(See All?) Announcements
306 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Baidu, Google

Training time — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Han who has 116 posts.
Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
<blockquote>A cool morning had woken her up quite early. Some were already gone when she opened her eyes. Everyone seemed so enthusiast with the new pack. It made her smile to see everyone like that. Busy with their own task and make the pack stronger. Right know the sun was already high in the sky, there were some clouds hanging in the air but it didn't look like it would be raining any time soon. Just a while ago she had finished her short hunting on birds and bunnies. The fast sprint between her and the small animals always felt like a game. She was fast and getting them was easier for her than trying to take out some big animal who was trice her size.
Kyrie looked away from the sky. So what would she do? Her legs had taken her outside the border before she knew it. It didn't smell like this was claimed land by any other pack so it was alright. The wide meadow did make her think of the Fireweed but compared to that this meadow had <span class='word'>nary</span> flowers. The white wolf sat down and looked over the tall grasses. There was many time left and she didn't want to do nothing. Knowing the others were working hard on there own made her feel bad if she would lay down sleeping without doing anything. She still wasn't sure about her role in the pack. Hunter seemed the most obvious. She was fast and she could hunt small preys easier than others. She could chase a animal for like hours without taking a break. On the other hand, Narimé would be a perfect huntress after she reached adulthood. She had incredible legs and she would probably be a hard opponent in a run race. Maybe a teacher?
Kyrie felt a slight ache in her heart. Could she teach? She didn't felt any confidence in teaching cubs or taking care of them. She had failed one time already with her own, how could she take responsibility for the one of others. The white woman could not bear guilt, if something would happen she would most likely get a break down of her own guilt. No that wouldn't be a good choice, not yet. If she was a bit older maybe..

Frowning slightly she tried to think of something. Well Guardian wouldn't be fit. She was quite weak if she would say so herself. She had <span class='word'>nary</span> experience with fighting nor did she got much training in her power. Strength was like a major weakness in her. Her ears sprang up, wait, maybe she could train now. If not now then when should she? She could go and train, getting stronger so she could protect the ones she loved. Normally she always talked, cheering them up and supporting them while when it came to something phsycal she would only stand in the way.
Kyrie stood up ready to began her training with confidence. A couple of seconds ticked away without moving a inch. There was one problem.. How did she train alone if she didn't even know how she could train? A bit frustrated she began to think. She felt a bit troubled and ashamed, should she howl to someone? They would likely willing to help her but it felt like she would stand in their way. They had enough on there paws and than she would come bothering them asking for training like she was a cub. Her cheeks became a bit red while thinking of that. Luckily there was nobody to see it. Kyrie sighed, well she had little choice right? The white wolf raised her head to howl towards her leader. Maybe he could help, if he was not too busy of course..</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Koda was relaxing in the shade of one of the many willows that made up the majority of Willow Ridge's territory. The borders had been marked and the cache was filling nicely with offerings from Narim'e and Kyrie. He was pleased with their efforts for the pack. He had nary a worry for the well being of the pack as far as hunger went with the dedication of those that had been contributing to their stash of food.

Just as he was contemplating rolling onto his back to move his belly into the warm sunlight, he heard the voice of Kyrie calling for him. She did not sound distressed, so he didn't hurry overly much, but he did give her a brief, deep voiced howl to let her know that he was on his way. The voice came from the south and sounded a bit far off, so he was pretty sure that she was not in the willows. He picked up his stride a bit as he caught her scent headed towards the border. The trail continued and so did he until he finally caught sight of the young fae, looking a bit forlorn in the midst of the lush meadow.

As he approached the creamy brown fae, he raised his head and tail to display his rank, but his eyes were kind and questioning. She seemed perplexed about something, which was obviously the reason for calling for him. He was most curious to know what could have her so stymied in the middle of the meadow, with nothing but the long grass to be seen. He approached her and gently grabbed for her muzzle in the traditional show of dominance before stepping back and giving her a questioning look. "Kyrie, is everything all right?" His smooth voice held a hint of concern as he wondered what could be troubling her.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
<blockquote>

After her howl she felt a bit stressed and relieved on the same time. Relieved that she would have some guidance in her training, stressed that she might have bothered Koda. Soon she heard the low male voice from her alpha. As calm as possible she sat down, Koda was coming and he didn't sound like he was disturbed in something. Kyrie took a deep breath and waited patiently on her leader. She didn't knew what she would say if he was coming but if she would think about it know she would forgot it the moment she opened her mouth.
Some time past but it wasn't long. The wind brought her the scent of the silver male. With her tails weeping the ground she saw the large male coming out above the grass. The white she wolf stood up en lowered her head and tail. Gently he grabbed her muzzle, his eyes looked questioning but he didn't seem to have any negative emotions.
<b>'Nothing happened, I'm alright!'</b> It came out a little bit rushed, she was startled that he seemed worried about her. <b>'I-I.. Euhm..'</b> Great, her cheeks were burning again. Again the wolf took a deep breath and spoke, this time clear and to the point. <b>'I wondered if you could help me train in order to become stronger.'</b> Her heart was throbbing in her chest like crazy, still she was glad she had said it without any blunders. Her hazelnut brown eyes looked into his waiting for any kind of response. </blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">After she easily submitted to his muzzle grab, she assured him that she was well and then seemed all flustered as she tried to explain herself. Stopping herself mid-sentence, the young wolf seemed to get a handle on herself and began again. Recovering, she said, 'I wondered if you could help me train in order to become stronger.' He honestly wasn't sure what he had expected her to ask, but her words caught him slightly off guard. Pleasantly so though.

