(See All?) Announcements
688 Users Online
Google, Jadon, Bing

rattle cage after cage — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
What if the storm ends, and leaves us nothing except the memory — a distant echo. I want pinned down, I want unsettled. rattle cage after cage until my blood boils. I wanna see you as you are now, every single day that I am living, painted in flames and pealing thunder. Be the lightning in me that strikes relentless. — What if the Storm Ends; Snow Patrol

More difficult than coming to terms with the world he lived in was coming to terms with himself. If there were others that struggled like he did, he couldn't say, but today, in this moment, he felt very alone in his doubt. He was, as Steinbeck might have put it, "a lumbering soul but trying to fly." It was his cross to bear. There was no way for him to grab a hold of his tormentor or look his accuser in the face. He was both the accused and the righteous, guilty and wronged, a wolf and a saint. Could either reality ever be true if the other existed? Did no one else feel this way? Was no one else teetering on the edge of duality? Did no one else falter as he did? When his soul brushed up against others, their pain was unfamiliar to him. He could not seem himself reflect in their faces. They were unhappy, but it was their own unhappiness, and they questioned nothing. Kiche questioned everything. He questioned his god, his motives, and himself. Himself most of all.

Father, have I done alright?

As the storm clouds gathered and swelled above his head, the red man waited for an answer. His eyes were hungry and wet. The grey rain fell impartially on the grey world, and the trees were grey and the grass was grey and the flowers were grey and everything was grey. Only the towering, brutish soul was red — his paws were red with blood and guilt. This was the only question that truly mattered to him. Rain would continue to fall and the breeze would stir the greyness and this would go on longer still, even when he had been long gone — it was insignificant. But had he done good? Was he a good soul or a bad soul? Did his presence in this world disturb the pattern or the bigger picture? Did his father — the All Father — love him, or was he disgusted at his fumbling child? Thunder gugrled in the belly of a dark and bestial cloud above, and Kiche pricked his ears, hanging on an answer.

But God had no answer today — perhaps God didn't know.

This response brought his warring soul no solace. Ashamed, exhausted, and boiling with rage, the red man raised his head and cried out in anguish. It was not a howl as a wolf might have cried... it was his own sound, his own broken soul leaping out from his throat and snagging on his jagged, broken teeth.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2013, 05:44 PM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Namara who has 66 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kamota Aurora
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KamotaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:325px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;">
Kamota strolled around the thicket, this was his place. One could think his story a lie when it was true. He fit in with the surroundings. He was himself. His past comeing back in a flash before his eyes, like death, he would not back away form what is true and good, but he would become dark, a hollow image of his former self. Kamota was born to a pair of Lone Wolves. Suspected to be the 'runt' of the litter compared to his massive siblings. He was looked down upon and shunned by his siblings and sometimes his father too. No matter what he did, it was never good enough.It infuriated him. When he was about a year old, ad his parents had finished teaching the survival basics, he left, ran away with not a simple good-bye. It was too painful for him to have to face them with a good-bye. Even being the runt, he loved his parents and siblings and they loved him back. He continued forward, finding a pack called Lemon Sears. Odd name he'd never encountered, he joined and learned the ways of the pack. One day, a brush fire killed the alphas and they're pups and seconds who tried to help them. A fight for power commenced and Kamota was unwillingly sucked into the fight. He left the pack in fear of being killed and continued on, he left at the age of two years. Exactly one year after leaving his family and 9 months after he joined the pack. He then entered the majestic Relic Lore to begin a new life. Looking for a pack. His new journey.

Horro in his eyes, but the torrent coming to a halt when the scent of a male. "Who's there upon the soil of the Thicket?" He called cautiously. He stared into the males orange eyes when he came into view,

[Image: Kamota-sig01.png]
-Like a phoenix, I rise from the ashes.-
~Anger is a short madness.
Played by MourningZephyr who has 5 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ranon Ianster
Ranon had had some extra time between his constant hunts to just wander around at the edges of the world he knew. The place was usually devoid of any creature with intellect except for him, but he did it anyways in the hopes that he'd one day find someone out here--someone for company.

That day was today.

