(See All?) Announcements
557 Users Online
Google, Bing

A Subtle Divide — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kate who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaeri Reuin
<blockquote>Well. That was obvious enough she supposed. They needed something to keep their lungs expanding and she supposed it was much the same for fish. They had slits in the sides of their bodies after all, and while she had seen a number of those on creatures that lived in the water, she had never spotted such a thing on any species that roamed the earth. No, it wasn't so much the fact of them breathing water (though being able to breath under water was a fascinating idea in and of itself, it was more the idea of what how a creature controlled themselves under water. It was the same fascination of how a bird flew, or how any other numerous animals who lived about the ground and below the ground went about their daily lives. It was as much about adaptation as anything she supposed. Being born one way was a all a creature could know unless they adapted to another environment. She couldn't very well sprout wings or grow gills just as she thought a blind fish couldn't develop eyes or a fish couldn't grow feet.

All in all, it was a very dejecting thought for her. She very much liked to think that she could take on any challenge presented to her, and though she knew it was beyond her capabilities to alter her biological make up, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to expand it as far as she could. She would very likely be spending some time in the water in the next few hours, trying to expand her lungs. For that was the closest thing she could think of that was near breathing under water. Being able to hold her breath for an inordinate amount of time. Even with that, she wasn't sure how it would turn out, but she was damn sure willing to try.

Distracted, she once more glanced towards the water. <b>'Well, that's about right, I suppose."</b> With the conversation not going much the way she had wanted it to, and all the thoughts of breaking through biological permanence, she stood, looking to Shade once more. <b>"Well, Shade, it was very lovely to meet you. I think I must be getting back to my hunting, however. Fish is still on the menu."</b> She gave him a warm smile, and while she intended to go hunt, she would first be sticking her head under the water an contemplating the complications of life. Not that Shade needed to know anything about it. While he was kind, he didn't seem to quite run along the same current as Vaeri. But then, not many she had run into did. And with a nod of her head, she was off, upstream, to find a quiet place to go dunk her head before she ate.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2012, 03:36 AM by Vaeri.)
user posted image
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/sets/shadetable.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #c7b49b;">
'Well, that's about right, I suppose. Well, Shade, it was very lovely to meet you. I think I must be getting back to my hunting, however. Fish is still on the menu." Shade gave a simper smile to her. <b style="color:#8e989d">"It was nice to meet you too Vaeri." He said, giving his head a respectful bow, he walked away. Remembering his past.

Shade was born to an unknown line of Lone Wolves. The Slayer wolves. His father ruthless, crueld and mean. When he started training Shade and his sister Shadowstorm how to survive the cold world. He used his first lesson: Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He told Shade never to join a pack. Shade was an idealistic child. He had reason and said that wolves would be stronger in numbers. His father attacked him, leaving no permenant scars, but the emotional trama to get it stuck into his head. This went on for a year or so, his mother kept begging his father to stop, claiming they were children, they didn't know better. It got worse as it happened. His father started to beat her too. It was gruesome to watch. He was out on a final hunting assignment. Returned early with two hares for the family. He came to the sight of his parents fighting a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, he ran for his life. Hoping his sister made it out alive too, he began to search for her. He searched everywhere far and wide for a long 4 years. He finally came and arrived here, in Relic Lore.
*SHADE EXITS*

table by bryony
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]