506 Users Online
Bing, Google

Shudder, Don't Stutter — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 136 posts.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea
Around midnight. Cool.

Her footsteps carried her quietly; her pale eyes scanned the woods. Moss crept up trees, the soft green texture meeting her pelt as she lithely paced through them. She was looking for a late night snack, but had no luck thus far. Why not? Her question was soon to be answered.

As she crept along, a hiss began to rush through the trees. It was subtle at first, but grew louder and louder. Pakuna felt her heart begin to race as she stopped dead, turning her frame to gaze around. There was nothing there. Pursing her lips, she squinted as if it would help her spot the suspect. Nope. Nothing. Straightening her body back out, the brown toned wolf began to pad forward again. As soon as she walked by a large cracked rock, the hiss returned. This time, a wooooo noise followed... it was almost ghostly.

"Trees..." Pakuna mumbled, eyes narrowing as she threw her head back to look behind her once more. The trees were barely moving. What the hell? Grunting in irritation, she continued to walk now, her pace obviously quicker than it was before...
(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2012, 12:40 AM by Pakuna.)
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane had been on patrol when he caught wind of the now-familiar scent of a still unknown wolf. It was leading away from the territory in a southerly route to an area he had passed through as a loner. He had decided to follow the pack female for more than one reason. If she were hunting, perhaps he could lend a paw. Also, he was looking forward to meeting all of the members of his new pack. As he'd patrolled, he became familiar with the distinct smells of all of his pack mates, yet he'd met none, other than Aeylen and Nina (and Volkan before he'd joined the pack). So, he followed in hopes of getting to know the mystery woman attached to the earthy perfume.

As he trailed her, strange sounds seemed to whisper through the trees, and yet there was little wind. He paused and looked around, curious about the oddity, but still more interested in staying on the trail of his elusive pack mate. The sounds were almost a hissing now and made the hair on his neck stand up. Then they paused momentarily. Just as he was smoothing his fur back down, it started again. <i>How very strange...</i> he thought to himself as he quickened his pace to gain ground on the fae before him and ignoring the sounds that reminded him of a giant ghostly serpent. Not one prone to daydreams, or even nightmares for that matter, Sloane shook the feeling off and continued on his way deeper into the woods.
Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">The moon was high, and the air was silent. Nothing seemed to be moving in the night except another female, Nina. Even though it was late the golden brown beauty had made her way to the borders, a pep in her step once again. Sloane had helped her grow her strength up once more, along with Kashikoi and Pakuna. She appreciated the help of her pack mates highly and wouldn’t deny their help. . .for even she, had to admit that she needed it. Tonight she was marking the borders once again, the scent of Copper Rock Creek high in the air. She would not have the borders unmarked by her, for she didn’t trust other wolves around. She had met many lone wolves straying far too close to the borders, and she had not welcomed that.

When she finally made it to the borders two other scents passed over her nostrils. Sloane and Pakuna? Why were they out so late? And out of the borders. . .her one good eye searched the area and she could scent no sign of danger, but the feeling of unease did not leave the young fae, and it was why she soon stepped over the borders and headed towards where the two scents were. They soon wrathed together and Nina could not tell the difference between them, but she did notice that one scent was much stronger than the other. Her paws padded effortlessly through the lands, knowing them easily, for this had been one of the first lands she had traveled through as a newcomer to Relic Lore.

Finally and soon enough, she came upon a clearing. The wind was screaming in her ears, making it seem as though strange things happened throughout the night, it kind of creeped her out, and the urge to run back towards the safety of the borders sounded extremely comforting to her. She didn’t want Ash popping out of a corner and tearing her throat out, much like he had the first time he had tried to kill her. She was mostly healed know, scars in the place of the scabs and her leg healing. She would no longer be able to run, she knew, unless it was a dire emergency, but even that would re-injure her leg. The only thing that was extremely obvious was her shut eye, oh how terrible it looked on her now, but her beauty had returned, and that was something she could easily live with.

