(See All?) Announcements
501 Users Online
Google, Bing

Shadowstorm's Startle — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
(No table for me this thread. It's a special thread!!!)

Shadowstorm had found a sound hollow to sleep in. It was a darker night then usual. The night of the new moon and she was up adventuring against Nina's orders. She hated being trapped in one place for an extended amount of time. She'd grown up four years of her life wandering. Going wherever her heart took her. But now, it was time for sleep. This was a different sleep. There was no nice dream of her, with her mother and brother. The two she cared for. Her around a nice place in peace. No, it was a nightmare.

Shadowstorm was in her own personal hell. She was alone, trapped in a cave that had no exit. She was stuck with her dad. She was leader of a pack and stuck with her dad which made it worse. Her dad was her worst nightmare. He talked, was the only one capable of moving his jaws. The only one who could move. She stiffened with fright for a moment of two. Before she knew it, her entire body frozen. She had a sort of body lock. Her father lunged after a long speech on how much of disgrace she'd brought to the Slayer line. He'd given her the last name Coaten for further disgrace. Turns out her father was once known as Coaten. Born into a pack, found the name a disgrace and connected it with packs. He attacked her while her body was still locked in place. Attacking, and maiming her. Until she was barely alive. He spat on her and walked away proud now of his work. Going to find Shade. She still couldn't speak. Her head screaming thoughts to keep him away from Shade.

Shadowstorm awoke with a sudden fright. Just a nightmare. She told herself over and over. She wondered if it would ever get better.
(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2012, 03:38 AM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Played by Han who has 116 posts.
Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KyrieTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 180px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
The night had fallen just like every day. This time she would not have the companion of the silver moon watching over her. It was her time to watch the borders in this dark night without stars. Kyrie didn't mind the darkness, because of it her white fur seemed to be shining. Like one little star was trying to light up the dark sky. With the wind blowing in her face it was easy detect any trespassers. Not that it would happen, Willow Ridge had a peaceful period where there food was almost going to them and everyone was healthy. The white fae enjoyed it well they still could. It would not be the first time that her little dream would shatter right before her nose. She didn't want to think about the first time, her brain had permanent locked up that area for her own good sake. Thousand aand one locks hang on that part of her past so she could live her innocent self. That's why, even now she would not think about it and focused on her patrol.

The wind dragged a familiar scent with it. Kyrie smelled it just when she was almost done with her border patrol. Everything was just fine and she wanted to go back to the Den before she smelled the scent of one she had met not so long ago. How could she say it, she was a bit surprised. The black fae seemed to like travelling a lot. Her route changed towards the smell passing their borders into the natural lands. As she was like a little star wandering in the dark woods so was Shadowstorm dark as the night, melding with the black of the sky. It would be hard to see her so Kyrie had to rely on her nose to find the black woman. Assuming she would be asleep, the scent didn't change directions, her blue eyes won't show.

Finally she saw her, or actually she saw her shape. Sleeping the hollow something seemed not quite right. Her body was stiff and tense, yet her eyes were closed. A nightmare? Careful she nudged her nose into her neck, no reaction. Just feeling that all her muscles where tensed like in a fight. Slowly she moved out the hollow, sat as a guarding angel waiting for her to wake up. A hard scream was the sign the black woman was awake again. Kyrie turned her head, smiled warm almost motherly at the older woman. 'Everything okay?' She whispered softly. With worry she looked at the woman. It seemed that the nightmare was more frighting than she had imagined.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
Shadowstorm's fright had shaken her up into a bad mood. She screamed at the sight of a wolf, but later realized it was Kyrie. <i>'Everything Okay?'</i> The gentle fae asked. Other then the fact she'd just had an abusive nigtmare and was scared out of her pelt because she woke up to the presence of another wolf staring at her, she was fine. She couldn't tell Kyrie about her dream, it would involve telling her past as well, she wasn't ready to do that yet. <b>"Everything's fine!"</b> She snapped quickly and started to groom the wrinkles and knots in her fur out. She was not in a good mood.

