(See All?) Announcements
563 Users Online
Google, Bing

when it rains i don't pretend to be happy — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
This takes place just outside the forest, I imagine it's a bit flooded too. Anyone please <3

<blockquote>Renier knew better than to wander, but when his parents were away how could he resist temptation? There as a whole world calling to him, and beckoning the pup. Really, how much trouble would he be in? He had been following his mother's scent, through the forest hoping to find her to watch her hunt. She still taller, and more graceful had easily out walked him, and he had given up. She would likely pass by this way again, and in the mean time he could ease his mind by getting to know this part of their realm. What he did not expect was to see a whole field of standing water.

Now golden eyes lingered on the murky liquid, taking in the tall shoots of grass. He held himself to the higher ground, not believing what was before his eyes. If only Ryvet had been brave enough to come today. Calling for his siblings did not seem like an option. They would not want the harsh scolding, and it was often the last thing on Ren's mind.

All at once, he jumped, right into mother nature's kiddie poo. <i>Splash!</i> His paws pattered against the high water, his toes squishing into the muddy marsh. He had never been here before, and the inch water before him was paradise! It was not deep enough for his mother to worry, but enough for him to have some fun. There was nothing more than a boy could need but mud and water. He jumped again, crashing down he let out a satisfied bark while dousing himself. What fun! It was like a deer on the run, the boy bounded through the marsh with a wicked grin not once thinking he was in danger, or about what his parents would say. </blockquote>
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Bryony who has 4 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Willoughby Newton
Moving away from the Swift River pack lands, he headed south, intent of discovering every inch of this place, and perhaps finding Lorene in the process. He should have jumped in after her...A shudder of guilt racked his hefty frame, and the man sighed, ears twitching. The scent of water was strong around here, but it wasn't clean water. It was...Willoughby took a long breath inwards...Marshy. How curious. He'd be quite interested in seeing this place when it snowed. A giant frozen marsh. Chuckling to himself, he came through the trees into the open. How interesting. He'd walked right into it. All that rain, he supposed.

Keeping to the outside edge of the wood, he circled the marsh, keeping an eye out for curious looking wildlife. But the sound of splashing, big splashing, caught his attention, and another pack scent entered his nose. There were two, actually, very similar. Probably the same pack, though it was very faint, and the other was strong, smelling also a bit like wet dog. Willoughby scrunched up his nose, and sent his eyes over the marsh again, spotting a child (bingo!) playing in the marsh. He didn't seem to be drowning, so Willoughby approached the child with caution, should a parent be lurking nearby. "Having fun there, eh?" He asked, settling on a dryish patch of land a few feet away. This pack's scent was unfamiliar to him, but from the faintness of the secondary scent, Willoughby had a feeling that this pup may have been a bit far from home. So, now it was his job to make sure that he didn't drown or wander too far.

(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2012, 12:33 PM by Willoughby.)
<center>user posted image<br>
<a href="http://relic-lore.net/index.php?act=ST&f=30&t=2772">plots</a> | <a href="http://relic-lore.net/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=2821">art studio</a> | <a href="http://relic-lore.net/index.php?showtopic=2797">gifts</a></div></div></center>
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #003377;">
With a slow pace the silver wolf padded along the driest edges of the marsh.
She'd been here once before and had gone after a beaver. Needless to say hunting
did not go well for the young wolf. The beaver had made a fool out of her in front of a
loner too. Narimé remembered Vium and wondered where he was going. She hoped
that he wouldn't come any closer to Willow Ridge or maybe try to join. His.. strangeness
made her cautious of the wolf, and even though he'd helped her out of the mud
she couldn't find it in herself to trust him. Her instincts told her not to trust him. So
she decided that if she were ever to meet him again she would try to stay away from the
loner with issues. Hopefully she wouldn't ever see him again.

Every once in a while the silvery girls paws would splash in a puddle but otherwise
the she wolf avoided the wet areas. She didn't want to get wet today. Maybe tonight if it
was nice out she would go for a swim in the lagoon. Of course that was after she'd finished
her chores and stuff.

Reeds and long grasses swayed in the wind and glowed a pale gold in the sunlight.
The still waters reflected the sky and its dancing clouds as they floated across the worlds
cieling. Narimé had a bad few weeks but today her spirit was lifted by the beautiful weather.
The murky water reminded the she wolf of her night with Sloane. Just remembering his face
made her feel more secure. IF he showed up right now she would be so happy. but of course
we had to leave eachother and find our own paths in Lore... I wonder where he went after
he left?
She wished that she could visit him wherever he was.
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Oh well..." She sighed softly as she neared
the edge of the marsh. The treeline oddly made her feel more at ease. Maybe it was
because her old pack had lived in a forest like that one. It made
her feel more secure than being out in the open marsh where anybody could see you.

The grayish she wolf paused before reaching the edge of the forest. She
heard something splashing to her right. Ducks maybe? Or that stupid
Beaver again...
The wolf turned to her right and began stalking forward. If it
was the beaver then maybe this time she would be able to catch the little fucker. As the girl
slipped forward through the long grasses letting them hide her form she began to scent
the air for her prey. What smell came to her nose made her stop. These were wolf scents.
She recognized the milky scent of a pup, and mixed with it's milky scent was that of a pack.
The last time Narimé had scented that pack was some time ago. It's the same
scent that was on Sibyl... So is the pup a Grizzly Hollow wolf?
She was very confused.
Why would a Grizzly Hollow pup be all the way out here?
The blue eyed female picked her head up and using her height she looked
over the tall grasses. Another scent was also in the air. A male scent. Worry
suddenly nagged at the yearling. Would the male hurt the pup? His smell didn't seem to
have a pack scent. Feeling worried she hurried forward to try and find the pup before the
male did. Alas, she was too late. By the time she came upon the two wolves the male was
already a few feet away from the pup, but he didn't seem threatening. Breathing a sigh
of relief Narimé padded forward watching the male cautiously. She stopped a few feet away
from the pup, like he had, and lowered her head scenting the little one. Wagging her tail
she smiled and lay her body down near the pup.

"So who might you be little one?" She ignored the male for now becuase
she was more worried about how the little pup had gotten so far out here on his own.
Are his parents around? She looked around only seeing the other loner. He
seemed friendly enough. At least he wasn't attacking her right now. Not that she
would allow him to attack her.
code by bryony

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKaGA0Isrc' target='_blank'>Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)</a>

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
thank you guys. :D

<blockquote><i>Splash! Splash!</i> He jumped again, enjoying the water hitting his chin. Was this really what Mom and Dad worried about? He might leave home, and have fun? That did not seem very fair, they got to leave all the time to this world, the one they hid from them. It boggled the pup about their rules, the way things were, and more greatly it bothered him. Why should he stay at the old den? He grimaced, he would show them. A firm lock of his jaws, he moved along where it was a thicker mud, and began pounding his paws at the goo. This was more like it.

Enjoying his mud bath he was clueless anyone was around or watching him. His nose would not smell the wolf, nor hear his sloshed steps till he was upon him. The boy jerked his head up, golden eyes wide, but settling firmly on the light,green pair of the stranger. Those second Renier had no idea what he had said, and stared at him with deep, furrowed tan brows. This wolf was very big, and very silvery like Folllko. Except he was different, and Renier took it in wondering what that was about. His eyes especially stunned the young wolf.

<b>"Yeah,"</b> he answered so assuredly, like it wasn't nobody's business ten seconds after the question. He was about to remark it was his job to have fun when he saw a glimmer of silver out of his eye this time. <i>Mum.</i> He instantly thought, his body freezing in place, eyes looking down. Surely she would drag him home. As the Lyall dared lift his chin it was not his mom, the wolf was much more silver, dark like a rain cloud, and the boy slowly let out a sigh, a release of his fear. He was not dead yet.

Cocking his head, he glanced at the male accusingly, wondering if this was his friend or something. He did not need anymore attention. Before Renier could get a sentence out, the newcomer came further. What was strange was she came right up to him, dropping down where they were not quite eye level. He raised a quizzical brow. He thought about taking a step back, but held his ground. It grated on his nerves to be called little one, and his tail rose, chest puffing out. <b>"I'm not little one, I'm Renier Dyami Lyall,"</b> he responded, if those names would send fear into their hearts. <b>"My mom sent you hmm, or my dad huh?"</b> He said, his ears drifting back to show his displeasure.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Sep 23, 2012, 03:09 AM by Renier.)
Played by Bryony who has 4 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Willoughby Newton
Ah, children. It was fun watching them play, as though it filled a voice that had been caused by his lack of a childhood. He'd never really gotten to frolic and play, run away from his parents to roll in the mud. So he certainly wouldn't startled the child or tell him he should go home. Instead, Willoughby could only assume he was doing the right thing by keeping an eye on the child while he played. The child gave him an absent response, and Willoughby offered nothing back. Just let him play. He shifted his paws in the damp earth, and his ears flicked, his nostrils flaring. A scent was inhaled, unfamiliar and female. Another pack wolf probably, but not from the same pack as this child and that worried Willoughby.

He silently pondered the motives of the incoming female, wondering if she planned on kidnapping the child or something worse. Of course, maybe she was in the same position as he. Regardless, his hackles rose as her scent got stronger and he could finally see her. She completely ignored his presence, and went to the child instead. An audible warning growl rose from his throat, and his pistachio eyes locked onto the back of the woman's head. The strange female's question caused the boy to speak up in anger, and Willoughby cracked a smile and continued to keep an eye on her.

Renier Lyall, hm? "I can certainly say I know neither your mother or father, child. I cannot speak for the rude stranger, of course." His voice was aimed harshly at the silver female. "I am simply here to make sure you don't get carried off or kidnapped." Again, he pointed his words at her, but kept his face entertained for the boy.

