(See All?) Announcements
768 Users Online
Bing, Google

Broaden Your Horizons... — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jen who has 71 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Tempest Thorben
Tempest groaned silently as she awoke in the late night hours once more. Her russet tail lashed in annoyance with the intangible alarm that insisted that she needed only a few hours of sleep at a time. She rolled onto her back with a silent sigh and stared up at the stars that were still backdropped with the inky blackness of the night sky. The tiny white lights twinkled like bright diamonds and she smiled as the clear night was dimly lit by the far away orbs. She didn't know what they were, but they were somehow beautiful in their mystery.

Just as she was being lulled back into a light slumber by the stillness of the peaceful night, a flicker caught her attention. Her amber eyes glittered as she focused on the area that the light had come from. After long moments of total concentration and brows furrowed with focus, it came again. One of the diamonds in the sky moved and darted arcross the black expanse. Her eyes lit with wonder and she glaned over to Guiness. She rolled over quietly as she considered her brother for a moment. He needed his sleep as badly as she did. Likely worse. This sight was wondrous though and not one to be seen every day.

With a gentle nudge, she said his name softly not wanting to startle him out of sleep. He had bad dreams on occasion that woke him and he worried a great deal about her. She waited for him to stir, then she whispered in an awed voice, "Guiness. Look at the sky. The stars a moving!" Her soft voice called to him and comforted him, letting him know that it was no emergency. He didn't have to be the warrior, just her brother.
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2012, 06:23 PM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/sets/shadetable.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #c7b49b;">
Shade's anger had drastically cooled. All it was now was the need for a hug. His mate no longer loved him. It was depressing, and a lot to take it. His eyes a bit watered from the event. He looked up to the stars. There was a group of shooting stars in the air. He'd remembered the last time he'd seen them. Nina had recently recalled that night. That was the night that he was so angry, he mauled a wolf, just older then a pup. It made his heart sink to think about it. He'd ruined her life. Maybe to repent all this sins, he should die himself. Get himself killed, easy enough to do with Kiche, Elettra and Kano in the pack.

The glint of a pair of wolves came into view. They were close he could tell. <b style="color:#8e989d">"Hello there, I am Shade." He said calmly, they seemed to have noticed the stars flying across the sky too. He looked up to the heavens. Was his mother sending him a sign? A sign to never give up hope? He hoped it was hiss mother. Not his father telling him to fuck off and go die in a hole. He figured it was his dad though, his ears drooped a bit as he became more depressed. He was actually feeling a bit suicidal. He loved Rosealia, but she didn't love him anymore. She thought it was puppy love. But he thought not. She was having an affair no doubt. She was caught with loners and other pack wolves that were males all the time. Not to mention when she wasn't, she had a male, not him, clinging to her fur. In other words. Shade found her to be a dirty whore right now, unless she could prove him wrong.

table by bryony
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Lightning who has 136 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
I feel as though I'm making Gui sexist towards males. :P Poor guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/GuinessTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
His eyes were shut, staring into an empty blackness as frogs croaked nearby and owls hooted overhead. He had finally been able to allow himself to sleep slightly, but had been woken up not to long afterwards, his ears pricked and nose once again alert for any sign of danger. He would not have been quite relaxed if his sister had been prowling in the night looking for something to eat, but instead she was right there next time him, the two sharing each other’s warmth in a continuous cycle. If he had a choice he would have given all of his body heat to her. . .but as he well knew, that would have killed him. He did not notice his sister’s movements, for he was lost deep with his own thoughts, but when he was nudged, his golden amber eyes opened to meet familiar eyes of his sister. He sat up, his head now tilting up towards the sky where his sister was mentioning. What was it?

Oh! What a sight there was to see. Stars shot across the sky like there was no tomorrow and they seemed to be dancing around in the sky having no care in the world of who saw. For once his jaw dropped and one word came out of his mouth, "Pretty. . ." His eyes were so distracted by the sky when he heard another voice behind him her whirled around. His own paws had already danced in front of his sister and his lips pulled back in a vicious snarl. Male. . .danger. . . .protect. A threatening growl rose from the mouth of Guiness, his fur fluffed out, giving him the impression that he was three times bigger than he actually was. His tail and body posture was stiff and ears perked high as he stared at the male. Perhaps if the wolf would have been a different gender, the greeting out come might have been slightly different. . .along with the fact that the guardian hadn’t sensed the other at first.
Pillar of Strength
Tempest Thorben
The large russet fae smiled at the simple joy Guiness expressed at the sight and was glad that she had woke him. They had been so focused on finding Sloane and keeping each other safe that there had been little time for such innocent delights as watching a rare sight together.

Tempest was so focused on the stars dancing across the sky and her brother enjoying them with her that she too failed to notice the approach of another. Her gut reaction was predictable, given that it was a male and that they had both been surprised by him. She whirled to face him, her hackles rose and her long white fangs gleamed in the night. As quickly as she had reacted, Guiness was somehow quicker. He always was when it came to protecting her.

As her bear of a brother placed his considerable bulk between her and the stranger, she took a moment to process the other wolf. Yes, he had surprised them, but his voice was calm and his stance was non-threatening. He would have had a hard time of it taking on her alone, no less with her brother at her side. As she perused him, there was something in his eyes that called out to her, almost asking for help. It was not obvious, but there was a sadness there and she didn't wish to cause him any more.