The long fur of Kyrie still present in the hollow. She figured she had to talk. <b>What brings you here on this night?"</b> She asked, her mood still bad and her voice irritated. Was this Drooping Willows? Shadowstorm didn't know where the winds took her anymore. All she cared about was the adventure. Not the destination that she was exploring. Was she near Shade? Maybe she was, Kyrie was here after they'd reunited Sloane and Jacob, she was supposed to get back to her pack. Shadowstorm connected two and two. The nightmare made her remember the words she told Follko, hte painful truth.

<i>"My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my friend. I was born to adestinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know, I thought my brother Shade was in dead. But truth is he joined a pack called Willow Ridge. Odd, after all these years, he went against my father's teachings. By the end of our lessons. He was set on the goal of never being in a pack ever. "</i>

The last part was more remenant in her mind. the painful scarring of emotions did hurt and made her remember, but the part about Shade never joining a pack, that was the part that made her wonder. Why did he join Willow ridge and why would he, according th they're father, 'taint the bloodline?' Why was it that he saw the need for Willow Ridge like Shadowstorm saw the need for Copper Rock Creek. Shadowstorm was not definately in Copper Rock Creek yet, but she hoped shewas close. There was more to it then that, she wanted a home to call home.

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/KyrieTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 180px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shadowstorm, she was awake her eyes looked like a wild animal. Worried she watched the black woman. Nightmares were a scary thing, she hoped she may could help the sister of her packmate but couldn't say for sure if she wanted to talk to a stranger. The met with Jacob, travelled together to secluded Spring. Not much of a stranger anymore but was their bond already strong enough that Shadow would tell her worries to her?

'Everything's fine!' Was what the woman snapped. Surprised Kyrie looked in the blue eyes. Except the obvious lie, the woman snapped at her. Has she done something wrong to her? In her memories the black fae was more gentle and nice to her. It could be from the shock and waking up from a nightmare, nobody would be in a good mood after something like that. The white fae decided to not take it too heart.

'I had patrol and smelled your scent in the air.' She said calm but her eyes confused. Did she forget she was in the Willows? It was normal that she would smell her if she was nearby. After all, it was their land that lay behind her. 'I thought you would stay by Copper Rock Creek?' Was it okay for the black woman to come and go as she pleased? Kyrie doubt that this would make her more.. welcome. She gets medical treatment but she still walks like she is the most healthy wolf on earth. She could understand she wanted to do something, travel a bit since Shadow didn't look like the type to sit and wait. Yet, was walking to the other side of Lore not a bit to extreme? 'Are your injuries healing well?' Kyrie barked carefully, she didn't want to trample on the black woman's toes now she was so agitated. Hopefully she would calm down soon.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
Shadowstorm felt as if Kyrie had the right to know her past. <b>"I'm sorry for snapping Kyrie. I've been wandering and you caught me after a nightmare. My past basically. I'm not sure if Shade has told you our tale. But if he hasn't, please do not bring this up to him. It can make him very angry, very fast. My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my friend. I was born to a destinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know, I thought my brother Shade was in dead. But truth is he joined a pack called Willow Ridge. Odd, after all these years, he went against my father's teachings. By the end of our lessons. He was set on the goal of never being in a pack ever. But I guess when he left our home, he decided to leave our beliefs behind, maybe thats what I should have done when I came across Copper Rock Creek lands."</b> She said.

She listened. <i> Are you're injuries healing well?</i> It was so kind of her to care about Shadowstorm's leg. <b>"Yes, my injuries are healing well, I think I've earned back Nina's trust as well too."</b> She said proudly.

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
[Sorry for the lateness will try to catch things up slowly TT_TT]

The black woman, she woke up and snapped like a other wolf she didn't know. It kind of surprised her than but the sudden change was more confusing. Shadowstorm, just a second ago looked irritated, shocked but it was like someone snapped with it's fingers and all of that was gone. For Kyrie, the she-wolf didn't have to apologize. Everyone had those things sometimes and she didn't take it to heart. The white wolf nodded she accepted the apologies but frowned a bit. Her past. So she dreamed of the past. Her heart tightened, they were the same but yet they were different. A past haunting you even in your dreams, it was something more scary than the future. Cause there was no way you could overcome it if you didn't do it yourself. Nobody who could really help you with it, the only thing they could do was listen and give advice.

