(See All?) Announcements
693 Users Online
Google, Morven, Bing

A Thread In The Wind — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Right after the thread called "For The Lost Home" at Mountain of Dire. Bridget gave me the okay for starting this thread wihtout Tlarx being in it. Though she might jump in with him. Basically Tlarx brought Nari over from the mountain so she could speak with Chantille at the border. Anyone else from PP can join if they're curious.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
Though she was excited to be able to see Chantille, Narimé still felt a pang in her heart every time she looked at Tlarx. He reminded her way too much of her father. Not only did the Poison Path leader look like her own father Sibo, but he had the same caring personality too. While Tlarx led the young wolf to Poison Paths border Narimé followed quietly behind with her head held low not only in submission but in sadness.

As she approached the border Nari felt apprehension grip at her gut. There was something in her heart was telling her not to go any closer. Something wasn't right, but the young woman didn't know what it was that was making her feel so much dread. As she padded closer the feeling got worse. Like something really bad was going to happen.

Nari ignored the feelings. She knew that with the alphas permission she was allowed to be at the border, and she was also allowed to call for her friend. So the youth pushed away her dread and scanned the area for Poison Path wolves. She didn't see any on a patrol, but she knew they would be close by. Looking back where they had come the silvery girl hoped that Kamota would have joined them. However he seemed to have gone off on his own. Perhaps one day she would see him again.

Looking forward again Narimé lifted her head and let out a howl. She called for Chantille and hoped that the white woman would answer.<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"speech"
(This post was last modified: Oct 19, 2012, 08:00 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Bridget who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ChantilleTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:325px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
The woman was out picking herbs before the winter would arrive. She plucked happily at a late flowering plant, thanking it silently before doing so. With her chocolate eyes bright and happy, she lifted her head, beginning to bound along. Tail swayed gently behind her as she did so. Autumn was her favorite season- she wished it never ended, but like all things, it must. With a smile lazily resting upon her lips, she approached another plants, digging gently around it. The soft soil gave way easily, exposing the roots of the plant. With a gentle grip, Chantille pulled it upwards. Success.

Humming a soft tune to herself, she began to search around more for other herbs. Ears twitched and perked as a familiar voice conjured a howl through the air. Turning her head, she seemed in thought before the image of the wolf came to her mind- Narimé! Feeling her tail begin to wag, the woman bounded like a fox toward the howl. Her breathing was steady as she did so; her eyes were even more full of beatitude. Soon, the silvery figure came into view.

"Narimé!" She called through a mouth full of herbs- err, it came out more like "Nrrreemeh!" but no matter. She approached the wolf happily, placing her herbs down. Leaning forward, she gave a quick nuzzle to the wolf before reeling her head back slowly. That white wolf. Her father. Oh, why? It had been awhile since his death, and she thought it had left her mind...

(This post was last modified: Nov 01, 2012, 08:05 PM by Chantille.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
Narimé gave the white woman a small smile after she appeared out of the scraggly mountain undergrowth. She was not her usual boundy self that was for sure. Even with her good friend being there Nari couldn't shake the feeling of dread. Her blue eyes passed over Chants white coat reminding Nari of Tlarx and her father. Why were there so many white wolves around? All of them were giving Narimé a headache full of memories with her white coated father from when they were back in their old pack.

Trying to shake the face of Tlarx and her father from her head Narimé touched Chantille's nose in greeting. Then she nosed the herbs the healer was holding. Nari didn't know that Chantille was a healer.
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"What are those?" she asked in a low tone. Her voice didn't have it's bubbly clearness either. It was still choked up from crying in front of Chantille's alpha from before. Nari wondered if he would show or whether the male was watching her from the shadows. She hoped she wasn't intruding too much. Though it seemed to her that the white male had been fine about bringing her to the border.

Narimé waited for Chantille's answer while trying to groom her unkempt chest and face. Why am I being so stupid lately? Crying in front of an alpha who isn't my own, not cleaning myself up after crying when meeting a friend... I'm so stupid.. She cursed herself while continuing to clean her face first.

Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/ChantilleTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:325px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
The woman gazed at Narimé as she questioned her, than began to groom herself. There seemed to be an odd aura about her- she was upset. Oh, no, did she find out?? Chantille stopped breathing before she finally gathered her thoughts. "Oh, these?" she asked, nose now pointing to her gathered herbs. Of course those, stupid. Looking back up, her chocolate eyes grew merry once more as she smiled. "These are herbs! I'm stocking up for the winter." Perhaps she needed further explanation. Whether or not she wanted it, Chantille began to blab away. "I'm the healer of my pack. A lovely job, it is. I go through herbs and flowers like no tomorrow! If you ever need-" she cut herself off, feeling her face grow warm. Why did she talk so damn much?

