(See All?) Announcements
622 Users Online
Aven, Google, Bing, Isla

jack & jill — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<i>She wore that dress like it was a Saturday, pretty as a summer rose picked in the morning. He held her hand like it was a mystery, one he couldn't quite believe, just walking with him. They were high up on a hill, something to say, and daylight to kill. Time slipped away, the way that it will.</i>
<blockquote>Each twinkling silver star looked different to whatever set of eyes was laid upon them, but never quite as differently as they appeared to Ava. Sometimes they were beacons of hope - shining lights at the end of the numerous tunnels her life had taken her through, pleasant. Other times they were spotlights on her misery, magnifying the agony she had to endure, taunting. But most of the time they were not stars at all, but the gentle stare of her lover on the other side of the mountain.

Ava did not dare admit it out loud, but in her month of depression her numbness had become so self-centered that she hardly noticed the absence of loved ones in her life, nor cared at all for it. Athena was busy, shifting into her new life as leader of the pack, trying to raise children and live a life with a new mate who was still as undiscovered to Ava as the lands north of Relic Lore. Ice was a subject she dare not touch, somewhere festering in his own misery past a river that marked a point of no entry for her dark little self. And Kade was... well, Guardian of Grizzly Hollow. Ava had always known his duty to the Cedarwood Forest very nearly outranked his care of her - not quite, of course, for her beloved had appeared in the valley of the mountain more than once - but still, a significant deal of his attention was given to <i>his</i> home.

The coal-pelted female endured her lonely nights for she greatly admired his strength and loyalty. Every night she reasoned that their time would come, and deep within her heart she knew that it would. The universe had easily proven to her that <i>now</i> was certainly not their shining moment, but after Ava had finished bathing in that depression her will to lead a life with the stoic man had escaped, surprisingly, unscarred. And it had left her with a burning need to see him, just once and if only for a moment. His affections even for just a moment could put her at ease, she was sure.

In true star-crossed lover fashion, Ava had planned her arrival under the cover of night, and yet her patience did not extend so far. It was around dusk, the sky above her painted in shades of purple and red, that her delicate steps brought her far enough away from the Mountain that she smelled the sweet sap of Cedar trees. At once her heart beat fiercely, for the notes from the trees were interlaced deep within his silver-speckled fur, and she prayed it was him that she smelled in the air and not just his pack. Of course it was not - she was still far enough away from the borders that a Guardian's patrol would not bring him here - but could you blame a longing heart?

It was there in the elongated shadows that the Poisoned girl stopped, suddenly judging herself. Did she dare approach another pack's borders? Never before had she received a welcome - even if he had promised her one with open arms. All the times she'd been tempted before the logical side of her brain had talked her out of it; it was just not a smart idea. But deterring herself now that she was so close was a task of which Ava wondered if she was capable. Like a deer in headlights she remained, silent and stiff, closing her bright eyes to feel if the magnetism of his steel-colored stare was strong enough to pull her close.
</blockquote>
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>The day had come too fast, and the night would soon be on it's way. It was time for a break. So with their father close, she gave a last look to her four huddled pups, and slipped outside to be greeted by the fading sun. A deep breathe, she would make her temporary escape with a red streaked sky above her. She knew where she wanted to go, and she drifted further west in her realm of cedar trees.

The course of her action was not certain. She wanted to check around the borders, and simply see if she felt like going beyond that. For now she moved with a swift gait, stretching her cramped muscles, and letting the coming night breeze brush against her pale form. Patrolling was not necessary, but it was a habit to check on things. There would always be threats, some merely closer than others, and replacing her fading marks never seemed like a bad idea. She had to enforce the idea there were two care takers here. A mother not to be messed with. Secondly, she also had to check on the scents both coming and going. She did not care if her pack mates wandered, it was making sure they returned. Sometimes she did not like to miss a chance to meet a potential member, or friend. At night in summer time it was more likely someone would be travel now when the heat of the day was no more. Though she would hate to admit, what she was really looking for would never be there. Grizzly Hollow did not have all of its core members, and sometimes she would fool her into thinking they might come back. There would be a hint of Raigo on the night breeze, or Kiche...even Arlette or Hocus. She would realize it was only her wanting heart which recalled them.