Something Kyrie would do.. However, Shadows's past, was probably the same as that from Shade. The white fae felt like the sister of her packmate needed a ear. Someone to listen to her voice. Shade, the brown chocolate wolf never spoke a word about his past. If he did it was just the things you kind of could guess. Was it okay for her to listen to a story where he played a big role, without his knowing?

Doubtful Kyrie looked into the blue eyes. Shadowstorm just talked further, said she didn't want her to speak about it in front of Shade. She bit her lip but listened further. It was obviously clear the woman would not stop to speak. Kyrie would listen, say no word to Shade unless he would talk about it to Kyrie in personal. Between that time, it would be a bit awkward to know more about him than he knew about her. It felt like the secret of his past would hang between them when they would speak again. A big breathe she took and blew out the worries. First things came first, now was that Shadow.

The story, her ears flicked slightly, her eyes were glued on the black woman's face. The story was long, full with tragedies and hardships. It made her wanna vomit what happened to those two. The thought of such a violent and hard wolf, it was hard for someone who had always had the luxury of parental love. She felt her fur come up, such a cruel man to live with. There was no way Kyrie could compare her own problems with that of the Slayer siblings. Because she never had to fight for just survival in her cub years. Her pack cared for her, learned her to polish her forte and gave her so much love. She had friends and parents she loved with her whole heart. This kind of thing, they didn't felt it. The strength and protection of a pack or a family who would give his life for you. Instead they seemed to only have each other. No, after they separated they were alone.

Kyrie whimpered some time before her brain kind of stored the big story in her head. No wonder she had nightmares. She was happy both had now kind of a family. Shade was it them, Shadow was by Copper rock Creek. It didn't look like the black woman had already been accepted in the pack but Kyrie wished for her that the leaders would give her a change. She had a big heart and Kyrie saw her as a friend. How could she not? She liked the sister and her brother. Both she considered as friends.

A warm smile showed up on her face as the fae spoke about Nina. Kyrie nodded. 'Nina has a good heart, I don't think she would held a grudge about anyone nor does she like to be someone who hates a other wolf.' For a second Kyrie watched the dark surroundings. 'Your story.. I'm really sorry for it, not that this will change it or something like that.' A vague trail of a smile Kyrie tried to throw away her odd feelings. She didn't really know what to say actually. There were no words to make this story good. 'I'm glad you're here now. Because I know everything will be alright.' Her hazel eyes looked into the blue ones. 'I won't lie, Shade is here again and you will always have me. If you need someone just call and I will be there in a second. Shadow, you are my friend and I'm sure many will see you as one.' It sounded a bit cheesy in her ears but it were words from the heart.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ShadowstormTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 165px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
'Nina has a good heart, I don't think she would held a grudge about anyone nor does she like to be someone who hates a other wolf. Your story.. I'm really sorry for it, not that this will change it or something like that. I'm glad you're here now. Because I know everything will be alright I won't lie, Shade is here again and you will always have me. If you need someone just call and I will be there in a second. Shadow, you are my friend and I'm sure many will see you as one.' It was good to hear one other wolf was OK with her other then Shade. Shadow nodded. "thank you so much Kyrie." She said. "For everything." She couldn't be more grateful.

She remembered her dream, the startle, nightmare. There was no nice dream of her, with her mother and brother. The two she cared for. Her around a nice place in peace. No, it was a nightmare.Shadowstorm was in her own personal hell. She was alone, trapped in a cave that had no exit. She was stuck with her dad. She was leader of a pack and stuck with her dad which made it worse. Her dad was her worst nightmare. He talked, was the only one capable of moving his jaws. The only one who could move. She stiffened with fright for a moment of two. Before she knew it, her entire body frozen. She had a sort of body lock. Her father lunged after a long speech on how much of disgrace she'd brought to the Slayer line. He'd given her the last name Coaten for further disgrace. Turns out her father was once known as Coaten. Born into a pack, found the name a disgrace and connected it with packs. He attacked her while her body was still locked in place. Attacking, and maiming her. Until she was barely alive. He spat on her and walked away proud now of his work. Going to find Shade. She still couldn't speak. Her head screaming thoughts to keep him away from Shade.

