(See All?) Announcements
522 Users Online
Google, Bing, Towser, Adelard, Oleander

the saddest thing — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
<blockquote>He did not seem to mind that she had not been able to explain. Maybe he understood really, and it had just been a silly question. It didn't matter. She didn't feel the need to validate herself, it did not shame her. If anything, she was empowered by it.

It would have been nice to have somebody understand, though. Someone to share the joy with.

Bella narrowed her eyes at him as he spoke, studying his face as it moved and finding it queerly fascinating. What he was saying was almost as interesting as watching his lips move and tongue flash about in his mouth. <b>"Was mummy born here, like me?"</b> she asked, after only a moment's consideration. If he was from somewhere else, then what about the others? Mummy and Tlarx, and Ava and the others. Something told her no, something in the earth. It was another thing she wouldn't be able to explain, though she could... almost smell it.</blockquote>
[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AshTable2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom: 215px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">
The question that he was asked confused him highly. How should he answer this question? Was she referring to her birth parents or Athena and Tlarx? He was highly sure that little Bella was not speaking of her birth parents, it just wouldn’t make sense, but then he was also sure Athena and Tlarx hadn’t been the blood relatives. His green eyes then traveled down on the small girl. Either way the answer was going to be no, so he wasn’t exactly lying to her. He just didn’t know who to clarify. He supposed he could easily just give as yes or no answer to this question. It wouldn’t do any harm.

His mouth opened slightly and a small whisper escaped it, "As far as I know. . .no they weren‘t." He hoped the small piece of information would not disappoint young Belladonna, she seemed like the kindest pup ever, and he would surely put his life on the line to protect her, just as he would do for anyone within the pack, only to a further extent. The prince and princess of Poison Path were the futures for the pack and he would make sure that nothing would happen to them, to the best of his abilities.
I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
<blockquote>He hesitated, and she wondered if it had been a strange question. Or maybe he just didn't know the answer? Maybe if he hadn't been born here, then he wouldn't know. Maybe it wasn't common knowledge. But <i>home</i> felt like something you should understand - the age of a place, you could sense it. Poison Path was strong, but it wasn't old. The wolves were too mismatched, they had come from too many different places. There was nobody who really smelt like her, not <i>like</i> her, except for Datura.

So when he said so, she was not surprised, but nor was she disappointed. She had already known, after all, somewhere inside. So she nodded thoughtfully at the confirmation, digesting it, mulling it over. Maybe when she was older she would ask someone again. Someone who knew for sure where they all had come from.

<b>"Where were you born?"</b> she asked then, a natural continuation of her thoughts. She did not consider it too personal a question, but she was too young to really think it otherwise, and to her the query was an entirely innocent one, borne from the need to know more. She liked him, but how had he gotten here? Why was he here, and not where he had grown up? It was such a beautiful mystery, and one which surrounded all of her pack mates, all of her family, blood and not blood.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AshTable2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom: 215px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">
His large paws were now lined up with the small pups, a small smile on his face as he studied her. Such a curious little pup he was, it reminded him of all the little pups that were running around him when he was little. It was never him though, he was already being trained for the big world. Questions were frowned upon when he was growing up, but now this little pup got to have all the attention, and in truth. . .he was highly pleased with that. He wanted the little pup to have a better experience at being a pup then he did, and he was going to make sure that happened. He would protect her with his life, just like he had sworn to do so.

Her question did not take him off guard, so much as he didn’t know where he lived. He was completely clueless, his father had never bothered telling him where he lived the best thing she could give her was a relative location. His deep voice rumbled out to her, "I lived somewhere past the mountains. Though way further back. I‘m not from around here." His voice was laced with amusement as he said so, his green eyes alit with memories of his tortured childhood. It seemed karma had finally caught up with him, and clawed his sister right in the face.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
Ash is such an adorable squish. I would looooove a new thread with her at her current age - I bet she just loves Ash ever since this :D

<blockquote>His answer was vague, and in equal parts frustrating and mysterious. Unable to be annoyed at the lovely man who had put up with her questions, though, Bella just smiled and accepted the thin reply for what it was. Perhaps it was as much as he could give her? Maybe his birth home was not something he could describe in words, something he only felt deep down... after all, she could empathise with that.

Somewhere far beyond the mountains... Bella glanced up, straining to see past the trees, as if by some coincidence she was looking in the right direction. But his home could have been anywhere, <i>anywhere</i>, and that was an exciting thought. There was so much world beyond the lake and the cliff faces and the forest... but, at the same time, there were too many secrets to discover before she could even think of venturing from them. Her home was too thrilling to leave. It made her sad, for a moment, to think that he had not been so enamoured with his home.

She saw the flicker in his eyes then, the hint of something more, and frowned at him. <b>"You 'kay?"</b> she asked without thinking, wondering if he had, somehow, been reading her mind. After all, he wasn't from around here... who knew what he was capable of? What an exciting thought.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
OOC: Sounds good. Could you start it though?

Behind him, his large, thick tail thumped on the ground behind him making a loud bumping noise each time it came in contact with the ground. Large eyes twitching he took in the large mountains that surrounded his home. . .their home. The thought that he had finally been able to settle down and not have Nina plaguing his mind comforted him, and for once he had to be grateful for what Koda had done. He no longer had to have another one’s death hanging over his shoulders. Ash refused to be his own sister’s death sentence. His awful father would never be able to control him again. Ash’s loyalty lie underneath Athena’s thrown, and it was there that his devotion would stay.

His green eyes glanced back down at Belladonna when she spoken his ears twitching slightly. For such a young girl she was quite observant. She would definitely make a good guardian when she got older. Ash had complete faith in this and would work hard to teach the princess the ways of the guardian when she got older. . .but this would be only if she asked the liberty of so. Glancing over at the mountains before looking back upon the pup he replied, "I am quite alright. Though, I do believe it is time for me to remark the borders, dear one. Until we meet again." And he was off, going to remark the borders just as if it was an ordinary day.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
<blockquote>The mystery would persevere. He glanced away, and she wondered madly at all the secrets he had tucked away, from life here and life far away, over the mountains. She tried to picture it in her mind, a world without a protective forest and spectacular views and her very own lake. It was an impossible task, which only made the wonder greater.

He was okay, he said, and she beamed at him. So great was her merriment that she barely felt sad at his announced departure; after all, he was a big wolf with big, important things to do, and she didn't want to stop him. <b>"'Kay,"</b> she chirped simply, stepping out of his way and watching him leave, her tail wagging slowly behind her. She stared after him for some time, even after he had dropped out of sight, until she remembered her original woes and lifted her gaze to the sky.

It didn't seem so bad, anymore, the empty sky. He had liked it like this... he liked it dry. A world without heavy green trees, without grey clouds, without a lake... was that what his was like? Oh, to picture it. Maybe she would get to glimpse it one day.

Smiling to herself, she turned away and bounced home, her mind dancing with all the new things she had to think about.</blockquote>