(See All?) Announcements
692 Users Online
Google, Bing

bone white — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/sibyltab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #33353b;">
Sibyl's bronze eyes roved up to the spiny cedar branches overhead, white puffy clouds scuttling between them against a backdrop of bright morning blue. She was sprawled atop her favorite fallen log near the pack's den. Teeth clacked against bone as she gnawed thoughtfully on the whitened elk femur. She hadn't killed the thing herself, she had no idea who had or whether it died on its own. The little wolf had only found the sun-bleached bone hidden inside a bush. If it had been someone else's chew-toy stashed away, she hoped they didn't mind her borrowing it. Working on something with her jaw helped settle her nerves, and she was still shaken up about the intruder Grizzle Hollow had recently warded off.

She wondered what would have happened if the pack hadn't shown up to protect the pups. Sibyl was used to running away from her problems. Never had she had something important to protect before. If no one had come to the rescue, to scare the beast away from the cubs, she wasn't sure things would have turned out well with only her between them. Her mind wandered back to the night she had been attacked in the Drooping Willows. She had tried to defend herself then, but hadn't the experience to succeed. If she ever had to stand up and protect anything with fang and claw, all on her own, she was sure it would end up just the same as it had in the Willows. She would just get torn apart until she could find an opening to run away.

A whine squeaked from her throat and she chewed on the bone with renewed vigor. She hated feeling useless.

table by bryony
(This post was last modified: Aug 15, 2012, 11:22 PM by Sibyl.)
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by TABs who has 107 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Timing this after his hunt with Sloane and Narime
XD Sibyl will have to get him up and moving. He's an elder he just wants to nap. lol

Follko held his meat firmly in his jaws as the elder trotted along home.
He was sure someone would love eating this back at the den. Maybe Jaysyek
would enjoy it more compared to the taste of all the rabbits and little stuff that's
been overflowing the caches. By now the moose meat they had gathered was gone too
so this would be the first deer meat for a while.

Making his way through the clearing Follko spotted a rusty colored pack mate.
Sibyl maybe? He trotted closer and nodded to himself. It was Sibyl. She seemed
to be chewing on some leftovers from a previous meal.
"Good day ma'am.." He managed to choke out through the deer flesh. Then Follko quietly
padded farther back to the den where the caches were placed. Once the elder stashed
the meal securely he padded back out into the clearing and lie himself down on the warm
earth a few feet away from Sibyl.

"So how's your day been?" He yawned and for once was happy that he had no
more duties to do. Relaxing his tired legs and full belly the male could barely keep his
eyes open as he glanced lazily in Sibyl's direction.

“Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
--Edgar Allan Poe   user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>OOC: Just gonna assume she heard about the bobcat fight from someone? If that's alright with you. Let me know and I'll edit it if it's not.</span>

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/sibyltab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #33353b;">
The mouthwatering scent of fresh deer meat wafted into the clearing, and Sibyl looked up from her bone, letting it sit forgotten between her paws. Usually meat didn't just sprout legs and walk around on its own, so she figured someone must be carrying back a meal. Sure enough, she could eventually smell Follko behind the smell of deer's blood, and she looked up to see the rickety old man amble in with a chunk of deer settled in his jaws. She was familiar enough with his appearance, but never had she actually talked to the man. His currently busy mouth gave her a garbled greeting, and she offered him a little smile in return.

Silently she watched him head back towards her, then he had sprawled himself out on the ground beside her wooden perch. He looked just about ready to doze off, and sleepily he asked her about her day. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Oh, it's been alright. It looks like yours went well," she tipped her head in the direction of the recently buried treasure.

That said, she stared off into the trees, returning to her noisy gnawing on the bone. Her mind went back to the terrifying trespasser and her feeling of helplessness. Surely, Follko wasn't a wimp like she was. She'd heard about the bobcat he and Borden took out, surely the old man had some ferocity to him. She dropped the bone, accidentally letting it roll off her paws, then off the log, to clatter onto the ground. Oh well, she was going to break a tooth on that thing, anways. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Mister Follko?" she asked, timidly looking at him, eyeing the fresh scars that ran along his jaw. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Weren't you scared fighting that bobcat?" She settled her chin onto her paws, sighing. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"That wolf who nearly ate the girls, he scared me half to death." She admitted.

table by bryony
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko rested his head on his large dark paws and listened to the
little ladies voice. The suddenly she started to ask him a few
questions which he had to think about for a few seconds before answering.
"Yeah I was scared about fighting an adult bobcat. Then I was a bit relieved when
I got there and found that it was just a smaller one. Heh.. I guess I was also relieved to
see Borden there too." He answered truthfully even though he would rather have
answered saying that he wasn't afraid, he could take everything on.

