(See All?) Announcements
296 Users Online
Google

Running from the past — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
<i>My dream?</i> Iopah's eyes blinked thoughtfully. She turned and looked at the marsh behind her, as if she expected to find the answer somewhere in the tall reeds. The tan woman turned back to Narime. She took a couple moments to gather her thoughts; To form them into something tangible.

<b>"I guess I'd never thought about it, never needed to discuss it with him."</b> Iopah dipped her head as struggled to express herself. <b>"I was young... when everything got bad. Kele and I were friends. We were too young to be anything but friends. We went everywhere together, exploring and hunting. The prey started disappearing, there was nothing left. Wolves started fighting for food. Siblings fighting each other over scraps. Some vanished over night. Kele and I stayed together, we trusted each other."</b> Iopah shrugged, she couldn't bring herself to look at the young wolf. Narime seemed to have had an equally hard beginning, but she had managed to come out alright.

<b>"I wanted to leave, as ashamed as I am to admit it. My parents refused to leave, they thought it would get better. Kele didn't want to abandon them. So I stayed, I could't leave Kele. Then he died, a stupid hunting mistake. That day I left.'</b> Iopah shook her head angrily. <b>"I don't know how many times I pleaded with him to come with me. I just wanted to get away, join a pack or start a pack."</b> Iopah smiled wistfully at the memory. <b>"I just couldn't live with that terrible fear and hunger anymore."</b>
(This post was last modified: Oct 01, 2012, 03:44 AM by Iopah.)
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
You can finish up and archive it if you want. :)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat #003377; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
Narimé listened quietly. Iopahs answer to the young girls question also included a story. However Nari believed the story to be important information on the womans past. So she listened quietly without interfering. Her ears set themselves to the sides of Narimé's silvery head showing concern and compassion for the female. The yearling couldn't imagine losing her best friend. Not that she had a best friend yet. Maybe Sloane? She asked herself this silently.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"It wasn't your fault. I'm sure your friend would have said the same. He wouldn't have wanted to see you so sad." This Narimé was sure about. Sighing as she pondered the womans story and her own thoughts and memories, Narimé stood up straight again.The girl had to leave now. To finish her patrol around the territory in silence and thought.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"I'm sorry but I have to go now. " She spoke sadly then tried to put on a smile for the nice lady. <b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Please if you are ever around again, either to talk or maybe to join call for me. You already know our border. " She dipped her head sorry that she had to leave so soon, but there ws still a lot of territory to cover to finish marking.

It was nice to meet you, and I hope you feel better soon! Narimé didn't say this out loud. But she thought it as she crossed back into Willow Ridge territory and started loping along its edge. (Exit Narimé)
code by bryony
(This post was last modified: Oct 10, 2012, 11:31 AM by Narimé.)

Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Iopah watched as Narimé stood and apologized. She was not surprised. Truthfully, she hadn't expected the girl to stay this long. Iopah nodded silently in understanding. She watched her slip into the underbrush and disappear completely from sight. A slight rustling of branches gave away her presence. Soon, that sound disappeared as well. Silence fell over the marsh.

Iopah rested her chin on the highest tine of the massive antler and regarded the scenery thoughtfully. Her low voice sliced through the silence as she mused aloud. <b>" can't keep running. It's done me no good. Hundreds of miles and no closer to what I'm looking for. Hell, I don't even <i>know</i> what I'm looking for. Hopefully I recognized it when I see it."</b>

Iopah sniffed at the antler, already rodents had come to chew at it, after the minerals it was composed of. Over time this antler would be disseminated. It would be eaten by rodents and eroded by water. Iopah hoped that in this land, her bad memories would dissolve like the antler. It would be a slow process.

Iopah turned around and trotted through the water. She paused and looked behind her at the spot where she had seen Narimé disappear into the brush. <b>"Thank you."</b> The word echoed across the marsh. Whether it reached the young female before it faded was unknown. Iopah slipped into the reeds and passed out of sight.