(See All?) Announcements
490 Users Online
Bing

I walk this lonely road.... — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade was carefully smelling the surroundings for any hint of wolf or prey. Too many encounters with vicious wolves made him wiser, more careful, more skilled. He kept thinking back to his sister. He would never find her so he gave up all together. She probably wasn't even in Wildwood. Probably somewhere else, living the excellent life of a lone wolf with the skills he had taught her. He was near the lagoon, the Iridescent Lagoon, the largest water source in the Wildwood. He searched for prey, scenting a deer, but he can't catch it by himself, so he continued to settle for rabbits. With his luck, he scented one. He would eat good while he was here since the lagoon attracted so much prey. He stalked it carefully, making sure he got the prey. He lept and landed on it. Crushing it's neck with his paw, he killed it.

Shade headed to the small cave right by the lagoon to eat his prey. The cave was his temporary den. He enjoyed it, reminded him of his puphood home. He ate the rabbit, savoring each bite. He'd been well fed with a steady supply of rabbits since he arrived at the lagoon. He cleaned his paws, getting all the blood off and licked his muzzle clean. He left and drank a bit out of the lagoon as he swore he scented another wolf or two. If he was right, he would surely end up running into them sometime. When, he was unsure of that.

Since he had heard of the packs of Wildwood and seen them. He had been at war with himself. He wanted to join a pack. But he didn't want to disgrace the Slayer line. He now realized he had to make a choice. Find a pack and be a loyal member to defend said pack, even with his life. Or he had to turn away, keep the Slayer line a lone wolf line and continue the hunt for his sister. He took a few hours debating and conferring the facts, plusses and delta's of each thing. He reached a deadlock. So he decided, he'll keep looking for Shadowstorm unless he finds a pack that he would be suitable for.
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Kydnt who has 95 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
Skana had never felt more alone in her life. The warm caress of summer air only reminded her of last summer, the summer during which her mate had died, and things had begun to turn upside down. She shook her head, correcting her thoughts. Last summer he was <i>killed</i>. Skana knew it was no "hunting accident" as they had told her. She knew not the details of the murder, but she was sure the worthless mongrel who had taken Skana's pack had arranged it. Not only had that wolf and her followers taken dear Kawak from her, but turned her own pack against her. Skana was forced to leave and nearly torn apart in the process. Having no place or reason to stop she moved steadily, slowly eastward.

Eventually, the brown female had arrived at a large, shimmering lake, which she would make a thankful respite from her travels. The old, arthritic joint in her front paw was starting to ache uncomfortably from all the walking she had done recently. She concentrated on not limping, desperate to cling on to whatever dignity as an ex-alpha she had left. She kept her head and tail held high, as if she feared nothing. Truly, she just hoped no stronger beast would see her weakness and decide she would make an easy meal. The crone still had fight left in her, but she would rather save her energy and avoid such encounters if she could.

She paused at the edge of the water and slowly dipped her head, taking a drink of the cool water. It was then that the hairs on the back of her neck began to tingle, and her dark pelt twitched irritably, thinking one of her old scars was just acting up. The sensation didn't go away though, and she realized it could only be the sense of another's presence.

She turned her head, body following 'till she faced away from the lake. Tucked away into a stout rocky ledge, she noticed a small cave carved into its side that she hadn't noticed earlier. Even more troubling was the male perched right outside of the cave. How had she not noticed him? She cursed herself, her senses must have dulled with time more than she had expected. She lowered her head, her ghastly amber eyes staring level towards the golden furred figure, with her ears pricked forward. Her nostrils flared as she tried to catch his scent, and her tail raised in as a banner of confidence. She raised her lips the slightest amount, the tips of her yellowed teeth showing. It wasn't a full snarl, just the hint of threat. <b><span style='color:#663300'>"Why hello,"</span></b> She spoke, her voice deep and sure, showing none of the surprise she felt.
(This post was last modified: Jul 18, 2012, 03:01 AM by Skana.)
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
(He's no threat, at least, not physically. He can mess with brains though)

Shade knew it, there was another wolf. Surely not as dumb as that one he came across before he found Relic Lore. The idiot was mauled by his claws, and although he regretted it. He felt that she deserved it. When the new comer demanded his presence, he got up and padded over to her, posing no form of threat. "Hello, I'm Shade, may I ask you you're name? I am of no threat to you. Just a lone wolf. Noting big." He said, his eyes posing no threat, his ears perked curiously and his facial expressions normal. He was being completely honest.