Trailing a routine trail she followed closely to Borden's own scent. Breathing it in for comfort, and to take her mind at least partially from thsoe she wanted and missed. She could tell he stuck close, and frequently made it around the Hollow. Was he still stricken with guilt? Or was the real question, would he always be? Momentarily she paused in her step, lifting her muzzle, her mismatched eyes peering into the coming shadows as if to find her answer there. She decided it did not matter. It couldn't be changed by her. No reassuring, or coaxing no matter how much she would like to erase it all away. A flick of her tail, she put her nose back down, nearer to the earth, further trotting the edge of her home.

For awhile it stilled her questioning mind, and troubled heart. There were not a lot of strange scents around, and no bears. One had come close, but luckily had been sent on it's way before reaching near the Hollow. Until the pups were yearlings, and probably even then, their safety...their lives would always be her first concern. She had four pups, and she was going to keep it that way. No matter how hard she worked to keep her thoughts on one track, they pulled her in several directions. Like Kade why had he told her after all this time? It wasn't like she had never thought, but to hear it....

Closing her eyes, her shoulders tensed, and she tried to compose herself...find peace in quick mediation. Instead she caught the fresh scent of a female...something to it both familiar and strange. Striking goosebumps her silver threads rose along her back, and she whipped herself around, seeking out the midnight walker. It was within a couple strides she would glimpse into the amber eyes.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Somehow Ava had known that her solitude would be short lived. The smell of wolf was quick to arrive in the air, heading toward the shadow-colored female at an easy speed. Of course she could not hide her disappointment when the scent did not match that of her silver-speckled man, but instead of focusing on the mourning of her heart she chose to feel the intrigue that usually accompanied a new scent on the wind. Before her selfish stint of depression she was always travelling through the Lore, happy to see who else called the variety of territories home. Knowing that she could not deny the opportunity, Ava finally broke free of her statue-solid stance and turned her body ever so slightly to the other's approach.

The figure that glided toward her was illuminated in edges of red from the haze of twilight, moving with the grace of a living ghost. Ava watched in awe as the white-pelted female came closer, no hesitation in her swift gait. She brought with her the distinct scent of Grizzly Hollow - the black female was quick to realize it was her dominant marking on the border - as well as the just as recognizable smell of motherhood. Quickly it became obvious to her that this was the <i>leader</i> of the pack, not just some equal or lesser pack mate. It was hard not to seem struck as a mother and commander came her way, for Ava could not force back the inkling in her mind that as of yet her moonlit romance was one the two dark-coated wolves shared in secrecy. Ava did so to prevent undermining anyone's authority, although she could hardly speak for what Athena would think - much less this entirely unknown wolf who was now just a few lengths from her.

Unflinchingly she rose her head to meet the reverential figure's gaze, momentarily transfixed by the dual-colored stare she would meet, only to recover quickly. Ava did not dare appear arrogant, for she knew she was close enough to smell the wolves' marking, but her paws had not yet left neutral territory. And though her recovery had been quite recent, the Poisoned female did herself the justice of remembering that while she couldn't always name her exact place in this Lore, she was damn sure that she was not a cowering little loner. And besides, she always liked the Cedar-hailing wolves. She was sure she would like this one too, if she ignored the little voices that nagged at the back of her mind.

