(See All?) Announcements
470 Users Online
Bing, Google

If only it mattered — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna
Ashanti wandered, hungry, starving maybe? but she couldn't stop. If only it mattered, the hunger. No, not to her. To her, only a few things mattered. Revenge being one of them, it powered her thirst to live. It was the rabbit in her belly, the water on her lips. It was life. The other being the lust, the need for a pack. The pack could be her <span class='word'>catholicon</span> to her need for revenge. If she could, but she found the possibilities unlikely. A pack, with formidable leaders, did not believe in revenge upon they're soil. So for now, revenge needed to wait to fill her belly; it needed to wait to be the water that kept her alive. She crouched down at the scent of a vole. Her hunting techniques she learned from Amokta, the best hunter from her previous pack.

She snuck up on it, she was downwind, her paw steps as light as she could make them, almost like walking on air a bit. She watched intently, focused, as she leaped, the vole heard her. But she was to fast, it was under her paws, she snapped it's neck with a clean blow. Success was hers once more. She sat down, gulping down her prey. Her hunger sedated for now. she looked around, she had arrived at a fall, this fall, was familiar some how. It reminded her much of her home in the mountains. the Canadian Rockies, Mt. McKinley. She lapped up some of the crystal clear water.
(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2012, 02:10 AM by Ashanti.)
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 154 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/raistab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #777b82;">
The rush of the falls sang in his ears and it was it's rhythm to which he danced. Nimble grey paws carried him through the trees, towards the familiar cascade of water. He had been here once before, though this time he was a little bit older and a little bit wiser. He did not doubt the strength of the water, especially with the power added to it's flow by the rains of Autumn. He didn't plan on sticking his head in like he had last time, but he just wanted to see it again.

While his months in the Lore so far numbered few, he now felt comfortable in knowing its places and how they would benefit him. He knew this place as a sort of sanctuary, a place for water and rest before he would return to the harsh realities of living alone. He wasn't exactly welcomed everywhere as a lone wolf, and particularly not around Swift River, where he had crossed the line. Food was a valuable commodity which was difficult to come by in decent quantities, and as a result Rais' already wiry frame was even leaner.

As he approached the pool of the falls, the scent of a female and a flash of white fur caused him to pause mid step. He couldn't afford to run into a Swift River wolf, or anyone particularly aggressive. At one point he would have willingly sought out danger, but as he became more and more aware how very vulnerable he was alone he started making his decisions with more caution. He was well familiar with the scent of Swift River, a few of its members already known to him. This girl was no wolf of the River, and she didn't look particularly dangerous though she was noticeably taller than him.

Coming to a decision, he continued, his tail swinging in a friendly greeting. He wasn't sure what it was about them, but he really did prefer being around ladies more. Red was dappled around her mouth, blood from a kill he assumed was long gone. It was a shame she had eaten already, as he could have gone for some food as well. His stomach clenched in response to thoughts of food and he wanted to ask if she had any left. Though seldom used, he did have a sense of manners though, and didn't mention it. Instead, Rais smiled politely as his bright eyes roved over her snowy white figure. <b style="color:#494b4f">"Hello-o!" He greeted, his orange eyes finally meeting her soft blue ones.

table by bryony
[Image: LoneCrow1.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti's ears perked up, her eyes scanning around the falls, her nose sniffing out a scent as she heard a faint hello in the distance, whipping her head around to find a strange lone wolf. <i>"Hello-o"</i> His voice echoed, she quickly wiped the blood from her muzzle. <b>"Hello there, I am Ashanti Aranna."</b> She said, a little bit of a head bow in respect for the male whom was there. Se was always taught to respect other wolves, no matter the rank or the status in the community, from the loneliest thief to the richest gentlemen. Always be kind, her first lesson she could remember through the cold, harsh times in her life.

As she waited and waited for the response, she sat down. Why was this wolf here? This had been a sort of safe haven to her, a place she could be alone and free. Free to cry, or to die, to remember, to learn. It had been her place for everything, now a wolf desecrated it with its feet, but she could not complain, she did not own the land, she could not force someone away. Maybe soon she'd have a pack to be with, to protect land for. To hunt for. Maybe some day, she would figure out she was lonely and that she needed a family. That it wasn't all about her. However that time was not now it appeared.

She looked at his, in a way she was studying him. sometimes, nice encounters ended in death. Or in fights. He was a rather small wolf, a good thing in her book, but also a bad as she saw the sorrowful whims of hunger floating around him, she wished she had't eaten all that vole. Then maybe she could offer him some. but that would have to wait. Her <span class='word'>hamartia</span> was her underestimating smaller wolves. His small orange bulbs looking at her, the muzzle she'd just cleaned of blood. Guilt had spread over her for this one instance.