The strong scent of Pakuna hung heavily in the air, and soon her brown furred friend came into her line of vision. Her ears pinned back on her head in slight submission and as she came closer to her pack mate she gave her a welcoming lick on the cheek. Her tail wagged slightly, showing her that she was happy to see her, but Sloane didn’t seem to be in her line of vision, and that worried her greatly, was he alright? She pushed it away as she greeted Pakuna in a soft voice, much like the one she had formally used when she had joined the pack, "Pakuna." Was the friendly greeting that she gave her friend, with a swift dip of her head in respect to the dominating female.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea

She continued along on edge. Hearing her heart pounding away, she was ready to rip apart anything that attempted to attack her. Pale eyes focusing in the dark, Pakuna nearly jumped when Nina came into view. She bit her tongue hard, wincing at the pain as the rustic taste of her own blood was apparent. Nina wagged her tail, tongue extending to lick Pakuna's cheek. With a grin, Pakuna returned the lick. "Nina. It be weird tonight, no? Be catchin' a midnight snack fur' meself, I am."

The woooo sound arrived again, and her head snapped to the side as she listened to it. It seemed to pass right through the tawny woman. With her smile now long gone, her shoulders shrugged before she peered back to Nina. "What be ye doin' out?" Ah, she could ask this question freely, due to being a higher rank than the woman. Nina could ask the same question, but Pakuna had already answered it.... she would not have been angered if she did ask, though. The woman was a saint with the amount of patience she possessed.

With her nose twitching, Pakuna tilted her head in curiosity as she waited for Nina's reply. The scent of another pack mate traveled in the night air, but she could not put a paw on who it was....
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
With his quicker stride he finally achieved his goal and came upon Pakuna. She was still a little ways away and hadn't seen him yet. Just as he was abut to call out to her in greeting and introduce himself a familiar face appeared and approached her from a different angle. His dear friend Nina. He smiled, seeing that much of her strength had returned now. He supplied her meat when he could and he knew that there were others in the pack that did as well. He was sure of Kashikoi's help. There was no doubt the young man was devoted to Nina!

He saw the golden brown fae approach the other in a submissive manner, so he knew that the unknown pack mate was higher ranked, but that really told him little else as Nina was the lowest rank in the pack. Then her remembered that the other female that he'd met before joining, Volkan, was Second. That meant that this female was ranked third. His female counterpart then. For now. With an air of confident friendliness he approached the pair. <b>"Good evening, Nina! Ma'am, I'm Sloane. Pleased to meet you!"</b> He tipped his head in respect to both of them. Despite him being a higher rank, Nina was his friend and she was a lady, so it came natural to honor her as well. <b>"It's a mighty strange night tonight, isn't it, ladies?</b> His voice was smooth, deep, and full of respect for the pair of them.
Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">The other woman seemed pleased to see her out and about as well and held her place when the lick was returned to her own cheek. She still had problems with other wolves touching her, unless she was extremely close to them, but otherwise, everything seemed to be alright. Her nose twitched as Sloane’s scent grew closer, and when Pakuna asked her question, her attention once again switched back to her dominant pack mate. The question she asked was a simple one, and she was glad to hear that the female was happy to see her.

She soon whispered, "I scented Sloane and yourself out of the borders. I just wanted to make sure you were alright." Her words were delicate, as soft as feathers and she was glad to have her voice back. She no longer held a raspy tone to her voice, it was once again normal, at least to her it was. One would have to lean in to hear what she was saying, just as they had always had to.

The sound of Sloane’s voice brought Nina out of her thoughts, and her head turned towards the sound. Her head tilted and she smiled at the male, her tail wagging happily. And she spoke slightly louder in hopes that the male could hear her, "Sloane!" A flush rose to her cheeks and her head dipped respectively to him before tensing as another out sound passed through the area. Her one emerald orb grew wide and her head ducked immediately. What were the odd noises?

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
The woods seemed so full of energy tonight. The wind gave
an eerie chill to the air and caused the leaves and such to shudder.
Burn was fine with this. In fact the ghastly air seemed to help him
think about stuff. With a snarl plastered to his face the black wolf weaved
in and out of the tree's; following the wind as it sped along the trail.
His black coat hid the ebony wolf perfectly into the shadows as he slid himself
eerily into the landscape.

