(See All?) Announcements
599 Users Online
Google, Bing, Isla

Empire of Dreams — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you stillcall me superman?

Fighting for rank, for place was natural, but Triell hated to see the sisters fight. He had hated when his own litter mates did it, and it had been enough to bring back those memories, making him overreact. He would not be pulling them apart every second of the day. It was the middle of the night, not exactly a safe nor great place for them to be deciding who was boss. Really, would they ever be happy with who won? He could see the constant challenge, like Ruiko and Indru. It struck deep within the young man and he was not going to have his nieces doing the same thing, least not while he watched.

They both paused, staring at him as if what he said was out of the blue. He guess it was. They had probably done this a hundred times, until someone one or they were told it was enough. Their eyes meet his staring blankly, while still holding onto one another the Tainn took a deep breath. He slowly let it out to collect his words in his mind. "Look, I know there is going to be disagreements, and you two will have to figure out what's what. Not in front of me. I've seen enough of our family fight, and hurt each other," explained, in a most somber voice. One day, maybe they wouldn't have to understand, to know how that was. Or they would look back, and realize it all.

He had warned them to let go of each other, and he more playfully then he had first intended, nipped at their haunches, and then let out a woof to get their attention. "Come one girls, there are better things then fighting. Don't you want to see the rest of the Grove by moonlight?" He cocked his head, his tail above him swaying in open invitation. Surely they rather explore than fight, he had a feeling they could always do that.

(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2012, 06:34 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Fenrir who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
Aiyana Tainn
I walk upon the river
Rissa was retaliating with blows, raining them upon Aiyana's thinner frame. Growling and holding on all the harder, she tried to push her shoulder up to act as a a natural shield. Otherwise she bore the hits in silence, until Triell called off the whole thing by yelling and stunning both girls into bewildered silence. Rissa's ear was still in her mouth, and she could see the stormcloud uncle draw deep breaths to calm himself. She agreed. He certainly needed to calm down, and stop being so strange. What he said was strange, too, and she frowned for a moment. Not in front of him? Well, he could close his eyes.. or they could go behind that rock over there... But then she sighed, and with Rissa's teeth still pinching her cheek painfully, she let the ear slide out of her mouth .. just as Triell descended on them, nipping at her haunches. With an indignant yip she did what she could - tossing out a hind paw, hoping to catch him in the face. She had let go! It was all stupid Rissa's fault anyway.

But her impending growl was stopped by Triell's suggestion, and her little eyes lit up. She'd been out at night several times before, watching what she could, but not in the company of an adult. Being with someone was better - they had interesting things to say. Her mew-like noise served as accepting the invitation, and behind her her ratty tail began wagging, the quarrel forgotten - for now.
like it's easier than land
Love is all, from what I've heard, but my heart's learned to kill

was sorta vague because idk if Rissa let go xD
Played by Shadow who has 43 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rissa Tainn
Rissa could easily say that she didn't like being yelled at. Not at all. But usually the reasons that she was being yelled at she could easily understand. But now, well, she was quite confused. He seemed so upset. What had they done? It was just a little play fight. Well, a slightly more painful one then usual, but still. She felt her ear be released, and slowly loosened her sharp grip on Aiyana's cheek. She scooted slightly away from Aiyana, ears back, and eyes staring up in intense confusion at Triell as he explained. But it made little sense to the child, and she gave no reaction other than distance from her sister. Then Uncle was suddenly upon then, nipping at them, and she leaped to her paws, before sliding down into a position of play, tail wagging happily behind her. That was more like it! "Explore!" She cheered, finding this to be a suitable substitution for fighting. She supposed it was good to know, at least, not to do it in front of him again.
test italics
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Shame wanted to rise in his cheeks for making them feel like they had done wrong. Especially with the look on their faces after they let go, staring upon him...clueless as why it bothered him, why he had reacted the way he did. He would not say more, he would only further confuse them on the matter. It really should not have bothered him, but not being the parent it had alarmed him when they began pulling on each er. At least then, maybe it had struck the point. He would not want to ever see them hurting each other, and they best remember that.

Standing waiting for answer the Tainn had not noticed Aiyana trying to swat his face, nor that she was still upset. He had their attention as soon as he had spoken his invitation. A coy smile curved along his dark muzzle. Good. This he could handle better than trying to pull them off each other all the time. Surely a walk would keep their minds entranced. "Well, come then," he said, a deep chuckle echoing from his chest. He began taking up a quick walk, fast enough they might trot or run to keep up with their taller uncle. Where he was to take them, he knew. They could explore his "den" as it was not too far from here. It was just enough to let them go further, without being too far.

Long steps he tried not to move too swiftly, and often brought down his head to check on the girl's progress. "Almost there," he said, winking to both. Time to time he let his eyes rest on the stars above, and the inky coat they were swirled in. It made him miss Ozera most of all. A sigh of sorts, again he turned his head in their direction. Soon the grass reached his chest, and that meant his hollow log was only a couple bounds ahead. Letting out a woof to grab their attention, he ran quickly through the green blades, disappearing. He would then hide in the large, gray hollow remains of a tree, waiting for them to find him.

Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
Aiyana Tainn
I walk upon the river
Rissa was as eager as she to get going with this "exploring" business, and only the distance her younger sister had put between them saved her from a competitive, though sort of friendly, nip. As it was, Aiyana couldn't be bothered to prance over the few steps to her just for the sake of one nip, so she remained where she was, head tilted a little as she watched her uncle's black form. She liked him, except when he was being stupid about fighting. He looked like her, and she swore that she'd look like him when she was old, too. Black and handsome with that white little patch on her chest. She couldn't see it herself, but everyone said she had it, just like he did. His she could see, though. Grinning, she lurched into motion. A few months in the outside world had certainly done wonders for her balance and steadiness on the uneven terrain, and it was with few mishaps that she kept up at a jog. This was, she decided, probably the main reason she wanted to be like Triell. He had long legs. They were good for walking. Hers were short and not so good for it.

She was panting, pleased with the cool night breeze, by the time Triell broke into a dash. Unfair! Because, they were in a sea of grass! It reached somewhere above her head and Triell just disappeared like a shadow, and she yipped shrilly in protest to this unfair tactic. How were they supposed to explore if he ran away from them? Scowling she turned to her sister, and tried to give her a smack of frustration. It was probably her fault. He'd just gotten tired of her or something. But then she felt bad, because Rissa wasn't all that bad, and tried to make up for it with a friendly headbutt, though she guessed she'd just get teeth in her nose for it.

"Bad Tri," she muttered, and went to the spot where he had disappeared. Putting her nose to the ground, she could still feel his scent lingering there. Well... Time to brush up on the tracking skills! With her tail held stiff and high behind her, Aiyana began to trail after her wayward uncle, scowling all the time as she tried to deduce where he'd gone and not.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Aiyana's cry would not fall from his ears, but he would ignore it. They would have to find him, and he was sure they would. Clever girls, he thought while swiftly trying to hold back his rising chest, the want to jump out and tackle them with wet licks. Though Triell was a bit intimidated, wondering, and fearful of what would come as they aged. He still did not have much experience with the other gender, and doubted he ever would. The Tainn could not help wonder if they would be constantly battling in competition. It was a bit strange to him, for Ioni had been the only sister who wanted to rise. That was just the way things were, and order among wolves, and they would have to decide. It had not exactly been that for him. He had not wanted to dominant, but keep his siblings together in a peaceful manner. Now? He couldn't say if he would get the Tainn itch to be the lead in a pack, or even rise much in rank. Triell liked an uncomplicated life, despite how complicated it was. Who would stand beside him. No, his heart did not want that question, and it seemed to burn away in it's hot core.Luckily the waves of grass moved more deliberately and he knew they were coming. Come on, you can do this. He thought, knowing they had far too much energy they might as well be learning something. They were certainly close enough not to fail, and he could easily pull them back. No, he made himself wait till he saw black feathered ears, and than he let out a soft whimper as if to plead to the River princesses for running away.