A few things did stand out about him though, he did have a mottled like grey fur, although his orange eyes brightened among his fur in comparison. She thought she could tell a bright kind personality among him. She didn't realize he was all but to some packs such as Swift River. All she saw was a kind, hungry, nearly starved to death kind wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/raistab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #777b82;">
<b style="color:#494b4f">"It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ashanti. That’s a lovely name." Again he flashed a smile, one corner of his mouth tilted up in a charming smirk. While it seemed like a carefree action, he was thinking about how he wanted her to trust him. If he seemed a little bit silly and laid-back, perhaps she wouldn't notice how thoroughly he thought over things or calculated the situation. He didn't know why it mattered, after all it seemed like the girl was a loner with no more possessions to her name than his own held. He stepped forward, his head ducked low but ears and eyes directed curiously forward. She had sat down, but he noticed her looking at him with as much interest as he inspected her with. Perhaps it was not interest born from similar reasons, but interest all the same.

<b style="color:#494b4f">"My name's Rais, a wanderer from nowhere." He said, taking yet another confident stride towards her. Taking her cue, he lowered his haunches to the ground. <b style="color:#494b4f">“So,” he began, canting his head inquisitively, <b style="color:#494b4f">“What brings you here?” Rais’ paws seemed they couldn’t hold still, even when sitting. He kept fidgeting as if looking for a more comfortable position to sit. He glanced behind her, looking at the falls for the briefest of moments. In an instant, he was looking back at her, his head tilted in the other direction this time. <b style="color:#494b4f">“A beautiful place for a beautiful girl, I would think.” He squinted and his pink tongue lolled out in a silent laugh. Maybe it was a little bold of him, but he strongly believed in “nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

table by bryony
Inactive No Rank
"It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ashanti. That’s a lovely name. My name's Rais, a wanderer from nowhere. What brings you here? A beautiful place for a beautiful girl, I would think."[/i] What was this guys game? She wondered, her eyes emotionless, blocking out every emotion. Herself standing as a brick wall of protection from her mind. <b>"Thank you, but what I'm wondering is why such a handsome boy is in a place like this? Don't you know, only loners and thieves come here now a days. So what are you playing at boy?"</b> She teased. Her eyes fluttering a bit. It no doubt stung, she saw the hunger in him. she bet he wanted food from her.

She observed him again. He was a bit misleading, sly. He had to be a thief, he had all the characteristics of onoe. But two played that game. Like it takes two to tango. She smiled. <b>"Also, you just missed the rabbit, we could have shared, of course after someone had tried to steal it then you would have heroically leapt into battle to defend poor little old me. That is what princes do right?"</b> She said with a laugh. she was gonna have her fun. She loved messing with loners, especially male loners. They were much easier to get a reaction out of. As she awaited a response, she sat down, but never letting any emotion out her eyes, her mind was rolling on the floor. It was a good one.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
He threw his head back, a mirthful laugh ringing from his chest. She thought she was clever, did she? <b style="color:#494b4f">"Only loners and thieves? My, where does that place you then, darling? Which are you? A loner, or a thief? Did you even catch that food yourself? Or did you steal it?" He leaned forward, his eyes narrowing in an accusation. For a moment he nearly looked serious before he laughed again. With her blindingly white coat she would stand out in any environment short of a blizzard, and her size was too great to allow her the necessary agility for getting out of situations quickly. A poor thief she would be.

<b style="color:#494b4f">"Prince?" Of all of her comments, that one seemed to throw Rais off balance. A strange pain wrung his heart that he didn't quite understand. His brother was the prince of the family, destined for leadership of their pack from birth. Rais was just the black sheep, small and unimpressive in stature, disobedient, and wholly disinterested in his father's lessons. He had always been jealous of the attention Trenzi received, but was lately finding that he really missed his brother. He'd left home to find something better, though he wasn't sure he had found it yet. Loneliness more than hunger seemed to haunt his thoughts recently. A pack might give him both of those, but at the cost of his freedom Rais wasn't sure he could make that trade. With a sigh he rolled his beady eyes, <b style="color:#494b4f">"Look, I'm no prince. I have no kingdom or castle. And sure, I'll get food any way I can. I have to live somehow, right? If that makes me a thief, fine. I have as much a right to be here as you do." His nose twitched as he sniffed at the air, before he raised an eyebrow at her. <b style="color:#494b4f">"Besides, that wasn't a rabbit. I can still smell it."

table by bryony
Inactive No Rank
<i> "Only loners and thieves? My, where does that place you then, darling? Which are you? A loner, or a thief? Did you even catch that food yourself? Or did you steal it? Prince? Look, I'm no prince. I have no kingdom or castle. And sure, I'll get food any way I can. I have to live somehow, right? If that makes me a thief, fine. I have as much a right to be here as you do. Besides, that wasn't a rabbit. I can still smell it."</i> She grinned. <b>"I'm not a thief right now, its more of a hobby, but that's only to those who make me mad and it has happened before. I'm not all female. I am a warrior too, I said that loners and thief's come here, I am indeed a loner."</b> She stated, her eyes piercing in question.

