302 Users Online
Google, Aquene, Bing

Travelers Defense — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
(Posting: Shadowstorm, Treena, Athena)
Shadowstorm continued forward, warily on her paws. <i>How much longer can I continue if I'm worn down, and nearly starved and injured as well?</i> She wondered, thinking of her paw. Follko was right, it was worse then she thought. But she didn't show it. She insisted it would be OK and hid the injury to the point were only an expert in the medical field would be able to detect it. She thought of the achievement of success. <i>I won't let you down father or mother, or my brother Shade. I can't let them down.</i> She thought that specific thought over and over whenever she started to doubt making it any father.

<i>What would Shade do if he where nearly starved and couldn't find prey?</i> She wondered. She was searching for her brother, she had caught his scent, she could have sworn it. She realized when she had run into some wolves that he could have survived. He could be here in the Wildwood searching for her or trying to forget her. But she believed that he cared too much to forget her. She continued forward still, searching for more prey.

She scented a small rabbit nearby. She stalked it carefully, knowing that this rabbit was once again, life or death for her. She stalked it some more before leaping onto the rabbit and killing it by crushing it's neck. She quickly ate it, savoring the flavor and then cleaning her face of the blood afterward. She continued forward, slowly.
(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2012, 05:27 AM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Well, I've finally got the muse to post today(:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AthenaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">
It was all a mask. Her cheerful and encouraging self was all just a cover-up. Deep feelings of abandonment and depression were beginning to come back once again, seeping into her heart and soul like a dark, deadly cloud. Depression's dangerous tentacles were wrapping themselves around her heart, but Athena still tried to fight it. Everyday, she tried to wake up in a positive mood, hiding everything for the cubs. Once, she was out on her own, however, all masks and cover-up smiles faded and all that was left was emptiness and sorrow in her heart. She didn't want to talk about with Tlarx; she didn't want to bring him down with her. Instead, she laid in her own puddle of despair.

The sun was shining all around, making the lake glow like always. Gentle breezes rippled through her long, white coat, as she walked away from the den. No matter how bright and encouraging the sun was, the dark cloak of sadness hung on her like a soaked blanket. Her head was held unusually low. Her tail hung limp at her feet, but she kept her feet moving. Maybe she could walk it off. Or perhaps, if she ran far enough away, it wouldn't eat at her so much. Either way, she couldn't stop. She needed to keep some part of her moving.

The metallic smell of blood was nearby as well as the unfamiliar scent of a loner. Definitely female. All that she was worried about was that whatever she killed better have been off her territory. Now that she had something to do and she couldn't present herself as a mopping slob, she quickened her steps towards the lone female. Soon enough, she saw the dark figure chowing down on a rabbit. Her tail rose in dominance and her head was held regally as she approached the female. The white lady stopped about 20 yards from the female, looking down at her with her calculating, fiery eyes. "I do hope that you caught that rabbit off my lands."

|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
(YAY! Warning, Shadowstorm is quite rude and vicious)

Shadowstorm turned, her lip curled in defense, she was protective at the moment, "<i>Your</i> land?" she questioned, anger overtook her. The younger and bigger fae trying to show dominance made her even angrier. "Tell me now, why should I starve myself and practically kill myself just because of a rabbit on <i>your</i> lands?" she questioned, trying to make the strange wolf see her reasoning for not caring. The black wolf looked up at her. "I could care less where the rabbit was, I'm trying to live, I would suggest you do the same, but I see that you seem to be well fed. Well it's not like that for everyone so stay out of it will you."

She was pissed. She shifted her weight a bit in discomfort, displaying no hint of fear or pain in her eyes, she held her gaze at the white wolf. Inside her mind, her body and her soul were all screaming, burning from the leg injury. <i>I should have let Follko help, if not, then this wouldn't have happened. None of this, I would have been healed and could have stayed in Ghastly Woods. But I scared all the prey away there, I had to move, it was move or die. Now here I am, face to face with an over confident young, bigger wolf.</i>

"If I were you, then I would leave me alone, I'm on a mission and I will pass no matter what." Growling, her spine bristling with anger. <i>What have I done?</i>

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Athena's supposed to have 100 in strength instead of 75, they just haven't fixed it yet.(:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AthenaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">
Well, there goes the nice meeting.

