(See All?) Announcements
571 Users Online
Google, Bing

Brimstone — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 195 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote> Once he was well rested, his limp all but vanished, and the weight gradually piled back onto his bones. He was still lithe, and no more pretty to look at than before, but he was alive with purpose. His days were spent ever dutifully patrolling the borders, marking well as he went. The worst he had encountered as yet was a fox, which he quickly shooed from their home. They didn’t have cubs to protect, but the drive was there none the less.

He had quickly become acquainted with the area. Elettra had chosen well, but he never had a doubt in his mind that she would. An absent minded grin played on his face as he took a moment to appreciate where he was right now, and the chance that he had been granted. He breathed deeply, taking in the earthy scents and the clear presence of pack, along with the quiet sounds of birds busying themselves in the trees and the gently swish of the willow branches in the breeze.

One of the scents was stronger than the others. Fresher, and he knew it was well past time that he made his acquaintance with other members of the pack, if only to please his lady leader. They were family now and he would protect each and every one of them to his last breath. But he needed to know they were worth it well and truly before such a grave decision would need to be made. And so he lowered his nose to the ground and he sought out the strange male who’s scent was so close.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade had gone for a peaceful walk, debating on how to piss Elettra or Remy off enough for them to kill him. Maybe that new brute force to the pack that he heard about could fulfill the deed. Shade didn't even know his name. Then suddenly he saw among the other pack scents. following the scent to him. <b>"You must be the new wolf. I was never told your name, but I'm Shade. Any way you could help me with something?"</b> He said. He was sure the guy would expect it to be beneficial to the pack. but he never knew what others would be thinking anymore.

She looked into his eyes. He didn't seem to be a softy. He could replace shade if the deed was done, no problem. Remy would approve at least, he was sure, she bases off of pure skill only. The best of the best to be in the elite squad that is the Guardians. He was no longer worthy. He'd gone soft. Ever since he met Rose he'd gone soft. Which is why he no longer deserved anything good. Not a sister, not a mate, not a pack, not a heart, not a soul. He didn't deserve his life. <b>"I don't deserve to live."</b> He whispered, unsure if Kano had heard him. Hoping he hadn't, he meant it as a thought, not as the words to come out of his mouth.
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote> Old habits died hard.

The golden wolf’s tail lifted as he approached the dark male, trying to judge exactly where this wolf sat within the ranks of Willow Ridge. The stranger seemed to hold himself low, it was a look the new guardian had seen often and he didn’t like it one bit. He would <i>not</i> submit to someone so close to handing themselves over to the never waking sleep.

Golden eyes observed closely for the slightest sign of challenge in the dark male as he introduced himself. His torn lip twitched in what could have been a smile, but just as easily mistaken for a snarl as tattered ears flicked in acknowledgment. Before giving the golden wolf a chance to respond the dark male went on. So he was a talker... A non-committal grunt was all the answer Kanosak gave before introducing himself as well.

<b>“Kanosak...”</b> he responded, very much to the point. He had a job to do, and the directions of Elettra would take precedence over this <i>boy.</i> For although they were close in age, the other was not holding himself as a man should, and unless he demanded respect, it would not be given easily by the grizzled former second of Copper Rock Creek.

Although his ears were tattered, his hearing was as sharp as ever. An angry growl sounded in response to the other wolf’s words. He had been here before, and Willow Ridge would not be abandoned as Copper Rock Creek had. His hackles stood on end as he advanced, teeth on both sides exposed as his tail stood rigid over his back. His voice was a dangerous growl. <b> “You would weaken your pack for your own selfish desires?”</b> His question was harsh, but necessary in his own mind. Golden eyes glared daggers, the answer would determine whether this meeting went well for the pair, or ended in bloodshed.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
<i>“Kanosak... You would weaken your pack for your own selfish desires?”</i> Crap, he'd been heard. <b>"Pleasure, but you don't seem to understand. I'm not a strength to the pack, at least not recently. It's either something happens to me to whip me back into shape. Which I've been training for weeks and doesn't seem to happen, or I depart from the pack some how. Whether its death or not. I made an oath to strengthen the pack. I am keeping that oath."</b> His words piercing, true. He'd have to see Shadowstorm soon, it had been a while since he saw his sister. Kanosak would never understand what he was going through. His problems weakened the pack borders. It weakened the pack. The pack was so big it could not afford a missing link. What was it? The answer was simple.

The problem was is that he was becoming more secluded. Hiding, acting like a steel wall. This was not so bad, but now, every now and then he'd go off in weakness. some secluded spot with no wolves and cry. Just let out all his sorrows in life and weaken the borders by not protecting himself or the pack.
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote> The <span class='word'>recusant</span> male allowed the words to pass his ears, not a hint of his thoughts crossing his face. Not understand? How could he? He had loved and he had lost, perhaps he knew better than most. He had walked a dark road for a time... He had lost himself, and found himself again. Nobody had handed him <i>anything</i>, and he wasn’t about to hand anything over for free, least of all his respect or submission. Just because this wolf had been in the pack longer than he didn’t mean he was deserving.