(This post was last modified: Nov 16, 2012, 05:05 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
[ Gonna NPC Rissa as Bryony dropped her. ]

Aiyana Tainn
I walk upon the river
It was strange - how the rest of the world just fell away, lost somewhere beyond the edges of her eyes and ears. She was vaguely aware of Rissa moving nearby, her nose, too, on the ground, as she muttered about Triell disappearing like that. The dark princess smiled to herself, a small, absent-minded thing; her nose was busy at the ground. It was not the first time she'd tracked another - and it wouldn't be the last either - but it was the first time that she actually had to use her mind. She didn't see, or know, where she was going. The tall grasses waved around her, obscuring sight, and her eyes, not yet their full golden, weren't as effective in the dark. She had to rely on scent and memory alone, and as she progressed, she realized how much her nose kept telling her, all the time: not only that Triell had rushed past here moments ago, but things that had come here before that, scents old and faded... How, if she just focused, she realized when she went off the track - when she didn't smell Triell's pads upon the earth anymore.

But no amount of tracking could save her from the fact that her silly uncle wanted to surprise them. The whimper stopped the black wolf short in her tracks, Rissa bumping into her butt and biting her tail in protest; she growled at her and swung away, bold ears forward and tail rising up. Triell had run and now Triell would pay! Feeling quite much like a miniature angry black bear, Aiyana brushed the shadows aside and swept into the darkness of his hollow tree, white teeth bared in a play-snarl as her tiny growl rumbled in her chest. She shoved her nose into his face, feeling the odd surface beneath her paws; blunt claws gripping the loose soil and debris, as she tried to give Triell's nose a small nip. "No running," she told him sternly, tail high, but wagging. If Triell was bad and ran, Aiyana would let him know running was bad so he'd stay put. Right?

Beside her, Rissa crowded in, nearly shoving her down; she snapped after her tan legs as she edged sideways, watching as her younger sister seemed to forget all about them and started to roam in the darkness, exploring.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

It did not take them as long as he thought. He heard no direct fighting, but them working on his trail. Just like like little Aiyana came forth with a quite a look. Something he would have considerably been worried about if she was full grown, but it was endearing on her small face. No means nor want to run, his ears brushed to his head, and he did not pull back. The pinch to his nose, he had to do well not to laugh or move his tail too swiftly. "Alright Lady Aiyana, no running. What 'bout tickling?" He launched into an attack with his own nose, brushing it to her large ears, and the dip of her chin. Rissa though came in, squeezing tightly the space of his room. Triell laughed quite happily even though he saw Aiyana's sharp teeth aimed for her sister's limbs. The brown bundle was quickly off again as if something had called her.

Triell felt his muscles pause,watching Rissa exploring the grasses. A moment he watched her, checking his memory that truly nothing was out there to cause her harm. Triell had picked this place because beavers and mice were plenty and his scent was guaranteed to keep riff raff away. With a quiet sigh, his orange eyes watched Aiyana with interest. Then he let out a playful growl, and attempted to snap at the hair of her forelegs. If she insisted on fighting and snapping maybe he would have to give her a chance to take on someone bigger.

Inactive No Rank
Aiyana Lyall
maybe wrap it up? :/ I'm having a hard time keeping steam going for these old threads... Warning, horrible post INC. :/ So sorry.

Aiyana Tainn
I walk upon the river
Tickling? Tickling?! "Noooooo!" she cried at him, stumbling backwards to avoid the light brush of his dark nose, until her backside connected with the strange surface of the log. One oversized paw batted towards his nose, trying to push it aside, away from herself. She did not want to be tickled! She wanted.. she wanted.. Aiyana frowned in the dark, completely ignoring his nips beyond trying to shove his large, blocky nose aside again. What did she want? She had wanted to explore, and she had; she had gotten some good practice tracking, sorting scents in her mind, picking through the debris for the scent of Triell... And now she had found this place, and, and.. she was tired. Grunting in a grumpy fashion she tried to shoulder her way past her uncle, before collapsing in a little pile of cub. Without explaining herself, she just rolled up into a charcoal ball, and yawned hugely in the darkness. From outside, Rissa came bounding in again, winding herself around Triell's leg like a content cat, yappering about all she'd found - clearly she, too, was getting tired, as her mouth was work faster and more incoherently than usual. Aiyana growled sleepily at her, shut up and sleep, and Rissa glared at her before curling up, too. She kept on blabbering for a while longer, but the elder sister fell asleep, too used to it to stay awake - and at some point, Rissa magically transferred herself closer, until they were in a pile again, as usual.