(See All?) Announcements
472 Users Online
Bing, Google

Friends in Holy Spaces — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
"You were part of a pack too?" Abandoning home was not something Borlla understood, seeing as she currently adored where she lived and who lived there with her. "Why did you leave?" She pondered if she'd ever leave home. The idea wasn't very pleasing, and she had to shake it away. What would she do without Indru or Junai, or anyone else for that matter?

Her ears perked up when he said 'first mom'. "You had more than one mom?" Could Borlla have another mom? It was definitely something she wouldn't mind. She missed her mom, so having someone to curl up next to would be nice. Then she wouldn't have to worry her older siblings with helping her, and they could do their grown-up jobs. Steadily she leaned away from him as he closed in with what she assumed was his scary face. But she didn't break her stare, and screwed up her face in slight distaste. "Is that it? I guess it's a little scary." At that point, she broke her stare with a finishing blink that held disinterest.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Sabrina who has 45 posts.
Inactive No Rank
<blockquote>"Yep!" he exclaimed, tail swaying from side to side with slight enthusiasm as the rain fell quietly. "How about you?" As much as Spooks enjoyed being 'independent' it was practically impossible for puppies to survive by themselves in the wild for a length of time with anyone to take care of him. Her next question left him furrowing a brow as he contemplated for a short before concluding, "I was bored!" Indeed he was often plagued by boredom, hence his predilection to go out to explore and meet new individuals.

"Actually I had 3!" he proclaimed, as if having three maternal figures was supposed to be a boast of some sorts as if they were collectible figures or something along those lines. At his supposedly scary face, Spooks was quite disappointed in Borlla's unfazed expression. What was wrong with this girl? Although admittedly Spooks was too immature and goofy to really be considered scary in the first place. "It's not like you can do any better," he replied with a dismissive snort, masking the fact that she had just bruised his ego slightly. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
"Yup. I'm in this pack called Swift River, but it's really only me and my siblings right now." She frowned for a moment, then decided that it wasn't that big of a deal. There were plenty of lone wolves around, and just because she was in a pack and they weren't, didn't mean that she couldn't talk to them and make friends. Alliances and the like were yet another thing she had no knowledge of, so there couldn't possibly be a problem with making friends that had no ties. Her ears folded back at his last statement in reference to leaving. Boredom. She got bored all the time, but usually solved it in unsafe ways. None of those ways involved leaving her family though. Of course, that was probably just another thing she didn't get. But she couldn't think of a way to respond to that, so unable to comprehend.

It was easier to have fun then to think about complicated things. She'd understand them later, one way or another, when she got older. For now, she was quite enjoying this scary contest. Yes. It was officially a contest. He'd challenged her back. Technically, Spooks had probably won by default, being older and, therefore, more threatening in general. She was little. Every sound she made would come out at a higher pitch, including her growls, but she had a way with her eyes, the deep dark pools they were. "Well, how about this?" Far from a glare, she angled her muzzle at the earth, and promptly stared up at him, doing what she tried to do to Junai on many occasions: burn a hole into his soul. Not literally, of course, it was more in the way she tried to put as much energy as she could into them. Her jowls twitched, and she growled a little, which probably caused her to lose a few points in the scary factor.

Inactive No Rank
<blockquote>Swift River? Being a relatively new arrival to Relic Lore, Spooks had no previous knowledge of the inhabitants that had lived here previously. As far as he was concerned he hadn't been aware of coming across any pack-owned territories, but there seemed to be quite a few loners about the vicinity.

His tiny companion decided to take up his challenge, a prospect that amused him greatly. Judging from her personality so far Spooks didn't expect her to back down, but he also doubted that she could be scary due to her less-than-intimidating size and stature. Although Spooks did have to acknowledge that Borlla's stare was rather intense for her age. It reminded him of Shiver's glares when he attempted to dirty up her well-groomed fur. But Spooks was relatively accustomed to be subjected to a steely look. A small grin of amusement twitched on his face before he began to softly snicker at her high-pitched growl. After a few seconds passed where Spooks made a feeble attempt to quell his laughter, he finally spoke. "You call that scary?" he teased.

"Well, I guess it's an okay try since you're still little and all." </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
That wasn't the reaction she'd been looking for. Even his little comment at the end didn't help. She leaped forward, smacking her paw across his leg. There wasn't much force behind the swing, and she quickly jumped back, scowling. "How's that for okay?" Her attempt at being cool didn't work out so well, and she was fully aware of it, but her facade stayed in steady place. "You're just jealous." With a humph Borlla sat down again, silently declaring herself the winner of their contest.

