(See All?) Announcements
583 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vili

Live and Learn From Fools and From Sages — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 62 posts.
Inactive III. Hunter
Reed Acoy
Morning, just after a decent rain. Humid; partly cloudy.
The air was thick; it seemed almost hard to breath. If a wolf could sweat, most would be soaked by now. The rustic man loped steadily through the maze of willows, feeling their drooping branches brush against his short pelt. The dirt below him was moist yet not soaked. It was soft and soothing on his rough pads. A small smirk was upon the older man's muzzle, as if he was enjoying himself.

After about three minutes, the creature came to a halt near a large puddle. It had formed from the opening in the canopy of willows. Lowering his head, he curiously peeked at his reflection, head cocking slightly to the side. He leaned in toward his reflection until... splash! A toad poked its head up out of the water, leaping away in surprise. With a snarl, Reed was taken aback, tripping on his paws and nearly landing on his rump. Cursing to himself, he released a small laugh, regaining his stance then lapping from the pool.
user posted image
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
( Playing this as before Ice went up to Lost Lake. ^^ )

you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
It couldn't be helped - Ice was born on straying paws, and now they were taking him out of the Grove again, wandering south to a place that required investigation. He'd been among the willows before, the first time his black nameless friend had found him, and it was, perhaps, with a small amount of hope to find her again that he returned. Still, he knew that she didn't live here. She lived up the mountain... But, short of going there, he'd likely never find her again if he didn't go outside of his pack's territory! The three mischievous little runts were growing rapidly, and they weren't few in the pack, so there was no danger to them if one guard slipped off at odd times. Besides, it was healthier for the pack mentality if he didn't sit in a corner and brood. Walking, running, usually cleared Ice's head, and he preferred to take his miseries outside of the Grove and deal with it there. Not that he was very miserable today; rain had soaked him, but it had stopped, and the sun was starting to peek through the lessening cover of clouds. He breathed in the humid air again, filtering it through his nose. It had been some hours out that he'd caught the faint whiff of pack, but one he didn't know, one which certainly hadn't been here earlier in spring, and the closer he came, the stronger it grew. There was nothing that could explain it, save for the simple fact that a new pack had formed here, sometime in late spring or the summer which was waning. Curiosity pulled him closer. He had no intention of trespassing, but hoped to run into one of the members on the ground outside of their border, and perhaps find out what was going on.

Rather cheerful despite his fur dripping water with every step, he trotted through the willows and their long, tangled limbs; they stroked his fur, sending shivers down his spine, all the way to the tip of his bushy tail. The scent of the pack was overwhelming, at least compared to the memory of it had smelled the last time: he didn't recognize any individual scent, but it was hard to make out in the snatches of it he passed. With a spring in his step and a light in his eyes, Ice kept going, and eventually his search bore fruit; a medium-sized, average-looking red-furred male was lapping from a puddle of water, his eyes a golden reflection among the ripples, like two small suns burning in his face. The world slipped into shadow again as a cloud slid across the sun, and Ice gave a disagreeing grunt under his breath. He would've preferred some sunlight.

With a rather neutral air about him, he gave a woof as to not startle the other and approached. His bouncy trot had slowed to a walk, and his tail was low, relaxed, ears forward and alert. Of course, anything and everything could happen at such a time as this, but Ice preferred to go into it with an open mind. It was rather strange, how nice he could be outside of the Grove when encountering strangers; when loners came to his pack's borders, he could be quite mean and grumpy.. and if someone spied on him, even more so. Now, though, there was just an open friendliness in his face. "Hello there," he greeted. The male was smelling thickly of whatever pack resided here now, and Ice stored the scent in his memory. "I'm Ice, from Swift River. Who are you? Is your pack new here?" And hopefully it wasn't started from traitors, eh?
.ice aesir
let the stars above shine in your soul
Inactive III. Hunter
Reed Acoy
Golden eyes focused upon his own reflection as Reed paused after drinking. A woof broke through the air, and the fiery man brought his head upward. Before him stood another male, pelt hues of lighter grays. With a tilt of his head, Reed nodded as Ice cast a greeting toward him. "Pleasure, Ice. I'm Reed, Hunter of Willow Ridge." Swift River. He had heard the pack name float around, but only here and there. The one he heard most of was Grizzly Hollow, Elettra's ex pack. He almost forgot to answer Ice's last question. Bringing his head up all the way now, the older gent grinned softly "Yes. We reside here in the willows. We're a fresh pack... I have no doubt in my mind you've wandered these lands longer than I."

