(See All?) Announcements
624 Users Online
Viorel, Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Sophrosnia

remember what you're here for — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
<i>Give 'em hell, turn their heads; gonna live life til we're dead. Give me scars, give me pain. Then just say to me, say to me, say to me, "There goes a fighter, there goes a fighter, <b>here comes a fighter</b></i>...
Gym Class Heroes - <a href='http://youtu.be/bxV-OOIamyk' target='_blank'>The Fighter</a>

<blockquote><i>Nightfall; Partly cloudy; Current Temperature: 48º F/ 9º C</i>

Since the coyote "<i>scare</i>," which Corinna helped him overcome, it had occurred to Fenru how <i>poorly</i> he had been behaving since the beginning of summer. Now that the season had started to taper off with the cooler nights of autumn, the yearling had impulsively and ultimately decided he was going to make not just his mother or father proud, but the <i>whole</i> pack. While it had taken some time for the boy to muster up the courage, the slowly-sinking realization of his father's absence had begun to take its toll. If Indru had succumbed to wanderlust yet again, then <i>he</i> would have to step it up. Rihael... Well... Rihael could manage, and somehow Fenru would have to figure out where he stood against him. But the time for that moment was not yet up; tonight was intended for something else.

After stalking and sorting out what he understood about the family, the wolves under his mother's rule, he realized that the wolf directly above him in the hierarchy was the large, tawny male who had abruptly showed up Swift River's doorstep so many months ago. The masked stranger, he learned, who was indebted to Indru and whatever kindness he had paid him. Angier...

Boldly the young Tainn lurked through the Grove, eager to seek out the wolf who had once sent him cowering in his sibling's or parent's shadows. It had been noted how carefully Angier had kept to himself, quick to elude the pack aside from pack meetings. There was no way this man could be fulfilling his promise when Indru has gone missing or even minding his duty as self-acclaimed hunter and cache stocker. Something had to be up and it was up to him to set him straight and put him in his place. Fenru was no longer the fearful pup he had been in his younger days but, rather, the man his father had once hoped he would be.

Throwing caution to the wind, he allowed an exhilarated growl escape his throat then proceeded with a loud, harsh bark that dared to beckon his opponent. <b><i>"LYALL!"</i></b> His hackles rose as he neared the edges of the territory that bordered the lands that held the Drooping Willows. <b>"LYALL!"</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2012, 07:26 AM by Fenru.)

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>To hear his name bellowed through the Grove was startling, especially since the tone belonged to a youthful voice... and it was neither strained, as in being under stress or choked by fear, nor <i>friendly</i> in the very least. <i>"LYALL!"</i> Again, his surname was barked out, seemingly louder than the last, and Angier unlocked his joints. As a pack wolf he had no choice but to obey. By the sound of it, he could easily discern that it was one of Corinna's sons. One of the yearlings.

His large ears fell back against his ruff and after what seemed like ages, he reached the edge of the Swift River's grounds, marked prominently by Corinna and her guards. His body lowered instinctively as he approached the youth's darkened figure. He had just returned from a two-day visit to Willow Ridge, depositing a hare and what seemed like it had once been apart of deer leg on the borders before turning and making the two-day trek back home. He knew better than to guess that <i>carried</i> the scent of <i>Elettra's</i> pack. There was no denying the fact that he had been missing from Swift River's boundaries; it was very clear that this yearling (there was no way that this wolf was timid, little Fenru, could it?) had noticed.

He swallowed nervously, averting his pale eyes and sitting passively before the boy. His jaw clenched as his tail managed to tuck up against his belly. He hoped he had chosen the right form of address. After all, this was his master's son. According to Angier, Indru and Corinna's blood were owed just as much respect and submission as their parents. <b>"S-sir?"</b> An anxious, high-pitched whine slipped briefly from his lips and he was quick to stifle it with a sentence, <b>"To... T-T' what do I owe this pleasure?"</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2012, 07:57 AM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
<blockquote>It had taken some time but when the Angier manifested before him, Fenru was surprised to see the giant practically <i>crumble</i> before him just as quickly as he emerged. <i>"S-sir?"</i> The voice that rose from the subordinate was almost pitiful. After all that time being rather very intimidated by Angier's size, it seemed like his fear had been a waste. Fenru had been afraid... of nothing. Even after all this time. <i>"To... T-T' what do I owe this pleasure?"</i>