"<b>I've never been here before,</b>" she remarked casually after a moment of silence, amber eyes trailing over the tall tree trunks as they spread across the soft terrain. The land here was flat and more delicate to the pad than her mountain; a strange sensation after spending so much time with stone underfoot. Curling her toes into the gentle grass beneath them, Ava once more looked upon the Grizzly Hollow leader. "<b>It's a lovely place, though, to visit.</b>"

Perhaps her skills of idle conversation had gotten a bit rusty, but the black-pelted female did the best she could at sounding smooth. It made more sense to begin with small talk rather than demand the female deliver a <span class='word'>billet-doux</span> for Kade..</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>Amber eyes.</i> They had been blue Jayse would have immediately snapped for anything, remembering Rebecca and her final warning of her mercy to the young, foolish wolf. This...this was someone she did not know. Why should she recognize her scent? Where had she encountered it before? Leathery nostrils twitched, a soft frown dipping across her forehead. It had to be the same that had been on Jedd her memory recalled for her, and she was not sure how she felt about that. He was dead, and she had known who had killed him....and why. It was without a thought she pushed images away, because who knew what was true nor what this female wanted. There was surely a reason for her to wander this far, to be so close to Jayse's home and so very far from her own.

Crown raised, and body tense she calmly blinked back as if to break the lady's eye contact. She saw no fear, but she must realize where she was, and who was before her by the change in her stance, the shift of her own eyes. She had not entirely caught her unawares, so was she looking for someone or something? She turned her face to the side, continuing to peer at the lady before out to the darkness if waiting to find another. There was no one else, she was certain of this when her heartbeat began to still it's rhythm, and her breathe no longer got hung up in her throat. Single paw stretches forward, soon pulling the other three to catch up. She tests the space between them, once more looking around her realm for something more. These days she couldn't pretend nothing and no one was out to get her. Again, nothing spoke to her of any deceit or anything malicious. Ivory head snapped back when she heard the feminine voice break the quiet spell. The cords of muscle were still stiff, but her eyes flicked to the more golden pair, and there was a hint of the leader's warmth.

A couple seconds went by before she could respond, when she did she answered in the same tone, <b>"Thank you, when I first came here I was certain it was a place I would call home."</b> Silver streaked snout titled upward, gazing up at the branches of both cedars and pines in fondness when hit with the memory of Grizzly Hollow's founding. If it were not for the time and location it would have been considered a decent start to a conversation, as it were it was interesting. Really what would Jayse want? She hated when she met strangers and they cowered away from her, and mumbled their sorries. This wolf had some kind of purpose here, something that must have brought her. But what? Did the pack know Jedd had made it here? She come to see if their reputation was ruined, or to warn her after all this time?

It would not be needed.

Deciding there no threat here she reclined to her haunches. <b>"If you've come to warn us about Jedd, or see what has become of him he is deceased and I made no firm judgement on the words he gave of <i>your</i> pack."</b> This might break the ice, and cross off her list of guesses. <b>"You must have come for good reasons?"</b> She questioned, wanting to be for certain what this visit was about. She couldn't shake the feeling she had come because she had wanted too. Jaysyek held her tongue, not wanting to pry it out of her despite her nagging questions, and boundless curiosity.

</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
<blockquote>Was it the secret of her purpose here that had made her paranoid, or was the pale-coated female just more skeptical than she had anticipated? The feeling was odd and hard to shake - wondering if she knew what Ava knew. The Leader's stance and steps were deliberate, but that had to be expected. She carried her head high with the regal elegance of someone who owned her power, though the lack of malice in her mismatched stare was welcomed against Ava's paranoia. With astute ease she returned similar judgement on her pack's lands, as though she'd dealt with weirdos standing statue-still at her border on numerous occasions.

<i>I was certain it was a place I would call home...</i> and so it was, a home with loyal followers... or at least from what Ava could tell. Sometimes it took a moment to recall that she had previously met Arlette, who, with a little 2 and 2 math, she figured was the daughter of this ghost-like female. It was a valuable piece of information she considered divulging, perhaps to prove that she was someone trustworthy if the lady's daughter had liked her, but luckily she held her tongue. It was still awfully close to pup season - a mother's protective instinct would likely take unkind to a stranger who had somehow come close to their own blood before.

Yet despite Ava's worries, the she-wolf took a seat. The simple gesture seemed to grand when performed by the likes of the iridescent Leader, and it very nearly served to quell the black wolf's growing disrest until she spoke once again. <i>Jedd</i>. She was rather thrown to hear that name and it showed, her amber eyes flashing just the briefest recognition as the memories awoke in her mind. His betrayal of their pack felt like norhing compared to the abandonment of them by Rhysis and Naira, but Ava could still recall her anger those several months ago.