There was never anything wrong with trying to better one's self. He had seen that Kyrie had applied herself well towards hunting for the pack and had simply assumed that that was the direction that she was heading. It seemed that she at least wanted to explore other possibilities and a well rounded wolf was a strong wolf. Which, in turn, was excellent for the good of the pack.

Now that they had time, he gave her a thorough once over, evaluating her obvious strengths and weaknesses. Given the shape of her muscles, seeming more long and lean rather than bulky like his, or even Remy's it was apparent that speed was her forte' and a lot of it. She also appeared to have a good bit of depth to her lungs, which likely indicated at least a fair amount of stamina. Stamina was one of the hardest things to gauge in an unknown wolf, a type of wild card if you would. Speed and strength you could at least guess at, stamina was the surprise.

Done with his quick assessment, his golden eyes met her own and he gave her an encouraging smile. "First, I want to tell you that you've done well so far in lending a paw to the pack wherever you could. Second, I would like to be clear on what it is that you are hoping to achieve. Is it battle strength that you are after or just strength in general? We are all limited by what creation has given us, but we can still find ways to work with what we have, no matter the situation." He certainly didn't want her to discourage her, but he wanted the young woman to have a realistic view about what she would be able to accomplish. A slight thing like her could never beat a wolf such as him in brute strength, but properly applied, her speed and nimbleness could wear a larger, stronger opponent down.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
<blockquote>

Koda seemed a bit surprised by her requested. Again she felt a bit nervous, did she had to ask someone else? If she had to she didn't no anyone, not anyone who wasn't busy at the time. Soon the white woman found out she worried for nothing. The big male observed her and as she looked into his eyes they looked more pleased than something else. Kyrie wondered if she could become strong enough like she had in mind. In general she would be more someone who fought alongside with others rather than a one on one fight. One on one was the thing she was most terrible in, most of the time she had the disadvantage and her soft personality didn't help either. The white female didn't believe she was hopeless, she had speed and stamina. Battle wasn't only brute muscle and ripping each other in little tiny pieces. Tactic and endurance was also a big factor, she could grow into that. Still learning how to fight and becoming stronger was something you had to keep up for a long time, getting into real fights. Something she hated but fighting with you packmembers would always be different than with some dangerous mad wolf. Kyrie could never believe that Koda would try to kill her, or someone else. Actually she thought the feeling would be something like that. Knowing you won't die or get badly hurt since you know them.
The pair of golden eyes brought her back to the present. His encouraging smile gave her more hope. Enthusiast her tail wagged in the air. Kyrie couldn't feel less proud by the praise of her alpha. She had worried quite some time about if she did enough or not. Now she knew she was on the right way she could worry less. <b>'I want to get general strength but I also strive to be able to give a descent fight when it's one on one. Right now I don't feel confidence enough to say I can protect anyone other than myself, that's something I want to change.'</b> Protecting yourself is nice but it wouldn't help anyone if they were in danger. It just didn't feel right.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Koda noted the look of pride that his praise brought to the young woman. He smiled to himself. There was nothing wrong with being proud of one's accomplishments. It helped to build confidence and that confidence would show through in many ways. It was obvious that she'd been a bit nervous about approaching him for help, but already she seemed more relaxed and at ease. Just knowing that she'd been performing well and having that accomplishment acknowledged had done her wonders!

His silvery ears perked in response to her words. She was truly thinking of the bigger picture. Of what she could do for the pack that was now her family. He would assuredly do whatever he could to help her achieve her goal, but he was no fabulist. He would not lead her on to think that she could defeat a larger experienced opponent outright, but there was more than one to win a battle.

He nodded his creamy head at her words and smiled again. "I am pleased that you wish to better yourself and I'm quite certain that Elettra would be as well! I will be honest with you, so you have no illusions though. The odds of you defeating a battle hardened warrior one on one are next to nil, but you can learn some fighting techniques that can wear even the toughest opponents down. Your speed will be their Achille's Heel!" He waited, giving her time to process what he had said. Her reactions would determine their next step.

Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KyrieTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 180px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
She wondered what the male alpha her could learn. They were different in body aspects and Koda looked like he had more experience. It was good they were different, who knows maybe on some point he would learn from her. Even if Kyrie saw that point somewhere far far away in the future. She had to built up her skills from zero. The white woman was unsure how far she could go to improve. She believed she had some kind of restricted her level, with pure strength she would never be able to win from guys like Koda or even Narimé. Kyrie knew that since childhood but nobody could hurt you if they weren't close enough. The white woman smiled brightly as Koda's words came through. He seemed happy and enthusiast, so was she. Koda was the realistic kind of trainer, the kind of trainer she needed. He would not belittle her or scold her because she did not everything perfect. There might be a little chance he did, like 0,00001%. Koda just came over that way and Kyrie didn't believe he could be like that. She didn't ask for flattery, a pet on the back for everything she did good. The woman did need critic, without it she could not learn. Seeing your own faults and admitting it was something hard for almost everybody. Critics were not fun but very helpful.

