My O My... — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
The marsh sounded a beautiful whisper as the wind caressed
the long grasses. Ripples on the water betrayed life as it swam
under the surface. Another ripple trailed along after the large bodied
beaver as it traveled upstream to find more tree's to work on.
The sound of long legs getting sucked into the mud underwater
was the only disturbance. A gray wolf struggled to wade into the water
heading towards the direction of the beaver.

Maybe this was a bad idea... the silvery pelted wolf flinched
at the noise of her legs as she pulled them out of the vacuum-like mud.
She nosed the reeds as she passed by them to find the direction the beaver
had disappeared in. Here it is... The female continued to follow the musky
smell of the large aquatic rodent. Even if there was no chance at catching it
Narimé wouldn't be deterred. She would try to figure out a way no matter how long it took.

After a half an hour of slow wading, and "slurping" while her legs plunged into
and out of the mud, Narimé finally began to scent more and more of her quarry.
Her purply blue eyes widened as she took in her newer surroundings. Marsh was
still the dominant landscape, however the tall tree's of cedarwood forest
surrounded the area now. It seemed like some sort of creek was running from the
forest and into the marsh. The sounds and smells of the forest were welcoming to
the yearling and she almost climbed out of the water to go exploring. Until she heard
a "shhwwaaaaack!!!" on the surface of the water to her right. The young wolf jumped
and stumbled around in the sucking mud with her hackles raised. Whatever had made
the noise had surprised and scared her out of her fur.

For a few minutes she looked at the spot where she'd heard the loud noise.
Then a little head popped up from underwater. The beaver was taking a breath
of air and watching the wolf with wary brown eyes.
The she wolf watched the beaver curiously but when she tried to take a step
towards it the animal smacked the water loudly with its tail and plunged underwater again.
The second "Shhhwwaaaaaaack!!" had surprised the young wolf again however this
time she was not afraid of it. Instead she felt even more curious about the large rodent.
So that's what was making the noise? Is it trying to scare me away? She laughed
and smiled at the silly brown furred creature.

"If I'de been on dry land and not stuck in this mud when I heard you the first time
I probably would have run away and let you be!" She laughed again waiting for the
animal to come back up for air. After waiting for a few minutes she realized
that it wasn't coming back up.
Where'd it go? She began wading around again scenting for the creature
around the plants growing in and above the water. She didn't think to look at the
large clump of logs and twigs about ten feet away to her left for the beavers scent.
She wasn't knowlegable enough to know that beavers lived in dams, and
that there was one right next to her. I'm not giving up though!

Played by Bridget who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vium Nysot
He emerged from the forest, traveling into the tall weeds that surrounded the bodies of water within the marsh. He did not care how much noise he made; he was not hunting, so what did it matter? The grasses swished as he stepped on and through them with little care. His mind was blank; no thoughts ran through them. He was bored out of his wits. What a damn pity. No scheming, no trickery, nothing. He was just bored and thirsty.

As he stepped out of the long grasses, his paws began to sink downward on the wet grasses. Nose wrinkling, his face formed a snarl, but he remained silent. Almost appearing to be marching, Vium made his way toward the water for a drink. As he approached, he lowered his head and outstretched his neck. Jaws parting and tongue lolling, he prepared to lap greedily at the slightly rippling waters.

Just as his tongue was about to touch the cool water, there was laughter. It shattered the air like a mirror breaking on the floor. Bringing his head up, Vium gazed around, brown eyes looking for the owner of such a chuckle. A silver figure caught his eye. Brow raising, he observed her quietly. Why was she just staring at the water? The girl said something to the water, but Vium was not close enough to understand her words. Looking on in disgust, he lowered his head once more, this time actually lapping up water.
<center>user posted image</center>
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Playing the beaver I guess..

Narimé heard a noise far behind her. The sound of grass being broken
and bent by a heavy weight. For a second she was frightened again and tried
to turn awkwardly towards the noise. Then she felt a little more relaxed when another
wolf looked up at her then began drinking again. Narimé was a bit curious but since
the male wasn't talking she wouldn't try to bug him. "Slurp! slurp!" the she wolf flinched
every time she took her long legs out of the mud and placed them elsewhere.
All the yearling was trying to do was turn herself a bit in order to watch the male. She
didn't want to be too careful. Not all wolves were nice.

