all was well and yet her nervous stutter was ever there. It was embarrassing and she felt a too-familiar warmth creeping up her neck to make her face burn beneath her multi-colored pelt. She really wished that she could get over this constant state of jitters, but it seemed that it was to be her fate around new wolves for all time.

She tried to raise from her fearful crouch and managed only an inch, but she wagged her tail timidly to show that she was trying. She didn't want Chantille to get upset that she was acting so scared still, when she'd offered the paw of friendship and kindness.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
:D That's why I love playing her!!

Chantille smiled softly at the woman. She was still trembling, and it dawned on her that no matter what she did, she would remain like this. With a flick of her bushy tail, she took a careful step forward. "Jade, it's a pleasure to meet you! You do not have to be so nervous. I'm harmless, I swear." She chuckled at her own words; they were the truth. Secretly, though, she was a vicious fighter, one who would defend her Poisoned pack with all of her heart.

The clouds began to roll, allowing the sun to peek out for a few minutes. Looking upward, Chantille squinted, allowing a slight huh to erupt from her throat. Shrugging, she shook her head "Well, looks like I jinxed the nice break from the sun." Rolling her eyes playfully at her own words, she took another careful step toward the pretty Jade. Her eyes were gentle and calm, signifying that she meant no harm whatsoever.

"Please" Chantille began, "There really is no need to be scared. Do you not come across others often... if you don't mind me asking?" The stuttering that came from Jade had almost made Chantille frown, but she resisted the natural urge to do so. It tugged and ached her heart to see a beautiful wolf so fearful.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was not in the best mood. She was supposed to show her new
family that she could hunt. But how was she supposed to do that when the
damn deer keep getting away?! She eve lost a fawn this morning because
the damn thing could take turns better than she could in the mud. So now the
silvery yearling, still plastered with bits of mud on her legs, belly, and tail,
trotted away from the wet Willows and into a different area. She realized
that she'had not been in this meadow before. Wait... Yes she had been in this
meadow once before, but it was night when she found it. Now Narimé couldn't
believe that those inky dark flowers were this beautiful during the day. For a while she
sat in the middle of the rise and groomed what mud she could get off. Since the
mud was drying into a crust it was too hard to get most of the mud off her long
legs. Yet she managed to free her tail and belly from the awful muck.

A scent floated on the breeze. Wolves. Narimé was starting to get bored of
all the wolves she was meeting, but then again it was good to meet them.
I could always ask about her father if the wolves proved friendly enough.
As Narimé stood up and began trotting towards the smell of wolves she began t pick out
individual scents. One scent in particular surprised her.
Chantille? She's here? Why? Shouldn't she be with her pack? Questions thrummed
through the yearlings head while she picked up her pace. She was almost close
enough to see them now. Chantille's white coat, and another creamy grayish wolf.

"Hello?" She yipped a hello announcing her presence so the other wolves
wouldn't get nervous or something. Though Narimé didn't think Chantille would
be nervous of her.
"I don't mean to interupt anything. Just tell me if I'm bugging you and I will leave." She
spoke quickly smiling and wagging her slightly muddy tail. Hopefully she wasn't butting
in on something important.

Inactive No Rank
Jade Kaldorr
She was really starting to relax. Well, at least as much as she ever did around an unknown wolf. This pale fae was sweet and soft-spoken and had a way of soothing Jade's nerves that the little wolf found quite surprising. She found herself letting her tense muscles relax a bit more and a shy smile crossed her face. <b>"N-no, not really."</b> She started to answer. She wasn't sure what else to say and was trying to think of something. She really wanted to get to know this woman. She was really going out of her way to comfort her and Jade appreciated the effort.

Just as she was about to ask about Chantille, another silver fae came out of nowhere, yipping an introduction. Jade nearly jumped out of her skin, giving a startled yelp as she stepped back into a low crouch once more. She was a trembling mess, all over again. Her ears were pinned back against her head again as she looked at the young woman that couldn't have been much more than a yearling, yet was already larger than himself. The girl seemed friendly enough, but that didn't get her out of her fearful crouch. She gave Chantille a brief look, pleading for help. In the short time they'd gotten to know one another, she'd started to trust the creamy pelted wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Chantille could feel the tension in Jade begin to ease as she spoke her soft words toward her. With a grin upon her maw, her tail swayed low. Suddenly, there was a voice. A high, feminine voice. The silvery wolf bounded over the rise. Narimé. She began to smile a toothy grin but stopped as she saw Jade begin to shake once more. The dusty colored woman shrank, fear apparent within her eyes. Frowning now, Chantille spoke quietly to her, walking up before her. "Jade, dear, it is ok. Narimé is a young, kind wolf with a lot of spirit. Please, do not be afraid."

She hoped her words would mend the poor wolf's fear, but there was not much she could do otherwise. Chocolate toned eyes looking back to the long-legged girl, she wagged her tail steadily. "Narimé, good to see you again!" Her voice was joyous, and she dipped her head politely to her. As the wind blew gently, her ears fluttered and she tilted her head. Narimé smelled... different. Was she in a pack? She did not want to question Narimé immediately. She would wait. Meanwhile, she continued to smile warmly at the wolf.