Her hackles bristled immediately when the female's voice became aggressive. If aggression is what she wants, then she'll get it. Teeth now bared and a growl rumbled in her chest as she listened for a little bit as the female explained whatever excuse she could make up. She took a threatening step close to the smaller female. "Yes. My lands." She growled. What a day this was becoming. "If you haven't noticed, as you were too busy catching my pack's prey, that you are too close to my pack's borders." She said, her teeth still bared. She wasn't about to let this wolf just feed off Poison Path's food. If she wanted to find a free meal, go somewhere where they don't charge for it.

"I strongly suggest you leave now, or I will have to make you leave, myself." She spat again. It was funny how she was once a nice, polite wolf. However, her life has never been a fairy tale and it was showing. Another threatening step towards the black female may do it, if not, she has plenty of fighting experience under her belt. With her younger age, she has more stamina and strength. The female has two options, leave while she can or fight. Either way, Athena was going to make sure that this female gets away from her land. She couldn't bear see her children hurt or even worse killed.

Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
The larger fae took a defensive and aggressive stance that made a shudder of remembrance go through her. She remembered the night she became the only living member of the Slayer wolf line. Her brother, mother, father, all of the killed by an aggressive wolf like the wolf in front of her. It made her angrier. She couldn't stand that memory any longer, for too long it had controlled her thoughts. The memory a controller for her robot mind. She shook off the memory. "If I may ask, what is one rabbit on the outskirts of your territory? I have to live too. Or would you wish to kill a wolf over a scrawny rabbit?" She said calmly, barely succeeding to not sneer the words of put up a sly smile that would anger the wolf even more.

She took a step back to were she was before seeing the anger flare up when she took the step. Obviously they were protecting something or someone. Possibly pups, most likely. Perhaps she was near the pack leaders birthing den. Is that why this fae was so defensive over a rabbit? Shadowstorm pondered the thoughts. Naw, she figured that it was perhaps there was a prey shortage. A scrawny rabbit wasn't worth the aggression to a normal pack wolf if they were fed. But a starving or even slightly hungry pack wolf was a force to be reckoned with. What had she done to anger this wolf? Was she the female pack leader? Was she protecting her kits? These thoughts struck Shadowstorm. Is that why the female is acting so dominant.
(This post was last modified: Jul 16, 2012, 01:21 AM by Shadowstorm.)

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
As she waited for any movement or words from the older female, she stayed exactly how she was. Teeth bared, tail high, and a snarl on the brink or escaping her mouth. The black female began to talk trying to reason with her. The black woman didn't entirely have to fear for her life as long as she made the right choice of leaving without resisting. If not, then there was something to fear. "You're taking potential prey for my pack and cubs. My pack has to live too and if I have to, I will kill you if it comes to that." She said, her anger was upheld for a moment.

If this female wanted to be civil, then she'll be civil, but once she gets aggressive again, it'll be over. She'd be feeling teeth somewhere in her body. It won't feel nice, either. "I have children to take care of and a whole pack to feed. Every meal that we get is appreciated." She said, her teeth no longer showing. However, she was still in her dominating and defensive stance in case the woman thought anything. "If you need help living, find a pack to help you."

Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
(Should they fight?)

Shadowstorm was glad that the fae decided to be civil with her about this rather then attack. She had to proceed with caution, the slightest slip up in words would flare her up. But the notion of joining a pack was out of the question to her. Could she politely say the reason why without flaring the fae's anger. Her family considered joining a pack to be a sign of weakness. To let a wolf control you and to do that wolf's bidding because of ranking didn't feel right to her. "I had no knowledge that this was your packs territory. My thoughts and scents have been so jumbled after encountering so many wolves, lone and pack alike. I regret to inform you that no matter how hard a wolf tries to convince me, I can never join a pack. It's just not in my," she hesitated a bit, trying to think of a word for it, "beliefs."

She hoped that this would not flare the anger. Then the thought occurred to her. She was trying to protect her pack, well she herself was too protecting something. Herself and all the lone wolves who were to stray here in the future. So she had a kind of right to be here, she decided to wait for the fae's reaction to her recent comments before continuing. "I understand you have pups and a pack to feed. But that was the only prey I've found in days."

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
I'm all for it, but I do warn you Athena is healthy and strong. While Shadowstorm is still hurt (from what I've seen in other threads) and unhealthy from loner life. She wouldn't stand much of a chance against Athena

Her guard was always going to be up no matter what or how much the female in front of her calms down. Perhaps, the female didn't cross borders, but if she got the idea that it was okay to come so close to pack land it could give her ideas. Such as, crossing the borders just for a quick drink or a quick meal. Then the female could go scampering off to her buddies, telling them Poison Path was free range. Hell no. Not while she was leader. Her fur bristled on her back once again and her threatening teeth showed again as well. "I don't care about your beliefs. I only care about you getting away from my territory." She snarled, taking another step towards the female.