"It's a mighty strange night tonight, isn't it, ladies?" The sound of some hick
voice grated upon the black wolfs ears. He'd wished he had scented the wolves before he'd
gotten so close to them so that he could steer clear of them, but of course the wind
wasn't on his side tonight. Instead it blew his masculine scent towards the other wolves.
He skipped over a moss covered boulder and stood before the three strangers just
watching them with his steely yellow gaze.

Maybe I should have just ran around them instead of going straight through. Burn
narrowed his eyes and lowered his head as the scent of pack wolves rolled over him.
Someone over there is a pack wolf, or perhaps all of them are... He noted while
he watched. Hotei gave them no hint that he was going to give
them a name. At least not until they asked for it.
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2012, 03:50 AM by Hotei.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]
Inactive V. Advisor
Pakuna Atea

She was glad Nina was here. Something in the woods just didn't seem.... right tonight. "Sloane. That be his name, eh?" she mumbled as the wolf approached. He was very friendly, offering a greeting to the two women, then introducing himself to the strange-speaking Pakuna. With a warm smile, the brown toned woman dipped her head "I be Pakuna, Sloane. It be a pleasure indeed."

He was a handsome wolf, and his personality was quite the bonus. "It be strange alright. Dunno where de strange noises be comin' form. Ne'er heard things like it before, I tell ye." Shrugging, she frowned now, awaiting the hear the creepy noises flood through the woods once more, but it remained silent. Strange.
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2012, 04:10 AM by Pakuna.)
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane's ears perked as he listened to the unusual speech of the mystery lady. He could now put an image and a name to the scent of his formerly unknown pack mate. <i>Pakuna.</i> He smiled and gave the older woman a bow in greeting.<b>"Neither have I,"</b> the over-sized wolf admitted in regards to the strange sounds of earlier. Despite the sounds, this evening's trek had at least given him the chance to meet one of his pack mates, so it was turning out just fine. Until the wind shifted.

It brought with it the scent of another wolf, male. Sloane's hackles rose, just a bit and his head and tail came up high as he scanned the area. His keen eyes were unable to pick out anything in the darkness, but he knew that the wolf was near. Then he came, seemingly straight out of the darkness to stand before them, bold as you please and silent as the strange noises from a few minutes earlier.

Sloane took a confident step forward, standing tall and said, <b>"I am Sloane, and this is Pakuna and Nina."</b> He took the liberty of introducing them all, indicating the females with a tip of his head as he said their name. <b>"May we know your name?"</b> They may not have been on pack territory, but if this dark stranger had any thought to do any of them harm, Sloane's posture showed that he intended to defend these ladies of his pack. The way the stranger had presented himself and said nothing just didn't feel <i>right</i> and Sloane's protective urges were on high alert. He wouldn't think of starting anything, especially on neutral ground, but if the other were foolhardy enough to do so, the large russet male would finish it. Decisively.
Knight of Honor
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
His yellow eyes narrowed as he stared down the rusty gray male
wolf. He had no intention of giving them his name, and neither would he be
frightened by the male who seemed to think he was strong enough to stand up to Burn.
With a face as passive as his voice Hotei answered smoothly.
"My name does not need to be known to those I am just passing by..." His ice cool
voice reverberated through the tree's. The black male neither lowered his head nor
his tail as he watched the strangers. Sloane?Pakuna? Nina? Bah! Such non useful
shit.
He stood rigid and still as the tree's around him and waited for their
reactions. Hopefully he would just be able to pass through.

Quickly he seperated his hard yellow stare from each wolf and looke past them.
The land that he wanted to traverse was behind these wolves. His home was
behind these wolves. He did not care if they were from some pack. Though their pack
scent had an air of familiararity to it. Like some distant memory was pulled from Hotei's
brain and plunged onto a plate. He remebered something of their pack scent from long
ago. Before the fire had set his family apart. But the ebony beast could not catch the
meaning of his memory. No other Tainns are left... I am the lone one..The lost one...

"Please allow me to pass." Were the only words he spoke now as Hotei's
bright gaze settled upon the wolves once more.
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2012, 03:42 PM by Hotei.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]