(See All?) Announcements
546 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven

Strange thing life is — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Deep within the thicket stood a lone black wolf, head and tail raised as if he was the master of this domain. but his eyes and scent gave away his fear and young age. Hollow was admiring the beauty of the thicket, the wind seemed to whisper of hidden places, places where starshine hung in the trees even when the sun shone bright . He wondered at it and enjoyed it, so little to be happy for these days, he worked constantly to defeat his past and it seemed it was working.

He exhaled ever since his arrival he had found himself thinking more, hunting more, sharpening his skills, hunting was natural, and his mock battles with foliage always went well unless there were brambles nearby. He reveled in the feeling of his muscles growing, his strength had returned from his journey and now he focused on becoming a hunter, a fighter, and a true wild wolf.

He relaxed his head and tail and fixed his strange gaze on the branches above silently listening, for wolves, prey, or anything else. Occasionally his blue gaze would catch a small rodent, and the ring of green in his right eye would light up brighter than the blue in both. He wouldn't hunt for a while, he was full fed today and just letting his mind wander trying to find a reason or rhyme to life and why it twisted and turned, or to why fate acted as strangely as it did.
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2013, 11:42 PM by Hollow.)
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> It hadn’t been long since she had made the announcement. . .the one that clearly stated that Copper Rock Creek was disbanding. It had been heartbreaking, saying the few words she never would have thought she would ever have to say in her life. She had though, and now she was on a mission to make everything better for the family who stayed. The family who she had resided with for so long and would do anything for. She had done it before and she would definitely do it again if any of them asked her to. She would protect them to the best of her abilities, and right now, thanks to Elettra, she now might be able to make the recovery she would have never been able to make by herself.

She now walked proudly, her tail and head held high and her paw steps deliberate and slow, her good eye took in the territory around her. It was what she had in mind for the new pack and she didn’t mind what she was seeing at all. It was secluded and wolves that didn’t know the area would have a hard time deciphering what to do. It would make for good protection, though there would always be the problem with hunting, though, she could easily scent some prey in the area that she was in right now. With all the foliage she was sure there was plenty of water to find somewhere within the small stretches of thicket.

She continued to look on, when another scent hit her nostrils. She made her way forward, her posture still up and high, her good emerald eye blazing with pride as she came forward. She was no longer embarrassed by how she looked. Her fur had grown back into its thick beauty and her scars were hardly noticeable. . .save the one on her eye. Her limp was no longer an accuracy, only bothering her every once and awhile, but today was not one of those days. When the other finally came into view she watched him. . .he was a male, black, and from what she could tell, had about the same build as him, she called out softly to him, "Hello there, sir."
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow heard the soft greeting and abruptly swung around, silently cursing the wind that had carried his scent to her, he never liked being unaware. However it was friendly so he was at ease, only slightly startled, the cool air settled his moment of surprise and restored his calm state. His strangely colored eyes ran over the stranger, whom only regarded him with a soft, "Hello there sir" which as it always did surprised him coming from a wolf older than he.

He evaluated the stranger as quickly as he could, she was a golden brown timber, her one eye was a breathtaking emerald green, which he reflected was the same color as that ring in his right eye, her other eye was closed, a battle injury, and other scars embedded in her skin though the fur had been growing back. She seemed level, resolved, as if she knew exactly what he was doing at all times, there was a determination about her that Hollow wish he shared.

He felt drawn towards her in the way lone wolves often felt drawn to others for the sole reason that they do not do loneliness well. But there was a difference because of the air about this wolf. She was strong as he could see by her wounds, if they were fresh he knew he couldn't survive them, she was proud and that determination, and her soft greeting told him she was certainly better to be friend than foe for he was very sure that she was probably a highly respected wolf with such a presence. At last after a few short moments he spoke and his southern accent floated almost lazily across the air.

"Hello there ma'am, The wind must have carried my scent, I had no idea there was another wolf out here, my name is Hollow, if you don't mind my asking, what would a wolf be doing out here other than trying to hide or be alone?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2013, 11:43 PM by Hollow.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> Her emerald eye watched him closely, evaluating him in her mind. He looked much younger than herself, though healthy. The man had perhaps had a better luck at a start here in Relic Lore than she had when she first arrived. . .even though it had been winter, there was a complete difference. She watched him closely as he spoke to her, and common interest for the male sparked in her eye. Indeed, she was here by herself, but for the hope of a future pack. . .for her future and for others that were already following her. She approached him now, to take a closer look at him, and ate the fact that he was but a mere yearling.