Oh, and how such a statement was true. Reed had only been here a few weeks, perhaps a month. He was still learning the lands; what they had to offer. So far, so good, though. Willow Ridge was a proud pack, one that wished to rise to glory. The thought of such sent a rush of excitement throughout the man's body.

He stepped around the puddle now, getting closer to Ice, but not uncomfortably so. Reed had a respect of others' personal space. Some had larger 'bubbles' than others, though... he did not want to test this other male in case he was easily aggravated.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
At least it wasn't one who attacked on sight, something which pleased Ice an extraordinary amount. Behind him, his tail gave a happy, cautious wag, paws stopping their movement and seizing on to the moist ground. It was soft here, after the rain, and he found it to his liking. Reed, Hunter of Willow Ridge. So that was the pack's name; his silver eyes cast about, searching fruitlessly for the ridge itself. It wasn't strange that he didn't see anything, though, because the pack's border was still quite a ways off. Ice's roving gaze returned to this Reed, meeting his eyes for a moment before respectfully looking aside again. After all, they were closes to his home, so it felt natural to owe him respect out of that. It wasn't a bad spot his leaders had picked, either - the forest was thick in places, not too far from the Lagoon with its source of good water, and the forests and open meadows thick with prey. It'd be a healthy place for pups to grow up, once it came around to that. Ice returned the grin, kindness in his eyes. "Congratulations, then!" This, accompanied by a wag of his tail. Reed seemed a decent sort, approaching with respectful caution.

As if Ice knew what that was, anyhow, but he was grateful for it being neither an up-in-your-face wolf, or an I'll-bite-your-tail-off. "You'll be deeply rooted soon enough, don't worry, Reed." He drew a breath, for once forgetting the decency of warning in advance on his babble. "It's great with more packs springing up! The Lore's certainly large enough to provide prey and cover for us all. Who are your leaders, if you don't mind me asking? Were you lucky enough to get cubs this year?" Some of his usual yip-yap had come out again, eyes happy, tail wagging, his words rushing out in a way that suggested he wasn't really able to stop it. When it really mattered, Ice could shut up as well as any other wolf, but when he was relaxed, he was like a word mill. Still, he snapped his mouth shut before he managed to talk Reed's ears off, and gave him a sheepish grin. "Sorry. I'm a bit excitable," he added, hoping the red-hued male wouldn't take offense at such an inquisitive barrage.

( guh, taking breaks from posting Ice doesn't exactly improve post quality. Sorry for the shit :/ )
.ice aesir
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was mad that she had not been able to bring back
food from her hunt around Whisper Marsh. What did she excpect though.
Deer never traveled around the marsh. Plus Narimé now knew about beavers
and that they were not easy to hunt. Not unless they are on land anyway.. She
had put the idea into her head that somehow beavers would be easier to catch on land.
The young wolf wasn't thinking about beaver's sharp teeth nor their bite force.
I swear one day I'm bringing a beaver back to the den. She padded along silently
back towards Willow Ridge territory.

The young females head shot up and she paused in her tracks. She could scent
wolves near her. She recognized Reeds scent but not the other male scent that went with it.
Dipping her head she began to stalk through the weeds and bushes silently bridging the
distance between her and the two wolves. Reed was at the water's edge near another
white male. With a start Narimé burst through the bushes and into the clearing.
"Father!..." Then she stopped again. The big white wolf she had only partly seen through
the weeds looking back at her with silvery gray eyes. Her father had amber eyes.
The white wolf standing in front of her also lacked her fathers blackish fur along his shoulders
and down his back. The young girl grew all at once extremely embarassed.

"I'm so.. sooo sorry to bother you guys.." She completely avoided the white males eyes.
Scuffing at the groundwith her paws Narimé couldn't even think about what to say now.
No doubt both the males would be curious and probably amused by her blunder.

Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)
(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2012, 09:28 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive III. Hunter
Reed Acoy
Reed felt his tail wag in return of Ice's own wagging. A polite man; he deserved respect. Reed had the tendency to mirror another wolf's behavior, though not intentional. He wouldn't give full names, but only their firsts "Elettra and Koda are my leaders." He said this simply, eyes glowing in a friendly manner. "Unfortunately we have not been blessed with pups... and I'm not really sure we will be..." his voice trailed off, and his brows furrowed in a mixture of frustration and wonder. Looking at his paws for a moment, he returned his sunny gaze to Ice "Koda is mates with another wolf.... I'm not sure if the miss is within our pack." He shrugged his shoulders, fiery pelt rolling as his muscles moved.

Suddenly, there was interruption. Long-legged Narimé burst from the undergrowth, shouting aloud. Father! What? Reed took a step back, eyes widening slightly in confusion as his tail stopped wagging. It seemed embarrassment claimed the younger wolf, for she immediately apologized. With his heart soft for the girl, he shook his head. "It's ok, Narimé... no need to be sorry." With a glimpse to the gray man before him, he pointed his muzzle to Narimé. "Ice, this is Narimé. Future huntress of Willow Ridge." The older man grinned slightly, nodding his head to the silvery wolf who had joined them.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
Elettra and Koda; neither name was familiar to Ice, who simply kept wagging his tail behind him with a mildly thoughtful look on his face. It certainly wasn't every day that new packs sprang up in the Lore. Grizzly Hollow was old, but Swift River had even deeper roots - and then, all of a sudden, three new packs had formed. Ruiko had taken off in the deep of winter, thinning the Swift River ranks, but they'd managed. And just at breeding season, Rhysis and Naira had created Poison Path. Despite his nameless friend in their ranks, thinking about the pack up the mountain awakened a deep anger inside of him. And now, Willow Ridge. But something darker overcame Reed, and Ice's tail slowed to a questioning, solemn wag. What was wrong? He was busy studying his own paws, and when he continued speaking again, it was like the missing piece of a puzzle settling into place. So the male half of the leadership was mates with another. That was.. troublesome indeed. "That doesn't bode well. Who is-?" But then he was interrupted, a large, but young, female shouting father and hopping through the bushes. Her eyes were, for a moment, glued onto Ice, who stared back with disbelief and confusion written across his face. Father? Surely she was mistaken - as far as he knew, he'd never done that thing with a female! But he had to admit, they were quite similar... Thickly built, pale in color, eyes that weren't clear blue, green or a wolf shade of amber or brown... Logic defied the possibility though, and she seemed to understand the same thing, for she apologized and dropped her gaze.

She seemed thoroughly embarrassed, but Ice couldn't stop staring at her with a sort of what the hell just happened look on his face. He was quite far from upset, just mystified - Reed seemed to know her by name, and that made sense, since she smelled like the pack. It wasn't until the red-hued male tried to introduce them that he regained composure, switching back to his usual grin and tailwag. "Pleasure to meet you, Narimé!" he chimed in, looking at her again. Future huntress, hm? He was right about her young age, then, despite her buff frame. "Do you like hunting?" For some reason it felt better to try and include her, get her into safe territory so perhaps she could forget the initial embarrassment. For once, Ice wasn't the most awkward wolf around, at least so it seemed. And curious as he was to know more about the situation between Koda and Elettra, it didn't feel right prying, especially not above the head of a relative child. She looked to be around Fenru's age, and the Tainn yearling wasn't the best hunter - yet. It was good with ambition, though, dreams; he'd not dreamed much as a child past the point of one day earning his father's love and breathing in his presence without fear.. but that had never happened, so he'd moved on to other dreams, better dreams. At the moment, he was strangely content with his life, though. Marsh had seen to that. Marsh just made everything better, simply by existing. He didn't know it, but something wistful and dreamy came into his eyes as his thoughts touched the auburn male, a faraway look as if suddenly gone in daydreaming.
.ice aesir
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
If she had no fur the two males surely wouuld have seen her blushing from
head to paw. She was very quiet when Reed introduced her and still had a hard time
looking back to the white stranger in order to greet him properly. With her head held high
she tried to look proud for her pack, but her nervous words contradicted her visage.

