(See All?) Announcements
553 Users Online
Google, Isla, Khalon, Finley

i can't escape this hell — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
    If I go crazy then will you stillcall me superman?

Life. He hated his life. Nothing was working out, not one damn thing. It was not doing his well being a favor. He practically had to drag himself from Copper Rock Creek, Nina's words echoing in his head. Vokan too, has disappeared as well. It repeated, over and over hitting him each time. She left you. The dark doubter of him added, making his coarse harder. Making his insides twist, and an abominable pit in the length of his chest. This wasn't the first time he had not been able to find her, was she hiding again, somewhere in the lands? Had she really left everything behind. Everything began to take hits at him. How she had never came to see him. Again he did not get a real goodbye. So dreadful, and sickening were his thoughts. It was probably good he did not leave a top the mountain. He would beg for the ghosts, and demons to take him. Black paws stopped, hesitating, as his orange-yellow eyes drifted upon the peak. It was tempting, to tempting when he felt like restarting his life over again wasn't about to work.

The man closed his eyes, and stole a quick breath. He let it settle in his lungs, let himself feel his pulse, realize his heart really was beating. Couldn't he just be defeated? Shoulders sagging, he prodded further, letting the wild cherry orchard greet him with it's red fruit, and green leaves. They momentarily distracted him, as some were not green but yellow, and some golden. It was not yet winter, but he was beginning to feel that cold. What was the point of anything now?

Knowing he quite well did not want to go back to Swift River, and put on a happy face he slumped against one of the tree's trunks. He began trying to forget all that had been good to him, tried to forget her.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>Desperation had driven the lone mother from the mountains and down into the forests. Her heart still tried to drag her back, to <i>them</i> but her stomach and the whimpers of her starving son pushed her downwards into the lands below. Fogged memories spoke of edible fruits that would at least take the edge off the pain in her guts, and hopefully fill her son enough that he could sleep. His thin state was worrying her more and more each day.

The tawny wolf slunk down from the mountain like a ghost, her thin figure and the small shadow on her heels looking more like the living dead then wolves. Her matted, neglected coat was bunched, revealing fresh scars that marked her sides, and the true state of her emaciation. She couldn't go on like this much longer.

Finally, something told her she was close, something about the scent of the air changed and her ears finally lifted as her head turned to give her son an excited bark of encouragement. She rarely used words anymore, she had reverted to something far more feral. Survival instincts had taken over. 

Of course that hadn't been the way at first. At first, she had spoken to her boy in soothing tones of his pack and his siblings and the life they would have one day, when they returned... But this new wolf wasn't somsure they would be greeted with open paws and so she had delayed.

She sniffed the ground and picked at the fallen fruit, and watched as Adonis followed her lead with a proud gleam in her eyes, then a familiar scent tickled at her nose. Her body tensed, because although she couldn't place it, she knew it screamed of danger laced with... With what? 

<i>Brother?</i>

Had Kanosak returned to finish the job? Was it even possible he had survived? But this wasn't the scent of the golden wolf as the tawny lady gingerly clawed at her memories, terrified of what may befall them if her walls came tumbling down...

<b>"Triell!"</b> a foreign voice called out in the cracked tones of the disused and the mother started at the tone of her own voice, moving to place herself protectively over her son. What if it wasn't this 'Triell?' What if she had just brought a pack down upon them? Her muscles were tensed and ready to run, her tail tucked low and her ears pinned back, eyes darting to sight the first sign of danger. 

She would need to give her son a good head start.</blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

Disappear. Follow a family tradition. These things entered his mind, how many Tainns had come and gone, in and out of his life. All their names traced across his mind, against closed eyelids. It was terrible he was even thinking about leaving Swift River...Corinna..Ice..Marsh...Rissa and Aiyanna. Were they enough to make it worth his stay?

Frustration gnawed roughly upon him. He wanted to only remember those here, feel he would make the difference for them. He really didn't feel like living for himself any more, and he needed a reason...he needed to be needed. Sucking in a trembling breath, he was above crying, but felt it hanging onto him, trying to force it all out for once. The wolf sucked it back in, tucking it away. He started to pretend he didn't exist, he was the wind blowing through the trees, racing across the plain. He was nothing.