His ears perked and he looked around when he heard a male wolf call out, asking who was on the soil of the Thicket. Ranon didn't know if he was <i>"upon the soil of the Thicket,"</i> but he assumed he was. Still, the voice being there at all took him by surprise, and the arctic wolf found himself confused as to what to do.

The now cautious Ranon slipped around the dense trees and underbrush while looking around. If he didn't respond soon, the other one might get mad. That was, of course, assuming he'd been addressed at all. His nose smelled two wolves' scents in the air, and neither of them seemed particularly close.

Deciding he wasn't being addressed, Ranon stalked off towards the other two, sniffing gently as he went. <b>"The first voice I've heard in months, and it isn't even talking to me..."</b> he muttered. <b>"Ah well, it's still the first voice in months, that's worth something."</b>
Inactive No Rank
Kiche

"Who's there upon the soil of the Thicket?"

Sure, it might have been a long time since he had seen another soul... but the lordly, overly formal tone rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe in another time, in another mindset, the red man would have laughed. But suddenly Kiche was very ashamed at his emotions, at his nudity. He felt disgusting and pitiful. Perhaps that was why he lashed out with an acidic snarl, "Me, you dumbass." Thunderous undertones from the clouds formed his punctuation. In an instant he snapped closed again, barricading himself against this callous world with hostility. Up rose his hackles, up rose his tail that was like a terrible, red flag of war.

And when from the depths of the flowers, appeared two amber eyes, his grimace deepened. Direct eye contact had always made him feel violently uncomfortable. Quickly, he whirled his head to the left, as if he didn't care to take in this new stranger that had appeared. Out of the corner of his smoldering eyes, though, Kiche did manage to see a wolf of grey and brown much smaller than him — though he was by no means small. For a moment, the towering ginger brute his stood there gazing off into the forest as the rain fell down. Though his sense of smell was poor for his kind, and though the rain dampened his abilities, he thought he could smell another on the breeze. Paranoia crawled up from his secret heart. Without warning, his attention snapped back to the first wolf, "Do you have friends hiding out there? Hmnn?" It was more of an accusation than a question. "Want to have some fun with the lonely stranger? Hmnnn?"

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2013, 05:45 PM by Kiche.)
Inactive Deceased
Kamota Aurora
<i>"Me, you dumbass. Do you have friends hiding out there? Hmnn? Want to have some fun with the lonely stranger? Hmnnn?"</i> Kamota snorted, this was obviously no formal wolf. <b>"I ain't the dumbass here dude, no I think YOU are, I mean, why would a lone wolf have friends? Friends are for sissies."</b> He retorted, he didn't use this language often, but now was a good time for it. His memories swirling around his head, haunting his very soul with a never ending chill. He was the runt, that was final, but no wolf would push him around now, he wouldn't allow it.

Kamota's memories stirred, rubbing him the wrong way. His eyes dulled, zoned out for a brief period of time, a flashback of his sister Namara beating him, she was the most volitile of the bunch, Tenzin tried to protect me, but Namara was also the strongest of them all. He was <span class='word'> quail</span>, all the last bits of courage he had drained from him with that memory. He couldn't back down, to much was at stake, this was serious, he wouldn't walk away. Just then he heard another voice. <b>"I think you've got a friend out here you cowardly bastard."</b> He said.
Played by MourningZephyr who has 5 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ranon Ianster
Ranon crept slowly around the thicket, going towards the two wolves he smelled. He was still far away and cloaked in the shadows of a bush when he saw a large tawny wolf.

<i>"Me, you dumbass."</i>

The arctic wolf's ears perked at the wolf's reply, and he watched as the tawny wolf took on a dominant pose. Then suddenly whirled his head to the left, leaving Ranon perplexed until a second later he spotted a grey and brown wolf, who had probably been the one who asked who was there. In the moments that followed, Ranon stalked ever closer to the two. He didn't show himself yet, out of caution not fear. He desperately wanted to, though. It had been so long since he'd talked to anyone other than his reflection.

<i>"Do you have friends hiding out there? Hmnn? Want to have some fun with the lonely stranger? Hmnnn?"</i>

Only then did Ranon realize he'd stupidly been sneaking around upwind.

