(See All?) Announcements
581 Users Online
Google, Bing, Clover

I...I just can't — Copper Rock Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alanna who has 82 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
Destin looked at Nina, pondering her question. What were his plans? Well, he hadn't really thought of any so far! He smiled at her, preparing himself to speak, when he saw a movement and the other, dark-furred wolf disappeared into the night. Desty watched her leave with confusion, it was without a word. No 'hellos' no 'goodbyes' just... A quick exit. He wondered what her story was, what her name was, and what had brought her here at this time of night. Perhaps they would never meet again, and Destin would be left wondering forever. Unless he forgot about her of course, which could definitely happen, since she had not left much of an impression besides her exit. After the wolf blended into the night, Destin turned his eyes back to look at Nina. <b>"I'm not sure."</b> He said finally, fidgeting slightly. The male wolf gave her a slight smile. <b>"If I could... I would like to join Copper Rock Creek. Since you helped me an' all, and I want to help the pack in return. I've just been hanging around, biding my time in the territory... But I'll follow you wherever you go."</b> Destin smiled a bit more broadly this time. He hadn't been in a pack for a long time, it felt like eternity. Perhaps the close bond would help him feel better and more comfortable here. Someone to watch his back was always nice, though he didn't need it so far, Destin wouldn't want to be in a situation where he did.
(This post was last modified: Sep 29, 2012, 10:45 PM by Destin.)
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">When the black figure of her now former patient disappeared her head snapped slightly back towards Destin. She was now gone, forever perhaps, and Nina would remain uncertain if she would ever see her again. It didn’t matter anymore though. . .she only had to look forward for the future of Copper Rock Creek. The future. . .whatever was going to happen? She hadn’t scented anything recent of the pups or her alphas and she briefly wondered what had happened. No one’s scent was still strong within her nose except for her own, which still scented as if she were in Willow Ridge, something she hoped she would soon shed and reclaim her smell of home. Her nose lowered slightly, as if she were trying to determine if anyone still lived in the area, set aside the two loners. When her question was being answered she did look up though, her emerald eye taking in the male and his words.

She felt as if the guy were giving her an oath of his own. And it felt out of place, as if she were not suppose to be given, an oath was suppose to be given to her alpha, not her. She was a third, none of the importance. Just a healer who aided the pack in the best way possible for her. Her lips curled slightly in a small smile at Destin. He had been here for quite awhile and hadn’t strayed far, and in all honesty he had been quite loyal in the long run. She nodded her head slightly and her small lips parted as she spoke, "Thank you. I‘m sure Aeylen or Ruiko would be happy to welcome you." Her eye held a secret doubt in them though. She remained unsure if they were around or not. She just didn’t want to say anything out loud in front of the loner. Her head tilted slightly,m her smile kind, yet slightly distracted.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
(let us stop the thread within the next couple of posts?)

Destin looked at her for a silent moment. She seemed to be elsewhere as they were having this discussion, and it worried him slightly. Was it because her friend had left only moments ago, or for some other reason? <b>"I hope so.."</b> Destin said, betraying a hint of anxiety as he thought of it. What if Ruiko had decided that he was not wanted, or even worse, chased him off? Destin supposed he would be able to find another pack eventually, but he wanted to stay here... He liked it here, and it was really the only place of Relic Lore that he knew well. It probably wasn't the best idea that he stayed in hiding in pack territory, but he didn't know better and was still recuperating. Suddenly an idea-- a brilliant one in his mind, certainly-- blossomed. <b>"Why don't we go find Aelylen and Ruiko now and ask if I can join!?"</b> Suddenly he was quite determined to meet the two leaders, especially since Nina had brought them up. They must be around somewhere, right? His golden eyes met Nina's with excitement. He was prepared to go now and search for them, in the dead of night, right now. Destin could not sit still now!
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> Her head nodded at the first words that he spoke a long sigh escaping from her mouth. She wanted everything to be okay within the Creek but at the moment she wasn’t too sure about what was going on. Her paw dashed its was up to her cheek and she rubbed her paw against her pace for several moments, almost appearing as a bob cat for several moments before her paw landed firmly on the ground. Her head lifted when he spoke again, but before he even finished she was already shaking her head, "I‘m sorry, Destin. I don‘t think right now is a good time for Ruiko and Aeylen to be worrying about others."

