(See All?) Announcements
515 Users Online
Google, Lillia, Bing

burning another page — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 50 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sica Nithron
<blockquote>It was strange amongst scents of many he did not know, but who were to be his family,friends, his pack mates. He was a bit eager to meet them, but not enough to let it slip outside his facade. There would be time, he reminded himself. It wasn't in him to play twenty questions with, he paused letting his nostrils twitch to try to decipher the number of Willow Ridge. Ten other wolves? This might take him awhile. It was never in him to directly question any way, and he let a sigh fumble from his lips. Where to begin? He had thought of Narime, letting her know he wasn't upset with her. In fact it had sorta been a relief to tell them, though he had still skittered around certain details. In the mean time his golden eyes soaked in the details where the group gathered more frequently. It was a beautiful place, tucked away from the rest of the world.

Meandering around, he indirectly peered at the sun, before seeking shade near a tall boulder. Here he would rest, think, and wait. Surely some one would pass by, and if not he could scout further...find something to eat. He did not want to feed himself off anything he did not catch. Folding one limb, stretching out the other he rested his chin on the muscle above the bone. Eyes scanned the trees, some leaves still hanging on while others had long fallen. The first time in awhile he felt at peace, but wondered how long it would last.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Abbie who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>Yes,</font> the <span class='word'>versicolor</span> of the land was a wonderful thing to embrace-when she was content with her life. But now, every color in her mind was nothing. It was dimmed down to grays and saddened blacks as one side of her life melted before her eyes, and the other side brimmed with a new beginning. Her maw was supporting a new catch; an unlucky squirrel that she had snatched up while hunting for rabbits in the melancholy willows. Her paws moved briskly, and her eyes gently swept the area. She was nearing the cave where she and her packmates slept. She would soon add this creature to the cache for hungry wolves who weren't too good in the category of hunting. It was her job, anyways.
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>It</font> wasn't long before she caught a nice glimpse of a multi-furred male. She figured he was a new wolf. Her tail swished behind her, squirrel still in her jaws, as she made her way towards him. She dipped her toffee colored head and set her fat prey to the side. She stretched out and yawned, politely waving her tail. She ducked her head out of the blinding sunlight to look at him. He had a ragged appearance, but he was lean and bigger than her small posture. Scars were visible, here and there, on his oddly colored fur. Golden eyes shone against his darkly colored pelt. Whatever he has gone through in his past seems to have been hard.
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>As soon as she ducked her head, a smile was traceable on her pretty little features. Her own amber orbs searched him as they glinted in the sunlight. <span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"Hello there. I see you're new to Willow Ridge. I'm Rosealia Slayer."</b></span> Her tail sprawled out behind her, twisting on the end and flicking patiently. He seemed lost. <span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"Are you hungry?"</b></span></font>

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2012, 05:08 PM by Rosealia.)
user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Played by becuffin who has 195 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote> It was one of those very rare days, when the golden male had decided getting to know his new family should for once, take precedence over his relentless patrolling of the borders. How quickly the gentle swish of the willow branches had worked its way into his blood, the rich scent of the earth imprinted on his soul. He would protect his pack with his very life if it came to it, but he would prefer to know exactly <i>who</i> it was he was protecting.

Kanosak took his time wandering back from the borders, his sore leg only pulling slightly after the vigorous work out he had pushed himself through day after day since his acceptance. There was not a scrap of fat on his bones, and while he was still rangy, the weight was slowly working it’s way back on in the form of well toned muscles.

The tattered wolf approached the den just in time to catch the girl’s introduction to the silver and tawny male seated so comfortably on the ground. His tattered ears flicked in their direction as he altered his course to approach, tail dipped loose between his legs, neither asserting dominance nor showing submission. If he was going to get to know every wolf in such a large pack, he may as well kill two birds with one stone, so to speak...

<b>“Kanosak...”</b> he added his introduction with a nod to each, torn lip curling in what was meant to be a smile but could just as easily have been a snarl, exposed teeth adding a somewhat sinister twist to his expression. </blockquote>
user posted image
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
So booorred... Was the only thought creeping through the silver youths mind. She dragged herself out of the den pushing and scraping out loose dirt that she'd excavated from the once flooded den. The pack had all been helping out with cleaning so luckily for the yearling she wouldn't have to do too much to finish her crumbly corner of the den. Narimé had started cleaning out the corner while Nina was still there as a guest, but the girl never finished since she didn't want to bother the injured healer any more than she already had. Of course shehad also learned of something from Nina while she was high on herbs. The odd piece of information was fulgurant through her mind after weeks of trying to keep herself busy. I have to ask Elettra soon.. That was easier said than done. Elettra was always busy, and when the alpha wasn't busy it seemed like Nari would always find herself doing something important.