The female continued, but hesitated while talking. It would be wise not to say the wrong thing and anger the Leader further, but Athena won't be happy until the she-wolf was gone. Away from her and her family. "There is plenty of food elsewhere. Now, get out." She growled through her bared teeth. She took another step closer towards the female. Perhaps, that should get the message crossed. She snarled, staring the female down. She had three seconds. Get out or get a piece of her teeth.

One.

Two..

Three...

Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
(OK then, I've been waiting to say this just to prove the insane part of her that pisses people off, maybe Athena could almost kill her? Also, she's fed right now because she's just eaten a rabbit, it's just her leg that's the problem)

"How would you know about food elsewhere. You've only lived a comfortablepack life. An unnoble life if you ask me. Needing the help of others to live. Your <span class='word'>requisition</span> is null and void with me because your being rude. Normally I would have listened to a wolf who was calmer. You're just a stuck up, rude wolf. You may have a pack to defend, but I have myself to defend and I won't hesitate. As you can see, I'm not a threat to your pack or pups in this state and I don't exactly have friends or family to run off and back me up. So why are you even bothering with me?" She asked, taking a defensive position and curling her lip in anger.

She needed a good fight, her leg didn't sting, if it did, she was ignoring it. She was ready to fight, she nearly lept right there and then. But she remembered her brothers words, 'Let the enemy strike first.' She remembered the words clearly after all these years. She waited, snarling insults at the younger fae, she knew that she would have to be quick and smart to win this fight. "Packs are just a bunch of weak wolves, so why don't you just run back to your pups!" <i>Give me strength mother, father, brother, light my path.</i> She always thought those words before a battle. She knew no answer would be given to her request.

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Minou who has 113 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Treena Rose Hervok
<blockquote>Hope you don't mind~</blockquote>

Now that the pups were allowed out of the den, it was natural to spot Tlarx or Treena standing guard. The male had more duties, and couldn’t spend all day watching the border. So, early morning Treena set out. One lap around the lake in search for cougar, one lap around in afternoon, and every second between was spent watching, sniffing, and scent marking. If she was lucky, Salamander Man would stop by and chat. It didn’t happen too often. Though she often smelt Ava around Lost Lake too, the timber wolf had never actually spotted her. Most days the female sat on her boulder and watched. Visitors were rare. Scents were not.

It wasn’t as boring as it was relaxing, and very gratifying. Moments like these were full of excitement. Treena pursed her ebony lips and watched from the high grounds as Athena stood her ground to the loner, listening intently. She had watched it all unfold, each action, each word. She hadn’t spotted the black wolf before Athena though, which was upsetting. She would have loved to tear her to bits. It all frustrated her, the fact she hadn’t gotten there first. She hadn’t taken the rabbit from out of her jaws. She hadn’t ripped the female’s throat out. On one shoulder the woman wanted to instantly jump in anyways, but that wasn’t fair to Athena. The leader had been cooped up in her den with the pups for so long. A good fight may be just what she needed to get back out there, to use her muscles again.

Plus, the black wolf seemed to possess little threat. If Treena had thought Athena in danger, she would have been happy to take her place as a fighter, maybe even used the excuse “do it for your cubs”. The loner looked old and starved. Athena was badass, healthy, and fit. The fight would be quick, and harmless. So, Treena pursed her lips and accepted it. Athena could take it as a gift. This fight was hers. What Treena wanted most was the remaining rabbit, and she’d be damned if she didn’t get it. So, she jumped off her platform and made her presence known. She landed almost silently, paws impacting the blow. Her head was low, but her tail was high, dominating over the loner. Her eyes were blazing, fur bristling, fangs exposed, chest out, but she stopped herself before standing beside Athena. Instead, she stood behind. She wouldn’t get in the way.

It was clear she had no intention of joining in. She would just watch and make sure Athena didn’t get hurt, and that the remaining rabbit meat returned to the rightful owners. Her tail slightly wagged as a hello to her alpha, fighting back the urge of a better welcoming. There was a time for embracing and a time for serious ass-kicking. While Treena often got the two confused, she was sure now was the time for ass-kicking, because it was always time for ass-kicking.
user posted image