He picked up his head wincing at the scratches and looked at Sibyl with a
kind face. She seemed frightened at the thought of battle.
"It's okay to be scared of something. You just have to have the courage to stand up
to the things that scare you. " He spoke softly and smiled a bit then took his gaze and
rested it upon the mouth of the den.

"You can be scared but still able to defend those you love. Like the pups.
I know you would still fight to save the pups lives." You are more courageous than you
believe yourself to be Sibyl." Follko realized that he sounded rediculously old right then.
Then again he was old so the brownishmale would have to deal with it. Even if he hated
aging. At least more wolves were opt to look up to you when your old than when your young.

"Besides. If you're still not sure of yourself you could always learn a few fighting
moves to beat your enemy to a bloody mass." Follko chuckled imagining the picture in his head.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
She waited patiently for his response, growing a little worried that it was a stupid question to ask when he didn't respond immediately. She wasn't sure whether it was surprising or reassuring that the older male could find himself scared of a bobcat. Nodding, she agreed with him on Borden. Having their leader there would certainly make things less scary. She wondered if Borden was ever scared by anything. She couldn't imagine it, but she would have to ask him some time, if she ever worked up the courage.

She rolled her head to the side, the side of her face pressed against her paws to see the kind look Follko directed towards her. A small, nervous laugh rose in her throat. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Oh, I have the scared part down. Courage is a little more difficult to muster." His attention drifted off towards the den, but he kept speaking to her.

Her first reaction was to deny it. Sibyl and courage were not things that were ever uttered in the same sentence. She thought about it, and she could see where he was coming from. In her past she had always been running away, having nothing more to protect than her own life. Never had she stood up to her sister's abuse, and had ended the problem by just running away from home. Now, in a pack, with her packmates and the pups, there was more at stake than her own life. He was right, she realized. If the children were in mortal danger, she would put her own life on the line to keep them safe. She would be scared as hell do to so, but she would do it.

Her eyebrows lifted, surprise marking her face. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Fighting? Oh, I don't know. I think I'd need a lot more than a few moves before I'd be beating anyone to bloody pulps." Suddenly, she sat up, her bronze eyes bright with the same eager expression as a puppy. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Mister Follko, would you teach me? Please? I-I mean you don't have to. But you did fight a bobcat!"

table by bryony
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko laughed again at the she wolfs comment.
"You can't fight at all? Can't even do a sideways slash?" He stood
up and rolled his shoulders. Crackling could be heard from his ankles
and neck as the older wolf stretched. I don't know if I even have the
youthfulness to bend and twist like I used to.
Follkos thoughts turned to his age.
He might not be spry enough to show her anything cool like flip and twisting attacks
but he should be able to do the more simple stuff. At least that's what Follko hoped.

He listened on again as Sibyl spoke about him teacher her. He shrugged
his wide shoulders when the bobcat incedent was mentioned again. She seems
to think that I like to fight or something. I don't know. I can try to teach her some stuff.
It's not like I'm going to be using these moves anymore...
Follko gave the rusty
gray she wolf a big smile and flicked her side with his tail to get up.
"I can try to teach you something. What exactly did you want to learn though?
Defensive moves or offensive moves?" Follko tipped his head to the side as he
waited for her to answer. He had a feeling that he was about to get beaten
up today just from practice.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
Quickly Sibyl scrabbled to her feet and leaped off of her fallen log. Her movements were much more fluid and nimble than the creaky old man's were, but she was still nervous. When it came to feats of strength or fighting, she was utterly clueless and entirely clumsy. She was sure that even the oldest and feeblest of creatures could beat her up if they so desired. She had trust in Follko, he surely wouldn't beat her up, but she wasn't sure that she could avoid embarrassing herself.