While pushing out the dirt from the mouth of the den Narimé's nose twitched. She scented others near the den. All three scents had Willow Ridge pack scent mixed with their own aromas. Pausing the yearling looked up and spotted three of her packmates. Spotting Rosealia the silvery wolf barked a hello and wagged her tail as she looked the other two wolves over.

The wolfs tail ceased wagging. She didn't know that Sica was here. When did he... join? guilt clawed its way into her heart. She had felt bad after the way they had parted. It was true that she was still wary of his silver tongue, but the young woman knew that she couldn't judge him just based on that. Just him being here meant that Elettra had approved of him.

Quickly she stopped staring and turned her head to Kanosak. The silvery she wolf padded forward towards the group then stopped and dipped her head in greeting to all three.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Hello Rosealia. So these guys are new?" She smiled trying to joke a little then glanced first to Kanosak wondering what both the males position were. She didn't know who was higher in the pack which meant that she didn't know who to exactly greet first.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Hello. My name is Narimé Lagina and welcome to Willow Ridge." she smiled warmly first to the wolf whom she didn't know then to Sica. Though after a second of looking into his eyes she looked down ashamed of herself.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Sorry about before...umm.."She didn't finish. She didn't know how to finish. All she could say was sorry and hope that he didn't hate her.
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2012, 12:43 AM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Sica Nithron
<blockquote>Quiet as he remained the seconds began, adding into a length seeming long by his lack of company. He did start to become restless inside, feeling laying by a stone was a waste to himself, and the pack. He pulled himself out of that, knowing this was an important task, and he could play the waiting game. Tracking every Willow Ridge wolf down, and saying hi have you met me was not a stragety. They would surely come to him. One by one it happened.

A small female with tucked muscles, ticking black fur along lines of brown, with what almost seemed red tints, a top points os cream, and white. The edge of his dark nose he would tell she was older than him. By looks he would not have guessed. What really caught his interest was the look to her eyes, and the catch that was in her jaws. He would offer her a polite stare of sorts, giving her attention, but no smile yet. He did though let his tail beat the ground, seeing her own friendly wag. <i>This would be interesting.</i>

The hit of sun her eyes seemed brighter, and matched her upbeat voice that greeted him. <b>"Pleased to meet you Rosealia, I'm Sica,"</b> he offered with a thin smile because he had not expected her question. <b>"A little, but it's been keeping me company for awhile."</b>

Another wandering soul would join them, and he looked worse for wear than Sica himself. Which wasn't exactly saying a lot, right now the patched silver male was not thin the golden male, nor in such an injured state. The wounds were old, but looked brutal, a fight, and something else had occured. Sica would not look at him any different than the female as he introduced himself. He placed the name to memory, having a strong sense this wolf was as loyal as they came. By the looks of his lips it was motion to smile, but the man would always be showing his teeth. It horrified Sica, and intrigued him. He only respectuflly tipped his nose in his direction, after speaking to Rosealia.

Sica would hold a question to his tongue for both Ridge wolves when a familiar female would amble in. The young female carried her suprise to her silver mask, seeing him here of all things. He only warmly smiled, letting her take her time to process it all. The youth came him information the other wolf present was new too. This only made Sica more intersted in learning about him, but it was just a mental note that would hang somewhere in his mind. Golden eyes softly rested on the huntress, wishing he could ease what she felt.