Although, if the wolf continued to act like a threat, he would try to calm her. If it was impossible, then he would have to attack her and possibly kill her. He saw it, just a moment ago, a glint of pain in her eyes. "Are you hurt? as something happened to you? I can see it in your eyes. Is something wrong?" He asked. He felt obliged to this fae to calm her and help her out. She reminded him of his sister Shadowstorm. He then knew, his choice. He would join a pack. The fae he called his sister was either dead or healthy and fed. Whichever it was, it meant he had no one to protect. Except for maybe this fae in front of him. Did she need protecting? He knew that she was distraught at the very least. "One second, I'll be back." He said softly as he scented a rabbit. He used his hunting techniques to catch it. Returning with a plump rabbit in his jaws, he walked forward and set it at the wolf's feet and backed away. "Take it. I'm not hungry and you could use a meal."
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
Skana eyed the male cautiously as he approached, unsure of his motives. His words pacified her threat, and she lowered her lips to cover her teeth. He had asked her name, and so she gave it, lifting her head proudly as she spoke. <span style='color:#663300'><b>"I am Skana Coho, from Salmon River."</b></span> He seemed to be polite enough and she relaxed. Unfortunately, he had noticed the pained look that she had not been able to keep out of her eyes. Whether it was the soreness in the joints or the loss she had suffered which shown through, she could not tell. In any case, he had been observant enough to spot it. <span style='color:#663300'><b>"No, nothing is wrong."</span></b>She grumbled. It was a bold lie, nearly everything was wrong. This stranger did not need to know that, however. She did not want anyone's pity. She wasn't a pup, and it annoyed her that Shade was so concerned about her well being. Nosy wolf, was he?

Before she had a moment to think, Shade was off, a tawny blur off to who knows where. Unfortunately, it was with a promise to return. She wasn't going to stand around waiting for him, and if he wasn't back by the time she rested up enough to continue, she would just leave. Skana sat upon the ground and closed her eyes, nearly dozing off until she heard the footsteps of the male's return. His trip had been much quicker than she had expected. Her eyes reopened to see a dead hare hanging from his jaws, its fresh, warm scent wafting towards her. Her mouth watered involuntarily as she eyed the meal. Shade dropped the meat before her and asked that she take it. She glared at him and shoved the food away with her forepaw. It was a gift, she knew that, but it could only be taken as an insult to her. As desperately hungry as she was, she couldn't take handouts. She could still hunt, although it took her longer to catch things now than before, and she would go days between eating. She would only take food that had either been taken by her own fangs, or from a pack which she contributed some sort of work towards. Her pride would not allow her to take the hare. <span style='color:#663300'><b>"I don't want it. Take it, eat it, leave it for the birds. I'm not eating it."</span></b>
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade was puzzled by the female. Either she was mentally wrong or she was a pride figure in a pack. The nearly starved wolf <i>refused</i> food when she was starving. "Why don't you want it?" He asked. His head tilted slightly to one side with a questioning look. "I know I just met you, I'm being nosy in you're life, but I know somethings wrong. You look injured. I just can't tell if it's from a traumatic event or physical injuries or both." He stated. She was just trying to help.

He decided to make a bolder then usual moves. A few actually. "Listen, I've never heard of Salmon River, although it sounds like a pack. But it's been so long since I've tasted deer. I'll bet it's the same for you. Maybe we could hunt a deer. Since you wo't take the food I have offered like another lone wolf would have. I am to conclude you were a high figure in this pack you said you were from. You left or were forced out for reasons unknown to me leaving you a hungry lone wolf like me, like every lone wolf out there." He sid then muttered to himself to where, unintentionally, she could here. "Like my sister. She must be starving, I'm a fool."