Everything was about to change again, when a voice, a broken voice rang across the orchard. "Triell!" His eyes snapped open, he fell ungraciously to his front limbs into a forced stand, he looked for her. Golden streaked eyes fell upon the wolf he had help gain rank in Swift River, one he had gotten close to like a sister. Then she had left too. For a moment he would not notice the difference in her, until her body was framed in the measures of instinct to survive. It was strange, seeing this anxious wolf, not the lady he had come to know. Dark brows risen in question he takes a hesitate step."Naira?" He questions if his eyes do deceive him, he keeps his body posture neutral not daring to go any closer. He does not because out of the corner of his eyes he sees a child. A little Rhysis. And it all comes back hitting him again, every hit, every hurt. The anger of it all rising in his chest. He did not move, not a single hair, not his face. The only thing he did was breath, trying not to lose it, waiting for her move.

(This post was last modified: Sep 13, 2012, 11:37 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/caved.jpg) bottom no-repeat; background-color: #301e4e;">

If the sound of her own voice had made her start, it was nothing compared to the involuntary flinch when a familiar voice answered her call.

Naira?

The voice was familiar and her heart leapt into her throat. An anxious but excited whine was all she could manage as her head dipped low while her ears lay flat against her skull, and the tip of her tail twitched in the beginnings of a wag. Still uncertain of how the stranger would react, she was doing her best to show she meant no harm... or at least, to draw attention to herself and away from her son.

Fleeting glances were all she would allow herself, in case the newcomer took her staring as a challenge. Usually, they would vanish at the sight or scent of another, but this time something held her in place. Something told her this wolf had been safe once. With any luck, the same would still be true.

Kanosak had been safe once...

The taunting voice kept her on edge as she tried to force it down. She was torn between her survival instincts and the wolf she had been. This place would be the death of her. The longer she stayed, the weaker her walls were becoming and soon, very soon, the whole story behind her disappearance was likely to come out, but for now, she didn’t even know herself.

She took a cautious step towards the large dark male, her tucked tail still wagging as she took unsteady steps forward. Her back was arched in submission and her ears lay flat, eyes looking anywhere but the direction in which she inched. The only way she could act any lower would be to roll on her back, but that had never been her style, and she had to set a good example for her son. All the while she was scrounging through her head for words. A way to explain herself to the wolf before her, but even if she had them, she wouldn’t know where to start...

She had reached the halfway point and stopped, waiting to see if the dark wolf would approach her. Brother? she questioned like a lost child. The confusion was painted clearly on her face. All she had left were faded memories, and the names of her lost mate and children.

code by bryony

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

This creature before him could not possibly be Naira, not the tough yet kind lady. The one who had handed her life over to that retched beast. Why was she back? Hadn't things worked out for her, or had she at last been deserted by her love too. Calmly taking a breath, he tried not to let anger and frustration rise. It wasn't Naira he had ever wanted to hurt, but to protect. To see her now made him feel like a bigger failure. He surely could have done more...

The sound of her name he saw recognition, heard the whine of mixed emotion. It was if she wanted to be happy, but could not afford to let her guard down. How could she? Surely she knew how outraged her pack would be. Hadn't she remembered he had not hurt her when she had left Swift River? Why would he now.

It was odd no words to hear, though the motion of her body conveyed more than spoken ever could. "Triell, remember?" He said, trying to hide the darkness that wanted to creep into his deep tone. He did well for the most part, trying to hold onto the fact her tail wagged, and she had probably learned hard enough lessons on her own. Much he wanted to awaken what lurked beneath the surface, he kept his muscles rigid, his paws glued to the earth. He was afraid of himself for a moment.

