(See All?) Announcements
730 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Google, Nori, Khalon, Bing

ladies and gentlemen — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
So it was like the opposite of the squirrel, definitely. A stupid squirrel wouldn't attack her. Squirrels ran and climbed trees. Woodchucks dug holes and attacked wolf noses. It pleased her to no end when she was given the green light to attack the woodchuck, and Indru offered to help. He would chase it out, she would pounce on it, and hopefully kill it. Get it back for hitting her. She waited, crouched in tense silence as her big brother disappeared around the other side of the bush.

The seconds after that were a flurry. She heard Indru frighten the prey forward, and then he yelled. Borlla was ready. A grin across her muzzle, she pounced the moment she'd heard his voice, jaws and paws reaching out. And she actually made contact. Except the woodchuck was a lot bigger than a squirrel. She hadn't quite been expecting that, so it caught her off guard, and she struggled for a moment to focus on what was going on. Teeth met flesh and fur, and claws were waving. And then it was over.

Though slightly ruffled, Borlla emerged the champion. She rolled off of the lifeless creature, and wobbled on her paws, surprised at what had just occurred. "We won!" She cheered, tail waving in celebration. She felt a little sore, pretty sure that the woodchuck had gotten in a few more evil whacks, but in the end, she emerged victorious. "Now what?" Her eyes shifted from Indru to the woodchuck.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Once he was certain the Woodchuck had been chased forward Indru had ran around the bush, prepared to chase it down if Borlla missed, but when he arrived they were in a struggle, a fight he knew Borlla would not lose, but may be left empty handed if the Woodchuck was quick enough. He decided not to intervene, no serious damage could be caused and it would be a great experience to make her first kill. After the scuffle she cheered, and Indru barked lightly in celebration, her first kill. Her next question made him smile, she had not yet witnessed how meat became meat.

He took a step forward, leaning down to the lifeless body and using hardly none of his jaw's strength, yet more than a 3 month old puppy could manage, he broke the Woodchuck's neck and then used his teeth to slit it's belly. As the dominant wolf Indru instantly took the heart, as small as it was, chewing it briefly and then swallowing it. Now you eat, he smiled, stepping back, blood painting his maw, and allowing her the rest. Indru was not really hungry, having caught his own prey earlier, but he took some so that she learnt that lead wolves were the first to the kill, the first to eat. Lowering down his haunches, giving her space so she could relax as she feasted, he began to lick his muzzle clean.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
The events that followed her first kill frightened her a bit. She knew that she ate meat, but never before did she ever really think about how it came about. Dead animal, sure. But she couldn't help but watch in slight fear as Indru tore open her prize and quickly chewed something down. Not that she thought it was gross, but after feeling so accomplished for killing prey for the first time, it throughly surprised her that she'd have to eat her winnings. She thought she'd be able to keep it as a trophy or something.

When she was given permission to eat, she leaned forward, poking her muzzle into the hole that had been made. Her teeth bit into the creature, and she pulled back, bringing with her a chunk of something that she quickly chewed down. It was good, definitely. Much better than the cherries. "That was fun. So watching you guys hunt will be like that? Except with deer?" Borlla was sure that hunting deer was much more fun than hunting silly ground squirrels, even though that was pretty fun.

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

They were close to home now, the tracking having travelled them deeper into the forest and closer to the pack den, and Indru could faintly smell his border marking from here. When she had finished eating Indru examined the carcass, their was scraps left, she was not completely adapted to stripping prey yet. Keep that, we can take it to your brothers. It was better than some mangy lynx or fox taking their prey anyway, at least their pack would be using it instead.

Her question was an important one and Indru rolled his shoulder lightly, shrugging. Similar.. but much more dangerous. After all, there was a reason it required a whole pack, they hunted prey but prey that was not scared to fight back, as with the added danger came added rewards. A kick from a deer or elk could kill a wolf if it was aimed at the right place, such as a head, but it could also break ribs and legs. Much too dangerous for a puppy. It was always the strictest of rules as a puppy, not to get involved in pack hunts. He could remember it being drilled and drilled in on the way to the hunting grounds so that they would behave.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla grasped what was left of the woodchuck in her jaws, and glanced around. They were close to home now. She didn't need to sniff anything to know that, she just did. That's what happened when you spent most of your time in one place. There was an obvious bounce in her step, knowing that she'd get bragging rights when they got back to the den. Kinis and Triell would be so jealous when they saw what she caught. She definitely wouldn't mind sharing this one time.

"I know, I know." Borlla resisted rolling her eyes, and dropped the carcass on the ground. She wasn't going to get in the way. "I'm gonna keep an eye on my brothers so they don't get underfoot. I promise!" Dark eyes turned on her big brother, seriousness and determination shining clearly within them. This was her job. She'd been entrusted with a big responsibility. No way was she going to risk that. "Do you think Kinis and Triell will be jealous?" Borlla smirked, leaning down to pick up the woodchuck again.

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Hm, maybe we fade it out here? Up to you, I'm happy to continue if you can think of anything. :D

Indru laughed at her confidence, though admittedly, he knew she could. Triell was less controlled by Borlla's ruling, but Kinis he knew would do whatever she said. There was always a lead pup in a litter, though with Indru and Ruiko it shifted almost constantly so the dominance was always blurred. Good. He felt that it was a good move to put Borlla in charge, the responsibility and first true sign that she was lead wolf in her litter overriding her needed to misbehave, as after all, if she didn't keep them in line it would dent her dominance in the long run.

I'm sure they will be very jealous. Indru confirmed, starting to head towards home instinctively now, looking over his shoulder to check that Borlla had picked up the Woodchuck, Indru would offer to carry it but he was sure that he would be turned down. The boy was pleased that they had fit a hunting session in, otherwise it was certain the pup would not of caught anything, successful solo hunts would not happen until much later. Shall we head home?

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
we can fade. it's all good. <3's for providing me with threads!

She nodded, more than excited to show everyone, not just her brothers, what she'd done today.

Responsibility was still a word that Borlla wasn't totally familiar with. Certain things, like watching her brothers didn't seem like a chore. She got enjoyment out of tormenting them and bossing them around, especially when she was given permission to. To her, responsibility wasn't hunting for others or any grown up things like that. Not yet at least. Sharing the kill with her brothers, that was bragging rights first, responsibility second.

They were homeward bound now, and Borlla bounced along, trying to keep her chin high so the carcass wouldn't touch the ground or throw her off balance. Today had been a good day. A very, very good day. As they walked, she glanced over at Indru, voice slightly muffled by what was in her mouth, "Thank you, Indru!" The smile on her muzzle was more than clear and spoke for itself. She'd taken a big step today, and she certainly wasn't going to forget it.