Her tone left no argument in it, but it also held fear. When she said others she meant everyone else in general besides their pups. She knew they were probably the alpha’s most important priority for the time being, and another new pack mate might not fare well with them for the time being. Perhaps at another time it would be alright, but Nina was highly certain right now was not the time.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
Destin's face fell at her words, as if his whole world had been crushed. He looked down towards the ground. If not now... then when? The male wolf did not feel there was any way of working past this impasse that Nina had set before him. She was so serious, and left no wiggle room for any type of argument. How could she be so sure without knowing where Ruiko and Aeylen were? His golden eyes searched the ground for answers to his questions, but none came to mind. Destin just couldn't shake this off, it felt like Nina had issued a personal rejection towards him- which included his friendship. She did not offer any suggestions towards him, only saying no and nothing more. It was like a pup being told 'just because.' when asking why it couldn't do something, and being told no more information. No words of comfort were given and he was left hanging. For a few moments he felt so sure of what he was to do with himself now, but had been let down only seconds after. After a couple silent moments, Destin lifted his sad golden eyes' to Nina's green. <b>"Maybe I don't belong here, then."</b> It wasn't a question, just more of a statement, or an observation. It conveyed the true loneliness he had felt since he had left his birthpack and which culminated when he had received his injury and stayed, close but so far away, to the pack that had aided him. At this moment he felt so hopeless and so entirely isolated from everyone else-- this had been his first contact with others in what seemed like so long, with one he remembered and wanted to almost worship for saving him. In one conversation it was as if she had let him down. It was none of her fault, Destin knew, but like a childish pup he wanted someone to blame for his misfortunes, and she was the only one he could. After saying the one statement, his gaze moved back towards the ground and stared at its small hills and valleys. He saw his own pawprints in the dirt, and it sent him thinking back to travel. Could he stay here much longer if an acceptance was what he sought, but could not receive? Was there any other place that would accept him right now? Nina and Copper Rock Creek was the only thing he knew here, but if he wasn't good enough for them to 'worry about', he probably should not stay. In his heart he knew that he was somewhat overreacting in his response, to be so seemingly offended at being brushed aside while more important matters needed the leaders' attention, but he felt like he had waited long enough. The unknown was one of the scariest things to him, but waiting around for something forever wasn't what he wanted to do. Destin's change of mind was so quick it even confused him. How could it be possible to be so sure of something and then not believe in doing it the next? The large male wolf could not supply himself with answers, and so sat thinking in silence.
(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2012, 01:41 AM by Destin.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> She watched the large male as he shrunk in disappointment. Her heart fluttered slightly as she watched him, sadness washing over her. She hadn’t meant to make him feel bad, but the face were true. . .she didn’t even know where Ruiko and Aeylen were for the time being, she had just returned as it had been. She was not sure how everyone had been doing, and truly, her main priority had been checking to see on how the pack was developing. His next words brought her to a stand still. Making decisions so fast were they? Her eye flashed slightly, conveying her pain within her. She did not enjoy hearing those words uttered. . .from anyone’s mouth in Copper Rock Creek territory.

She thought things over in her head as Destin sat in front of her, her emerald eye lighting up with an idea, "How about once everything gets situated, I‘ll find you, and we can go from there?" Her words gave up a rare offer from Nina’s head, a plan already formulating in her mind for the different possibilities that could happen. Now all she had to do that put them into action once the time was right. She just needed the okay from Destin.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
Destin's eyes had a hopeful glint to them for a moment as the female wolf spoke those words. But, then again, he shrugged and looked down at the ground. Why did she think he could wait so long? He knew he wasn't that important, and especially insignificant, even, but he had waited so long in this territory to find Ruiko and join Copper Rock Creek when he was able. Now he was being asked to wait even longer, and was still as alone as he had been when he first arrived in the territory. Though her words conveyed happiness in telling him that there was an option, it was not estimated when this time when 'everyone was situated' would be. The male wolf was indecisive- uneasy, even, in the face of making a decision that seemed like it could possibly change the course of his life at the time. <b>"I don't know..."</b> He replied uncertainly. <b>"I have been waiting for a while, I don't really want to wait much longer.."</b> How long could he stay until the need of having an actual pack companionship was necessary? How much longer until he would break at the seams? How much longer until a singular wolf such as himself would not be able to catch enough prey to sustain him in this territory, as winter was fast approaching? The male wolf sighed, not knowing what to do in this situation. Destin thought highly of Nina and her abilities, though perhaps not of her plan. It left so many empty holes and uncertainties that the wolf wasn't really comfortable with it.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Time to wrap this up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> A deep sigh erupted from her chest as she watched Destin with careful eyes. She really didn’t want him to go. . .but she knew she would have to let him. Perhaps if something changed in the arrangement nothing would be so bad. If she could scent Ruiko and Aeylen strongly, she would not have thought twice about calling them, she would have just done so. How could he not scent it though? The stale smell of Ruiko and Aeylen on the border? Her brown ears twitched slightly and she finally spoke, "If you think that is what is for the best then I understand. I do hope we keep in touch though." Her words were laced with sadness before she looked back behind her.

None of her pack mates had heeded her call that she had sung out across the lands of Copper Rock Creek. Her head swiveled back towards Destin, "I must go, my friend. I have to go find my pack mates." In her head, she silently added if they were still here. Her whole body turned and she steadily limped back to where she belonged. This was her home, and it would stay that way. . .
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
Destin watched Nina with sadness. How could it have turned out like this? For one second he thought everything was going to be okay. He would finally join Copper Rock Creek. Then the next, the opportunity was taken away from him. Regret filled him as he thought about what he had just said. Nina had offered him a chance to join Copper Rock Creek, but he turned it down. Why did he do that? <b>"I will keep in touch with you when I can. I hope we see each other again soon."</b> Destin replied, watching the green-eyed female closely. His heart pained him as he watched her begin to turn and walk away. The time was now- he could change this once and for all if he wanted to! But the words were stuck in his throat and wouldn't come out the way he wanted them to. His jaws gaped open as if he were about to say something, but nothing came out. Closing them once more, Destin cursed himself. What was wrong with him!? Finally, words came out of his mouth. But they weren't the ones he wanted himself to say. <b>"Good luck Nina, stay safe. Thank you for all you have done for me, I will never forget it."</b>

Standing there in shock at what had occurred, the large male played it back in his mind. He still had no idea how this had happened. The male stood and turned around to look at the place where the dark female had left. He took a few steps. Now going in a different way than he had come, Destin found that the strange female wolf's scent was still strong, as it seemed she had only left not too long ago. It was as if he was watching the female's <span class='word'>eidolon</span> lead him somewhere else. Should he follow her? The golden-eyed male hesitated for a moment as he was facing this trail, turning to look back at Nina who had since disappeared. Breathing deeply and steadying himself, pawstep by pawstep, he journeyed after the female to see where she had gone, and into the unknown that pained him so.

--end--
(This post was last modified: Oct 29, 2012, 06:18 PM by Destin.)