(See All?) Announcements
441 Users Online
Bing, Google

A New Day — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
The brown former second sat down on the cooling ground as he listened to what each had to say. By the way Nina hesitated in calling him second; his first reaction was she was upset with him. Then again he had acted rather boldly but he couldn’t have helped it if he tried. Trying to lighten the mood he gave a light bark of a chuckle at the sarcasm before replying to her statement about loneliness. “For some reason the loneliness didn’t get to me first, I was already used to it, that and death was always next to my shoulder to keep me company.” Perhaps it sounded grimmer than it really was but that was how he always looked at it during that search for Kano.

He waited to see if this now relaxed wolf would accept Nina’s generous offer to join the soon to be pack. He hoped that he hadn’t ruined their chances of gaining a potential wolf. His worries were soon put at rest as the wolf accepted the offer. She seemed almost eager and it made him wonder how long she was by herself out there. However it also sounded like she wasn’t sure that she would be let in. “I think I speak for both of us when I say you are welcome to stay, you did put up with my minor attitude anyways so you deserve it.” He gave a small wolfish smile as his tail swayed gently behind him. Maybe there would be hope for this new pack after all.
With death comes life and with life comes hope.
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> Posture straight, yet relaxed Nina quietly waited for a response from the young wolf, her own green eye reflecting in the orbs of her golden ones. Nina’s head raised slightly, her ears twitching with satisfaction within Iopah’s answer. The brown healer did understand the situation the other loner was in. She had the same thing happen to her, not too long ago, by Ruiko and Aeylen. All seriousness laced her words when she finally spoke, "I understand. Trust is something that should be earned, not handed out. Though, I do not believe the pack will be residing in the area anymore. I was thinking more along the lines of Thicket of Secrets territory. . ."

With her muzzle she directed in the direction in which the territory would be, keeping calm through the transition. The pack would now have a new member to which they could happily welcome into the family with open hearts. Her tail wagged behind her in a small pace, taking her time to take in the new face before her. Her next words were spoken with utmost delicacy and kindness. "Welcome to the family, Iopah. If there is anything you ever need don‘t hesitate to call for me." And with her words she would reach out, and if the female would allow her to, she would rub her muzzle gently against the others, a sign of acceptance.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Last round for everybody? I'm going to open a couple threads for Io, both are welcome to join her. I'll post the links in the grab-a-plot thread.

-----------------

Her heart pounded in her chest. <i>What would Nina say?</i> Few alphas liked it when their trustworthiness was questioned. But Iopah could not help it if she tried, she had become very self-reliant over the past six months. A small part of her wished Nina would say no, rescind her offer. It was the same part of her that had raged when fellow pack mates turned on each other. She felt restless, her agitation dumping adrenaline into her system that she had no outlet in which to burn it off with. She shifted, her creamy feet stirring the frost-tinged leaves.

When Kashikoi spoke it was a welcome distraction. She nodded wordlessly as he spoke of his time as a lone wolf. All wolves reacted differently, no view could possibly be right or wrong. His kind, welcoming words encouraged her. She gave a nervous smile in response. Both knew it would ultimately be Nina's word. With that she looked back to the golden-brown female.

<b>I understand. Trust is something that should be earned.</b> At Nina's words her tail began a steady wag behind her. She stayed silent, listening to the rest of Nina's word, her eyes bright. She again nodded as Nina indicated the direction which they would move to. That would make sense, considering they hadn't been keeping up with the border here.

<b>"Thank you,"</b> Iopah whispered softly. She didn't know what else to say. Nina had accepted her without question.

Iopah saw the movement, the reaching out towards her. She recognized it, all pack leaders would mark their own, it was a symbol of submission and trust. Iopah stood still, letting her tail drop, she knew for trust to form, it needed to be offered in both directions. She inhaled as Nina's muzzle brushed gently against her own, committing her scent to memory. She drew back slightly to met Nina's face. <b>"I will stay here until until you,"</b> she stopped and corrected herself. <b>"until we leave."</b>
Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
Kashi already believed he knew what Nina’s choice would be just from how she held herself. He allowed his tail a gentle sway as he saw Nina brush her muzzle against the other female. With this addition to another of the future pack they were that much closer to forming again. Seeing that this meeting was coming to a close he got off his haunches and stood up. He smiled a toothy smile at the wolf finding a new joy in life. Perhaps if they could get the pack formed again he would be able to carry on. He wondered what could be going on through their heads.

Earlier it seemed that the female knew exactly what he was talking about. Perhaps they weren’t as different as he had thought. “Back when Ruiko took me into the pack he bit my ear lightly to show that I belonged.” When he finished his little memory from what seemed ages back he turned slowly to leave. He didn’t care what they would make of what he said. What he said were his thoughts and his alone, he would not force those thoughts onto anyone else. They would need to share their thoughts if they would be a successful pack in the future. Part of success in a pack was everyone one doing their part to help and make it good. As much as he hated to admit it, Ruiko had lost the will to lead and had left them to their own mettle and part of him couldn’t forgive him for it.
With death comes life and with life comes hope.
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> It seemed that her own acceptance for the other loner brought some happiness into her gaze…and that was something that Nina tried to grant everyone of whom she knew. Her tail lifted high as she heard Kashikoi speak. Her head then turned in his direction her ears flickering, a small, sad smile on her face as she listened to his words. She too remembered when she had been accepted by Aeylen…and then Ruiko much later in her stay. They had both gripped her muzzle with strong jaws before smoothing the fur along her muzzle. It showed her that she had been marked with power and acceptance…that she had a family. Memories with her would be made for another time. Now would not be that time.

As Kashi took his leave, Nina assumed it was also her time to do the same. Turning back to Iopah she nodded her head briefly, her strong voice echoing in the silence, "I do believe it is time for me to take my leave. If you wish you may stay her or come with us. If you stay, I will make sure to check in often." With a brief nod she too took her leave, her strong legs pushing her near Kashi as the two made their way back into the thickets.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Iopah shivered lightly at the enormity of what had just occurred. She was split equal parts relief and fear. She hoped her luck would not follow her. It was a dirty nagging fear that taunted her. It would be months before Iopah could be comfortable enough to begin to let go of that fear. Her tail waved uncertainly as she looked from Nina to Kashikoi.

The female understood his words, knew the frustration behind them. To pledge loyalty, only to be shown how little regard their protector had for them. Iopah herself had been thinking of a similar scene. She did not offer anything to him. There were no words that could soothe. He was lucky in that Nina was someone he trusted. It was better than being cast out into the unfamiliar.

Nearly in unison the two melted back into the underbrush. The small clearing was still, a bird called once in the silence. Iopah could tell they were headed towards the thicket. She knew she should follow them. Neither had said such, but Iopah knew as she watched the wolf leave. The one whose scent she now carried on her muzzle.

For months, even years, she had been looking behind her. Remember what she had lost, a life she would never get a chance to live. Those months could not be undone with a single gesture. Iopah was still fixated on the past. She could not bring herself to follow them. She would stay within these land and wait for a summons. The female padded towards the heart of Copper Rock Creek. [Io out!]