The fur along Fenru's nape and shoulder rose and, in harnessing his newfound anger and confidence, began to circle the older male. He snorted, the memorized scent of Willow Ridge stinging his nostrils; it was in this moment that he made a mental note to thank Ice for taking him on that venture to Southern Eden last month. If he had not given into the need for adventure, he would not have been able to recognize the wolves of Willow Ridge by scent alone. Disgusted, to say the least, the Tainn growled and rounded on Angier so that he stood before him, staring down the length of his muzzle to the spot just above Angier's brow. <b>"Willow Ridge is not recognized as an ally to Swift River. What business do you have with them as to travel there?!"</b> he pressed, baring his teeth as his bristled tail curling over his back.

Assumptions, at this point, was Fenru's best shot at getting Angier to give up what he so desperately wanted. Answers. The truth. Maybe he would shed light upon what had happened to Indru and Torrel, even if he did not directly smell like either of them. <b>"Did Corinna grant you permission to scope out their lands? To seek an allegiance I am unaware of? Has Indru released you from your duties? What were you doing there?! SPEAK!"</b></blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote><i>"Willow Ridge is not recognized as an ally to Swift River. What business do you have with them as to travel there?!"</i> The demanding question snapped at his eardrums and Angier cowered. <b>"N-nothing,"</b> he whispered. <b>"Nothing... I-I s-s-swear."</b> His eyes closed and he shuddered, anticipating the sensation of Fenru's fangs in his pelt, somewhere along his neck, ribs, elbows or limbs. The interrogation continued, <i>"Did Corinna grant you permission to scope out their lands? To seek an allegiance I am unaware of?"</i> Angier shook his head guiltily. <i>"Has Indru released you from your duties?"</i> The Lyall cringed and shook his head more blatantly than before. <i>"What were you doing there?! SPEAK!"</i>

<i>Speak.</i> The tan-pelted brute opened his mouth but found no words would ever validate his excuses. He had gone to Elettra to secure himself a place under her wing, to have her protect him when Indru or Corinna could not. It wasn't like anyone was out to get him (even though the possibility that Borden still might bring him to his downfall was still feasible in his mind) but, still, the worry of starving to death or finding himself the victim of an unfortunate rogue attack gnawed at him. The next words he spoke, sputtered from his tongue and lips, not wanting to allow Fenru anymore vantage points, <b>"I left on my own accord... in search of aid. You cannot... You cannot reproach me for seeking help.</b> His voice became frantic, <b>"The caches have been starting to remain empty for days at a time! Don't tell me I'm wrong, that you 'aven't noticed it too!"</b>

His brow creased and he closed his eyes, every bit of his large frame quivering and shaking. <b>"P-Please,"</b> he begged, his voice starting to drop to a murmur again. <b>"<i>Please</i>. Forgive me. <i>Forgive me.</i> I will... do what you ask... whatever you ask... Please... I will not leave again."</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
<blockquote>To be forgiving was something that Fenru had learned early in life. It had started with forgiving his family for showing up and leaving without his knowing and Indru, his father, for returning after being absent for the first few months of his life... the time that he, his siblings, and his mother had needed him most. Now, his father was out of touch again and though Fenru's time with him had been short and he had used every single moment to find out who he was and what he truly needed, the boy felt his heart harden. Indru, he figured, had promised to never leave... and he <i>probably had</i>. If the River leader came back home, the yearling decided his vow had already been broken and he would not be as lenient as he had before. Two leaders were needed to run a pack as large and prosperous as Swift River and to abandon one's post was perhaps the most offensive misdeed in the young Tainn's growing mind.

