(See All?) Announcements
456 Users Online
Bing, Google

My life starts here. — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sky who has 5 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Numeric Krowe
<blockquote><span class='word'>300</span> Words. | First post ever on this site and also, joining WR! Yay!
(I want a bit of time interacting with Shade before a leader steps in- is why it's marked private.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♠

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>He had traveled an amazing distance since leaving his birth place. So lost in the Northern Lands he'd become, unable to turn back anymore. He padded through soft brush, crisp sounds of leaves and grass meeting his every step. This place was, admittedly, beautiful. A boy could really come to like it here, with such crawling plant life and sweet, juicy scents of prey.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>And wolves. He stopped, nose to the ground in his exploration. He followed slowly the trail he'd found, a scent marker. Wolves. Pack Wolves. He'd found a pack! But were they friendly here? Would a rogue boy be welcomed? Only one way to find out, really. But, Meric hesitated. He paced the border, following the scent markers back and forth for a while, debating. If they weren't friendly, he'd be chased off and this beautiful place would become a distant memory. However, if they were willing to hear him out, it could well be home.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Home. He stopped and looked deeper into the fae forest on the other side of the scent wall. This place could be perfect. The autumn colors created something of a fantasy world to him, who'd grown up knowing barely any winter at all in the Southern Lands. Maybe he could fit in here and make a life for himself. He'd enjoy it, or so he figured. And he was willing to work for his dinner, after all. That was a plus.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>So without any more hesitation, he tossed his head back in a howl, beckoning audience with someone of the pack's members. As his howl faded into the evening sky, he settled down, fur fluffing out against the crisp breeze. Chilly, but still not nearly as bad as it was going to get- he just didn't know that yet.</font></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2012, 04:57 AM by Numeric.)
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade was patrolling the borders more often since his visit with Nina. He needed to stand up to Kano, he was convinced Kano was out to take his place as second, and as a Guardian of the borders. The faintest scent matriculated into his nose as the scent of a loner. Instantly his tail shot up in a stiffened dominance, his ears perked up tall and he approached the male. Too close to the borders, too close for Shade's liking. <b>"Hello there, your a bit close to the Willow Ridge borders. Are you aware? If so, what be your business?"</b> He asked, there for no kindness in his voice in case Elettra was watching, but his eyes looked to the male with kindness. Shade had looked the same way when he arrived. Shade was always willing to hear out the words of a loner who seemed so interested in the scent markers.

As he awaited a response. He remembered back to a few of Nina's words. He'd gone to visit his sister, and yet instead Nina had found him, telling him Shadowstorm deserted, no surprise there, she had told him about Follko's offer. She would have been stupid not to take it up. But also, the news that he had originally never wanted to live past that day reached her and she reached out to him, inspired him to keep living, sure his mate, soon to be ex, was a lying, dirty, skanky ho. At least that was how it was as far as he was concerned. But the fact that he had a pack to protect. He'd recently been told his suspicions that Elettra and Koda were not true by Nina after confessing about Ari. How he really did feel bad for mauling her. But he had changed, he was a completely different person now. He was free, mature. He could live.
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Inactive No Rank
Numeric Krowe
<blockquote><span class='word'>201</span> Words. | Short! x: Apologies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♠

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>A dark coated male greeted him, warning him of the borders and asking him his reason for being there. The lone boy backed up a reasonable distance from the border in a polite show of no trouble and waved his tail against his heels. <b>"I noticed the borders and go curious. Yours is the first pack I've found this far North."</b> His wandering route hadn't been very calculated- he'd somehow managed to avoid any others before arriving here, though he was certain there were more in the area. The border markings were thick and constant, as if to make sure the line was clear enough not to cross by mistake.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"My name's Numeric Krowe. You can call me Meric if you want to, though."</b> He tilted his head slightly, ears perking. <b>"What pack is this? What's it like?"</b> He wanted to know more about it before he made any split decisions. He certainly didn't want to join the wrong pack because of a whimsical choice. Study, learn, research and then join- that was the way to go. It was the smart way to go, at the very least.</font></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
(No problem)

<i>"I noticed the borders and go curious. Yours is the first pack I've found this far North. My name's Numeric Krowe. You can call me Meric if you want to, though. What pack is this? What's it like?"</i> Interesting. <b>"Well Meric, I'm not really at liberty to tell you that unless your looking to join. But I can tell you we are a strong, close knit family with values. Even if we're not truly related. We are, and always will be a family."</b> The words stung a bit in his mouth. His soon to be ex is still family. It made him just feel all the pain at once.