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
Really little sorry D8

Shadowstorm looked happy that she had told about her past. Her eyes didn't look regretful. Kyrie smiled and shook her head. 'You don't have to thank me. I just listened to your story.' No the white girl didn't felt like she had done anything at all. She listened and told her what she thought about it. She could not ease her pain or rewind the clock so tings could turn out different. She could not help anymore than listening and talking the truth. That wasn't something to be thankful for. At least it was not for Kyrie. But, if she was in the situation of Shadow she probably had said thank you anyway, even if it was just for formal manners. 'Besides, this is what friends do for each other, right?' She chuckled as she gave the black fae a soft nudge against her nose. Kyrie prayed for the her friend to be able to sleep better in the future. With sweet dreams instead of bitter nightmares. She prayed but there was no guarantee it would come out. 'Are you sleepy or do you always stay awake after a nightmare?' Kyrie could fully understand if Shadow felt nothing for sleeping a second time. The chance of getting a nightmare again was just around the corner, but Kyrie thought that the next sleep would bring some more peace than this night.
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
(Sorry for the wait Han <3)
(Also, I really need to wrap this up if ya don’t mind, so can you maybe post one more time then we can Archive it...)
<i>'You don't have to thank me. I just listened to your story. Are you sleepy or do you always stay awake after a nightmare?'</i> Said the polite Kyrie. Shadow wasn't sure, was she good to sleep? Or was she wide awake? she looked a bit puzzled as she thought to herself. What wasn't realized by Kyrie was how much this had meant to Shadow, most don't care to try and make friends with the rude fae, and here, Kyrie had managed to actually succeed, this wolf could stand her mood swings. This was big, huge, it was an event that Shadow herself would always remember. She looked at the white wolf. <b>”I haven't the slightest idea on if I can continue back to sleep or not Kyrie, I just am not sure.”</b> She said politely.

She stared at the white fae, what was her history, was it as traumatizing as her own? Or was it a nice, happy story? She looked at the ground, she had to be continuing forward. <b>”It was nice to see you again Kyrie, but I really must be going, Nina will wonder where I disappeared too.”</b> She said hulling herself to feet. She walked out, looking back at Kyrie before running, a very rude way to leave, but that was Shadow after all, always rude. She couldn't stop, she'd been gone a while, Nina shouldn't know she was traveling. She looked back, she shouldn't have left Kyrie hanging, but she had to leave. Hopefully she would understand.

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive III. Medic
Kyrie Hyde
The black she-wolf seemed to need some thinking time. Both answers, Kyrie laid out the options for the sister of her packmate. If she wanted to keep awake, because of the nightmare or whatsoever Kyrie might be her accompany. If she wanted to sleep Kyrie would stay till the time she woke up or go back to her own home. If she wanted to sleep but could not she would have gone searching for some calming herbs. It was up to Shadow what the white girl would do. Her thinking right now, she may look like it but she would not do everything for just somebody. Coure, because of her personality her help would go to everyone who needed it but that service had some borders. However, the white girl did not stay with the black because of Shade. She stayed because she saw this woman as her friend. A friend who had needed her. Shadow wasn't like Narimé, nor close to Elettra she deeply admired. No she was totally different from them. Her personalities changed, from sweet and kind to rude and just brutal. That was just Shadowstorm, would it not be much more rude to ask a wolf to change his true being into something faked but liked?

The short silence was enough for the fae to decide. The decision to go. Kyrie smiled and nodded. 'I'm glad to have seen you, of course I hope to see you next time-' for a last time her hazel eyes watched carying in the blue eyes. '- in a happier state. Greetings to Nina don't make her worry too much.' The last thing came out in a playful tone. If Shadow had heard it, since she already turned around to mix with the darkness around them. Her white head shook while snickering. Rude as always so it seemed. It was a sign that the nightmare had not as much effect on her anymore, that was great. With still a smile on her face the white girl turned her back to return to her own dream.

End {finally sorry for the wait xD}
user posted image