"Guiness, be still. I don't think that he means any harm. He just caught us off guard." She nudged her defensive sibling's shoulder to be sure that he heard and heeded her words. Then she turned her amber gaze to the wolf. Slade. "Please forgive our... greeting...Slade. My brother and I are new to the area. I am Tempest Thorben and this big fellow is my brother, Guiness." Her words were friendly enough, yet still gaurded. She wondered once more if her past would ever set her free...
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2012, 06:26 PM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
(This one is a bit short)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
"Guiness, be still. I don't think that he means any harm. He just caught us off guard. Please forgive our... greeting...Slade. My brother and I are new to the area. I am Tempest Thorben and this big fellow is my brother, Guiness." Shade nodded to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you both. I am Shade, not Slade, though most do mistake my name. Pretty sky tonight, I don't see shooting stars around much anymore. But then again, I'm always too busy. I'm in a pack, a guardian, so I'm constantly running the borders." He said, his muzzle barely parting as he spoke, but the words flowed out fluently and clearly. He waited to see if they responded.

He could't help but notice Guiness was a bit like himself. A Guardian in some ways, although he figured different circumstances. obviously, if it was that they were of the same pack, it would be different now. It looked as if he was guarding himself, and his sister. Admirable, but Shade was nothing of a threat to them, of course that would be wrong if they were on pack lands. He looked at them both, studying them in a way.

Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/GuinessTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
His sister reacted the same way as he at first, until after a few moments to when sense kicked back into her. Guiness, however did not back down, his teeth were bared and his eyes blazing with a strange ferocity. It was not until he was called back did, he snap back. A small, annoyed growl escaped his throat as he retreated behind his sister, taking a seat close to her and close enough for him to keep an eye on the male in front of them. He lifted his nose promptly and inhaled briefly. . .he smelt like Narimé. He cocked his eye brow and nudged Tempest slightly, wandering if she scented it too.

He listened to what the other male had to say, his muscles in his shoulder finally relaxing. He was no threat. . .at the moment. His mind didn’t wander as he listening closely to what the two wolves in front of him were going to say. His thick tail wagged behind him in an easy manner, his ears pricked, waiting for words to be spoken. Mainly by his sister. . .who, was quite the opposite of him. . .definitely the talker in the family, along with Sloane, of course.
Pillar of Strength
Tempest Thorben
She had to hold in a chuckle at her brother's grumpy retreat. He looked to her to lead them, but he felt a huge responsibility for her and he also knew of her near terror of being near a strange male alone. A terror that had come about from an amorous attack. An attack that had led her to kill that one that had tried to hurt her. But she was not alone. She had her Rock with her and her confidence was quite high and thus her manner easy.

Shade's confidence and pride in his pack came through loud and clear and a slight pang of longing awoke in the fae. As much as she wanted to find Sloane and reunite their family, she also wished to have a home again. She wanted it as much as she knew that Guiness needed it. Pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind for the moment and addressed Shade. "Your pack is near here then? We met another that smells of the same pack. A young woman named Narime'. She was very polite and seemed to know our brother, Sloane Thorben, whom we search for. Do you know anything of him?" She spoke in gentle tones, yet her words were clear and easy to hear.
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2012, 06:27 PM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shade nodded, he heard a growl from the males throat, but just figured he was a bit wary. He heard Narime's name. It was sweet. "Yes, Narime is my packmate. Fine young girl I'd say. Also, while I've never met Slaone, my sister use to be in a pack with him. Says he was hard on trusting newcomers, but a fine man." He replied, that was all he knew of Sloane Thorben. It seemed Narime knew him too. How interesting. It made him wonder how much Narime travels. He is always guarding the borders, so he hasn't time. He also figured it would be better to do some hunting for the pack. Winter was fast approaching, so food would be a bit scarce. He needed to do his part.

Shade smiled at the two wolves. Brother and sister. Maybe they'd be a good addition to the pack. "I extend an offer to arrive at my pack's borders and I will try my best to get you two into my pack. you seem like fine wolves and we need fine wolves more then ever." He said, his voice silky smooth. His eyes emotionless, as a Guardian they had to be. the slightest emotion could be used as weakness.

Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
If this meeting would have been different be probably would have been sitting o his haunches quietly observing. But due to the darkness surrounding them in the night along with the fact that he had surprised the pair. His golden amber eyes watched silently while his sister and Shadow conversed. It seemed as though his brother carried quite the reputation that he never really thought that he would ever think of his brother having. Last he had seen his brother he had murdered someone, it would not make sense for himself to freely open himself up to other wolves. Then again. . .Guiness and Sloane weren’t anything alike, yet they were quite close.

The offer that was given up brought a pull of longing to Guiness’s gut and soul. He needed a pack and he already knew one of the members. . .and was in the process of meeting another one. His massive build, made him tower over his sister, though they were close to the same size, and as he stared at the male in front of him, his lips relaxed and he simply took his spot next to his sister. . .observing in silence. Wondering what her answer would be to his offer. Deep within him, he hoped that she would agree.
Pillar of Strength
Tempest Thorben
Tempest was pleased to hear more of Sloane, indirect as it may be. It was just more proof that she had been right to lead them here and the Thorbens were certain to be reunited soon. Narime' had met Sloane, but had no more idea of his current location than they did, although it was obvious that she wished to. Perhaps Shade's sister was a better lead. "Your sister was in a pack with him? May I ask which one? Or at least which direction..." Her voice was hopeful. This might be the first really good lead on finding Sloane.

He had also extended invitations for them to perhaps join his pack. His and Narime's. She could easily see them becoming good friends. The idea was definitely appealing and she could sense the longing from her brother, but she knew that she had to find Sloane first. Perhaps now, it wouldn't take too much longer. She gave him a friendly smile and responded to his kind offer. "Thank you for the invitation, Shade. Perhaps we shall do just that one day soon. Right now, finding Sloane must come first, but who knows what the future will bring?"
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2012, 06:28 PM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm