(See All?) Announcements
434 Users Online
Bing, Google, Archer

When death comes knocking — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ShadowstormTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 165px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shadowstorm was fed up. Angry, mad. She was also barely alive. She'd just been in a fight with a pack leader. Left a good scar underneath the faes eye with 'The Slayer Kick of Justice'. Shadowstorm was both angry and pleased with herself. But what to do now. Her leg was in terrible shape. She was bleeding badly from her other wounds. All she'd had to eat was a rabbit the day before and she had plenty water. While she had water, she knew her body mass could not live without food for very long. Especially with all these injuries that needed healing. Who to go to? Shade, her brother and her parents were dead, they couldn't help her. So what now? Why was she still alive. She could feel death knocking at her dorr step. She was ready to embrace it with open arms. She'd failed.

But she knew she wasn't to give up yet. It was not the Slayer way. When all hope was lost, she found it again. A rabbit, her only chance of survival past the date of today was in the way of a rabbit, she was cautious as she stalked it, leaping and successfully killing it with a swift blow to the neck. Ah, the day would continue. She pushed forward, finding a small cave to rest in, she quickly gobbled the rabbit up and laid for a 'recovery sleep' to help with the healing of her wounds. She'd need to hunt again later when she got up. But her dream turned into more of a flashback within a dream.

Before the flashback, she dreamt of Shade, Shade and her together again. They lived in a small cave, she had a mate, pups. Shade's mate was in a birthing den. They hunted caribou and deer all day. But she knew the dream would end when her father, the cruel, ruthless man appeared.

She remembered when she'd first met Shade's mate. Name unknown. But she was telling of they're history to her. "My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my brother's mate. Shade and I were born to a destinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know."

(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2012, 03:07 PM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Ann who has 7 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Istas Vera
Fearing contact with the pack wolves in the heart of Relic Lore, Istas headed towards the mountains that were the eastern border. Her travel through the woods was swift, and silent. Making her seem to be a spirit passing through the flora of Relic Lore. She did pause however to replenish her energy in the Ghastly Woods, her chosen den site as a lone wolf. The sunlight was always dim or non-existent allowing Istas to rely on her senses. <i>This is how a wolf should live</i> thought Istas <i>Others have lost touch with the Earth's energy, they've lost their way</i>.

Istas had come to view the Earth as a mother, a guardian. One could call it her views religious, Istas thought of it a <i>Right</i> after all it was the Earth that gave and took life at whim. Her yellow eyes easily spotted the signs of small prey, using her small ears and exquisite sense of smell, Istas made quick work of the critters - eating her fill.

Once her hunger was sated the alabaster wolf scavanged for a resting place. She did not look in the undergrowth as a pack wolf might or another lone wolf, Istas looked to the trees. She had a preference for white oaks but would sleep in others if her search proved fruitless. Low and behold she happened upon a youger white oak that had a seat made of braches, a quarter of the way up it's trunk. Taking a running leap, Istas mounted the tree and curled quickly into a ball, her plush tail covering everything but her eyes.

There she slept for a few hours, awoken by the call of an owl, oblivious to her presence on the next tree. Allowing her mouth to stretch into a yawn Istas dismounted the oak, silently thanking it. Once all four paws were safely on the ground her body convulsed into a melange of a full body shake and stretch. Another yawn followed before the Arctic wolf set off east once more, her destination the Dire Mountains. It took her most of the day to reach the mountain range and then a few more hours to ascend to the mid level.

Istas Vera turned to look out over Relic Lore, from her vantage point she could see most of it and was in awe. To an outside observer her striking white form, perched watchfully on a mountain overhang would be cause for awe itself. Istas was please to have travelled this far, even more so when a mountain breeze ran it's cold fingers through her thick pelt; she shivered in pleasure.

The wind brought news as well, her nose singled out the scent of a strange bloody wolf too close for comfort, even if she did seem hurt. Turning her nose into the wind Istas inhaled the frigid air deeply, yellow eyes closed to help her concentrate.

The scent seemed to be coming from higher up the mountain, curious she approached the unknown wolf. Her steps cautious, her body language soft. Coming to a halt about one kilometer up from where Istas had looked over Relic Lore the female found a black wolf, resting. The other wolf, female by her scent and years Istas' elder by her looks, seemed to be in the grips of a fitful sleep. Istas edged closer until she was near the other's head. Taking care to stay out of range should the beast startle, Istas spoke "Are you okay?" The copper tang of blood coated her nostrils as her soft wispy voice danced on the mountain breeze to the injured wolf.
user posted image
"A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth."
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ShadowstormTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 165px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shadowstorm was still dreaming. At least she thought. A white wolf, not of her or Shades pups or family. A white fae. She nearly mistook ehr for Athena. She woke up, in a half daze. "Are you OK?". this wolf was full of consern for the old injured fae. "Depends on what you consider to be OK stranger. I am Shadowstorm Slayer." She said weakly. She was injured. In every way, Shadowstorm was not OK at all.

Shade and I were born to a destinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know. Played back in her head as she awaited the strangers response. She was not grooming her fur and sitting up.

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Istas Vera
"Depends on what you consider to be OK stranger. I am Shadowstorm Slayer" the black wolf responded, her voice weak, her form limp. Istas' yellow eyes took stock of the wolf known as Shadowstorm, she seemed to be distracted by her thoughts, <i>At least she's ignoring some of the pain</i> the white female thought.

Getting the formalities out of the way Istas responded. "I am Istas Vera". There Istas stood, protocol followed and completed, at a loss of what to do. Unsure of her welcome Istas decided to take stock of the severity of the other's wounds.

Moving closer on well furred paws, the wolf craned her neck over the smaller one in order to assess injuries. What her eyes missed her nose found. Her leg looked mangled, the rest of her form suffering from a multitude of cuts.

Istas thought back to her brief stint in her home territory, learning from the adults. <b> A lanky Istas followed dutifully behind the pack's healer, happy to be away from her domineering siblings and disapproving parents. Though the elderly white wolf moved slow, Istas respected him. He, Abban, had been nice and warm to her no matter the circumstances or her pack status. Little did she know that this summer was to be his last, so Istas followed him down the mountain face that was home to the small forest below. He had shown her different herbs that can aid an ailing wolf. She had found it interesing, that the most unassuming plants were helpful to her. Again, if only she knew why the knowledge was being taught to her, Abban had wanted her prepared for her years alone.</b>

The Slayer needed a pain killer, in her area it'd be Hairy Arnica but there must be something around that would do. Istas set off without a word her nose to the ground searching for a similar scent to the Hairy Arnica of her home territory. She prayed to the Earth that it would not be so cruel to her and hide it's medicinal herbs from her.
user posted image
Played by Abbie who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
http://i45.tinypic.com/23sgruw.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #690000;">
Feeling good. For once, Gabbie had nothing to worry about. Her life was perfect right now. But she came to the Mountain of Dire a lot more. To ponder. To just remember Shade, or maybe because she liked Bramble Falls and the peace of the area. But it was just coincidence that Shadowstorm had been there. padding along the edge of the mountain, she stumbled across the shapes of a black lady and a white lady, conversing. Their scents smelled of caution, like a first-time meet.

The black lady seemed to be weakened, and had several hardy battle wounds. The fresh smell of blood dabbled in the air, but none was on the white one. Not a single scratch visible. That means the black woman is just recovering from some other serious offense. "Depends on what you consider to be OK stranger. I am Shadowstorm Slayer." Slayer Gabrielle narrowed her eyes. Shadowstorm Slayer. For some reason, no shock hit her. This was definitely a Slayer wolf.

Slowly, the brown-hued woman approached. "Ah, a fellow Slayer. Nice to meet you. Your Shadowstorm, I may take it? And you are?" Her British accent was an immediate unusual trait in her, no doubt. The yellow wolf's eyes darted to the white wolf with dull interest, but much consideration for Shadowstorm. She knew it was sort of rude to barge in on them, but did it anyways.
"speech"

Table by Abbie, for Abbie
user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
"Ah, a fellow Slayer. Nice to meet you. Your Shadowstorm, I may take it? And you are?" Shadowstorm did not recognize the wolf. She said she was of the Slayer name. Perhaps she was a cousin. As far as she knew, Shade did not have a love intrest yet, but she had not talked to her brother in some time now. "Yes, I am Shadowstorm.... and you are who exactly? I don't believe we've met, are you a friend of Shade's?" She said calmly, her crystal blue eyes remaining calm.

She was reminded of the nightmare, the unknown face, it was similar to the new comers. What did it mean, she ran the dream through her head. Before the flashback, she dreamt of Shade, Shade and her together again. They lived in a small cave, she had a mate, pups. Shade's mate was in a birthing den. They hunted caribou and deer all day. But she knew the dream would end when her father, the cruel, ruthless man appeared.

She remembered when she'd first met Shade's mate. Name unknown. But she was telling of they're history to her. "My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my brother's mate. Shade and I were born to a destinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know."

(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2012, 06:40 AM by Shadowstorm.)