She replied soon, her tone brisk but polite, "I am Nina Reinier and I am scouting this territory for a place to start a pack. . .my pack." Her tone was serious and dead on neutral. She was not challenging the male, but she was finalizing her point of what she was doing. She was a lone wolf right now, though, she held on with dear hope that all would go according to plan. . .after she found a leading male. She would definitely have to discuss with Sloane on the subject later in time. . .when the time arose.

Her tail wagged easily behind her as she watched the stranger. If he was well fed then perhaps he would be good at hunting. It would easily be something that her new pack would need. Hunters would be good. . .mainly in the winter when prey was scarce, and from what she knew, the only wolf that was capable of hunting good prey was Kashikoi and Sloane. She still had yet to evaluate Durai and Ashanti. . .but their own tests would come in time, when Nina would think the time was right. For now though, she would keep her mind on the task in front of her.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Recognition flashed across the young wolfs face, this she-wolf was scouting as she had said. A soul holding together a ragged and worn pack to find a new home. Hollow felt a strange longing in his heart to ask to be part of it, but another part of him wanted to explore more of this place he had stumbled upon. Ambition sparked in him to be an alpha, leader of a strong pack of warriors, hunters and mothers, and families. He longed to lead and be looked up to revered by his packmates, and feared by enemies. As per life he knew that this dream was a long way off for him so he stored this away in his heart for he knew inside that if it was to be it would happen.

The thicket here was a good place for a pack to make its home he reflected, solid shelter good still fat prey, though the sting of winter had not yet arrived. The dense vegetation even in the dead of winter would still provide plenty of cover and shelter to a pack. Hollow was indeed pleased to find that there were packs in the forest, the lands he had traveled before were sometimes barren and devoid of life, even in summer months.

Her voice guarded and neutral giving way to the fact that she still upheld her pack in her heart to have a strong face to strangers. Her scent, as she approached gave way to the fact that she lived with others, it was enough for him to realize she already had a pack and it made him wonder what could have happened for a pack to need a new home. Disasters and wars he knew all too well could do those things, he had traveled through places and avoided vicious battles of packs fighting each other for land.

"If it helps any, I've had no trouble finding prey here, and there's plenty of shelter."

He truly had hoped to make his den here in the thicket so as to be alone when thoughts of his terrifying childhood surfaced. But a pack in need of home softened him and he would not try to stake claim if it meant depriving them of a home. At that thought instantly he felt his heart drop and his torn memories resurface. Home, his parents, the terrible sight of their lifeless bodies, his own fear welling up inside him, the desperate run to put his distance between memories and his physical body, home, something he had lost.

"I hope your pack is well, you carry their scent so either they have no home or some other tragedy must have happened."

Hollow knew too much of tragedies, and hoped the old fear and sadness stayed out of his relaxed gaze.
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2013, 11:44 PM by Hollow.)
Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna
Ashanti ran up behind Nina, her eyes in worry. <b>"Thank the spirits of Aranna I found you Nina! I thought I'd been left behind. I had just stopped to look at some herbs I saw."</b> She said before turning to the male wolf in front of her. She was so tempted to tease him, but she'd changed. She followed Nina, she'd never do that in front of her. <b>"Greetings, I am Ashanti Aranna."</b> She said, a small nod to show respect to the male. She looked back to Nina for her response. Ashanti was acting strong right now, the wolf, it reminded her of Jet. Her best friend, her mentor, her guide when she lived back where she was born.

But Jet was no doubt in Aranna for helping her escape. Then she realized she never told Nina of her belief. Ashanti believed all wolves went to the sacred realm of Aranna after death, she thought they'd be eternally grateful and be at peace for the rest of they're days, no need to fight for scraps of food. She'd never explained her thoughts to Nina. Nor the fact she'd changed her last name to be separate forevermore from her aunt. She changed it to Aranna to forever remember her parents. Her siblings, and Jet. She only knew Isen was alive when she left. The rest had been killed.
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> Most of the time it was hard for Nina to keep a strong face in front of others. She was no longer the soft, well-spoken girl who had come from a land just out of Relic Lore. She had not been asked much of it, but she knew, she was no longer the follower who obeyed every command thrown her way. She knew she should have been waiting for Ashanti, knowing that previously she had been held up. The golden lady had scented the sweet odors of the herbs and had watched, increasingly pleased, as the still growing female stopped to sniff at the things. Nina had not made any comment but had silently walked deeper into the thickets with a small smile planted on her face.