Rolling her eyes at herself, Chantille chuckled nervously. "Oh, goodness. I'm sorry, dear Narimé. I don't want to talk your little ears off." Shaking her head at herself, the woman pawed at her herbs softly. She lowered her head, gently nipping at a thick-leaved herb. Leaning forward, she placed it at the paws of the silvery young woman. "Eat that. It'll soothe your nerves. You seem a bit off today."

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The wind blew gently bringing the scents of the clear mountain air to the girls nose. She nodded as Chantille spoke then pointed to the herbs again.

"I know they're herbs.. I just meant.. well, what types of herbs?"Nari thought briefly about other wolves she had met who knew about herbs. Elettra of course, then that Triell character, and... was there one other wolf she knew of?

Narimé shook her head deciding not to dwell on the thought. She looked back up and gave her friend a soft smile then licked her cheek. Chantille was always trying to cheer her up. Though she wasn't sure if the smelly plants would help her pent up nervousness about being there at Poison Paths doorstep.

Quickly Nari ate the herbs Chantille had given her then sat down looking over her shoulder once again for the white alpha. I guess he's not going to come then.. Just the fact that he let her come here meant that he had some level of compassion. The guy must think that she needed time alone with the snowy healer. Narimé put "give Poison Path a gift for thanks" on her little to do list in her mind.

"Yeah, I guess I have been feeling worse and worse lately. " She paused then closed her eyes and shook her head. "I feel like something really bad is going to happen, a..and even though I have been feeling like this for a few months; well, the feeling got worse as I got closer to the mountains.. " She stopped shaking her gray head and stared down at the ground. How long after I eat them will the herbs work? She thought quietly while starting to feel that old enemy called hopelessness drag at her heart.

"Have you gotten any whiff of da? " Nari glanced up with dull eyes trying to read Chantille's muzzle for any emotion. All she could see were her friends caring eyes gazing back at her.

Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
As soon as Chantille heard Nari ask about her father, the creamy woman's heart felt as if it had stopped beating. Her chest tightened- oh no. No. Her chocolate eyes lay upon the young silvery wolf, and she waited a moment. She just ate the herbs.... give her a few minutes and she should handle the news better than before. Agreeing with her inner thoughts, the healer seated herself slowly. "These herbs... well, most that I picked, help external wounds." Though she knew Nari did not want to continue the chatter about the plants, Chantille did so. She wanted the ones she had just ingested to begin working before she spilled the news about the passing of her father.

With a swish of her tail, she spoke up again "But a few are for mental ailments, like the ones you ate!" Smling ever so gently, her ears flattened before she began to babble "Oh, my, I'm going to certainly have to get more of those... I believe those were the only I picked.." Enough time has passed. Shaking her head, Chantille felt the sorrow wash over her once more, refreshing the horrible feelings she had moments ago.

"Nari, there is something I must tell you..." Pausing, the female felt her head begin to grow clouded. She didn't want to say it, but she had to. It would put the silver wolf's mind to rest, so she wouldn't wander about searching for the wolf that was her father. "I..... I..... saw your father..." Her voice was about to get shaky, but she held in there. "He was in horrific condition. He arrived upon the mountain, frail and passing. I tried my best to save him, I did..... but he..." Feeling tears well up within her dark eyes, Chantille jerked her head downward, gazing at the rocks below her feet...

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Dat face..

Dat face you get when you know someone's trying to get around talking about a certain topic.

Narimé's ears cocked as her friend ignored her question and continued talking about plants. Or maybe she was just answering the girls first comment about what each plant does. Whatever the reason, as the white wolf continued to speak Nari got the suspicion that Chantille was trying to avoid something.

The minutes passed and a numb feeling spread through the young wolfs body and heart. She didn't feel anxious at least, but the feeling felt wrong. Like she was supposed to be much more nervous or jumpy then she shouldn have felt right then.

Appearantly this was the healers intent.

Narimé listened aa Chantille finally got to answering her last question. Both of the young womans silver ears trained onto Chantille's voice as the white woman tentatively spoke. No.. he...he was stronger than that..when I last.. Her thoughts mushed together.

Memories of traveling through the late snows of winter with her father. His white coat blending in so easily. Sibo had been healthy then. When they first left on this strange adventure.

More moments saved from time piled together.