Angier had left. He had even coughed up excuses as to why he had wandered so far away from the territory. It wasn't by means of hunting or foraging or tracking or scouting... Angier had gone off in search of help... from Willow Ridge. <b>"<i>Swift River doesn't need help,</i>"</b> he growled. <b>"It needs your loyalty! Your dedication! The caches are not well-stocked because your duty as a hunter has gone unfulfilled!"</b> Another growl built up in his throat and Fenru snapped his jaws as he stepped to the side to stare straight at the Lyall's downturned face, <b>"You say you'll do as I ask then hear me now. <i>I hereby relieve you of your duty and whatever charges you have owed Swift River.</i> You will leave Sacred Grove and <i>never</i> return. Should you even come close to these lands again, I will personally see that you are not entitled to any contact with my family. You have done <i>enough</i> and we no longer require your services."</b></blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>The words the boy spoke were well beyond his years, or rather <i>maturity level</i>, and it felt like a slap to the face to hear that he was being relieved of the duties he had sworn to the pack not by Indru Tainn, but the River leader's son. Fenru, he realized since the first day they had met at the pack meeting, had never been as bold or as particular as his siblings, but actually rather <i>quiet</i> and meek. To take the yearling's words to heart and discover that his time had might as well been spent as one of Swift River's members stung in itself apart from the fact that he had been disobedient and foolish to think that his absence from the Grove would have gone unnoticed. Angier flinched as he heard the Tainn shift, staring now at one of the dark-clawed, ivory paws.

He blinked, staring for sometime as he thought of what to say. Saying 'sorry' wasn't going to cover it anymore, especially since he had been found out. He had blown it, not just for himself but for Vlarindara as well. <i>Vlarindara</i>... His heart sank. Somewhere along the lines of trying to secure himself on another leader's <i>good side</i>, he had completely forgotten that he and the white lady had been tied to one another. <b>"What about V-Vlarin-dara?"</b> he asked, not daring to meet the glare that was undoubtedly on Fenru's face. <b>"Will you still allow her entry? Security, safety? Yer father promised us refuge, to be together and still serve the pack. I might have lost yer trust but she has not done anything wrong. I beg of you, please, if she has any need for your help, extend it to her."</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
<blockquote><b>"<i>No.</i>"</b> The single word was quick to leave his tongue. It didn't matter what his father had said or guaranteed anymore. He was not here, and in his stead, Fenru <i>was</i> in this moment. The wrinkles along his muzzle deepened as his lips curled upward even further. His ears pressed forward and he clenched his teeth together as he waited for the pale man to make his final departure.

A small but domineering nudge was made to Angier's shoulder. Perhaps that would get him going... <i><b>"Leave."</b></i> His tail arched above his back now as he held his stance. He had anticipated a fight, but was rather glad to some degree that it had not even come close to even an exchange of snarls or blows. The older male had much more weight to his advantage, as well as a couple years of experience, and Fenru would not even dare to imagine what a full-out row would have been like if Angier had been the opposite of the wolf he was now. His claws dug into the ground assuredly. It was better like this. The others might not have noticed Angier's disappearances but it was very apparent to Fenru that he was gone. Wherever the Lyall's duties had fallen through, a chance for the yearling to prove himself opened up and he could only imagine how prolific his new life as a ranked member under his mother's rule could be.</blockquote>

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote><i>Denied. Rejected. Forsaken.</i> Angier should have seen this coming. He had forgotten and it had been all his fault. What could he tell her now? That the offer he had provided her was no longer... <i>good</i>? That he had been thoughtless and selfish? She loved him, or so he thought... If he told her of what had happened, he would no longer have <i>trust</i>. What kind of soul continued to have faith in him if he kept tripping over his own words?

The command to leave brought the tawny male back to reality and the pressing of Fenru's nose to his shoulder made him jump. He sidestepped away from the yearling and glanced up piteously into his masked face. The whine in his throat was swallowed down in the pit of his stomach and without another word, he disappeared into the trees and crossed the cool currents of the Swift River - never to return as he steadily made his way towards the lands where drooping willows and spacious meadows prevailed over the land instead of towering trees.</blockquote>

Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
<blockquote>Fenru watched motionlessly as the male vanished into the night. His stiff frame relaxed and his tail grew still at his heels. The angered expression on his face smoothed and eventually he stood there in silence. He glanced over his shoulders and was relieved when he saw and scented that no one had witnessed his display. It was liberating to hold so much <i>power</i>, but the boy was not yet ready to have his mother, his siblings, or even Ice to see this side of him. This was only a rehearsal of sorts and it had run its course in preparing him for any trials to come.

For about fifteen minutes, he waited and listened. Angier did not look back, nor did he even stop to say anything else. When Fen was confident that the brute had left for good, he turned around and began to make his way towards the den. Halfway there, he changed his mind and opted to follow Ice's trail where the Guardian had recently patrolled. A comforted smile graced his muzzle and, falling into step, he pledged to himself that he would fill and <i>own</i> the place where the Lyall had once been.</blockquote>