(See All?) Announcements
465 Users Online
Bing, Google

monster overture — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
If this thing ate Borden, Sibyl had no idea how she was supposed to scare it off without getting eaten herself. There was no way she could fight him and win. Outrun him, maybe, but the girls wouldn't be able to run fast enough, nor could she leave them behind. She was simply trapped in the most terrifying staring contest of her life. For whatever reason, the beast took a step back and Sibyl took one herself. She couldn't trust him to just up and leave for good. He must be planning something, a trick, she thought.

Sibyl sprung off the ground when a loud snarl roared out from behind her and was facing the other direction when her toes met the ground. She nearly ran away this time, but was thankful to find the scarred white visage of one of the Hollow wolves. Sibyl was no less scared, but thankful. She wasn't entirely confident the woman would be a match for a wolf-eating monster, but more of a match than Sibyl would have been.

She heard another snarl, and though she couldn't see past Vlarindara's wide shoulders, the scent that wafted past her was of Kade. The black and white wolves would serve enough to occupy the trespasser, and Sibyl turned her attention back to the pups. Mostly Sibyl just wanted to leave, get out of the way and go hide somewhere, but the girls needed to come with. She pressed her snout first into Calla's side, then Taima's, trying to nudge them into moving. <b>"We need to get out of here, let's go,"</b> Sibyl whispered, her voice unsteady with fear. She would try to urge them out of the way, into the bordering trees and away from the impending violence.
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by Whisper who has 32 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

A whimper as Sibyl appeared, Calla trying her best to remain hidden in the fur of her elder sibling, trying to appear as small and invisible as she could. Taima would protect them! Right..? A stunted, growling set of words came - and puppy-blue eyes looked up over Taima's hide, focusing on Sibyl. Yay! A hollow wolf.. they'd protect them! Right? She wasn't stupid in the ways of instinct or body language.. and Calla knew instantly that Sibyl, despite being much bigger than them was just as scared. She whimpered again and hunkered down, her tiny needle-like tail curled so far beneath her legs it seemed she didn't HAVE a tail.

The snarl that reverberated the air made her yelp and try her best to bury her nose.. and entire muzzle.. or face if she could manage it - under Taima's armpit. If you don't see it, it doesn't exist! She missed the approach of the white mammoth that was the Hollow's highest ranked female aside from mother.. But she didn't miss Sibyls jump of fright.. Which elicited yet another yelp out of her, shivering violently. Oh go away.. go away.. WHERE WAS MOM AND DAD?!?!

The third snarl that arrived was a lower tamber, much deeper than the first set of growls.. and one that terrified her. Even as Sibyl began nudging her, CAlla remained as still and curled up as a stone. Her breath was coming in fast, dizzying pants - eyes far too wide, with far too much white showing. Go away go away...She tried to keep her face hidden under her sister.. but if Taima moved, her face would be hidden - under her own paws.. a high pitched keening whine constantly coming from her - almost in a nonstop way.. Each exhalation of breath doing so with the terrified sound.

Table by Katsuma
user posted image
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

The wolf moved and with him - the white behemoth that put it upon herself to protect the packs pups. Vlarindara snarled as she lunged forward, snapping her jaws together with a narrow-eyed warning as Sica took his first step.. The second and third steps were followed with movements of the white wolfs own paws. As he turned to run, racing up the embankment, Vlarindara took off after him. The wolfess did her best to catch up to the male, but like him, she struggled up the embankment, her paws sliding on the slippery surface.

Jaws snapped angrily at his heels - ears pinned against her head. If he simply ran out of their territory, that would be enough for her, but Vlarindara wasn't going to give him the chance to return to their lands. She had every intention of well and truly chasing the trespassing wolf not only from the pups general vicinity, but out of Cedarwood forest entirely...Maybe not quite *THAT* far.. but she wanted him OUT.

table by katsuma
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
Sounds good to me Tabs :)
<blockquote>Heart pumping wildly, she frantically checked nearby brush for Calla's scent. It was there, and she continued following it with haste. A bark broke her concentration, and she paused, looking back to see Follko. Heaving chest, and rapidly panting breaths she answered,<b>"Something's after the girls."</b> She did not wait for words, or reaction. She had no time, and bolted onward again. Lungs and throat burned in same ache as her limbs. At last she made it to the hillside, where she just spotted her Guardians taking after some strange wolf. Sybil was near her pups, it seemed trying to encourage them away from this place. Mismatched eyes eagerly sought her daughters.With a lowered head, she brushed a noses with Taima, before softly poke Calla's pale form. <b><i>"Taima, Calla,"</b></i> she breathlessly whispered,<b>"Come, we need to move."</b> She doubted the monster was coming back. One could not be sure, and she wasn't sure how long her sons would stay put. Why had he been here in the first place? Had he tried to take them? She didn't know. A soft whine would plead from within her throat to her youngest daughter. She hated to see fear within her, how it held her so tightly. <b>"I'll carry you,"</b> she offered, looming protectively over the two, letting them realize it was okay despite everything else.

