Bing, Google

the aesthetics of an instant — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Chi who has 64 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
http://a.imageshack.us/img717/5995/70049898.png);">
THERE'S A PLACE I KNOW IF YOU'RE LOOKIN' FOR A SHOW
      His relief at her promise to be more safe was met with masked anxiety on Junai's part, who thought her brother was a little too relieved. His request to be careful or not, Junai often found herself getting in trouble even when she wasn't looking for it and the notion of being vigilant all day everyday was a rather overwhelming one. She mumbled something incoherent, smiling innocently in spite of the fact that dangerous plans (including the scaling of the Mountain of Dire, among other things) had recently taken root in her mind.

Her guilt faded at his words, words that she could relate to. He knew, then, what it felt like: a dream world, something fake and made-up and wrong. It was entirely surreal, finally having someone other than her father lead the pack; to further add to the oddity was that her parents were gone and her remaining siblings were just weird. The loss was a heavy presence upon all of their minds and Junai wished she could simply... forget. <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Thanks. I... hope everything will feel normal again one day.” Though, with so many suddenly gone, it was sure to be awhile. And, as for her uncle? The thought of him left her glaring, looking away from her brother to grumble, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Whatever. He turned his back on us, I don't even care anymore.” And yet it was blatantly obvious that, despite her harsh words, she did—more than she was comfortable admitting.
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

I'm sure it will one day, perhaps he was even certain. It wouldn't be the same, but it would be okay, it would be bearable and it wouldn't so hard and Indru knew he could live with that. We won't forget them, but it won't hurt so much that they aren't around. Indru nodded, perhaps more to reassure himself than Junai, but the purpose was hopefully just the same. Their family had been attacked, but they would regroup and move on, he was sure.

Honijo.. he... You must understand, Lani and Rihael.. he adored them both, in a different way to us. Their father was as close to Honijo as any brother could be, and Lani was a sister than Honijo adored and cherished. Indru knew the story of how Hidden Tree had began, Honijo leaving with his parents unable to imagine life without them. He needed a change, he left with them to start Hidden Tree.. and he's the only one left now. That was the crux of it, Indru felt, though of course they all suffered and hurt, they had each other, their brothers and sisters, Honijo had just lost his. Imagine if all your siblings, me, Ruiko, Niija, Hotei.. imagine if we all died and only you were left. Indru tried to explain to her, he didn't want Honijo hated for something he couldn't avoid, as much as he knew it would be hard for them to understand. Could you stay, then? He needed a change, he still loves us. He leant forward to try and bob her muzzle gently with her own, forgive him he wanted to say, but knew he couldn't ask her too, she would have to learn and understand his reasons on her own.

Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
THERE'S A PLACE I KNOW IF YOU'RE LOOKIN' FOR A SHOW
      He could not predict the future, so it was a wonder why the words soothed her. They were little more than sweet nothings, said to lift their spirits—the verity of the words could not be known quite yet, not for a long time. And yet she breathed out a sigh, the tone of the action something along the lines of relief, and she said softly, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“Maybe you're right.” As for her uncle...

He had abandoned them. It was hard to wrap her head around the idea, the idea of someone having willingly left their family. She could vaguely remember older siblings, ones in Kenai and Ioni's litter, leaving; she considered them exceptions, because they were young and had craved adventure, much like she did. Family kept her, however, and she remained, happy to have her loved ones near. But... But Honijo left because of family, because the only family he had ever cared about was dead and gone. Really, if she was being honest with herself, she had never mattered much at all to her uncle, not in the grand scheme of things—neither were any of the others, not really. <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“That's different, though. If everyone died, I would leave... But we're still alive and he's gone.” Vaguely, she wondered if he had left Relic Lore... She was torn between wanting him completely gone and wanting him to remain so as to drag him back. <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“He doesn't love us. Love means sticking together.” She looked at him pointedly now, unspoken words lingering in the air: "Where is he now?"
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Trust me, he smiled at response to her statement. Indru was certain, he had to be certain, or else it would just be to difficult to keep functioning, to keep leading if he was not. The pain would ease, the longing would still exist, but not in such strong painful waves he experienced now. Indru could only imagine the loss Honijo had felt, as while Indru suffered the loss also, he did not feel alone in his loss like he imagined Honijo did, a stranger on the outskirts not part of the remaining family of siblings, an uncle. His less of a connection made no difference to how Indru felt about him, he loved his uncle and he always would, and he was glad that he had not left Relic Lore.

No, but to him, his siblings did die, we aren't his siblings, we're not even his children, so he must feel very isolated in his grief. Indru tried to explain, but felt that it would perhaps be a loss cause until Junai saw him herself or else got older and understood the many forms of grieving. The boy looked down at his paws, already itching to go find Honijo now after their talk, he wanted to give him space, but he also wanted to make sure he did not leave them for good. He loves us. Indru stated firmly, so sure of the statement he made it a fact. He loves us as we are Lani and Rihael's children, and he loves them unconditionally.

Inactive No Rank
Junai Tainn
sorry to cut this off here. D: of course, we can have another (perhaps happier, lawl) thread whenever you want. X3

OHANA MEANS FAMILY, FAMILY MEANS NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND
      She failed entirely to see her point—she had never been the empathetic sort, nor had she ever been very sympathetic, either. Instead, eyes alive with a pale but passionate fire, she glared—yes, glared—at her brother as he tried to see that traitor's side.

Everything was an excuse in her mind, a load of garbage that made her snort. If all her siblings had died and Honijo had remained, she would have stuck with him. It struck her as highly unlikely that he would do the same for her, considering he was off living the life of a vagrant as they spoke. Annoyed by his preaching, she stood, remarking most causticly, <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“He loves us about as much as I love Weldering Darksidy.” 'Zip, zero, zilch, nada: nothing.' <b style="color:#333E4B; font-family:georgia;">“I'm leaving. I've got things to do.” A lie, but she hardly cared; she would tarry no longer, not if he was going to fool himself about their stupid uncle. Without another word—no "goodbye" or "I love you"—Junai left, her destination uncertain but her purpose clear: find some peace and quiet, a place where she wouldn't be bothered by Indru or anyone else.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
No problem! :D

For now it was a lost cause, Indru knew and he last attempt at persuasion had been a last attempt effort, but he had not held any hope. Honestly he felt the best thing for her would be to see Honijo again, hopefully talking to him would allow her to see he did still care. Go see him, he's still around. Indru intended too eventually, he wanted Honijo to know he did not hold grudges and that he still respected him, even if technically they were on equal footing now.

Her childish comment about Weldering made Indru's eyes narrow slightly, but otherwise he made no other sign, let her sulk and whine. Don't act like such a puppy Junai, he called to her leaving back, growling in frustration when she was out of ear shot. This job, being their main carer, was going to be a much more difficult challenge than Indru first intended, dealing with childish strops and adolescent concerns such as mates, the mere thought of Weldering made his fur bristle at the moment. You'll grow up eventually. He was trying to reassure himself more than her.