A delicate grin began to stretch against her lips, turning a wild eye on her company and musing, “<b>At a time I would’ve taken his throat myself – and now it seems he was buried in the recess of my mind until you dropped the name.</b>” Unblinking, she wondered whether or not the white she-wolf knew of the whirlwind of events that had befallen the Poisoned wolves. Likely not, given that Jedd was at the top of her memories upon recalling Ava’s scent. <i>Oh.</i> That’s right, that did happen. Somewhere in her floating mind she’d taken more curiosity to Jedd’s name than to the fact that <i>she recognized her</i>. It could’ve just been the mountains, right? The Lake had a particular smell, surrounded by stone and spruce rather than dirt and grass.

She had asserted 'no firm judgement', which had to mean well. At least, Ava got the sense she wasn't in any particular danger being in her company. Yet the question - <i>You must have come for good reasons?</i> - had slipped from her pink tongue and at such a close range Ava could not pretend she was just short of earshot and conveniently ignore it. Feigning an air of absolute cool she responded, "<b>There is no good reason. After all, there truly isn't a history between you and I in any sense.</b>" Oh, if she only knew. "<b>Yet I was drawn here still.</b>" Maintaining her smooth demeanor she turned her gaze upon the she-wolf and lowered her chin in a sign of respect. "<b>I'm Ava,</b>" she added, hoping the introduction would help cover up her skirting of the question.
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
sorry for the long hold up, and this shotty post.

<blockquote>[Home. Much meaning to the word. No matter where Jayse ended up there were pieces of her in places she had placed that name upon. Some were small than others, Grizzly Hollow the greatest of all. It had it's fair of painful memories, the death of two sons, the missing time of Borden, and the leaving of Elettra, others who came and went. For every bad there was ten times the good in raising her family, and maintaining her pack. Good things worth holding onto in those times sorrow wanted to take her prisoner.

The leader's pale face became more serious, seeing the change Jedd's name caused. Surprise, then perhaps a dark amusement playing across her sharp features. There was no doubting there was reason to it all, the movements that came, the words that were said. She could easily wonder why. Jaysyek wasn't sure if she wanted or needed to know, and kept an steady, partial emotionless facade. <b>"Guess it's best to leave it that way, another face better forgotten,"</b> she mused in distant tone, letting the edge of her tail press against her paws. It was to think a life meaning nothing, it was not hers to blame.

Jaysyek would not contradict her answer, despite how she had her assumed question. Nothing would change the leader's mind based on her intuition. It had not failed her very often, but she would try to keep the dark cloaked lady's mind at ease, saying nothing more. It was true Ava's reasonings were not transparent to Jaysyek in the slightest. The Hollow leader was convinced one wandered for reason, and Ava had made a grand walk to come here in the middle of the night to tell Jayse it was lovely did not seem to hit the mark. There was no heart in Jayse to pry those issues from their tight grips. The lady further elaborated how there was no ties, and she made a point there. Surely if she knew someone of Grizzly Hollow she might mention it.

Drawing a small smile by hints of her delight, she was becoming to like this lady, catching her own respected manner in which she carried herself and spoke. The leader responded back, <b>"I know I've found wonderful places letting my paws lead the way. And I don't mind making new acquaintances, through the lands. I use to have many. Perhaps you could tell me of your pack? I always wanted to find for myself, time has never been my friend."</b> Jayse took things with diplomacy, knowing she should have obtained more information about Poison Path. Time had not allowed it, and even in her chances to leave home there were some places to far to wander. The mother had a deal of reasons not to travel far from home, and not wanting to ask it of Borden instead. He was just as needed to be near if at least for her sanity. Fate may have it this meeting was meant for reasons, beneficial to both. <b>"Pleasure to meet you Ava, I am greatly known by Jayse short for Jaysyek Lyall."</b>
</blockquote>