Briefly her eyes went to Sybil, gratitude in her colored irises. Against her fear she had come to protect them, and it spoke volumes to the pale leader. Sybil had a good soul, she could be trusted to do the right thing. Jaysyek had always assumed such, but it did her own heart good to know. Too many times wolves counted on, were not there. Borden entered her thoughts. Where was he? She remembered Follko, he had been detained and she lifted her head to find the gray wolf. All the while he ears kept turned back, listening to the angry replies the intruder was getting. She was making sure they were fading, not growing. She did not doubt Kade nor Vlar would have troubles. </blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Grey who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
<blockquote><i>"We need to get out of here, let's go."</i> The voice that met her ears when the air went silent for a split second barely reached the girl, but a soft nudge from Sibyl's muzzle only made Taima shift slightly to the side. It wasn't until Jaysyek's voice washed over her that she sprung into action. She blindly scrambled towards her mother's figure, though her eyes were open wide with fear. Desperately she tried to press herself into the leader's lengthy limbs and bury her forehead into the warmth of her ivory coat. She shivered. <i>Mom is here,</i> she told herself. <i>The monster is gone... because Mom is here.</i>

It took a few seconds for the girl to steady herself but when she did she sadly glanced up into Sibyl and Jaysyek's faces, anticipating some form of reprimanding. As soon as the thought of being scolded popped into her head, she averted her eyes and crept backwards towards her mother's side and flank with her tail tucked beneath her. Mom had told her to move so... she <i>moved</i>. Doing something she was told would delay any harsh words, right? She noticed Jaysyek was searching for someone or something (or maybe even the rogue wolf) and she followed her gaze into the depths of the forest before taking a step back. Growing more terrified again at the thought of the intruder returning and being faced with the sight of a vicious Kade and Vlarindara, she let out a terrified whimper as if to remind the adults that they were still at the scene of the breach.</blockquote>
Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Jayse left the two boys with Follko? While she went to help the girls out? That's what I'm thinking.
I will change it if that's not the case. Just tell me. :)

Follko's eyes widened when Jaysyek said that Taima and Calla were
in danger. Thoughts raced through his mind as he watched his leader
sprint away. The two pups whom she'd had brought all the way out here
seemed dazed and confused. Follko realized that she didn't want him to follow.
She wanted him to stay with the two boys. Even so after realizing the girls were not
safe the dark man's fur began to bristle and his legs once again itched to go and tear
ass through the woods after whatever monster was attacking the pups.

"Well boys you're having an exciting day aren't ya?" Follko gave the
two pups a wry smile and sat down near them. He wasn'tsure if he should
take them along or bring them back to the den. I think Jaysyek will come back
soon. Or at least she'll call us over or something..
He took a few deep breaths
trying to release his nerves. The older wolf hoped the two girls were alright, but now
he had to watch their siblings. All that went through Follko's head were the bodies
of Calla and Taima all mangled up by some bobcat. A shiver went up his spine
as Follko looked back into the woods keeping one eye onto his charge. Then after
a few minutes he felt only slightly impatient. So the blackish wolf stood up and
howled. His howl was a "where is everyone?" howl which was not short but not
a long hunting howl either.

Lowering his head again Follko waited to hear the answers of his packmates.
If anything he just wanted to know where they were. If they were all together
someplace then maybe he would bring the two pups to the rest of the pack. The old
wolf knew they would be safer with more packmates around, but if the pack was all over
the territory he would just sit tight and wait for Jaysyek to get back.

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<i>Fffff. Just realized all nine of you guys (powerplayed slightly or not) are in here so... heck. GH thread with ALL the members!</i>

<blockquote>The brief howl that sounded out through the Cedarwood reached Borden's ears in a matter of seconds. Follko had not gone too far, but the leader actually hadn't moved much either an hour or so after the duo had disposed of a rogue bobcat on the edges of the territory. One of his rounded-ears twitched and without a second thought, he sounded out a simple song, one that just relayed to the dark-pelted man and the pack that he was about... and within earshot. Why Follko had asked for an attendance 'call' was not well beyond Borden but he was rather glad it was made. He fell silent as he turned about, facing in the direction from where the request had come from, and listened.