He looked at her, "I'm not trying to be rude, or nosy, or anything like that. I'm just tryigto help. I've accepted help in my time. Every lone wolf has." He finished his arguement. It had just <span class='word'>deflagrate</span>d into his mind, he didn't even think before talking to her.

(I can change it if you think it's coming on to strong with knowing the history.)
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
Skana opened her mouth to give a scathing answer to why she didn't want it. Not even a squeak had left her throat before she snapped her mouth back shut, seeing that Shade obviously wasn't done speaking. She just stared as he chattered, the tip of her tail twitching in an annoyed fashion. She huffed and and narrowed her eyes, only able to wait until he finished talking. If he was going to ask questions, he could at least have the courtesy to wait and listen for her answer.

The male went on to assume that Salmon River was her pack, and she had been some sort of authority within it, which was true. The pack was named for the river that cut through their territory. It was an abundant place, able to support many animals, both predator and prey. It was a prime location, and the pack had never gone wanting. Skana bitterly thought that was likely the reason it had been taken from her.

Shade made an offer to accompany her on a hunt, and Skana's first thought was to reject the offer. She wasn't entirly too fond of this prying man. But the twisting clench of her empty stomach reminded her that it might be the only chance at food she would have for a while. She tried not to think of the rotting carcass she nearly ate the second week after she had left, before she had healed enough to catch her own food. She did not want to have to even consider scavenging again. A combined hunting effort would not offend her ego, and she could deal with Shade a little longer if it meant she would get a suitable meal out of it.

Wearily she stood and lifted her chin proudly. <span style='color:#5E2612'><b>"Yes, I had been the alpha of Salmon River pack. I will hunt with you. Maybe that will keep you quiet,"</b></span> It was with a smirk she said the last part, and not waiting for his reaction she sauntered past him, heading into the thin forest that surrounded the lake.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
<i>An alpha. Wow, that's why she refuses free food. She'd best get a lone wolf wake-up call soon or she'll be in trouble. She'll starve to save her pride</i> He thought as she sauntered past him into the forest. He heaved himself to his paws. He was trying to help because her attitude reminded him so much of his sister Shadowstorm whom he tracked to Relic Lore. Although nothing is ever like it seems now a days. He normally kept to himself. He didn't know why he was annoying this fae in particular. So he decided to keep quiet.

“Alright, I scented a deer near the northern edge earlier. I'll figure it's the best place to start.” He said, not knowing anything about deer hunting, he'd never tasted deer, only hares. He was sick of them. She'd no doubt had deer and knew how to hunt them. So she could retort back all she wanted about the best way to hunt a deer. He had no personal knowledge on the subject.

He stood beside her, not letting her show dominance over him. They were equal. In the hunt, in life, in everything except fighting which he no doubt thought he could easily beat her in and of course deer hunting where she excelled over him at. <i>May the spirits of mother and father light my path in this hunt.</i> He thought. He'd been raised to believe that dead wolf's spirits guide the wolves on earth to a better life, just in unknown ways. He waited for a response from Skana.
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
Skana didn't look to see if he had followed, but was sure that he was. At his mention of the deer near the northern edge of the lake, she simply nodded once to signal she had heard him. She turned north and followed the edge of the lake, careful to move quietly and stay hidden within the trees. Skana hoped that it wasn't an antlered buck that Shade had scented, she doubted just the two of them would be able to take one down.

As Skana rounded the north edge of the lagoon she kept her nose to the ground, searching for any sign of the supposed deer. The breeze coming from the lake carried the faint smell of deer, and she moved to the edge of the forest to look out. A satisfied smile settled on her face at what she saw. It was a young fallow deer buck, no more than two years old. He stood along the bank of the lagoon, munching away at the grasses that grew there. His antlers no more than two fuzzy, rounded tines on the top of its head, still growing beneath the velvet. If it were a little later in the year, those antlers would be sharp weapons. Skana would still have to be wary of the horns though. While they were not sharp enough to rip and tear, they could still leave bruises or break bones.