No longer since she had arrived, Ashanti came up behind her and the golden healer was happy to see that the girl had good tracking abilities. She nodded briefly towards her friend before looking back towards the male in front of her. She took note to his scent quickly before concentrating on his words. . .yes, his words were true. The two facts that he had put on the ground in front of her had already been things she had scouted out and came out in a success. If her pack did reside here, they would eat well, and for those who didn’t know the territory well enough, would be a wonderful place for defense.

His next words echoed in her head, and she once again lifted her head before answering. With a swift clear of her throat she began, "We are not a pack quite yet. We are in the makings." She did not rely on her voice to tell him of Copper Rock Creek. . .not everyone in the land had to know about the disbanded pack. Only a selected few would know about it. . .or at least from her a few would know about it. Otherwise, it was going to stay on the down low until the time finally did arise for the lands to know of it. Her jaws reopened as she spoke, "What brings you to Relic Lore?"
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Another wolf approached behind Nina, white, not much older than Hollow by scent, and light blue eyes. "Greetings, I am Ashanti Aranna", her voice rang out, until Nina spoke again all Hollow would offer was a small nod of acknowledgement. There was the smallest remaining hint of mischief in Ashanti's clear blue gaze, though as she glanced at Nina It quickly extinguished. "We are not a pack quite yet. We are in the makings.", So Hollow reflected, He was right, He knew that there was something underlying he would not be told, so he didn't press, it wasn't his business unless she wanted it to be.

"What brings you to Relic Lore?"[/I] this Nina comforted him somehow, and he felt he could trust her enough with his story, at least as he was going to tell it. His lip raised on one side to reveal one of his fangs, his eyes clouded and he spoke.

{B}"Life brought me to Relic Lore, My parents were taken by rouges, I ran and survived long enough to find this place. I like it here."
His lip lowered. "I'm here to make a life." He nodded at Ashanti, "I'm Hollow by the way"

He could never have the courage to ask for help, throw himself to another's mercy. Yes winter was approaching, he didn't know if he was strong enough to cope with it, but he just couldn't beg for help even though deep down his soul cried out of loneliness and a need to belong. He turned his gaze back to Nina and met hers level so as not to show the battle that was taking over him. Pride battled soul over a question he didn't have the courage to ask, Could your pack use an extra set of paws? damn his timid young mind. His insides were in turmoil.
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2013, 11:47 PM by Hollow.)
Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna
Ashanti nodded, she knew Nina hadn't meant to leave her behind and she knew she would have caught up any way. She wasn't hurt, being hurt was for the weak. "Life brought me to Relic Lore, My parents were taken by rouges, I ran and survived long enough to find this place. I like it here. I'm here to make a life. I'm Hollow by the way." She wanted to tease him so much. But it had been too long. She couldn't break the streak I drove Rais insane. I drove Valiant to attack me. I warned Ash to not harm Nina again, or else he would die. In the process of warning Ash, I pissed off Athena. I have to stop. What would mother say if she saw me? She wondered, a respectful nod to Hollow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hollow."She said, she'd let Nina do the rest of the talking. The scent of herbs still clung to her pelt from her ventures. The words of conversation had been passing before she got there. She was just glad Hollow was not the type to attack. Her eyes still flashed misceviously now and again.

[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> One steel eye stared at the male in front of her, her eye carefully tracing its way away from Ashanti as she stared at him. She had appreciated the acknowledgement she had been given and now her eyes were tracing their way back towards Hollow. As she stared at him, she took note to his build in her mind. He sure looked like a wolf who knew how to take care of his business and perhaps take care of others. From what she had seen he seemed to be quite polite and it was that in which Nina was looking for. She needed wolves she could trust and meeting new wolves was the only way to do so. She waited patiently for them all to stop speaking to one another before she would continue again.

Her thick tail wagged behind her when she started speak, "It‘s good to hear that. My pack will definitely need more members to help form it to have a good foundation. If you‘re interested don‘t hesitate to call for me." She spoke briskly and in a business like tone. This was a new Nina. . .someone not many had met. She could no longer be as weak as she had once been. She had herself to stand up for now, along with her pack mates, and many others who would be looking for a home and needed somewhere to stay. She just needed members now.