<i>"I ain't the dumbass here dude, no I think YOU are, I mean, why would a lone wolf have friends? Friends are for sissies."</i>

The first wolves I see in months, thought Ranon, and they're both calling each other 'dumbass' and acting like overgrown pups--this is going much better than usual! A few moments passed, and the second wolf seemed to space out.

<i>"I think you've got a friend out here you cowardly bastard."</i>

Well, there was little point in continuing to hide now that both of them could smell him. And it seemed like if he didn't they'd just argue about whose side he was on and it could escalate and that would be bad. Thankfully, he had an easy option to prevent that.

The arctic wolf padded out of the bush he'd been hiding in and immediately both wolves' eyes were on him. He held his head and tail high, his ears still perked. <b>"Hello! My name's Ranon. It's a pleasure to meet both of you!"</b> said Ranon cheerily and he smiled.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
    LOLmoodswings. Kiche is just a brat, ignore him xD

All of a sudden, formality was but a light switch that could be turned off. The abrupt shift threw him off balance, and the aggression in his stance began to fade. Suddenly Kiche was unsure of what was going on here.The name calling was childish, really. And as to why a lone wolf would have friends, well... Kiche blinked dumbly at the heathen —his old vernacular slipping quietly back into his thoughts— confused because he had never heard of any reasons a lone wolf couldn't have friends, or why they wouldn't. Although there was still much he didn't know about wolf culture, especially pack culture, he had never really understood a lot of this lone wolf prejudice that had been hinted at here and there. And... Friends are for sissies. Well then. Kiche wasn't really how to even deal with that statement. Bemusement erased all remnants of hostility in his posture. Looks like we've got a badass here.

But if this third wolf wasn't with Mr. Badass, here, then who was he? What was he doing here? Without a doubt, Mr. Badass was probably very intimating and tough in his own right —because he didn't have any friends, and was therefore decidedly not a "sissy"— ... but he was a known evil. The stranger lurking in the shadows was a much greater mystery, and therefore a much greater threat. Falling into a more defensive stance as he pondered this, the ginger man was unaware of Kamota and his flashbacks. His scarlet ears panned left and right subtly, listening for the stranger, waiting for his location to be given away by a broken twig or rustled leaves. Had the his friendless comrade not suddenly cut in with a vaguely contradictory, nonsensical accusation, Kiche probably would have heard the stranger come out of the bush and thus would not have jumped as he heard —

""Hello! My name's Ranon. It's a pleasure to meet both of you!"

"Pleasure?" he echoed with the tiniest smile stretched across his black lips, "That remains to be seen." His firebrand eyes drifted towards the nonsissy heathen, unsure of what to expect after his explosion. And the rain continued to fall.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2013, 05:46 PM by Kiche.)
Inactive Deceased
Kamota Aurora
<i>"Hello! My name's Ranon. It's a pleasure to meet both of you!"</i> Kamota smiled, a wolf with the senses to appreciate other wolves. <b>"Kamota Lyalani, pleasure to meet you too Ranon."</b> He said calmly, most would think the sudden mood swings odd, but he had perfect control of his temper. This was while sure he was timid, and shy. Always hiding, his parents taught him one good thing. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He was strategic.

He thought back, to where he'd learned everything from. Home, his birth place, far behind the Canadian Rockies now. <i>Kamota was born to a pair of Lone Wolves. Suspected to be the 'runt' of the litter compared to his massive siblings. He was looked down upon and shunned by his siblings and sometimes his father too. No matter what he did, it was never good enough.It infuriated him. When he was about a year old, ad his parents had finished teaching the survival basics, he left, ran away with not a simple good-bye. It was too painful for him to have to face them with a good-bye. Even being the runt, he loved his parents and siblings and they loved him back. He continued forward, finding a pack called Lemon Sears. Odd name he'd never encountered, he joined and learned the ways of the pack. One day, a brush fire killed the alphas and they're pups and seconds who tried to help them. A fight for power commenced and Kamota was unwillingly sucked into the fight. He left the pack in fear of being killed and continued on, he left at the age of two years. Exactly one year after leaving his family and 9 months after he joined the pack. He then entered the majestic Relic Lore to begin a new life. Looking for a pack. His new journey.</i>