Bubbles surfaced between Narimé and the thirsty male. Then a head popped up to
the surface of the water again. Narimé growled at the beaver as it swam easily between
the two wolves. Then as she tried to jump towards the creature it smacked the
water a third time with its leathery tail. "Shhhhhwwwaaaack!!!!" The loud noise rattled
the yearlings ears, but she continued to dive after it. Unfortunately the mud
sucked at her limbs causing her to fall short face and first into the murky water. She picked her
head out of the water and shook her now muddy gray head.
"And there it goes again...." She growled looking for the creature that had once again
dived under the water. She had no clue of course that it was trying to drive her and
the male now away from its dam. The dam which held little baby beavers. The yearling
also didn't know that the beaver she had just seen was actually the mate of the previous
beaver she'd been chasing.

"I'm sorry to be bothering you sir." She gave a short apology to the male who was
just trying to take a drink. She felt bad for him, he had probably come from the woods
for some peace and quiet. But the large rodent and Narimé's splashing probably wasn't
helping him achieve peace.

Just before she turned around to continue her search she stumbled to face him again.
"Hey have you met a male white wolf with dark gray running down his back to his tail?
He would be about four to five years old?" She asked quickly. The quicker he'd give an
answer then the quicker she'd would continue on her hunt and leave the male alone.

Inactive No Rank
Vium Nysot
A brown head surfaced between the wolves. Vium raised his head curiously, water dripping from his chin as he did so. A beaver. Fascinating creatures they were, with their massive teeth and ability to bring down a large tree. He flinched as the aquatic creature smacked its tail on the water. The loud thwack! seemed to echo across the water. Releasing a growl at the beaver, he looked to Narimé, who had done the same.

I'm sorry to be bothering you, sir. Vium blinked and widened his eyes as the silver girl neared. Sorry? What the hell did she have to be sorry for? Was she trying to catch the beaver? The thought of such almost made him chuckle, but he held it in. Instead, he just stared at her. "If you are trying to catch that bastard, you never will..." His voice trailed off. Should he not break her hopes of catching it? Whatever. Tossing his head back, he listened to the question that soon erupted from her mouth.

"No." He answered her simply, bringing his face down to her level. She was a lean wolf on long legs. She would be pretty when she was older. Being young, he did not feel the need to hold a cruel attitude against her. "I have been here for a few days. Haven't seen many wolves."
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2012, 04:58 AM by Vium.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé dipped her head to the older wolf. She still
wasn't getting anywhere with her search. With a sigh she turned
back around and looked out at the water. Maybe he's right. I'm never
gonna catch this sucker.
She debated on going back into the deeper area
and getting herself more muddy. She wayed the risks and decided to move forward.
The she wolf eyed the water hungrily and shivered as she felt it travel up her belly
and half way up her sides. The sound of sucking mud deminished as she strode into deeper
water, but the mud also seemed to get deeper. Just as the beavers head popped up again
and floated around her she felt panic clutch at her chest. The young she wolf couldn't
move her paws. Her legs were stuck deeply in the mud.

The beaver chomped its teeth together giving loud warnings to the two wolves. Narimé
could almost believe that the damn creature was laughing at her. She was so embarassed
as she struggled desperately to loose herself from the grips of the evil mud.
A few curses strung out between the beavers clicking teeth as the she wolf struggled
in the deeper part of the water. Right now she hated herself for walking stupidly into
the deeper water, and she hated that there was another wolf here to see her foolishness.

At least I'm not sinking any further into the mud. Then I would be in real trouble.
but how am I gonna get out of this?
the silvery mud covered yearling loathed the idea
of asking the male for help. Especially since she didn't know him. So she continued to
try and free herself in vain.
"Gosh dammit!" She barked a snarl at the water and at the beaver who seemed to reply
with a smack of his tail on the waters surface.
"Yeah I wanna leave you alone too but I can't at the moment!" She growled at the brown
rodent and continued her determined efforts for freedom.

Inactive No Rank
Vium Nysot
Vium watched as the long-legged girl got stuck in the mud. He stood now, staring, mind actually allowing thoughts in. He was taken back to the chase in the mud where he nearly tore an intruder to bits. The scene was vivid in his mind; something he would not forget. With a shake of his head, he cleared his mind, bringing himself back to the here and now. Stepping forward, he spoke calmly to the young woman. "Lean backwards, and pop your front paws out first."

With a swish of his tail, the mysterious man now stepped around the muddy area, watching as Narimé struggled. The beaver began to chatter; its teeth clicking together over and over again. He was laughing at her. Smirking slightly, he leaned forward, instructing her further: "Then, turn your body without moving your hind paws. Plant your front feet down after you turn, then lean forward and pull your hind legs out... and repeat. It may look silly, but it does work." Hopefully the girl was not naive enough to ignore his assistance and attempt to struggle. If she did, though, he would laugh.