With a flick of her head, Skana motioned to the trees on the other side of the buck. <b>"I'll go over there, you stay here. At my signal, we'll both come out of the woods at the same time. Try and trap him between us and the water."</b> She whispered to Shade, amber eyes looking into his own brown ones. She had no idea what to expect as far as his skills went, but she hoped they would be enough. She would just have to trust him. <b>"And remember, go for the throat. His antlers won't be able to poke out your eyes, but still, avoid them,"</b> With those words, she turned and ran through the forest, surprisingly quiet for her great size. She positioned herself on the opposite side of the deer from Shade, though she couldn't see him from her spot.

The buck suddenly lifted its head high, eyes wide and nostrils flared as it realized something was wrong. Skana lifted her head, releasing a sharp, loud howl meant for Shade. Wasting no time, the brown wolf burst through the brush towards the deer, hoping she still had surprise on her side.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade followed the wolf, as Skana went to the northern side of the lagoon and kept her nose to the ground, searching for any sign of the supposed deer Shade had told her about, she was wiser in this field. When he heard her voice and her orders, he nodded and went to the specified location. The buck suddenly lifted its head high, eyes wide and nostrils flared as it realized something was wrong. Skana lifted her head, releasing the sharp, loud howl meant for Shade to move. Wasting no time, like Skana, Shade burst through the brush towards the deer, hoping to get him. He lunged for the throat. The antlers scared him a bit, but he continued. The buck was trapped between the water and the two wolves.

<i>I'm gonna eat good tonight, my first deer.</i> His thoughts clear, only the instinct to eat and kill the deer. He waited for Skana to make the first move. May as well. She was the 'expert'. She'd hunted deer before, unlike him. He looked the deer in the eye. It was like an understanding, the deer knew that it was going to die. It was almost like permission to eat it. It was silly thinking of course. But he felt it. Almost like a connection. <i>Bull-shit. This deer doesn't know a thing!</i> He convinced himself, snapping out of the trance. <i>The stupid deer should have run when it had the chance! It's dumb. Dumb maybe, but it'll be delicious.</i> He couldn't wait to sink his teeth into it. He couldn't help it, so he lunged at the thraot and bit down hard on it.
(This post was last modified: Jul 19, 2012, 02:30 AM by Shade.)
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
As Skana galloped towards the deer, the buck shied to the side, intent on avoiding the wolf. However, Skana noted with delight, it did not notice the wolf who was running up on its other side until it was too late. Obviously, the young buck had little to no experience encountering wolves. And hopefully, this would be his last experience with them. Skana kept Shade in her peripheral vision but her eyes were focused on the prey.

Sharp fangs clacked before the deer, Skana's teeth keeping it at bay and trapped against the lake. Shade had made a daring lunge and managed to wrap his teeth around the young buck's neck, the bite puncturing through the skin. Blood trailed down the deer's neck, but it started lashing out with it's front hooves at the wolves, trying to dislodge its attacker. Skana had to admire the fight the prey put up, but she wouldn't let it go. If an artery had been punctured in its neck, it would likely bleed out soon.

The buck was steadily backing into the water, trying to gain distance between the wolves while striking at them with its hooves. Skana dodged the flying cloven feet of the quarry and moved around to its side. She leaped at its shoulder and sunk her teeth into the flesh there, while shoving her fore-paws against its side. The deer's hind feet had been standing in the muck of the lake, just barely submerged. When Skana's full weight pressed against it's side, its hind feet slid in the lake slime and its rear end collapsed to the ground, the front half soon following. The two tumbled to the ground, with the young buck lying on its side and Skana standing on its body to keep it from rising again. She would deliver the killing bite but she was at the wrong angle for it. If she removed her weight from the prey, it would surely be off running faster than the big female could catch it. <b>"Finish it,"</b> she barked to Shade, her voice barely heard over the terrified bleats of the deer.