His teeth clicked in frustration as he took another step forward, into Shades space, tail aimed high, pushing. How far could he push before the man before him would snap?

Or would he fold?

If he wanted to depart, Kanosak would more than happily turf him out... At Elettra’s word and not before. <b>“Loyalty.”</b> The word was a grated whisper as the golden patchwork wolf came face to face, golden eyes meeting chocolate brown, <i>seeking</i> a challenge now. He needed to be <i>whipped</i> back into shape? His scarred hide stood on end, exposed teeth flashing in the dappled light. He was a fearsome sight, the stuff of nightmares. His parents had told him ghost stories about wolves that resembled him now, threatened that if he wandered from the den at night that they would be stolen away by wolves that looked like him.

Perhaps it was stealing young in the night that got them looking that way to start with...

<b>“It is not up to me if you leave. But you should know that if you go without our lady’s permission... and you show your face here again...”</b> His eyes flashed dangerously as he allowed his words to sink in. <b>“I will tear it right off your skull before you have a chance to beg her forgiveness.”</b> he warned quietly. Waiting to see how the other male would react. He didn’t mind if they couldn’t sort this out with words. It had been a while. He was itching for fight.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
“Loyalty. It is not up to me if you leave. But you should know that if you go without our lady’s permission... and you show your face here again...” His eyes flashed dangerously as he allowed his words to sink in. “I will tear it right off your skull before you have a chance to beg her forgiveness.” This pissed Shade off. Loyalty. Shade had only shown loyalty to Elettra since he'd gotten here. He wasn't going to leave without her permission. He'd never do that, he just needed some time off alone. To wander, to wonder, to believe that there was more to life then this. There was a fear in thim, that he wasn't showing, this could be the end of him, and everything he knew. "You would dare believe that after all the service I have given to the pack, the loyalty I've shown. That I would be disloyal LEAVE the pack WITHOUT Lady Elettra's permission? I would never think of doing such a thing. I've sworn an oath, I would give my life for the pack, and I'll prove it too. For I am one of the more original members. I know the others thoughts, we work like a true pack. But you... I don't see you ever working right with them. The fluid motions. You really need to understand your pack members, which you obviously don't." He challenged back.

But shade had spoken his mind, he had no 'filter' for his mind to divide what he should day and shouldn't say. It reminded him a lot of Shadowstorm. The words spoken, Nina hating him for no reason. He knew that Kano was different. He'd find some kind of flak on him at some point no doubt. This crap, about loyalty, he didn't know what loyalty was if he challenged the loyalty of a loyal pack member. A member like Shade. He was always loyal.

(This post was last modified: Oct 27, 2012, 04:00 AM by Shade.)
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
OK, I'm really struggling with this (and Kano in general) so I'm just going to wrap it up for now. It's enough to establish that there is a fair bit of tension between the two.

<blockquote>He snorted in response to the dark wolfs outburst. One minute he was talking about wanting Kanosak to kill him, then whinging about the <i>pressure</i> and removing himself from their presence, as if Kanosak had no idea of what pressure was involved. Then suddenly he had a change of heart for having the brutal truth pointed out to him and was outright attacking the one to point it out to him. Perhaps the boy was bi-polar, or just downright mental. Either way, the grizzled wolf had neither the time, nor the patience to deal with this bitch's mood swings. He turned then and vanished back into the trees. Intent on protecting their pack from any outside threats. It wasn't his job to deal with problems on the inside.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 30, 2012, 06:57 AM by Kanosak.)
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
(I will archive this and my post is short too)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
(244 WORDS)

Shade growled a bit as Kano stomped off. He let his tail curl up, he was a higher ranking and he was disrespected. He wanted nothing more then to have Kano show respect. He remembered his visit to Nina. It made his wonder if she was right. But there were secrets in this life that he couldn't hide. Hold me when I'm here, love me when I'm gone, hold me when I'm scared, love me when I'm gone. He thought to himself as Rosealia came to mind. "Never question my loyalty again." He growled out to the forest as he went to do a border run.

His eyes narrowed as he let the wind blow his fur around. Nothing could push him down. He knew soon the time would come for him to challenge Reed. He'd be ready for it. He was going to made the best of the challenge. He knew Koda was a great leader and he would never challenge him. But Reed was barely seen anymore. It made him wonder. He thought back to his speaking with Koda. He knew that Koda was right, that he needed to be mentally up for it. Will all the strife with Rose and him, he was not yet ready.

So he diverted his course to go and find her. When he settled this, he would go and fearlessly challenge Reed. The fisherman was no fighter. Shade figured he wouldn't be much of a fight.