The beaver disappeared once more beneath the surface, leaving a few bubbles behind. He was sick of being toyed with and toying with the silvery wolf. The game was getting boring. Narimé knew she could not get him, but now she was stuck. Vium stood still now, awaiting to see if she would follow his words or not.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was so embarassed now. She felt so stupid and dumb and
now the male was trying to help her and she still felt dumb. I am never going
after a beaver again!
She closed her eyes and thought about the movements
she would have to do. She could imagine herself doing as the stranger said and
in her minds eye she could watch the wet-poor-excuse-of-a-wolf slapping her mud
caked paws onto dry land.

"I hope this works..." She puffed out her chest and tried pulling her two front
legs out at the same time as the male directed, but when she tried to do so her
back legs seemed to sink further in. "Are my back legs supposed to be completely
stuck in mud while doing this?" She questioned him as she continued to balance her weight
onto her haunches. A loud sucking noise greeted the two wolves just before she
pulled both front legs out.
"I guess so.."She smiled in a begging position with her to front legs pulled to her chest.
Then she twisted her body slowly and reached her front legs out in front of her towards
the shallower water.

Once she freed her back legs up she continued the slow journey back to land
doing the awkward "Waterwolf" dance in the mud.
Narimé was far too embarassed to speak anymore even though she knew she should
thank the guy for helping her. Not all wolves would have done that. Most of them
probably would have just sat there and laughed at her.
Would Sloane have laughed at me? She snorted and smiled Yeah he would have
but then he would be helping me out at the same time..
She wagged her sad little tail
and dragged her front paws out onto dry land first.

"You're right... It does work.." She spoke softly with her head held low in a depressed manner.

Inactive No Rank
Vium Nysot
With silence claiming him, he stood and watched as the young woman began to pull her front paws from the mud. She was in the mud deeper than he had expected, but fortunately his advice had been successful. Nodding his head at her words, he grumbled "Well, now. Didn't expect a young girl like you to know how to handle such a situation..." He turned his head slightly, eyes still upon her. She was doused in mud.

He flicked his head to the left, pointing his muzzle toward the pool of water he had passed to get to the muddy one near Narimé. With a shrug, he made another suggestion "Perhaps you should hop in the water over there. Seemed a lot...clearer than this one." He turned away from her now, tail swishing behind him and missing Narimé's nose by an inch. The black coated man padded slowly toward the clearer water. It was surrounding by rich emerald grasses rather than mud.

He stood at the edge, gazing at his own reflection. Cold, dark eyes glared back. Remaining motionless, Vium stared until he could not help but blink. He brought his front paws violently forth, splashing into the water and ruining his reflection.
(This post was last modified: Jul 14, 2012, 12:47 AM by Vium.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé picked her head up a bit by the mans words
and then began to pad forward to a cleaner pool of water.
This clearer water was being fed by the clean stream coming from the
forest. The girl stepped into the water and felt a chill run straight up
her spine. Her fur tingled with the chill in the streams clear water.

Wow that's cold!" She yipped quickly then began to quickly
try rubbing off the mud with her muzzle from all over her body.
Why is this water so much colder than the marsh water? the
silver girl had no idea why it was like this.
Maybe it's all in my head... She thought silently then shook
her belly fur dry. She finished cleaning her bottom half from her
haunches to her stomach and chest. Now she was working on her back
front legs and head. Narimé watche the male splash at the water and
wondered why he did it. The guy didn't seem to be playing nor enjoying
himself. No he rather looked serious. Was he looking at his reflection?

A few minutes went by and the gray wolf finished cleaning off all the
mud from her pelt. She looked shiny and new again as the dappled sunlight
struck her monotoned coat.
"Thank you very much sir..err..What was your name again?" She cocked her head
suddenly remembering that she hadn't heard it before and that what she just asked
was probably something he wouldn't want to answer.

Inactive No Rank
Vium Nysot
Vium's eyes gazed at his now rippling reflection. With a snort, he looked at Narimé. "Vium." He spoke his name bluntly and did not add his last name purposely. Why would she care, anyway? Without asking her of her own name, he turned, padding out of the water almost silently. "....And you're welcome." It would be wrong to say that Vium was socially awkward. He chose his words carefully; with tactful taste.

Shaking his pelt out, he looked to the tall grasses in which he had emerged from. "You from a pack?" Vium asked only because he wanted to know who was around him. He wouldn't really care if he was within a pack's territory; he could defend himself. Surely they'd gang up on him and rip his pelt off, though. Nah, he was smarter than that. The dark man possessed a keen nose.

While he awaited her reply, he found himself almost magnetically attracted to the water. He padded back over to it again, this time without stepping in it. Eyes were glued on his own reflection once more.