No, remember what Nina said. Live. She even said she wouldn't tell Koda and Elettra of Ari. this is good. They wouldn't know that when he was younger he mauled a pup. Also, he had been doing his job, here to stop yet another loner from straying across the borders. So he would be fine if Rose stayed. Though he preferred that she go. To make things easier and less awkward on the pack. But he had to focus, looking at Meric, he wouldn't be bad for the pack. Not the largest wolf in the pack, but most likely faster it appeared. <b>"If you want to join, I can call for my alpha, Lady Elettra."</b> He offered.
Inactive No Rank
Numeric Krowe
<blockquote><span class='word'>235</span> Words. | x3

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Though the idea of joining a pack with so little known about it scared the boy, the male's offer was hard to refuse. A close knit family sounded promising. The way he put it, it seemed legit. The boy had to think it over, though. As he usually did when thinking, he stood to pace, walking back and forth for a moment as he considered it, like a caged dog would. After a glance towards the darker pelted wolf, he decided. But he'd be sure to make sure he knew what it was he was getting into before joining for real, of course.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"I would love it if you could call her. At the very least, I would like to meet your Lady Elettra."</b> He all but purred, sitting down with light paws and a steady tail. <b>"I'd like to know what I'm dealing with before deciding, if that's okay."</b> A cocked head and narrowed eyes showed his smile, a bit awkward like a dog's but otherwise that general wolfish grin.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Lady Elettra. That sounded fancy. Fancier than expected and certainly a name befitting a lead female. Well, at least now he knew the alpha lady's name. This guy still hadn't said his. <b>"By the way, I never caught your name?"</b> He lowered his head curiously, hoping his question wasn't intusive.</font></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
<i>"I would love it if you could call her. At the very least, I would like to meet your Lady Elettra. I'd like to know what I'm dealing with before deciding, if that's okay. By the way, I never caught your name?"</i> He nodded. <b>"I have to respect a man who investigates before deciding. I am Shade, Shade Slayer. Third male of Willow Ridge."</b> he said proudly, before letting a howl out for the request of Lady Elettra at the borders. It was pack business now. <b>"A small warning, Lady Elettra will want you to act like she is your alpha before you officially join, alphas like that kind of stuff."</b> He said just after he let the howl loosen to stop.

His eyes craned around, waiting for her, he'd be ready when she got there. He glanced back at Meric, he had to make sure that he wasn't across the border when she got there or she'd have a fit. He moved to the side so he was to the right of Meric, but facing the left side. So he was no more then half a head turn from seeing where Meric's paws lied. Of course Elettra when she arrived would be the one to question him. She she'd stand directly in front of him. Herself would most likely be a steel wall as usual. It was her and Remy that controlled the pack really, No one else would dare try to stand up to them. He debated challenging Reed a few times. He decided to wait though. After that, he might challenge Koda, but only if rose decided to break her heart for another male. His eyes were emotionless now. His ears perked up for listening for signs of the alpha. His nose prowling around the scents of the Willows. the scents of his home.
Inactive No Rank
Numeric Krowe
<blockquote><span class='word'>212</span> Words. | Open for anyone, now!

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>The male introduced himself as Shade Slayer, Third Male of Willow Ridge. Appropriate name for the darker male. The boy waved his tail at the irony of it, that wolfish grin remaining. <b>"I like to look before I leap."</b> He chimed in, but silented as the howl and then warning was issued. He nodded soberly. <b>"Understood."</b> There was little more to say after that, as the pair fell into a gentle silence. Brooding at best. He didn't move from his spot, eyes down at the dirt as he marked little designs with his claws, idly doing something other than mindlessly sitting around, waiting.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"...is it always this cold in this place?"</b> He ventured cautiously, not seeking an answer but just trying to fill the silence. His eyes lifted to the skies, watching leaves dance freely in the autumn winds. <b>"Where I come from, the land doesn't change so drastically. Is it normal?"</b> He looked over to Shade, ears perking in that curious, young stare of his. He hoped it wasn't a troublesome question and that Shade would understand his need for conversation- he hadn't spoken to another wolf in many months, now. Not really, anyway.</font></blockquote>
Played by Abbie who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
<blockquote><span style='font-family:georgia'> Gabrielle Rosealia Slayer ♥ Willow Ridge Huntress ♥ <b>267</b> words ♥ </span>

-» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »--» »-

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Words</font> filled the air ahead. The fair maiden Rosealia had been troublesomely "looking for prey", but instead, she was simply looking for someone to talk to or something to do. Lately, her fatigue had been slowly increasing by each day. She was loosing more and more sleep to a nerve-racking feeling in the pit of her aching stomach. Her eyes glistened in the brisk early-morning, pre-afternoon air. The willows were quite beautiful, and if she didn't know better, Rose would say it looked warm outside. The sun shone at at angle, spreading shadows across the willow trees. Her paw steps seemed to echo into the trees. Her thin, pointed ears raised into the air and her small brown hued body padded forward. She huddled into herself, and she relied on her thin, tan, coffee-colored pelt to keep her warm. It was doing no good.
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>A</font> stranger was at the borders. They had been getting a lot of people in the pack, she feared, and soon enough, there would be too many mouths to feed for a measly three or four hunters. Her pelt prickled with the unease of any of her packmates running out of food. Her nose tingled with the sensitive scent of Shade. Her heart fluttered anxiously. This was going to be awkward. When she finally reached the border, she slowly padded up and wasted no time to introduce herself. <span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"Rosealia..uh...Slayer."</b></span> There was hesitation in her accented tone as her eyes averted from Shade's and she made sure to keep her gaze on the new wolf. <span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"And...um...what would your name be?"</b></span> She inquired, and she seemed quite distant from the two other wolves beside her.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2012, 01:41 AM by Rosealia.)
user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The howl was familiar to her, having been called by the very voice numerous times before. It was Shade yet again, at the boarders of their home where he was surely doing the duty in which he had devoted himself to. She persues, happy with the scene as she comes upon it, Shade yet again proving his worth by meeting another stranger at the boarders. Her attention firstly shifts between Rosealia and Shade. "Shade, Gabrielle." She speaks to them in greeting, the mated pair that perhaps, were not as 'lovely-dovey' as they had first been in their relationship. Perhaps after all, reality had yet in that love at first sight was a fool's errand - a child's dream. Elettra had her own share of mistakes in that department and knew now that love came later. Far after trust, loyalty, sacrifice and lust had endured.
Then, alas, her attention moves to the rogue. "Elettra Archer." She offers formally, sure this would be enough for him knowing that Shade was likely to have mentioned something of her before she had been summoned to the attention of this young man. He was younger then her, half her age at that. An average colored man or average proportions. And so, she looks to him quite neutrally, as perhaps a visitor or to be a new member of the pack (perhaps even just to settle for the winter as it was assumed Phineas to be doing), the slightest of smirks tugging at her lips. Though she had not seen much of ether or her seconds, or her partnering leader, it would seem she was fairing well on her own in leadership. Kiche had not acted up as of yet, content for the time to keep his word. Elettra was thankful for those members she did have that were active - Shade, Gabrielle, Narime and Skana.. as well as the new members whom yet to prove themselves but plenty of potential to do so.
Inactive No Rank
Numeric Krowe
<blockquote><span class='word'>255</span> Words. | YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH not waiting for Shade to post. x: I'm impatient. But hey, feel free to do the same to me, man. xD

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Whatever answer Shade might've had for him was lost when not one, but two females appeared before him. The first introducing herself with the same surname as Shade. This couldn't have been a sibling, their scents too different. His mate, perhaps? She was a lovely thing with pretty features. If she was Shade's mate, he was lucky to have her. Meric lowered his head and wagged that tail in greeting. He reserved names for now, letting the second lady catch up with her own introductions. So this was Elettra.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>The alpha lady was beautiful, with silver eyes that he instantly adored. The boy gave her a more formal stance, his posture shrinking to show submissive greeting but that happy look remaining. Ever the optimist. <b>"An honor to meet you, Lady Elettra. And you too, Rosealia."</b> He grinned at them both in that doggish way of his, tail still wagging behind him. <b>"My name's Numeric. Your's is the first pack I've come across in my time here and I must say, I'm curious to know more about it. I've been on my own for too long. Perhapes your pack could be the right place for me, but I won't jump in blind."</b></font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Never. He would always, ALWAYS, look before leaping. This was his <span class='word'>crasis</span>, his nature, even. <b>"I had hoped you, the lady Alpha, would be kind enough to tell me more about your family?"</b> Hopeful gaze fell on the alpha lady herself, now, the others losing his attention but not forgotten at all.</font></blockquote>