(See All?) Announcements
429 Users Online
Bing

frostfall — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Golden eyes were alight with question, ready to test and prod. A soft voice caught his attention, briefly for him to look at Sibyl and give her a tail wag. He had long decided he liked her, and her quiet ways. Taima was quick to draw to his side, also staring at their sister. Mother gave her a name, and it clicked. Trisden, yes he should have that in his memory. It was a lot easier to see her, and let his nostrils grab her scent.

His tawny muzzle crinkled at the sound of Taima's bark. He often hated to be copied, but for now let it slide. He had plans to push her in the snow when he was done investigating Trisden. The young Lyall would be caught by surprise, by the bark returned, and the smile to her face. He did not understand the reasons behind it, but found his tail wagging quicker, almost hitting his hips.

He was ready to make his own move, when she came in quicker than he was, grabbing almost his nose, then taking off across the white snow. Unhappy to be taken off guard, his brows furrowed deep across his eyes, and he took off in pursuit of the longer legged Lyall. He did not hesitate to half swipe into Taima's side, daring her to beat him in this new game. Or better set her back in the snow. He himself found the snow was a bit weird to run on, and found himself skidding at first. A little more practice, and his determination he drove forward in chase of the creamy tail. It could be heard around the forest his own slightly deep growls in attempts to grab his sister.
(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2013, 01:29 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/Ryvet.jpg) top no-repeat; background-color: #2e4216;">

Snow. Not to be left inside alone, Ryvet was quick to follow his siblings into the cold stuff that blanketed the ground. He dropped to his stomach and stared in wonder at his forelegs vanishing from sight amongst the white stuff as Renier’s had done with the dirt and the leaves. He couldn’t keep the smile from his face.

The other wolves were almost forgotten until the tawny girl bowed down. He liked her instantly. He quickly joined his siblings, tearing through the snow for the girl who wanted to play... but he was torn between attacking the bigger girl or his brother... or maybe even Taima... He stood more of a chance against those two... but maybe if they worked together...

Before he could reach them, she snapped at Renier and ran away. He was far enough away to spear off and come at her flank. She didn’t seem to be trying too hard, he was sure she could easily outrun them... but he liked chasing games and eagerly snapped at the air behind her heels, while trying to focus on not falling over, or slipping on some unseen danger.

code by bryony
Played by Grey who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
<blockquote>Her black-tipped tail swung about at full speed and as soon as Trisden had given them an 'invitation' for a game of chase, Taima started after her siblings. Her sister took off in long strides and her brothers seemed to have little trouble running on the cold ground. The frost crunched underneath her paws - something she realized she enjoyed - and everywhere behind her, bits of mud and clods of compressed snow were being kicked up. A grin tugged at her muzzle as she eventually caught up to Ryvet's side.

A thrilled, high-pitched growl sounded from her throat. While it had always been determined that a game 'chase' was Taima's favorite, the fact that one of the <i>adults</i> was playing with her and her brothers made this particular game all the more fun. She turned her head slightly to the side to catch Renier's eyes and the plume that was Ryvet's tail. She snickered and fell back a little, pacing her steps so that her ivory brother's tail could be in constant reach. One attempt, two attempts... <i>CLAMP!</i>

Taima's eyes went from Trisden to Ryvet to Renier... then back to Ryvet to gauge his response and brace herself for the commotion to follow quickly after. If this masked girl, this <i>Trisden</i>, was truly her sister and she, too, liked to play games, then maybe she would help her in ambushing her brother.</blockquote>
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
<blockquote>She offered a kind smile to Trisden, and though she tried to not look it, she was a little bit surprised that there was an <i>eldest</i> daughter. She wondered where Trisden had come from, and whether there were more older siblings. Too polite to ask, she held her thoughts.

If Trisden wasn't so much bigger than the rest of them, Sibyl could have imagined that the girl was in the same litter as the rest, just from the way they all played together. The flock of lanky pups were trying their best to chase the yearling through the snow, which was being kicked up in all directions. Sibyl stood unsure, her paws tramping down the fluffy snow as she watched the game before her unfold. Jaysyek and Borden were content to just watch the antics of their children, but Sibyl couldn't help but join the fray. She wasn't sure if she was too old for games, but found she didn't really care either way. Besides, the first snowfall was a good enough excuse.

Picking up the rear of the stampede and content to be merely a part of the wave, she hadn't noticed that Taima was honed in on Ryvet's swishing tail. Sibyl hadn't been expecting the sudden stop when Taima chomped down, and Sibyl dug her heels into the slick snow to stop herself. Realizing a moment too late it would have been better to simply <i>jump</i> over the roadblock, she slid to a halt just inches away from bowling the kids over.</blockquote>
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<i><3</i>

<blockquote>The anguish or distress that hung over him disappeared the instant Trisden caught his eye. He had half-expected to see sorrow reflect back at him in her goldenrod eyes, but in its place a small reassuring twinkle and a soft smile greeted him. He returned the gesture, all the more heartened as Jaysyek cozied up next to him. Things seemed to be looking up, particularly with Trisden, and Borden couldn't be more grateful. It had taken a while for Grizzly Hollow to mend, but the promises he had kept and the vigilance he continually held had made it easy in a sense that stability was what the pack had craved and needed.

He watched as Trisden started up a game of chase, smiling more broadly as both Renier, Taima, and Ryvet caught onto her invitation. Now <i>that</i> was more like it. Laughter, family, friends, pack, quality time... Letting out a soft, contented sigh, the leader gently leaned against his mate's frame, watching the game of chase - and <i>tackle</i> - ensue.</blockquote>
Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/Ryvet.jpg) top no-repeat; background-color: #2e4216;">

He was getting the hang of running on the snow. Even the occasional slippery bit hadn’t managed to bring him down like loose leaves had done in the past. Perhaps he was finally gaining some coordination? But these weren’t thoughts that crossed his mind, he was too caught up in the chase.

As his sisters mouth came to clamp about his tail the pale boy attempted to turn, however her firm hold all but tripped the clumsy boy over, his rear forced to the ground as he turned, teeth exposed to try and nip at his sisters face. It wasn’t fair! Why was she always after him? The white stuff was cold and made his bum damp. He had been having fun chasing the bigger wolf, why couldn’t she just leave him alone? A high pitched whine of a growl left his chest as he called to his brother for back up. They would show her this time! He didn’t care that their parents were watching anymore. He bought his paw up in an attempt to get it over her shoulder as his mouth aimed for an ear. He still owed her for that spitball.

code by bryony
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
This would probably be the last care free day Renier would remember. When everyone was smiling, and nothing was wrong. When trying to taste the snow without reason, and laughing because it felt good. That's all they did. Chase, and play, throwing it, and rolling in it as it continued to fall, covering their home in a pretty white.

It would be a new start for the linage of Lyall's, would it lead to an ending? The body didn't know, he tried to hold onto the images of their faces, this feeling that had a tight grip on his chest. This was family, this was home. There was nothing wrong with the world, it was all okay. It would be the beginning of fond memories, he believed.

Ryvet's whine would alert him, snapping him from his thoughts. He would go into full big brother mode, out to get his sister for messing with his brother hoping another day like this would come. A low growl, he attempted to nibble on a cream limb for the rescue of his white sibling.

{end}
(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2013, 01:35 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]