Like a wolf at the bottom of the back she tip toed closer in a lowered stance. Dark ears twitched back once, before he let them rest in her direction. Next he made an effort to gentle his gaze, relax his body, and let his black banner wave behind him. It was uneven wag, but existed none the less. A couple wolf lengths away she paused, asking brother. It was then Triell knew she was not entirely there, she was broken. Once he pinned his triangle ears back in thoughts of who had done this to her, how more badly he wanted to rip into him. No, in an instant he let it fall, let out a tired sigh. "Yes, you counted me as one," he answered. Finally getting a grip on his own emotions he slowly walked toward her, letting his nostrils twitch to take in the scents of her coat.

(This post was last modified: Sep 23, 2012, 09:58 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
I think I've been watching far too much 'Gone with the Wind'. She's such a Scarlett...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/caved.jpg) bottom no-repeat; background-color: #301e4e;">

As the dark wolf grew closer the wagging of her tail increased in pace until she could tilt her head up to lick at his jaw affectionately and proceed to bury her nose in the fur at his neck and breath in the familiar scent. Yes. This wolf was a friend. He was her brother. She had forgotten all about friends in the months she had been gone.

Physical contact with any but her son was something she had grown very unused to in her time alone. It was something she hadn’t realised how much she missed until now, and instinctively, she began to groom the dark males coat and took a moment to simply enjoying being. The trickle was becoming a rush in the presence of someone she remembered so fondly and regardless of how hard she tried she couldn’t hold it all back.

Yet still her words were broken.

”Kanosak... took Adonis...” She looked back at her son, the concern clear on her face. Her heart had almost stopped to see him gone. ”Storm... Landslide... Trapped outside...”

Her face was a mask of pain. There was so much more to it than that, but she simply couldn’t find the words. ”Home... Rhysis gone... Lilly gone...” her voice caught in her throat and ended with a whine at the name of her smallest daughter. The poor thing never stood a chance.

This was all her fault.

”Never should have left River...” she almost whispered under her breath as she leaned into Triell’s strong side. Life could have been so simple... But then, she wouldn’t have her son. Her eyes sought the young wolf’s blue-grey eyes and her resolve was set. She would have her children back, and eventually, she would have her family back too. Whatever it took.

code by bryony

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

The silver adorned tawny tail of hers started to pick up speed, and she did not run from his curious nose. He placed it to the silver of her crown, taking in traces of where she had been. There was nothing familiar, everything was foreign even her eyes as he glanced into them. With a longer glance he was certain he saw the real Naira in them, wanting to come to life. Met with a wet spot to his chin, his tail cautiously kept drifting from side to side. The man became further surprised by her brushing her own nose to the dark of his fur. Would it help her recall?

Stood, neutral as he could while she fiddled with black threads that made his coat. He brought his own nose out of her space, because he wasn't sure what to do. Looking to her now, she seemed to have relaxed, and realized Triell could not nor would hurt her. Again, things changed.

Her voice broke out it was still rough, and his brows knitted together in concern as she she tried to explain in short snippets the past events.Kanosak he did not know, but Adonis was the child's name. His eye would look at the boy again for a moment, thinking it so strange to see him now for real. It meant so many things were true, and not something to ignore. Orange-yellow eyes swayed back to Naira it was clear the real story was devastating, if what she could say was just pieces. Pain, she was in a great amount, and that was not counting what was inside. Again Triell was all about saving the world, helping a damsel, and making it better.

"Shh, it's going to be alright. You can't change what's been done, but you do have control of what happens now," he murmured, supporting her as she let herself pull closer to him. Softly he nosed the hair along the back of her nape, letting his head drape around her in a wolf hug. No, she should not have left the River, but there was no going back, now was not the time for regrets. "I'm here, I can help you. I want to help you."

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

She felt his neck wrap about hers and love radiated through her. It wasn’t anything like the love she held for Rhysis, and its wasn’t the same sort of protective perfect utterly unique love she held for her children. It was something different. Unconditional. And it left a tight feeling in her chest and stomach. She drew strength from it. He was right. She couldn’t change the past, but she didn’t have to just mope and wait for fate to decide her course. Neither her nor Adonis would make it much longer if she just gave up. She had to get back home.

For a moment, she was herself again. The earth beneath her paws came to life, and the wind whispered secrets in her ears. Her nose told her stories of what had been, and what would soon come to pass, and she felt alive again. Her ears flicked back to take in the dark wolf’s murmured words, that were slowly processed by her still sluggish brain. It would seem her words wouldn’t come back so easily. Her brow furrowed as she scratched around to find the meaning. Help.

She couldn’t remember the last time someone had offered it.

Something in her instinctively balked at the word... She was still a stubborn creature, but he had said he wanted to help... Something about that only made the strange feeling in her chest more intense. If only she knew where to start...

“Bella, Datura... I have to get back to them...” She managed to force out of her disused voice-box. For now her children were her only concern, but her former pack was still an unknown. For all they knew, she had abandoned them, and unless she figured out how to use her words... Well, there was no way to clear her name, or give them any reason to trust her again... Even if she did manage to explain it might not be enough, but she needed to at least know her children. She didn’t care if she would have to crawl on her belly to every other wolf in the pack. She didn’t want rank, she just wanted her children right now... but a small voice in the back of her mind whispered baby steps...

code by bryony

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

This was the last thing he had expected to do, comfort Nara, because he had made himself believe not only Volkan to be dead, but Naira as well. It was easier to live with the pain that way, than thinking of what really was.

She accepted the closeness he offered, and it was so easy taking his familiar role of protector, and comforter. It was much simpler to tell someone it was alright, and be the steady, strong one to offer support. It was strange how they filled something in each other that way, having almost the same needs, yet different all the same. There was something brought back to life, something words triggered or scent. He made no further move, knowing there was no need for haste. He wanted to be try to help her, though she seemed to change again at that word. Triell, knew that was part of who Naira really was, and calmly took a breath to stop from saying anything else. It was probably too overwhelming as is.

Her ragged speech brought forth the names of her children, and he had a pained smile. It should be her priority, and no doubt what had kept her alive all this time...what had brought her to return. Athena, and Ava have them Naira, they are safe I am sure," he answered, keeping his tone strong and steady despite how it wanted to crumble. He had no idea if her loyal followers would return them to her, let her see them, or anything. Surely, they must have some mercy. Then Triell had always tried to tell them of Rhysis, would they listen? What was the story? The Tainn knew she was in no condition to explain, not yet. Maybe, he did not want any more than her broken words that had made points of the worse times. How much could he bare to know?

Fierce yellow-orange tinted eyes looking upon her golden, he made sure he had her attention. "Listen Naira, you were friends, they followed you. They will listen, but they will time, as will your children. Find Athena, see if you can fix this. You must promise me though, you'll see me again no matter what happens. Alright?" He said, trying to keep his voice even, flowing yet making sure to smoothly let each word fall before the next. He wasn't sure how much help he could be to her if she would not accept it. He had to see her again regardless.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

A small nod was all the response she could give. She had scented her children, she knew that they were fine, she had even seen them, from a distance, hidden among the landscape. The thought had set her soul on fire at first. How many predators watched her children the same way, waiting for the perfect moment to strike?

But she would never let that happen.

His fiery eyes locked on her own and she no longer felt the urge to look away. Something had shifted in the girl, and she no longer shrunk. She listened closely, processing the words somewhat easier now. He was right of course. She hadn’t run up to her children yet, she hadn’t tried to steal them away (although the thought had crossed her mind...). As each word fell on her ears, her perspective shifted. It wasn’t nearly as bad as she had been convincing herself... And a plan was already beginning to form in her mind. For a moment, she almost laughed, but this was hardly a laughing matter.

He wanted her to promise.

She turned so that they were standing side by side and she sat, leaning against him. Her head tilted back as she met his eyes with a smile. One of the first in what felt like a lifetime. “Always. Promise.”

The words were broken, as if they came from the mouth of a child. But she meant them with all of her heart. Nothing would ever stop her from seeking out her friend. Not Rhysis, not a landslide... Not the threat of war between their packs. She would always find a way to see him again.

code by bryony