His eye still stung and it had taken him quite a bit of self-control to keep himself from lifting a paw to scratch at his face to rub it. He waited for a few minutes then began to slowly make his way toward Follko's location. What eventually materialized before him was a curious sight. The ebon man had taken up a watchful post near Jaysyek's first birthing den. He let out a soft bark to announce his arrival, not wanting to startle him.

He was just about ready to question why he had come to this particular place when Renier and Ryvet's scent curled in his nostrils. Follko was <i>guarding</i> them. Rather than asking or prying about what was going on, he stepped to the subordinate's side then lowered his head to peer into the depths of the gnarled, hollowed out tree trunk. The boys seemed all right at least. He silently glanced back to Follko and steadied himself, continuing to listen to the buzz of the forest around them. Something was not right... He could sense it in the air.</blockquote>
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
Sibyl's gentle nudge to the two pups proved useless, as both Taima and Calla were glued in place. Sibyl's heart was beating a more frantic pace, feeling like it would nearly burst from her ribs, at realizing if the girls wouldn't move, she could not, either. A keening whine escaped from her throat, both imploring the children to move and expressing her own anxiety at the situation. Her legs were shaking like four thin saplings in a tornado, and the light sensation in her head made her feel like she was nearly going to pass out. The only thing that prevented her from doing so was remembering how Kiche had fallen unconscious, in his own urine no less, in front of a raging bear. Fainting hadn't helped him then, and it certainly wouldn't help her now. Instead, her tiny body crouched alert beside the pups, as if the small wisp of flesh and blood that made up Sibyl's physique could protect anything.

Her ears were folded down against her head and her quivering limbs crouched in anticipation for something. She would stay put, for now, but if the beast returned she would be dragging the girls away by their tails if she had to. She intently listened to the snaps and snarls that were fading into the distance, but a frenzied rustle of leaves and paws drumming against the forest floor were heard. Who could it be? The monster returned? Reinforcements for either side? Her muscles coiled in preparation for action, but the tension released when she saw the snowy pelt and dual hued eyes of Jaysyek make their appearance. Sibyl thanked the stars she had not been eaten.

Stepping back, Sibyl allowed the matriarch room to reunite with her daughters. Hopefully <i>she</i> could get them to move where Sibyl had failed. At the least, the two of them could be able to carry them both away without leaving either child behind. Taima was huddled under the pale form of her mother, curled up and whimpering at what Sibyl could only assume was from the threat of the trespasser.

Sibyl's head ducked at the acknowledgement Jaysyek cast towards her once the girls were accounted for. This really was the least the little wolf could do, as she couldn't really go storming off after the intruder like the two guardians had. <b>"M-miss Jaysyek, thank goodness you're here."</b> Sibyl squeaked. <b>"Is everyone-"</b> she started, before the seeking howl of Follko interrupted her. Well, he hadn't been eaten, at least. The question of whether Borden, or the boys, had been devoured or not she left unasked. Now was not probably a good time for her to bring the issue up with his mate, when trouble still loomed. Jaysyek didn't need that to worry about, too. Sibyl shook her head, then continued, <b>"I can help... Carry one of them... If you'd like, miss."</b> She glanced down to the two scared little bundles of fur at their feet.
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
okay I am ending this thread with this since it's been awhile.

<blockquote>Her mismatched eyes would again look to the hill, wondering if there was a fight now or if the loner was scarce. She could hardly breath a sigh of relief yet, and calmly titled her head to see Sibyl's tawny mask. She seemed shaken, and yet steady in the way she had answered, and remained with her pups. Swiftly she nodded her head at her subordinate's offer. She could see her daughter were still petrified. <b>"Taima, Sibyl is going to carry you , I"ll be right in front of you with Calla. It's alright, Kade and Vlar are much bigger then him, and everyone else is safe."</b> She bent down, and retrieved Calla by her scruff. It was with a final look to the horizon, and Sibyl's golden gaze she hurried off to where she had left her sons. She couldn't help but think how badly this day could have ended in those quick strides to the hollow tree.

When she returned she placed her daughter with her brothers, and made sure Taima was tucked in as well. She would not explain what happened, she would brush into Borden, mutter a thanks to Follko, and then rest her head down to nuzzle her pups. For now they were safe and sound. Later she would get the full story from everyone with Borden's help. Now she tried not to think what the stranger had really wanted, how he had so easily walked over the lines of Grizzly Hollow.

{end}</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]