Ye..Yes I like hunting. It's fun and umm... Your name is Ice sir? I'm sorry.." She
finally looked back into his pale eyes and licked her chest fur shyly. She was starting
to get depressed again. I'm never going to find him.... She looked back down to
the ground then glanced up to Reed questioningly.

This Ice guy seemed very nice and polite. Even if she was embarassed about what
had just happened she couldn't not be nice to him. But now that she thought about it
this guy's scent was odd. It was the scent that had been on Jessie and Cali. Were
they all from Swift River pack? Then why was he here? She didn't want to be
rude after he was being so kind to her but she was very curious about the white male now.

"You are from Swift River pack right?" She asked innocently then ducked her head
as she watched his reaction. "So what are you doing all the way over here?" She finished.
The gray girl smiled at him while trying to change the topic from herself. She was trying
to forget her earlier mishap.

Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)

Inactive III. Hunter
Reed Acoy
Why did it seem women were always so easily embarrassed? Almost smirking, the fiery man retained his expression, eyes locking onto Nari's as she glanced up at him. Her blue-purple hued eyes were questioning. She then turned her head toward Ice, asking him why exactly he was so far from his pack. Now allowing his smile to come across his lips, he spoke "Perhaps he just enjoys a good travel." He looked to the lighter colored man, nodding his head. With his tail still swaying gently, he looked back to Nari, who was hopefully calming from her blush.

Reed was enjoying the presence of this Swift River wolf. Not many other pack members were so open and friendly- was it only because they were so close to the Ridge borders? The question stuck like glue within his mind. "I'd love to do some traveling myself, but I think I'd rather wait 'till Willow Ridge has been around awhile longer..." A slight grumble of laughter erupted from his throat; it was more so a titter.

His sunny eyes looked to the long-legged young woman beside him. She had probably traveled more than he had. Well, Reed has ventured here and there, but certainly not as much as he'd like to. Besides, she was young, and could get away with a lot more. Reed was a second; a lot more responsibility rode upon his shoulders. Ah, to be young again...
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
If she had said no I hate hunting he would've been surprised, and in hindsight, it had been a really stupid question to ask. Why was she an aspiring Huntress if she didn't have a particular interest in tracking, bringing down prey and keeping food caches full? D'uh. It was the sort of question Ice would've facepalmed someone for. "Yes, and no worries!" he told her with a gentle, patient smile. So far, he didn't think anyone had accidentally mistaken his name for eyes, which it was quite similar to as far as sounds went, but one day would likely be the first. Clearly, it wasn't today. His gaze was getting slightly lost again as he stood thinking, tail swaying solemnly behind him. Narimé seemed to be recovering well enough, hoisting her head up, and something in her gaze seemed to grow curious, and sharp. Her attention came back to him and Ice snapped alert, tumbling out of his empty reverie and into reality. Ears twitched and he blinked once, then zoned his eyes in on her face. One 'brow arched quizzically at her question, a faint laugh drawn from him as Reed answered in his stead. Perhaps, if it hadn't come from such a youthful creature and in such a curious fashion, it could've been taken as hostile and rude (after all, he was a stranger within easy distance of their territory), but as it was, he just gave a shy grin.

"My paws carry me here and there," he answered in a musing voice. It was true that he wandered quite a lot, but the majority of his life was spent in the Grove - these days, patrolling borders, playing with pups, guarding pups, playing with Triell, hunting... Life was good, and he nodded to Reed's wisdom. "Perhaps that's a good idea. I wasn't quite at all sure you were real or not until I found you just now, but apparently, you were real." He gave another of his small grins, and padded a little closer. They were still a bit apart, as both males had stopped at a respectful distance initially. Moist earth cushioned his paws, wet blades of grass rubbing off on his equally wet legs. A bit closer now he stopped again, curiously peering at the puddle before looking up to Narimé. "Have you met any other River wolves, Narimé?" he asked her kindly, not sure if she'd simply heard when he told Reed of his pack. If she hadn't.. well, then she'd probably met another and recognized him by scent. Not that Ice needed to keep tabs on his pack mates, but he was fairly curious about what they were up to - if they wandered quite as far as wide as he sometimes did.
.ice aesir