At his question of what she would like to learn, she tipped her head in return as she thought. Sibyl could never imagine herself instigating an attack. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"Well, I think defensive? I can run away as fast as anything, but..." Her ebony lips tugged downward, the frown pulled forth by a sour memory. Most of all, her mind wandered back to the incident in the willow forest. Some defensive skills would have definitely helped her then, and then maybe that crazy wolf wouldn't have been able to pin her down and take a big chunk of fur out of Sibyl's side. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"But, if I get stuck in a sticky situation, I can't get myself back out of it."

table by bryony
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
"Okay so defensive training it is.." Follko squarred himself off with the female. He
had to remember that she was smaller sized. She would do best with moves that involved
mainly speed. He would not teach her moves that would require strength since she
didn't have much of that. If that's the case then.. something like rolling and tripping her
oopponent would be better...
He remembered something his sister had used against him
a few times and it had been successful at slowing him down some. While play fighting
he had lunged at her side aiming for her scruff when she sped forward, ducked under him,
grabbed his front leg, and then promptly used her strong leg muscles to jump upwards
and flip him onto his side. Of course he'd been embarrassed as hell after she did this and
refused to fight her again saying that she had cheated. Follko chuckled at the memory.
His sister was the only reason he had liked being in the old pack back then.

"For this move you don't have to be strong in order to flip a wolf that's twice your
size. You just need to be fast enough to get in close before the wolf figures out what you're
doing." He explained and thought about how exactly he should teach her. Step by step
slowly first. Then after we can try it for real.
He decided as he watched for his pack
mate to signal that she was ready.

"Firstly when a wolf comes towards you attacking you need to try and figure
out what he or she's gonna do. I'm gonna tell you what I'm going to do now but obviously
your real ooponents won't be so nice." He stepped forward slowly as he spoke giving her
time to watch his movements before telling her what he was going to do.
"When I get close to your scruff You have to duck and move forward. Don't run away."
He spoke calmly as he stepped forward. Now he was parallel to the she wolf and about a foot
away as he spoke.
"While you move forward try to grab near the end of my front leg closest to you
and pull it with you as you run under me. When you get out from under me you use
your leg muscles to push yourself forward and up. Almost like you're trying to leap skywards.
If everything goes right then I should be on my side or back moaning and groaning. " He smiled
then slowly tried to bite at her scruff. If she could get used to the move doing it this slow
then they could try again after at a regular speed. Meaning he was really gonna lunge at her.

Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
Sibyl's head bobbed once when he explained that with this trick she would be able to flip wolves twice her size. At her height, it wasn't difficult for anything to be two, even three times larger than the little lady, but she couldn't imagine what Follko might have up his sleeve for her to be able to pull off such a feat. Eagerly, she waited for him to elaborate on just what she had to do.

<b style="color:#8a90a1">"Oh, now?" she yelped as he very slowly stepped towards her, his jaw inching to her neck. Now or never. She felt like it would be mean to just bite his leg, but there was no way for her to get better at fighting without actually practicing the move. Timidly, she leaned forward, her head turningas she carefully stepped towards him, to clamp her jaws around his limb. She was piecing out the moves in her head as she went, trying to remember what came next. It wasn't very quick, but she ducked and jerked beneath his belly. She was afraid she might pop his leg right out of its socket, but really she was going quite slowly and had ended up just pulling on his leg under him without really setting him off balance.

She released the limb and crawled out from under the rusty wolf. She didn't do that right at all, and it probably didn't feel very nice for him. She rose up, shaking the dust and pine needles from her coat, and gave Follko an apologetic smile. <b style="color:#8a90a1">"I'm sorry, it's just a lot to do all at once. Are you okay, though?" she directed a worried look to the limb she had grabbed onto.

table by bryony
Inactive Deceased
Follko Theizkei
Follko sighed. Of course things wouldn't go as smoothly as he planned.
"Don't worry about hurting me! " He growled as he slunk back away from the female
and rolled his shoulder which had been pulled on. He calmed himself down a little
and stepped forward again. She had done okay for the first try.

"You did perfectly up until the end there when you grabbed my leg. When you
grab my leg don't have a light grip. Really bite me hard! The pack won't care so
much if an elder like me gets hurt. I'm not that useful on hunts and stuff. You
being young now you are useful. If you get hurt because you can't defend
yourself then we have a problem." He realized he was ranint but didn't care. The older
wolf had to get it drilled into her head that she HAD to be forceful. She had to try
and hurt him.

"Now do it again but this time up your speed so that your momentum knocks me off
balance. And for alphas sakes grip harder when you bite!' He nodded his head and began to
pad towards her only this time he was moving a bit faster. The darker male aimed for her
neck again tensing himself getting ready for her to actually hurt him this time.

XD I don't think he knows what he's getting himself into. lol. Sorry for the looooong wait..
(This post was last modified: Sep 19, 2012, 01:24 AM by Follko.)