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
http://i45.tinypic.com/23sgruw.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #690000;">
Rosealia felt a tingle in her paws. She sat down, pretty sure Shadowstorm was too injured to attack. "I'm Gabrielle. We haven't met yet." The brown woman continued, "Mate," she corrected, wrapping her fidgety tail around her paws while she waited. Shadowstorm was also a small wolf, about her own size. She wasn't, obviously, taking care of herself too well, now was she? All wounded and weak.

She wondered if Shade's sister would particularly care that he had a mate. Maybe, if they were close siblings. Gabrielle yawned. Walking to the Mountain of Dire had worn her out quite a bit. But her pads had gotten stronger, more adapted for walking in the past few days. She stretched out on her stomach for several moments before sitting up again."speech"

Table by Abbie, for Abbie
user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Inactive No Rank
Istas Vera
It had taken her quite a while to find the herb she was looking for but find it she did. Istas had just returned with the Aconite root and Wormwood flower. The Aconite smelled faintly of a pain killer though Istas could also sense death in the scent as well.

These plants were volatile but the Slayer needed them. She had been careful to grasp them with leaves to save her mouth and body for toxic doses. Now back at the little wolf's side the female placed them gently down next to the injured black form.

Istas had heard the other wolf approach and speak to the Slayer and ignore her. That was fine with Istas as she did not need the distraction. Using her well furred white paws she found a flat loose rock, one that she had been taught was perfect for crushing herbs. Her yellow eyes flicked briefly at the other two wolves before she continued in her task.

The Arctic wolf used her black nails to separate the herbs from the other. The first herb to be crushed was the Wormwood, Istas did not want to taint it with the subtle death scent of the Aconite root. Once the flower was battered enough, Istas brought it to the Slayer placing it gently in front of her muzzle. "Eat" the alabaster wolf gently commanded. The ingestion of the flower would combat fever brought on by her infected wounds.

Next up was the Aconite root, it posed her with a challenge. She knew that only a small dose would be handled by a wolf's body and her grudging patient is smaller than most. Humming a childhood working song to herself as Istas thought, her yellow eyes studied the root.

For a few minutes she hummed softly and puzzled over the root before moving. Taking her pummeling rock in her jaws Istas pointed the sharp end towards the root and pressed downwards. Sure enough, the tip of the root snapped off. Snorting softly in satisfaction Istas dropped the rock on the small piece, crushing it succinctly.

Her antic disposition at the moment allowed her to deal efficiently and safely with the root, scooping parts of it with leaves. Once she had about 5 leaves with the Aconited juice on one end Istas Vera proceeded to take each leaf and place it over a cut - numbing the wound for a few hours (if it worked).

She scrapped gravel over the remaining herbs protecting the wolves from accidentally intoxicating themselves. Istas sat a few strides away, silent and content.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
Shadowstorm chuckled a bit, Shade had found a mate. "WEll in that case, welcome to the Slayer family Gabrielle." She said. She then ate the herbs that Istas laid down for her. Her stomach suddenly felt uncomfortable. A bad taste left on her tounge. "What did you give me to eat?" She asked, trying to get the taste out of her tounge.

Shadowstorm zoned out into a nightmare during a daydream. Shadowstorm was in her own personal hell. She was alone, trapped in a cave that had no exit. She was stuck with her dad. She was leader of a pack and stuck with her dad which made it worse. Her dad was her worst nightmare. He talked, was the only one capable of moving his jaws. The only one who could move. She stiffened with fright for a moment of two. Before she knew it, her entire body frozen. She had a sort of body lock. Her father lunged after a long speech on how much of disgrace she'd brought to the Slayer line. He'd given her the last name Coaten for further disgrace. Turns out her father was once known as Coaten. Born into a pack, found the name a disgrace and connected it with packs. He attacked her while her body was still locked in place. Attacking, and maiming her. Until she was barely alive. He spat on her and walked away proud now of his work. Going to find Shade. She still couldn't speak. Her head screaming thoughts to keep him away from Shade.

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
Sorry for the short post. not much to do. I'll make the next one much longer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/RoseTable-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:200px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">
"Why thank you." Rose dipped her head, picking up her aching feet and setting them back down like she was expecting that to help. She stretched out and sat across from Shadowstorm to make conversation. "You and Shade got separated?" She murmured, turning her head to the side and wrapping her tail around her little body curiously. She hadn't known what else to talk about to her sister-in-law. She had heard not-so-great things about their past, and wondered what it must have been like. She didn't know which one was worse, though: her past, or her mate's.
user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!