<b>"Narimé, do not be sorry. If anything I am grateful you asked, or I doubt I would be here."</b> This his smile broadened, and than he turned to the more brightly colored wolf. <b>"Say, there are other males here, right?"</b> He asked, a hint of humor to his deep tone.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
<blockquote><span style='font-family:lucida sans'>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Rosealia</font> watched the younger male with innocent curiosity. His tail beat the ground slowly, yet he seemed oddly out-of-place and sleepy to her. He provided a thin smile but his introduction was polite enough to please the British little wolf.</span><span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"Ditto,"</b></span><span style='font-family:lucida sans'> She replied softly, breaking her tail flicking habit by wrapping her tail under her paws. She had no time to respond when a frightening figure padded into sight. Her heart skipped about six beats and she tried not to show her fear, but she was so small and he was so...
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Rose</font> coughed to let some of her unsustainable expressions out and dipped her head to the honey, golden, maple brown sugar colored male. His pelt was ruined with scars, and his ears reminded Rose of her mauled father. He was underweight, and a brutal scar ran down his eye, making him look pretty much blind. Not to mention, he was missing part of his mouth. When he...made facial expressions, it seemed like he was about to pounce on her.</span>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"It's nice to meet you, Kanosak. I'm Rosealia."</b></span> <span style='font-family:lucida sans'>The petite huntress introduced herself kindly, like there was nothing wrong with him. She flicked an ear while birds tweeted in the background. She wagged her tail and watched Narime trot over, bursting with energy-as always. </span><span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"Hey Narime! How's your hunting been? Yeah, they are, but I wouldn't put it past them. After all, without them, we would still be the princesses of the Willows. "</b></span><span style='font-family:lucida sans'> The little wolf smirked, glancing at Narime as Sica spoke.
</font><font style='margin-left:20px;'><i>"Narimé, do not be sorry. If anything I am grateful you asked, or I doubt I would be here."</i></font> His words confused her, making her tilt her head and give the silver yearling a questioning frown before smiling freshly at Sica's humor. She laughed softly. Rose didn't respond, since he was talking to Kanosak, but she found it quite funny anyways.</span>
</blockquote>
user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!
Played by becuffin who has 195 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote> It would seem as though the gathering was fast becoming a tea party and he had to take a moment to assess whether he was the march hare or the mad hatter...

Although he did not know of the other males past, he knew his own too well.

The hatter for sure.

The youngest seemed to know the dark cloaked man, still comfortably seated on his stomach and the grizzled wolf quickly decided that he didn’t like standing while others were more comfortable and quickly settled his rump to the ground with a gentle thud.

Introductions were quickly made, and the next question bought a smile to his face, the torn side now angled away from his current company to spare them the confusion of deciphering whether his expression was malicious or not. <b>“More and more every day it would seem...”</b> he answered truthfully, for although he had only met Shade so far, he had scented others... one with a hint of familiarity, but he was still struggling to place it.

It seemed all the gathered were happy to ignore his tattered appearance, for which he was more than grateful. He wasn’t yet ready to share the story of his fall, and while it was a sad story, he refused to wallow in depression while ever he had a purpose. While ever he had pack, he had something to focus on and he was more than willing to relish simply <i>being</i>. It was amazing how almost dying had changed his perspective so much.

<b>“Plans, anyone?”</b> he questioned vaguely. He didn’t want to slide to his stomach only to be hauled to his feet moments later at the suggestion of another so he would play it safe for now and remain ‘neither up nor down.’</blockquote>

And now I have 'The Grand ol' Duke of York' stuck in my head...
user posted image
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
When Sica answered Narimé she felt some of her tension around him slip away. He is not angry with me... She echoed through her thoughts then dipped her head thankful to the dapple coated male. He turned to Kanosak? Yes that was what Rosealia had called him. Nari tried hard to ingore Kano's scarred face. She had run into a few other wolves with scars as bad as this males. So the young she wolf had leanred quickly to not stare because it was quite offensive to those who were scarred. Nari just hoped that she would never get a scar like that someday.

The youth listened to the small talk between each of the wolves and smiled when Rose smiled mischieviously after commenting on all the new males that were joining. Then she asked about the girls favorite topic, hunting.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"I missed a good sized ground hog the other day, but other than that I caught a fish yesterday! It was my first time trying too! I was watching Reed do it a few weeks ago trying to figure out how he was catching so many. It took me a good ten tries before I caught the thing. I never realized how slimy they are when they're taken just out of the water." She rambled a bit but only because she was proud of what she'd done. Her father Sibo had taught her how to catch land critters but not the swimming or flying kind. So whenever she caught a turkey or a fish she would get really excited.