Her eyes flickered out to the rain, which was beginning to let up a bit. "...So, if you're not in a pack, where do you sleep?" She dropped her angry face, switching instead to one of minute interest. Inside, though, she was desperate to know the answer. Swift River was all she'd ever known, so what was it like without a home?

Inactive No Rank
<blockquote>Spooks hadn't been expecting Borlla's blow. Although it didn't hurt he always did like to dramatize the situation and drew back his leg with a loud humph, scowling down at his smaller companion. "You're so violent! I bet you probably abuse your brothers and sisters all the time." he exclaimed with a haughty sing-song voice. Not that she was capable of dealing any real damage though. His grin only widened at the young pup's disgruntled retort but he decided to humor her. "Sure sure."

The light shower began to peter off, the smell of rain crisp in the air. It wouldn't be long until their overhang shelter was no longer needed. "I sleep wherever I want!" he boasted, as if the freedom to make a den anywhere was a source of pride. Realistically though often many days and nights went by when Spooks didn't have a very comfortable place to sleep, often settling for whatever was convenient. "Although sometimes it's kind of uncomfortable," he mused in afterthought. </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
It was true. She was a violent little thing, with the future potential to be dangerous. Of course, it was probably just an early attempt to get a leg up on her siblings, pummeling them every chance she got, just so she could show them who was boss. It was a necessary thing sometimes, and Borlla rarely thought about the consequences of her actions. And until something bad came about from something she did, she probably never would.

"Wherever?" Borlla echoed, watching the male with a hard, curious stare. Wherever was a lot places. Except for in Swift River. He couldn't sleep there. "You can't sleep in Swift River." She grinned, finding a loophole in his words. Her curiosity turned to confusion, "Why don't you just pick one really comfortable place to sleep and just stay there?" It seemed easy enough. Why sleep everywhere uncomfortable when you could sleep in one place comfortably? A smile was offered along with what she presumed was a piece of good advice.

Inactive No Rank
<blockquote>Spooks furrowed his eyebrows at her words that insinuated a challenge. Granted, Swift River was pack territory after all, but was pretty sure he was capable of sneaking onto the territory for a night just to prove Borlla wrong. "Yes I can!" he protested, frowning at her. "I bet you guys wouldn't even know I was there too!" he continued, lifting his slightly higher in a display of haughtiness.

Borlla's next inquiry made him roll his eyes a little as if the answer was totally obvious. "Well I don't know this area very well to begin with. Besides right now I'm in the middle of exploring and it's kind of annoying to go back to the same den which might be far away!" he explained, tone matter-of-fact. Maybe when Spooks had explored the whole lay of Relic Lore then he would find a really good place to stay for a while until he got bored and went off to find something worthy of capturing his attention.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla stared at the stranger Spooks, wide-eyed, unsure. Did he really think he could stay overnight in Swift River without being noticed? Borlla didn't think so, and she was feeling fantod just imagining it. Nah, Indru could find him easy! "I don't think you'd last very long." She giggled, tail wagging. Borlla was certain that any of her siblings could find the strange wolf with ease.

Hearing him out on her den suggestion, she rolled her skinny shoulders in a shrug. That was true. "I dun know what I'd do without a comfy place to sleep at night. Walking isn't so bad though, is it? Especially if it's comfy." Maybe her den was just comfortable because she had other bodies around her. Spooks certainly didn't...At least, it didn't look like he did.

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2010, 12:36 PM by Borlla.)
Inactive No Rank
Spooks merely scoffed at Borlla's reply at his bold claim. Clearly she underestimated him, but in a way he always felt that was better than being overestimated anyways. Despite his confidence in his ability to sneak onto Swift River territory he issued no challenge to his child companion because he didn't want to be goaded into actually entering her pack's lands just in case he got caught by a fellow pack member who was bound to be older, bigger, and much more of a threat than she was.

He gave a small chuckle of amusement at Borlla's next words as if he was a wise mentor and Borlla, his naive pupil, had said something foolish. "Pain and hardship builds character," he proclaimed loftily, "You'll become tougher that way. And it's kind of exciting trying to find a den to stay in for the night. You'll never know what you might find."