(See All?) Announcements
523 Users Online
Bing, Google

Wherefore art thou Romeo? — Hidden Grotto 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/caved.jpg) bottom no-repeat; background-color: #301e4e;">

The memories came crashing back down on her one by one as she slowly lost the will to fight back. What had happened to make him this way? This wasn’t the wolf she remembered. Had everyone else been right all along? They couldn’t be. It couldn’t be right. Something must have happened to make him this way... Where was Lilly? All that she had managed to gather told her that Rhysis and her daughter vanished in the same storm that trapped her and Adonis out of Poison Path and the lands of Lore.

Her heart sunk as she screwed her eyes shut. All hope was lost. Her daughter was dead. But how?

Her thoughts were interrupted as sharp teeth clamped down on her leg and an involuntary yelp escaped her mouth as she frantically looked about to see if her son had run. She had lost sight of him and for a moment she felt relief, until she spotted the shadow of his father about to clamp down on the leg of the beast.

This wasn’t her Rhysis.

Another growl worked its way from her chest as she lifted the other leg to scratch at his face the same way she had dislodged that damn beaver. He was too far up her leg for her to reach his head with her teeth so instead she used her mouth speak. Something she hadn’t done much of for a very long time.

”Adonis, RUN!”

code by bryony
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>
<i>His teeth sank in, but they were so small, but it appeared to give the black wolf a bit of a jolt, enough that his attention loosened on his mothers limb, giving her that chance to escape. The delight of seeing that he had done something useful took him by surprise, so much so that he didn't seen the hind foot of the male coming towards him and kicking him sharply in the chest. He lost his grip and back peddled, but did not fall. With his mothers words shouting in his ears, he did as he was told. He turned and ran as fast as his legs would carry him, whilst sending out a silent prayer that his mother was right on his heels.
He had screwed up, he knew that, but he couldn't ask her to pay twice for his mistakes. First the golden wolf and now the black... when would he learn to stop trusting strangers!</i>

There was a sharp sting, not from the front where the claws of the female dug into his chest, but on the ankle. On a spot so tender he almost let a yelp escape, as tiny teeth as sharp as daggers cut into the flesh and nudged the bone. He released the leg of the female and sent a strong kick backwards, hoping to whack the little bugger out for good. Once his foot had connected he turned, using his rear to thrust into the side of the female to try and knock her as he snapped after the pup, but it was long gone by now.

<b>"Well there goes desert."</b> he grumbled as he turned back to the female, ready for round two.[/I]</blockquote>
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/caved.jpg) bottom no-repeat; background-color: #301e4e;">

She knew it was coming, that her words wouldn’t be heard until it was too late, but as needle-like teeth dug into the ankles of the male who had held of her leg, the thin bones threatening to snap at any moment, he finally let her go. Her heart stopped as the powerful leg lashed out and she was proud to see her son did not falll, but merely stumbled before turning on his tail and running. Finally. She thought with mild relief as her son fled as she had ordered.

And with her son safe from harm, the tawny wolf no longer felt fear.

The grumble from the male before her did not fall on deaf ears and it was just like every other argument they had ever had before. She knew how it would end, but for now, it would seem to be the best thing for all of them. She needed to be near her children and she would not allow such a volatile beast in their presence.

Sharp golden eyes finally cleared from the cloud that had been following her as her ears flattened and her voice grew cold. Familiar eyes finally locked and the words left her mouth effortlessly for the first time in what felt like a lifetime.

”Where is our daughter Rhysis? Where is Lilly?”

Subconsciously she braced as if the world were about to collapse beneath them. She knew the answer, in her heart. But she wondered if the wolf before her did as well...

code by bryony
(This post was last modified: Sep 18, 2012, 11:07 AM by Naira.)

Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote>
<b>"Lilly..."</b>

The shock on his face was obvious. The snarling ceased, the wrinkled nose relaxed and he lifted his head, almost as if he were in a trace. His voice was suddenly a whisper, as if the mere mention of her name was a secret.
Within the back of his mind, there was a blur of white. As if something was buried under all of the rubbish that lay there. In the darkness there was a beacon of light, shining like a star in the murky night. Lilly. She stood there, tall and proud. A rare but cheeky smile on her face, her smile masked the poor state of her body... the bones that jutted from her skin which ever her thick white fur couldn't hide. The angle of her neck, that suddenly flopped to a sickening, unnatural position. It all came flooding back...

<b>"Lilly!"</b> he shouted, his voice echoing from tree to tree. The panic was evident upon his face. The turmoil, the torment veiled his eyes as he stood looking into space. His guard completely down, his entire body was beginning to vibrate. <b>"No, NO! Please no!"</b> he shouted again before he lowered his head, closing his eyes as tightly as he could as he tried to block the image of his perfect princess. Her smile had faded now, her eyes had lost their sparkle and her body had fallen into a heap within the darkness of his mind. Like snakes, the darkness slithered across her tiny body until she vanished completely, leaving him in darkness once more.
He remembered her. Perhaps the only thing he did remember as even his name was lost to him. Yet how could he forget her... forget what he did to her.

<b>"I... I didn't. I. I didn't mean to. I promise."</b> he said, his voice shaky and back to a whisper, his head shook back and forth in a gesture of no, rocking himself to find some stability as his bones shook, his legs felt like jelly and his head reeled with images of his daughter.
<b>"Why wouldn't she shut up!"</b> he then shouted, his levels going up and down, as erratic as his mind and body felt, his voice was uncontrollable and getting louder.
<b>"I tried. I couldn't-"</b> he then whispered once more before his unnatural eyes snapped open and stared before him, looking right through the female to where his daughter stood. As real to him as his father was. She stood there, looking at him. Hurt evident in her eyes as she began to whine. <b>"I'm so sorry... I-"</b> he said as he took a shaky step forwards. His mind telling him she was real and here. Free from his mind to stand before him as real as he was... Yet each step forward he took she began to vanish from him until she dematerialized just as he reached for her. <b>"No! Come back! LILLY! I'm sorry!"</b> he shouted, snarled and collapsed all at the same time. Falling to a quivering ball upon the floor as his eyes glistened... his daughter was gone, and it was all his fault.

The female forgotten, he began to quietly sob. <b>"Lilly..."</b>
</blockquote>
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

A cold shiver raced down her spine as he looked straight through her. Always a superstitious wolf, she couldn’t help but feel her daughter was near.

She had been through it already, late at night while Adonis slept. Mourning for each of her children, who she was sure would not survive without her. Through some miracle, Bella and Datura had pulled through, but would this broken beast before he recognise their names any more than he would recognise his own? Lilly had changed him, from the first tiny peep from her snowy white muzzle. She had often wondered if her daughter would inherit her grandmother’s mismatched eyes, one blue and one gold... but she had always known it wasn’t meant to be. He had held on to her, believing her to be so much more of a fighter than she really was.

She never stood a chance.

She watched the shuddering wreck before her. He seemed so harmless now but would she dare step closer and risk him lashing out at her? She still had another child to care for. One just as frail as the little white scrap he had tried so hard to save...

She wanted to know, why had he left? Why didn’t he find her? How could he leave Bella and Datura alone?

But this was not the time.

She had to choose...

She would always chose her children. Until Adonis was safe, protected by a pack and surrounded by his siblings, she just couldn’t risk dealing with such an unhinged creature. So she turned and began to walk in the direction her son had vanished but before she disappeared from sight, she turned for one final glance at the wolf who had been her world. The one she had broken all the rules for, and would do it all again given the chance.

The words were barely a whisper, and yet rang across the almost silent clearing as if she had shouted down into a valley. “I love you Rhysis.”

And then she was gone.

code by bryony