Eager to begin their training her eyes were locked onto the male. He said that her speed would be of use. If used in the right way. Getting to learn new techniques, maybe even creating her own style. Cause there was no wolf faster than her, at least she never met them. Of course she still had to work on her strength even with her speed taking as advantage but Kyrie knew that, for that coming to Koda in the first place. 'I really want to learn how to fight, especially using my speed!' She loved speed. 'I think that with training and experience I can give quite some fight. Or I hope to reach that goal eventually, my forte is speed no matter what. If I can use it this could only turn out for the better.' Her grinning face could not fade even when she tried to because she was afraid to look stupid. Her paws were tickling, what was strange because she didn't like strength training or fighting. She was just ready to go.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Koda could fairly feel Kyrie's excitement vibrating in the air as he breathed it in. She may never be a gaurdian, but she had heart and a willingness to learn and try new things. This desire to be stronger and more well-rounded was a wonderful thing not only for herself, but for their pack. Something told him that it had taken a fair amount of her gusto to ask for his help. He was surely glad that she had for it presented him the opportunity to get to know her better at the same time as teaching her something useful.

He gave her a small look of pride and said, "Then we shall begin! The first thing that you need to remember is never to underestimate your oponent. Always assume that they have vast fighting experience. That way you don't get overconfident." He paused for a moment, taking in her build once more. Although her build was small and he knew her to be inexperienced her enthusiasm gave her an aire that she hadn't seemed to possess before.

"Take you for instance. A larger stronger wolf would almost certainly underestimate you. They might be correct in their assumptions today, but not in the future. Always use all of your senses to evaluate every aspect of a potential oponent. Take in their physical attributes as well as their level of confidence. Are they favoring a paw? Do they seem distracted? Why the confrontation in the first place? Personally, I prefer to avoid a fight if it is possible and use diplomacy to solve disagreements, but that's just me! Now that I've filled your head with a lot of information, do you have any questions for me?" That had been most talking in one stint that he'd done with any wolf other than Nina in a long while. Every word was important though. Even a strong wolf could get in over their head if they didn't use their brain as well as their brawn.

Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KyrieTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 180px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Things Koda said, they made totally sense. Especially that underestimate thing. Something she would do quite often, in the time she thought she could stand up against her littermates. Of course she was everytime pushed down in the dirt, not as mean they were just playing. Being the frail one of the family could sometimes have it's advantages. But yeah, after she grow a bit older and with her speed increasing she was not so easily on the ground anymore. Not because of strength but because she was already running before they could do two steps.

Koda seemed to like the teaching thing. He knew what he was talking about but he had some enthusiasm in his voice that was contagious. Kyrie's head felt a bit light with all the information trying to give it it's own space. 'I don't like a fight either so I definitely won't see it as the first path to take.' Hell no of course not. 'But if I fight and it really, really is going out of hand-' The thought of kind of unpleasant but she knew that possibility was always there. '-is there a way to end things without death or some everlasting damage?' While talking her voice shrunk with her body. Fighting was out of the question for her till it was really needed or asked from her (by challenge or something like that). However not everybody was as kind as she was, or the wolves around her. Still Kyrie had seen wolves who were marked for life. Not only scars but also those who didn't even look like wolves anymore. Wolves with one eye, a broken limp with no treatment. They all would die one day if not helped by a miracle since nature did not help the weak, not always. Probably breaking from guilt or self hatred if she would do that to other wolves. Kyrie wasn't fully aware of that but her mind knew that if she would do that it she couldn't sleep for the next moons.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KodaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Koda took in her reaction and was pleased with her first words. Her question was a good one and he thought carefully before answering. "Obviously, entering into any battle is not to be taken lightly. Also, each fight is a fluid thing, so there is no set rule as to how it will go or how to end it. That is when using your brain is far more important than brawn. There are only a few ways to end a fight and once it 'gets out of hand', it rarely has a pretty ending. That is why it is so important to think before you engage in a battle. Of course you must always defend yourself and your family, but never take part in a fight without a very good reason." His tone told of how important his words were. He honestly couldn't see her entering a fight foolishly, or even willingly, but he still felt the need to voice the warning, nonetheless.

He wished that he had a better answer, but every fight that he'd ever been in or even witnessed had been different. The main lesson that he had learned he had just passed on to Kyrie. The secret to winning, or at least surviving a true fight, was to keep your wits about you and use your brain. At this point, all he had taught her was a bit of theory. He was unsure if she would want to take it farther today or take some time to digest all she had heard. He wondered if she had more questions. Although the subject matter was not a light one, he was enjoying getting to know the young fae that was a part of his new family.

(This post was last modified: Oct 26, 2012, 11:40 PM by Koda.)