<center>user posted image<br>
<a href="http://relic-lore.net/index.php?act=ST&f=30&t=2772">plots</a> | <a href="http://relic-lore.net/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=2821">art studio</a> | <a href="http://relic-lore.net/index.php?showtopic=2797">gifts</a></div></div></center>
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #003377;">
Narimé listened to the pups words. He was high spirited and she could relate.
Especially when she was around her older packmates. Her tail wagged as he stood proud
and brave up to her and the other stranger. Her ears however did fold back when the man
spoke ill of her. Just wait a bit Narimé... She ignored her anger and looked
kindly to the younger wolf.

"Neither of us are here to stop you from playing." She smiled, "and I don't even know
your parents, but I'm sure they must be worried about you being out here."
Speaking
kindly she then turned around and looked over the other male.

"I'm not here to hurt or kidnap anyone!" She spoke angrily and gave him a low growl.
She held herself back and kept her muzzle smooth. She would not snarl at some
one who was protecting a pup. " I only came to protect him from you since I wasn't sure if you
would be dangerous to him or not..." She lifted her head then glanced at the pup and then
back at the woods. She knew where the pups territory was. She could bring him back.
But how would the adults from Grizzly Hollow react? Badly.. She thought silently.

Padding a few feet away she let the pup have some space, but she kept herself
between the man and the pup, still unsure of him.
"My name is Narimé Lagina. " She cast her head over to look at Willoughby then
turned to gaze fondly at the little explorer. "And It's a pleasure to meet you.." the
girl spoke. "Both of you.." She added warmly turning her head again to look at the
other male.

"So whatcha playing?" She bent down playfully watching the pup from a few feet away
with her tail wagging.
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"!..or here..!"

Theme Song (Sloane With Narimé)
code by bryony

Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/Ryvet.jpg) top no-repeat; background-color: #2e4216;">

The stick he had chosen instead of following his brother had amused him for a time. He had no desire to get himself in trouble today… initially. Once the stick was but splinters at his paws he moved onto a pine cone, batting it about and pouncing like it was nobody’s business. But it just wasn’t fun without Renier.

Finally, the young wolf caved. It would be just like a game of hide and seek, except this time, his darker coated brother had a phenomenal head start. He silently hoped he hadn’t gone too far but when he passed the strongly marked borders and his brothers scent continued he knew. ”Ma’s gonna be mad if we get caught…” he muttered to himself under his breath as he followed the faint familiar scent from under the cover of the towering trees that surrounded their home.

Everything was so different out here. Mismatched eyes viewed the skies with wonder as he tried to take it all in. The scent of the cedar trees faded and was replaced with something... else. As his eyes trailed downward the the unstable ground beneath his paws, his breath caught with each sticky squelch before an excited giggle escaped his pale maw. Pushing his paw down with more force, he laughed louder as the mud spattered against his chest.

In the distance he could hear more splashing and the sound of his brothers voice, along with the murmured voices of others. Confident, as only an inquisitive pup with no reason to know fear could be, the pale boy raced towards the voices through the puddles and the mud, laughing loudly as he did so. With any luck, he would managed to catch his brother slightly unawares and him into the muddy water that surrounded them.

There he was. With a final push he hurtled amongst the small gathering with no intention of slowing down. ”Renier!”

code by bryony
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
<blockquote>Annoyance it beat with each steady collection of breath. It was one thing for his siblings to after him, or his parents. Complete strangers? What the hell? The man said nothing to Renier, and the child was a little thrown off. No scolding? He wasn't sure if he should be delighted or scared. Everyone told him how much he should be home. He hated that. He knew he should be home, and he did not need it repeated. Gaze changed, not quite soft, definitely curious. A baby sitter who let him play?

The man did not seem to know this other wolf, and seemed just as offset by her. Renier easily picked up on this, not understanding why he would be rubbed the wrong way either. He made a good point to stare at her through narrowed eyes for reasons his own, and not. His temporary watcher spoke, declaring he knew neither of his parents. The boy wanted to squeak why watch me? Before he could really put to words what his mind thought the lady spoke up. It was nicely to him, reminding him of the way that most females talked to him. Kindly, but putting the emphasis on right and wrong. Collecting his cool, he rolled his shoulders, <b>"Fair enough."</b>

Willow's words continued, something about carried off... kidnapped. Renier was not so suddenly as brave as he wanted to be. Large ears shielding back against his head, he made a worried look to the dark cloaked male. Mum had never said anyone would steal him, it did not sound like the adventures he imagined. It was then the female spoke up for herself, her anger more obvious. <b>"Hey! No!"</b> He barked, if that might get her to settle, or both of them. Narimé gave gave him his space, and name. Renier's tail beat behind him. Expectantly he turned to the man,<b>"You wolf?"</b> He asked, if there was no better way to ask for a name.

Question would spark from the female, but Renier would only his mouth to answer when he saw his ashen brother jumping toward him. <b>"Ryet!"</b> He would bark back, but was instantly greeted by a wet mass of Ryvet . A growl sounded in his throat, but it was only a playful one. Instantly he launched an attack to grab his brother's ear. Let the water fight begin! </blockquote>