The snow reaching to her fathers ankles whereas it reached to her chest. Trailing behind the white wolf as he made a path through the snow. Being held in his gentle jaws by the scruff near the very beginning of their journey. How small had she been then? Nari wondered.

Other filed away memories brought back to the light from the dark corners of her mind.

Feeling warm days and watching the snows melt as her father brought her every meal he could find. She was so hungry back then. Always eating, always growing larger, and always watching Sibo growing slowly thinner.

"I have to be strong for you..." his voice echoed in her ears as she stared at her friend who had gone silent watching the cold earth below her.

"You weren't strong enough..." she crumpled to the ground unable to really start bawling. Tears welled from her eyes and the she wolfs nose began to run. A small whine escaped her lips as Nari buried her head into her front legs.

Why?...WHY!

OOC: she's just being dramatic right now. XD

Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Chantille watched as Nari lowered herself to the ground, attempting to bury her head away. With a frown tugging mercilessly upon Chantille's lips, the woman felt like crying, but she couldn't. With a careful step toward the silver wolf, she lowered her head slowly. Her neck outstretched as her muzzle reached toward the sobbing wolf. When the whine escaped the young lady's throat, Chantille felt a pang of sorrow stab at her. Closing her eyes, she rest her muzzle in the thick neck fur of the wolf before her.

"Narimé... I'm very, very sorry..." Her voice drifted off as she allowed silence to claim her. It covered her in a heavy blanket; it was one she could not lift. With her muzzle still resting in Nari's fur, she felt her body jerk. Tears were trying to come out. No. She had to remain strong and supportive.

Bringing her head back up now, she seated herself beside Nari. Sure, she would likely be flooded away by the tears, but no matter. She was there for her.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Silence

The moon, the stars. All existed long before the wolf. And yet nothing would seem more important to her than the life of her father. He had only been five. He hadn't even seen the eden that she had made her home up close for himself. He never got to see Narimé's friends or her new family.

Why is life like this? Why is it I was more attached to him than to Elettra and my new family? They should be equal...Why was it the only things she truly cared for were the things that were taken away without her even knowing?

Tears rolled down her face. Standing up again but still looking down at the ground Nari's face was covered by a silent snarl. She felt so lost. As if her reason for living had disappeared. Her mind was lost at sea in the darkness of her memories. A darkness which blinded the young wolf to those who really cared for her.

True, Elettra was not her real family and not blood related. However the regal woman had taken Nari in while she was just an ignorant child in the world of secrets and shadows. The dark fea was her alpha and an alpha was specifically there to care for the pack and to protect them.

So what? Elettra still isn't blood family...and..Chantille..isn't either. I've lost... all of my blood family.. Nari did not think of how close Chantille was to her. She did not know how much Chantille cared for her. Even if the white woman was grieving for the girl right in front of her blue eyes.

Narimé would not see the world.

She would not look at death, tears, sadness, or even the life of the earth.

Somewhere in the back of her head Nari had decided that she was going to run. She would run far. Just to run. Not to run from Sibo's death, or from her fear of what would happen in the future.

She would just run for that great feeling that only running could give.

Quietly the young wolf stood there unable to move and run as she was planning to. She listened to Chantille's breathing with a tranformed stoic look on her face. Narimé's eyes were dull. She was unfeeling just watching her white friend sitting next to her.

"Thank you..and sorry for bothering you and your pack at the border.." She spoke quietly not moving her eyes from their staring places. She waited for Chantille's answer before deciding to move any part of her numb body.

OOC: I will finish it with an exiting post of Nari after your post Kay?

Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
Ok!! :)

With watery eyes, Chantille took in a deep breath after the girl beside her spoke. Turning her head to her side, she nuzzled Nari's muzzle before shaking her head. "Do not give up on anything, Nari" These words would likely fall on deaf ears. Why would the wolf listen to her after what shocking news just entered her ears? Chantille suddenly dropped her face, gazing at the ground in embarrassment.

After gaining a moment to collect herself, she looked back to the misty-eyed wolf. "I am here for you whenever you need me. I'm so sorry I had to inform you of this..." Of course it was. Who else would it fall upon? One of her packmates to tell her? No. Chantille was the nicest wolf in all the Lore, most certainly... so naturally, such a burden would fall upon her. No worries, though. Her patient self keeps on going.

Exhaling, Chantille's ears forced themselves upward from their droopy state in anticipation of Nari's words. Having successfully blinked away the river of tears in her eyes, the cream coated wolf was able to see the younger female beside her.