aim for my HEART — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
He had no desire to move, to do anything but sit here by the river and stare into Marsh's eyes forever. They were beautiful - he realized it now that he was allowed to look into them, to explore their depths with his own soft gaze. How strange, he mused quietly, blinking pale eyelids every once in a while. That iron can be so soft, too. The smallest of smiles played around the corners of his mouth, tugging at dark lips, and he barely realized that Marsh sat down. He wasn't looking, was barely alert: the only thing which would take his attention from the copper wolf would be something like a branch to the back of his head. An urgent shout from Corinna could probably break his trance too, but there was no reason, was there? The pups would hardly be let out tonight - they were too young yet, safe, nestled close to their mother in that dark, warm den. A den he had helped build, toiling side by side with the rest of his family. But this - this was different. Marsh was so much more than all of them others.

Ice had known the moment would have to pass, but it came all too soon, and a soft whine rolled from his throat and into the cool night air. But the whine changed into a soft laugh as Marsh's tongue brushed across the tip of his nose, and Ice gave his head a shake. The other wolf had sunk down in the grass, but Ice held back a moment longer, a pale sentinel in the darkness. His silver eyes roamed up to the slow falls of stars, and the myriad of tiny, silver specks above. They seemed infinite in numbers, some visible only from the corners of his eyes, some bright and dominant. His gaze trailed down, onto dark trees and rustling crowns, ears listening to the breathing of Marsh, the whisper of the river, and the distant chorus of the night; frogs and crickets, owls and foxes. And then, to the ground, blades of grass bending around the muscular, scarred frame of Marsh, muted red fur giving softness to his rough shape. Ice smiled again, looking for his eyes, before gesturing upwards to the sky. A streak of blue, another star falling. "Make a wish," he said lightly, pronouncing the words with care, so as to not make them unintelligible to the less verbal wolf.

And then, he, too, sank down, shuffling across the grass until his near-white side lay pressed against Marsh's warm flank. For a moment his breath was out of sync, but his body adapted its rhythm to fit the one of Marsh. In his chest, his heart kept beating, powerful but slow, his breathing even and deep. With a smile, Ice leaned his head in, cheek to cheek, nose to nose, resting it upon one large paw. His eyelids fluttered, contentment laying like a thick blanket across him. The world felt perfect, soft and gentle, the wind a lullaby whispered in his ears. They sank back into a relaxed position, and Ice allowed the subduing heaviness of inactivity settle in him, bones like lead and heart like embers; not flaring, hot and bright with energy, but pleasantly warm all the same. A simple breath was all it would take to send them blazing again, but he preferred this - this.. peace. A content smile drifted across his face, eyelids fluttering shut. Not yet asleep, but drifting, aware of the satisfying weight of his tired body, the warmth of Marsh beside him, the sounds of the night... Aware of his wish, the thought that rolled around in his head, and the flood of fierce warmth it washed through his soul.

I wish that this will never change.
.ice aesir

wrap it up or keep going? :] Ice is basically on the threshold between being awake and dozing, so it won't take more than a nudge to "wake" him up. ^^
let the stars above shine in your soul
Played by Siki who has 301 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Marsh Barrew
<blockquote><i>A wish.</i> Ice had searched for his eyes, and, obliging, Marsh had met them. It was the white wolf's way to speak carefully when he wanted Marsh to understand, and to honour the moment the copper wolf had done his best. <i>Wishing</i> was not a concept he was all that familiar with, but that seemed a theme of this night, so he rolled with it, toying with the idea as the lazy seconds passed. His gaze lingered on the trail of that last star, wondering at its significance. Was that what these wolves did with stars, wish under them?

He recalled the last evening that stars had fallen, and how Rhysis and Naira's traitors had filled the sky with their faint voices. Had they been wishing? What would traitors wish for? Had he not been so content, nor half so derisive of superstition, he may have feared for his pack, but he put little stock into <i>wishes</i>. You should not ask for what you cannot give yourself. All that Marsh desired was to be needed. As Second of Swift River, he had duty enough, but it was being the loyal subject of Corinna which satisfied him most truly. Was he complete?

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>What more did he need?</i></font>

Ice lay down, finally joining him, and it broke Marsh away from his thoughts for a moment. He felt the guardian's breathing change, and then at once they shared a rhythm. A warmth ran down his side where their flanks touched, his cheek, his nose. He sensed the manner of one falling into sleep, and after raising his eyes to the stars one last time, he closed them, at peace.

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>Nothing.</i></font></blockquote>