Turning her head around to the others she caught the tag end of Kanosaks few words.<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Plans? Well I was cleaning out the last bits of dried mud from the den, but.. I guess I haven't gone out hunting yet. What about you guys? " She asked her pack mates what they were doing. If any of them suggested hunting she would gladly drop her cleaning assignment to hunt with the others. Or maybe they might help her finish the den. With everyone helping at once they could get the whole thing done in a few hours tops. Though I hate cleaning.. She thought silently growling at the idea of scraping further into the muddy earth behind her.
(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2012, 03:41 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Sica Nithron
just nudge my slowness D:

<blockquote>Rosealia seemed the agreeable sort, the kind who tried to get along with everybody, a wolf he could be grateful to know. Sica would not be haste in his judgement. Elettra and Narimé were the only familiar, even then he did not know them. He did offer Rose a glance because of her cough, she only greeted the male with the same introduction. He was new too. Something that was good to know, he hated to be the odd one out.

Watching the ladies of the pack, he picked up theirs words, picking up good vibes and humor. It was to the tawny wolf his golden eyes drew upon, happy to hear his words. <b>"Can't say I don't like ladies, I just hoped I wasn't extremely outnumbered,"</b> he admitted with a twist of a grin.

The notion of plans, Sica had not much come to mind. He was doing what he planned right now, but was up for ideas. Narimé had a couple, he thought over, wanting to hunt for the sake of his stomach. The new den did need to be finished, and suitable. <b>"I would be up for either, depending on what Kanosak and Rosealia want to do."</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2012, 06:53 PM by Sica.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Rosealia Slayer
<blockquote><span style='font-family:lucida sans'>Rosealia listened to the other wolves and watched them all curiously as they spoke. She felt the sun's rays beating down out of a hole in the canopy of leaves, so she moved her head back some and scooted away, placing her rump on the ground a foot rightward behind her original spot. Kanosak seemed to be some kind of veteran to a pack, but maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Bad luck seemed to stick on her just as well, yet she somehow seemed to dodge the bad things by the air inside of her ear. Her ear flicked with the slightest curiosity, but she shrugged it off. Who cared? If Kano didn't want to share his story now, then no one would force him. The patchy, toffee she-wolf giggled at Sica's response to her words, thumping her tail on the ground which had been released from her paws when she moved.</span>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><span style='font-family:lucida sans'><i>"Can't say I don't like ladies, I just hoped I wasn't extremely outnumbered,"</span></i></font><span style='font-family:lucida sans'> the medium, tawny wolf sheepishly offered. </span><span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"We 'ladies' are good luck charms, FYI."</b></span><span style='font-family:lucida sans'> Rose offered playfully, being honest. She thought of herself as one, at least, but she couldn't possibly be her own good-luck charm. If she walked into a stampede, she would get hit by all 200 of them in 50 seconds. It was just her luck. Her thoughts briskly shifted over to Narime, who was going on a run on sentence about catching fish and Reed. She took the time to dissect her words and smiled. </span><span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"That's <i>really</i> good, Narime! I would never be able to catch a fish. I have no idea how Reed does it, all that water splashing around and those spazzoid fish jumping everywhere. I'd get absolutely befuddled!"</b></span><span style='font-family:lucida sans'> Rose explained, mind buzzing with even the image of herself drenched in water, splashing her paws everywhere and snapping at the air to get fish. The thought of water itself made her shiver like a leaf in a tornado. For a second, she actually took into account how slimy and gross a fish could be just out of water. The little wolf wanted to gag, but she didn't and kept that pretty poise.
<font style='margin-left:20px;'>She was saved</font> from her nasty thoughts about fish when Kano brought up plans. She wasn't very sure what she wanted to do, but clearing the den definitely wasn't an option. The pack still had plenty food from the hunt, but a little more would make them all the stronger. Thirteen wolves, meaning no option to whether or not they should hunt. Narime suggested hunting before she could,
<i>"Plans? Well I was cleaning out the last bits of dried mud from the den, but.. I guess I haven't gone out hunting yet. What about you guys?"</i> Rose shook her pelt and stifled a yawn, just heaving her chest while keeping it in. </span><span style='font-family:georgia'><b>"I don't know about you guys, but our pack needs food. Thirteen mouths to feed and only about four hunters around? Psshhh!"</b></span><span style='font-family:lucida sans'> If they wanted to support the pack, getting some food in the guardians' bellies' would be a wonderful treat. She was also starving, but she had completely forgotten about the plump squirrel she had brought to the conversation. She just decided to leave that pretty hunk of meat to whoever wanted it. The more the merrier!</span></blockquote>

user posted image

WILLOW RIDGE FOREVAH!