<b>"Well it seems you have no name."</b> She stated, her eyes a bit questioning. Her eyes fluttered a bit in a flirt. <b>"I suppose your right, a vole and a rabbit are different, but they're both the same thing. Prey."</b> She pointed out. Her eyes were now emotionless. Her ears perked up and her muzzle completely shut. Narrowing her eyes. She didn't seem to trust him for some reason. Even though she was the one screwing with him.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
For a moment he stared at Ashanti, his eyes widening in disbelief before narrowing back to suspicious slits. This time Rais' suspicion was called forth due to her sheer stupidity. He couldn't stand idiots. Rais was like a sponge, he deemed every scrap of information as important and treated each with care. Even though he looked like no more than a fidgeting, insolent child, he really did pay attention to the world around him. He didn't expect everyone to take such great lengths to remember things, but if someone couldn't even remember his name, he couldn't muster much respect for them.

His upper lip curled back into a sort of sneer, white teeth flashing for a moment before he covered them. <b style="color:#494b4f">"What? Are you deaf? Or just an idiot? I said my name once, I won't say it again because apparently either your skull or your ears are filled with dirt. I'm not going to waste my time talking if you're not going to bother and listen." A small growl rumbled in his throat and he stood. What a disappointment, such a pretty face was only a veneer for a dull mind.

Deciding she wasn't worth his time, he chose to ignore her. He looked past her towards the waterfall, and his body language disregarded her presence completely. Mostly it was for show, Rais was paying attention to her, hearing and scent honed on to her presence. He moved past Ashanti to the pool and leaned down for a drink, but stopped before his tongue reached the water. He looked back over his shoulder, unable to ignore her any longer. Something didn't seem quite right.

table by bryony
Inactive No Rank
(She does like to repeat 'If only it mattered')
<i>"What? Are you deaf? Or just an idiot? I said my name once, I won't say it again because apparently either your skull or your ears are filled with dirt. I'm not going to waste my time talking if you're not going to bother and listen."</i> She smiled simply, it was all part of her game. She just loved pissing guys like him off. <b>"Oh Pardon me, I didn't realize you were just a pup with those lame insults. It does not affect a loner like me. Who was forced out of her pack by a power hungry aunt. Orphaned because I refused to die with my family. Struggled for so long to finally reach a place to call home. Maybe my mistrusts were right. If only it mattered though. If only your insults mattered Rais, if only what you said mattered."</b>

<b>"Say you about a bit of a wisdom who has been through much, it will help in the long run. Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately when it's pupils grow nearly to strong for death, time gives them to death willingly. For if one is too strong for death, they are too powerful for time, and will outwit time itself. So live life, embrace it. So use that in your work, as for me, my work is done here. I think I've toyed with your emotions and thoughts enough to know who you really are. Mr. Rais, Anger Issues Rose."</b> She just loved to make fun of people she met, there was no wolfanity in it, but it still happened. She stayed, she had of course expected him to leave so she could rest, in her temporary den, in peace. She smelled a doe near by, but there was no way for her to catch it. Surely Rais wouldn't want to help a fae who had just played him for a clueless, anger issued idiot.
Inactive No Rank
Rais Rose
He turned back to face her, his dark ears flattened against his skull. He wanted to tear that stupid haughty smile right off of her smug face. Normally he didn't let people get to him, but when she started talking he felt his blood boil. He had stood through many a lecture by appearing to agree with whatever was said. This time, though, he bared his teeth in an obvious display of irritation. Which made him even angrier in that it only confirmed what she had said about him. The complacent mask that had so far gotten him through life unscathed had shattered. He couldn't explain what about her annoyed him so greatly, but he supposed his greatest annoyance was held in that he really did want to get along with her, at least at first. His ruined opinion of her, and thus his ruined encounter foretold of more countless days spent alone. A silvery plume, his tail stretched up towards the sky and the pale hairs along his shoulders bristled.

The final rotten cherry on the shit sundae of his day was when she finally did say his name. Ashanti thought she could toy with him, did she? He couldn't hold back any longer, and a surprisingly loud snarl emerged from Rais' tiny body. His jaws parted, spit flying as he flashed his fangs and snapped at the air in a threat. <b style="color:#494b4f">"You piece of shit," he growled. The small bit of consciousness in the back of his mind that often screamed in alert before he was about to do something utterly stupid was shouting at him to stop. He couldn't afford a fight, especially not over something so petty. If he won, no food, territory, nor mates would be gained. All that fighting could possibly achieve would be an ego boost for the champion. And if he lost... He had everything to lose. Trying to survive the coming winter alone would be difficult, but trying to do so while wounded could be the end of his short life.

His breath came in ragged pants through clenched teeth, his dark snout still wrinkled in a snarl. His body shook with the beast demanding to be let free, but he held his fury back by a thread. <b style="color:#494b4f">"You know who doesn't matter? You, you worthless cur." He snapped. He hadn't meant to say it, but he found the words left his mouth before his mind had caught up with them. His anger was beginning to scare him more than anything else, as it whittled away at his wits and self control, the two aspects of himself which were his pride and center of being. He began to sidle along the bank of the pool, moving away from the girl. He kept his head facing towards her, fangs still bared and head pulled back into his shoulders protectively. He needed to get out of here.

table by bryony